JEAN GRAY (adult) IS BACK

PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #1
(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A/CA) Leinil Francis Yu
She will return, like a Phoenix from the ashes.
Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion – the one true Jean Grey is back!
Rated T+
In Shops: Dec 27, 2017
SRP: $4.99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

“Matt came to us with a really interesting and unique approach to bringing Jean back,” senior editor Mark Paniccia said in an official statement. “It’s not what we expected, and plays to Matt’s biggest strengths as a storyteller. This is very cool mystery building to a mind-warping climax. And it has plenty of what you’d expect from an X-MEN epic of this magnitude. Action, romance, sacrifice, lots of X-Men and five great artists.”

“It’s such a mind-blowing honor to bring back the original Jean Grey,” Rosenberg said of working on his and Yu’s series. “I’ve been an X-Men fan my whole life and Jean is, in my mind, the true soul of the X-Men. So we aren’t taking this lightly. We’re going for that perfect balance of universe shaking epic and intimate personal drama that only the X-Men ever truly achieve. This is all hands on deck for the X-Men as every available member heads into battle for the soul of their team and maybe even the fate of the Marvel Universe.”

“This is just the beginning,” teased Paniccia. “Something this big will leave quite a footprint on the Marvel Universe. Jean will have a startling new role after this, and you’re left wondering, how will the rest of the X-Men respond? What will happen to young Jean Grey?”

Marvel also confirmed that Rosenberg has signed an exclusive deal with the publisher.

I actually quite liked Rosenberg's use of the X-Men in that issue of Secret Warriors.

I'm not a big X-fan, but I'm receptive based on previous work I've enjoyed.

I always had the boner for Jean Grey but I'm 100% sure this is just another shitty event that contributes nothing in the current continuity

But I really want to see the interaction between OML and her.

Is it worth my $5?

Rosenberg is the guy from Secret Warriors? well, he's already using X-Men villains and his Quake is good even with the stupids synergy retcons, so maybe this is good too.

If anyone has any sense going into this, they'll take Jean/Phoenix and get her the hell away from the X-Men and Earth and have her doing what she should've done back in the 80s, being a solo hero in space.

That's the only way I can see this not turning into another pointless non-event.

It would be a better surprise if we hadn't a duplicate version running around.

Just like the first time she came back but worse

Is this going to be a like an Endsong type of read?

>If anyone has any sense going into this, they'll take Jean/Phoenix and get her the hell away from the X-Men and Earth and have her doing what she should've done back in the 80s, being a solo hero in space.

This, Jean needs to fuck off and join Bill in space as a cosmic hero and take the horse cock

Member when Marvel said no more events or crossovers?

Fuck Marvel

It isn't an event or crossover. This is just a new Jean Grey solo book but with old Jean Grey.

>And it has plenty of what you’d expect from an X-MEN epic of this magnitude. Action, romance, sacrifice, lots of X-Men and five great artists.”

Please no more romance and sacrifice because of Jean. Her Logan and Scott are dead, who's left for the romance?

young Jean becomes teenage-mother Goblin Queen 2.0?

You really think they won't run "Return of Jean" in more than 2 books?

This will be like the Vortex crossover: main title + 2/3 tie-ins.

I am fucking tired of crossovers every fucking time, just give me 12 issues with no crossovers for fuck sake.

I honestly believe Marvel interns are trying to hype this up because I can't imagine anyone cares enough about Jean Grey to make this many threads.

Marvel is way too dumb to realize that the Jean/Scott/Logan love triangle was and still is the worst part of the X-Men.

Still nice to see the X-Men getting treated nicely again after Perlmutter's Inhumans push crashed and burned along with his hopes and dreams of ever having control over Marvel Studios.

>Jean Grey (adult)
Oh, the implications

This will make bearded Strong Guy canon.

>05 Jean, you truly are the Superior Jean.

Best case scenario out of this mini-event?

Adult Jean comes back, sees the fucked up state Earth is in right now, gives young Jean some pointers on how to better use her telepathy and telekinesis, then bamfs off Earth and merges again with the Phoenix Force, and now spends the next dozen books doing cosmic shit to try and restore some good will in the galaxy towards humans, but probably fucks up somehow in the process to return things to status quo, probably her being a bit too loosey-goosey with the Phoenix powers and accidentally vaporizes a planet or solar system.

I fucking hate you marvel

What a surprise?

Totally did not expect that

Eh, i'll check it out

>Jean is back
>Scott is still dead
fuck

It is an unexpected surprise. She's been dead longer then any other x-men character at this point. Longer then her first death. And with past Jean running around I honestly did not think they'd bring back the old one also.

>JEAN GRAY (adult) IS BLACKED
I'd watch it.

Yes, everyone's a shill because you can't fathom the idea that somebody likes Jean

>being this obvious
I guess they're getting their money's worth with that unpaid internship, eh?

So how will she react to Cyclops being dead?

>bucky and Jason are back
>now Jean
Uncle Ben when

>tfw Scott returns
>tfw Jean tries guilt tripping him
>tfw he tells her to that while she was busy being dead he and Emma were trying to save mutants
>tfw they have a full on fight and Scott BTFOs her
I can dream, can't I?

>somebody likes Jean
Literally no one likes her, you stupid fuck. If somehow anyone did, they'd tell you she was better off dead than in current Marvel.

Rosenberg is an idiot. He'll end up worse than soule or lemire

>it's literally been YEARS since AvX
>so lets rehash the fucking Phoenix Force again!
I don't think I could give LESS of a shit.
>five great artists
I ... stand corrected.

It's the kind of a surprise, as for example, expecting a vidya game on x-mas, and instead getting new pair of socks.

>It is an unexpected surprise
[ screams internally ]

Literally impossible as Old Scott will just JEEEEEEAAAAAANNNNN!!

hell, i still waiting Thomas Wayne back

They only said no events. As in no line-wide events like Secret Empire, Civil War II, and Secret Wars. They never said no crossovers, and even if they did, this is just an ongoing.

How will Jean react to the news of Scott being the worst Hitler ever?

>Is it worth my $5?
Considering it's not out yet, there's no way for us to know beyond shitposts like "it's marvel therefore it's shit so no." Rosenberg is generally a pretty good writer though, but plenty of good writers have put out bad books on occasion.

>(adult)
the fact that they have to specify it show how much of a mess the current continuity is

>still no rightclops

Fuck you Marvel

>they have to specify it
You know the person who made this thread isn't actually a Marvel employee, even if everyone screams shill at every little post?

Why does the Phoenix have teeth? C'mon Adams, get it together.

>I am fucking tired of crossovers every fucking time, just give me 12 issues with no crossovers for fuck sake.
Remember when events took place in Annuals and the main titles were left alone? Good ole days, mate...

it is on the official posters

You know very well that she'll come back just to say scott was wrong.

>yu

At least we'll get great ass shots from this.

Probably this

One thing I noticed: we're not seeing ANY art or covers of Young Jean confronting Old Jean. And in her solo book, Old Jean's astral projection is chatting in the girl's head.

So, my guess is that the Old Jean takes over the body and mind of the young one for a few issues.

We already got Bearded Strong Guy in the SE issue that featured mutants.

she can always get with one of the many wolverines or twinklops.

Get some new ideas Marvel

Can't Phoenix resurrect people? If they bring her back as Phoenix (which is likely cause of Generations) then she can bring Scott back. Then he can host the Phoenix too and start a Secret Phoenix Empire with his Nazi Mutant regime.

meh. They should've wait for Dark Pheonix to come out to release this

Oh. Well, nevermind then. Yeah, that is profoundly dumb.

They always do it pre-emptively. Just like with Old Man Logan coming in like a year ahead of the Logan film.

Except it wasn't unexpected. Who else besides Wolverine and Professor X can they bring back? Fucking Cyclops? Marvel is trying to bury Cyclops. Jean was literally the only option that would make for a big ass event for the X-Men books. It wasn't unexpected in the slightest.

Probably, wouldn't stop Scott from being factually right though.

Wonder why Marvel hates Cyclops and Emma so much, yet the fans absolutely hate Beast and Jean? Why such a huge division between readership and writers?

is bobby going to get angry at her for not telling him he was gay?
how will she react to the fact that both of her favorite men are dead and repalced by lower dopplegangers?
how will she react to her own doppleganger?
when are wolverins and cyclops also coming back?

Snikbub will, Marvel loves to make the walking canadian cliche fight ninjas and stupid shit like that.

Cyke will remain dead, guy managed to break status quo and become a lot more interesting than any other mutant in the last 15 years. Marvel hates that.

youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

Cyclops being dead is a far better fate then what befell the rest of the X-Men. I wish Beast, Emma, and Brand were dead.

The amount of shit heaped on them is outrageous.

>(adult)

Kinda hard to care when they already brought the O5 (inlcuding Jean) from the past.

And I don't really trust Modern Marvel to do her justice.