Why does it matter if they just paint her orange?

Other urls found in this thread:

tishushu.tumblr.com/post/5548905092/here-is-the-psychology-today-article-by
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they won't do that, and you know it as well as I do.

I'm scared they won't.
Gamora was green so she was nowhere near any real race.
Starfires orange is kind of close to a real human skin tone.

>Born on a low-technology jungle planet
>Father is a Kangz and shit
>gets carried off on a slave ship
>ends up in America as a physically aggressive immigrant with a shitty command of the language.

I'll accept it.

It doesn't matter user
It's going to be a shitty show nobody is going to watch and it would have been a shitty show nobody was going to watch regardless of the casting
Just don't watch it, find something better to do that will hurt them

It's like complaining about how they cast Gorgon on on the Inhumans or really anyone on Gotham.

>Redhead gets turned into a sheboon

Like clockwork.

>claps back
What?

>Gotham is bad
Someone didn't make it past the first season

She's American

>watching absolute garbage for an entire season to get to the "good" stuff which is still sub-par dreck.
You must be a fan of Arrow and modern anime too, amiright?

They want to get you mad because that way they can try to exploit it for views
And if it works they get attention and they win and they rub it in your face
And guess what? If they don't get any views they lose and they still pretent to win (because they will never admit they lost) and rub it in your face
You will never get the satisfaction of herring any of these people admit they are wrong, best case scenario they very quietly change positions
Just stop looking for that gotcha moment because you aren't going to get it, half the world could blow up and they would still pretend they where right

looks so ugly...

Arrow sucks dick, it's had one good season and that was the last one
>b-but Slade
Slade was an embarrassment of a villain who's entire motivation falls apart the second you give it some thought. It's the worst case of "if they talked things would be fine" I've ever seen in a CW show and retards lapped it up like a kitten discovering milk.

>Claps

I love this new meme

Krk seriously though, what the guck does claps back mean?

To respond to someone else's statements or accusations; to defend yourself.

>claps back at haters

What language is this?

>He has to watch an adaptation of a 90 year old property all the way from the beginning to follow the plot that they've explained elsewhere a hundred times

Better start from Detective Comics 27 and read everything that follows or you'll never keep up!

Well, if Plain White Page With No Author is reporting on it, it must be true.

Like with your ass cheeks

>Father is a Kangz and shit

>I don't understand it. The guy came up to her and said "niggers should be killed" and she just started twerking at him

So people are mad because they think an alien from another planet is white? Is this really the state of humanity?

>Americlaps

I wouldn't matter if they hired an actual pretty girl and not some ugly ass hoe.

People are mad because she looks like a gross old lady.

Painting her orange won't make her any less unattractive.

Also I doubt they actually will, I bet they'll get called racist if they do.

What is supposed to be wrong here?
Given the size of her lips, she 'claps' whenever she makes a sound.

>describing yourself and pretending it's how other people behave: the post

user, you're on Sup Forums.

Neo-ebonics

I'm sure the ratings will return the favour

guardians of the galaxy didn't get called racist

>a mixed race, bombastic brazilian girl would be perfect for live action starfire already
>NO, IT MUST BE ENRICHED FURTHER
>pick african with a pompadour

american

I just want to know, why is it always the redheads that get blackwashed
I understand they're probably overrepresented given that so few women are actually natural redheads but why is there this "redhead -> black" swap in place?

That's subjective, and Starfire doesn't exactly look like a teenager.

>WE WUZ THE KINGS AND THE SHEEEEEEEEETS.

Didn't it used to be the job of teenagers to make dumb slang?

1: Starfire is an alien, not a white person
2: redheaded black people exist

>dc will never bother to put detective comics 1-26 up on comixology

Different situations.

Starfire's race is a 'thing' now, Gamora's wasn't

Also Zoe Saldana is mixed Haitian/Puerto Rican and actually attractive, not a sub-saharan heffer.

Quadroons don't count.

>Starfire's race is a 'thing' now

What the fuck does that mean?

>if they just paint her orange
high chance they don't. And they will use the tamaranian wars to go all "we dindunuthing le white man enslaved us abloblobloo"

that's not what a quadroon is.

People are talking about it, Slate and Salon and Jezebel are writing about it.
People will be paying attention to it and if the film-makers try to "erase" her race then some degree of a stink WILL be raised.
It's a 'thing'

Starfire doesn't look like she's 60 either.

I read that pic Actress Ass claps back at haters at first.

Gingers were the subhumans of europe before they discovered niggers, so the two relate in the public subconscious

>quadroons don't count
The history books beg to differ. The notorious one drop rule in particular.

>Starfire is black
>Starfire's sister is probably also black
>Starfire's sister is called Blackfire
>Blackfire is now black
heh

No you dumbass. At best that girl is half and half if not pure. A quadroon is 1/4 black. And some unmixed native Africans are redheads. Do A little research instead of just talking out your ass.

I need to stop reading news about this. What's the point getting upset now? They've won. Any and all attempts to try and fight this will make you the bad guy. The only thing that you can do is NOT see the movie. Whoever said "SJWs have NO CONTROL OVER MEDIA LOL" is full of shit.

>Sup Forums now does edgy racist teenager jokes
>instead of actually discussing comics and cartoons
Come on guys, this is why I left Sup Forums

This is black teenage slang. People have been using this phrase since at least around 2008 as far as I know personally, so likely, it's the same kids from then just grown up. The only difference is now you have journalists and Web blogs using slang in their articles since there really isn't quality control on the Internet and a lot of places want to sound hip and cool.

Same old story, Internet just makes things more accessible and for some reason people on Sup Forums get really upset hearing black slang when we're all on here saying shit like kek, desu, m8, b8, shiggy diggy, etc. And ironically even take black slang like thicc when it's convenient.

This article is stupid, and this thread is stupid. I'm stupid for wasting time analyzing this nonsense. You're stupid if you took the time to read this post or any others in this thread.

Goodnight everybody.

A quadroon is black. They have 1/4 African dna.

If we are going down the line of saying african mixed people aren't black, as they are considered in the census, then we might as well mark over half of the current black population as not black as 90% of them have on average 30% European admixture or more.

technnically irelevant if they use make up, we got many black actors playing great "white" alien races in fiction like start trek or star wars.
Just crossing fingers they don't Africanize the character and have her talk like a sassy ebonic, make the tamarans into tribal Africa with flying pyramids, make shitty slavery comparison, that while true to the comics would be loaded with blm propaganda in a modern setting, or simply cover her body and make her the "wise soul" of the team in general. Starfire is supposed to be fun, with a dark past she really wants to put behind her. If they miss that it's gonna be shit.

>A woman with brown skin was cast as an alien with orange skin
>they won
How can anyone be so easily triggered?

>Misses the point completely
>further proves there's no point getting mad about a black starfire.

>cartoon and comic fans want adaptations to look like the things they already love
What a shocker. Not sure how you can equate this to Assassin's Creed KANGZ jokes.

The statement "Black people can have red hair" is blatantly misleading.

[WARNING INCOMING FOOD ANALOGY]

It's like saying "Spaghetti contains beef" and then supporting that statement with a picture of a plate of spagetti with meat sauce.
You have to mix in another ingredient that actually DOES contain beef for the statement to be true.

Black people with red hair exist, but only when they have a white parent, there's no such thing as a black person with red hair who isn't also a white person.

The one drop rule is horseshit and has been known to be horseshit for decades, the only sense in which it holds remotely true is sociologically, but red hair isn't sociological, it's biological.

I'm not upset there's a black starfire. I'm just saying that quadroons and other mixed folk are considered black despite having less than 100% african admixture. Race is a social construct and whatnot and there's no hard lines on what makes a person black, white, asian, etc. It's just some guy marking boxes and making a guess instead of plucking hairs and drawing hard lines in the sand.

This is assuming they're NOT going to paint her orange and just keep her black.

The one drop rile is bullshit.
But red headed Africans do exist user, without white parents.

TV shows aren't biological either. It's nonsense being output on your screen by electrical signals for all that matters.

But your statement that a black person can only have red hair with a white ancestor is misleading and untrue. In our society we consider people with less than 100% african lineage to be black so bringing up that they have a white parent or ancestor doesn't make a person any less black since society is what makes that call to begin with. Just like how we call a group of people in the United States black despite the fact that they all have approximately 30% European admixture on the low end of the spectrum.
Furthermore, there are some natural red and even blonde haired africans. Like straight out of Africa. Google it.

Americans 20'th generation talking in the name of African black people is always hilarious to foreigners. The fact people say "black" instead of pin pointing one of the dozens of African ethnicity is already the proof those people don't know shit about the subject.

And then someone else didn't get much further if they thought that shit was good

that's blonde to me.

It's not just the skin, dipshit. Negroid features just aren't as attractive as cacausoid ones. You can argue they're your personal preference but there's studies that literally say black women are the least attractive type of women
tishushu.tumblr.com/post/5548905092/here-is-the-psychology-today-article-by

Well, they can't pin point an African ethnicity because of the slave trade, user. Families were broken up with babies taken away, traditions broken, and slaves were rolled all around the country. It was different from the Trans Saharan where they'd just castrate the slaves and move them directly out of Africa every generation. It'd be impossible to have someone tell you their heritage or pinpoint a country when there's a huge dark age in their lineage. You talk to an old black woman today (70+) and ask her if her grandparents knew their grandparents she'd probably say no. I know this because my grandma is black and her great great grandparents were among the last group of slaves to get rolled around the country. It's literally like a story where you wake up and have no idea where or who you are. Everyone is mad at you and nobody can tell you anything. [/spoiler ]

Were you you this triggered when they made Atreyu white instead of green?

>there are studies
There are studies that say the earth is flat. You'll find studies like that are designed to make people like you feel good about your ignorance.

Literally the third reply in this thread is someone making a KANGZ joke

1. They're the scarcest of the mainstream minorities (and I mean actual race world minorities, not what the media calls "minority"), so there's a lack of "protection movements" since liberals are too busy appeasing their black pets and ignoring every other ethnicity.
If you race-swap any other race there's a noticeable outburst. With how little in numbers redheads are they're the most easy to ignore, which is very ironic considering that the reason they're shunned is for minority and diversity's sake.

or

2. Hollywood is literally run by jews, this is a well known fact. So maybe they hate redheads because they associate them with Germany? I don't know. It wouldn't be the first time jews show a profound spite over something petty, I mean look at what happened to Victory, the first horsemen of the apocalypse.

To be completely frank, nothing ruins my suspension faster then when a fictional race comes in different human races.

First example that comes to my head is watching the mermaids from Pirates of the Carribean 4. Seeing a black mermaid, a white mermaid, and an asian mermaid all swimming together at the same time got me wondering "How the hell did these mythical creatures evolve into every human race? Did they evolve from humans? Did they evolve from fish? Maybe they used magic to spontaneously match each human's preference?". And suddenly, the moment is over and I find myself wondering about stupid and pointless shit while 5 minutes have passed and I've stopped paying attention to the actual plot entirely.

I mean Detective 1 for SURE isn't going on there ever.

I loved what they did in New Super-Man though

Neither does the niggress

People are worried they won't give her orange makeup

Because gamora is as far from a human skin tone as possible.
Starfire can almost pass as white.

That's the niglet equivalent of those fucking awful poodle dogs. Probably a white mother turning its mistake into a fashion miracle.

It's "responds" in Blackanese

They wont paint her orange. What's the point of raceswapping someone if you wont commit and virtue signal about it all the time.

Reddit is down the hall and to the left

Detective 27 isn't even the whole comic. Just the batman parts. I think it's the same up until it becomes a fully batman book..
Same with action #1 I think.

YAAAS QUEEN SLAY!

a) they very likely won't paint her orange.

b) most black people have... let's say it's a very distinct facial structure. I won't say that there aren't black people out there who look like Starfire, but it sure as hell ain't that bitch.

Literally anyone cast as Starfire would be a race swap because she isn't a fucking human

So the teens are keeping the slang for a while into adulthood like the hippies did?

> I hope he is fired from Psychology Today as well as his job as a professor at London School of Economics. It is bad enough to write about this, but to pass it along to his students is completely immoral.
First comment, every time on tumblr.

well played. My bad.

>have her talk like a sassy ebonic
I would read that elseworlds
But yeah for the show or main canon it would be crap.

Kek

You know that guy who says "Akchually she's 1000 years old, NOT a preteen girl"? That's you. No one gives a shit whether she's technically an alien, because they're talking about the character's design.

>Putting a troq in a movie at all.

Oh god, I'm loving the comments on that article.

Who?

>she's technically an alien
She's not "technically" an alien, you idiot, she is just a full on not-from-Earth alien.