ITT: overused episode plots your tired of seeing

ITT: overused episode plots your tired of seeing

>character splits into multiple versions of themselves, each one representing a persinality trait

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxSkZ8ySo1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fictional character turns out to be real and the books are the authors biography

>overused

I've barely seen this in any show

How can anyone hate this?

>something happens to character that drastically changed him/her
>returns to status quo at the end of the episode

I grow tired of everything ripping off The Incal

I'm with these guys OP, its been 10 years since I last saw this.

>it's a vidya related episode

>it's a lisa needs braces episode

>chuck sells his store to sneed

>it's a boys vs. girls episode

>it's a Tabletop and/or live-action role play episode

>character gets fat/muscled/giant for one episode
Anyone still doing this is a fetishist or catering to it.

First one I thought of, too. Also
>character makes up ridiculous lie and everyone else is part of the effort to keep up the charade rather than tell the liar to own up to it

>tfw I unironically like those

I loved Wander over Yonder's version of this where Sylvia had to collect all the Wanders

> character gets an authority position and gets drunk from power

>character gets drunk

>character gets a fancy new job
>quits it or gets fired by the end of the episode

>tfw literally half of Simpsons season 10 is exactly this.

Literally only MLP

>main character brings an in universe fictional character to life
>they have an existential crisis about what's real and what isn't

>it's a "characters find a frozen caveman, unfreeze him, and try to integrate him into modern society" episode

Phieneas and ferb also did this.

>Characters realizes the goal they've been pining after for their whole life
>Everything is good and finally they can evolve past their one dimensional "I need X" personality
>Deus Ex Machina happens
>The "X" must be sacrificed to save a friend/a relationship/an aesop
>Status quo returns

>This plot is going to be reused no less than a billion times in the same series

>Masked badass kicks bad guys asses
>unmasked
>Wow! It's a girlll

TTG did one much more recently

Encino Man is a great movie

>It's the girl team member they left at home at the beginning of the episode because she is useless
>She did it to prove she is cool and kickass too
>Next episode, she is useless again

>It's a meta-episode where the characters realize they're in a cartoon and can do literally anything.
Oh wait, I thought this was the "fantastic, yet underused tropes" thread. Muhbad.

>it's a misunderstanding episode

Only Teen titans and Darkwing Duck has done this

>x saves y's life and now y is x's servant
>x doesn't like them being their servant and tries to have them save their life to get rid of them

>show or episode focuses on a borderline poverty family
>they face actually issues like debt, money for kids school, condescending characters, etc

I've been in the same situation and I don't really find it endearing when I see the same thing happen in cartoons.

>It's a "the villain is punished for doing nothing" episode

>character can't drink beer but they give the illision of being drunk
>it's Otis ftom Andy Griffith Drunk and not accurate

>character splits into a nice half and a angry/evil/tired of being held back half
>side characters have to figure out which is which

Samurai jack in a shellnut

>good guy gets a chance to fuck over the bad guy when the latter gets caught off guard
>good guy helps him instead, showing a small sign of a possible friendship forming
>last minute of the episode is the bad guy dicking him again as the status quo is maintained

>Antagonist starts doing hero's job, he somehow manage to look better than him and the entire cast/town/community start shitting on the hero and completely forgets how many times he saved their asses in the past, until the antagonist reveals it was one of his schemes and then everyone sucks hero's cock again and everything goes back to normal

>New bad guy appears and starts giving trouble to both the hero and the main antagonist, they decide to sign a truce to fight him, they find common grounds, develop an almost friendship and manage to defeat him with flawless teamwork, but then they drop it suddendly and everything goes back exactly like it was before

>Main character meets a potential love interest that is basically a female version of him, bonus points if she/he is followed by genderswapped versions of the rest of the supporting cast

>Side character gets shit on for the entire episode, this is supposed to be the joke but it gets really frustrating and sad

>Comic/Cartoon thread gets taken over by angry white bois and turns into a political shit flinging "REEEEEE LIBRAHLS" thread just because someone triggered them with a joke

I hate all of these episodes.

>main character is good at something, but then they fail at it, now they refuse to do it ever again, AND THE BIG GAME IS TOMORROW!

>Character is known for being very nice, but a rumor is going around that they did something very mean. follow nice character secretly to discover....it was a MISUNDERSTANDING!

>Main character like female character but pretends not to, this is built up but NEVER DELIVERED UPON EVER THE END!

>Oh no, i lost my power/special tool/mojo guess i'm useless now. Oh wait, turns out the clothes don't make the man or something

here are some for the modern age!

>Boy likes girl, too bad because girl is super smart science person that doesn't have time for silly boys, ALL THE WOMEN WHO INDEPENDENT! THROW YOUR HANDS UP AT ME!!!!!!

>It's an obvious trope episode, JUST KIDDING IT ISN'T! HOW SUBVERSIVE!!!!

>The Annoying character that any normal person would say is annoying and shitty is never called out on it and even needs to be apologized to when made sad by someone that finally told them off.

>HI Itchy! It's me! Poochy! the rocking Dog/new kid/pet/power puff girl/sibling

>Side character gets shit on for the entire episode, this is supposed to be the joke but it gets really frustrating and sad

go to bed MrEnter

>it's a beach party episode

>it's an internet episode
>Hi! Redit!

>Character discovers new talent or gains new skill
>Quits his life-long job to get a job revolving around new talent
>Screws it up or he doesn't like it or some other retarded shit gets in the way so he quits/gets fired by the end of the episode
>Gets his old job back
That's one more reason why I think Bob's Burger is better than modern Simspons: Bob actually likes and values his job while Homer always jump onto the latest crazy scheme.

probably just me but

>It's a Musical Episode.

ugh.

>it's an anime related episode
>Only references the most normie shit from the 80's like Astro Boy, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball and Speed Racer

youtube.com/watch?v=xxSkZ8ySo1o

Yes,and it was dumb enough there I am already sick of it.
I am sure I have seen a couple other shows do it although as far as I know those all at least had the decency to introduce the fictional character in that same episode.

>It's the villain wins but now doesn't know what to do and goes into depression resulting in him/her finally letting the good guys go/win episode

I am looking forward to when we start getting madoka refrences.
Mark my words, next time a character looses a head in a tv show it will be in the same way as mami?

fantastic voyage ripoff
i seriously don't think a single less creative plot exists

That's because TTGO shamelessly copy/paste episode plots on a regular basis. There was another GO episode with the exact same plot, only with Raven. Fuck, the five Ravens even had the same colors.

Not that user but when has that ever made for a good episode? It's almost always used because the writers are out of ideas so they think showing someone being needlessly tortured for an entire episode counts a entertainment. Just look at SpongeBob for fucks sake.

Fuck you, MegaMind was great.

Also Phineas and Ferb.

It's so gross. fuck the inside of the human body. To this day I'll turn away from the screen as soon as someone suggests they shrink down.

Xenoblade was alright.

>Character lies about things, then sees something crazy, but nobody believes them

glad to hear i'm not the only one

and Jimmy Neutron and Xiolin Showdown

>Let's press on and on and on!

>alien/ancient/supernatural life form is being interrogated as to why it does bad things
>"Mankind is the real monster, not me!"

>Female character is the only competent one in the group

>episode

>episode starts with the end or tells the events out of order.

>Its a DnD episode

>MC discovers time travel and/or time stopping powers
>5 minuets of proper use would solve all the MC's problems and rid the world of much needless suffering
>Instead they use it for something stupid that would have solved itself in a week

Wander Over Yonder did it, although I'm personally a fan of the trope.

>that biggest, scariest man is actually very girly, love pink, and into feminine stuff
>that cute little creature is the meanest sonabitch with a deep voice
>that quiet girl is actually violent and ANGRY because they can't come up with with plot revolving around her and without making her look "weak"