Losing Friends Over Political Disagreements

Has anybody lost long-time friends over supporting the wrong candidate this election? People I've known for 20 years have blocked me because I'm not voting for Hillary.

Have Hillary supporters on here lost friends over not supporting Trump?

This feels ... oppressive, politically. Like I'm not in a free country anymore. Like the thought police are becoming a real thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QwlgsgbT274
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I still see a few but they don't act like friends.

T. San Francisco

>Hillary supporters on here
ok mate

I almost lost my GF during this election due to her initial wants to vote for hillary (((because she's a woman))) until she found out that hillary wants to bring mudslimes in by the boat load that she'll have to pay for and will want to rape her

P>eople I've known for 20 years have blocked me because I'm not voting for Hillary.

How many of them are women? Friendships with women are shallow and doomed to fail anyway. If you're not feeding her, financing her, or fucking her, she doesn't give a damn about you.

Honestly this is one good thing of living in a non-swing state (Jew York) - whenever someone starts something about the election and I know they don't like Trump, I'll just say "it doesn't matter, ny will go democrat anyways." That way I don't have to risk losing anything

>losing "friends"

fuck'em, they weren't your friends to begin with

>youtube.com/watch?v=QwlgsgbT274

huma went from "my second daughter" (and lesbian lover) to an "aide" in less than an hour

don't bend your morals, you are part of a movement and on the right side of history

I revealed my powerlevel to one of my friends and have been trying to redpill him ever since. He doesn't hate me which is cool.

yep
sucks but come on, this is fucking treason and worse. we're living in THEY LIVE.

Unfortunately, you can't voice your opinion without losing friends. Most of my 'friends' are dumb as shit, brainwashed liberals. Literally one of them used the 'trump in the white house will have our nuclear codes!' line, while obviously completely refusing or neglecting everything that has been going on. That's how fucking stupid they are. I'm not even generalizing. Its so sad, even podesta called them 'young dumb and thinking that theyre cool' in recent leaks.

It makes me depressed honestly. All you ever here from the liberal side of arguments is what facebook articles post.

Truly fucking sad

If you lost relationships with people over something as trivial as differing ideological beliefs, then those people aren't worth keeping in your life. As long as you aren't splurging out and goosestepping in their face then you dindu nuffin wrong.

No because i can understand other opinions even if i do not agree with them

The media revels in chimp outs though and uses that imagery to suppress serious discussion

since you are posting this on the chan I can only assume you tried to redpill your friends and copying the things said on /pol without actually understanding them.

they probably where your friends, but you fucked up. could not resist giving your 'opinion'

I am mildly entertained, thx OP

Same thing in Illinois. I've been larping as a Bernout on kikebook to get people to write in Bernie in protest.

The truth is that we are the self-aware brilliant high functioning kind of autists and they have become the kind of autists that don't know they are autistic. It doesn't help that they are more exposed to it than we are because they are normies. Chemtrails. Heavy metals. Adulterated vaccines with thimerosol. I mean think about it, aren't low functioning autists extremely quick to react based off of emotions? Aren't these people extremely quick to react based off their emotions?

Illinois user here too.

I've given up my entire social life for Trump. When I go out I'm introduced to new people by my "friends" as "a nice guy, even though he's voting for Trump."

Furthermore these stupid fucks can't even give me a basis for their democrat support besides emotion. FURTHERMORE, I hear every time I see them, whenever politics are brought up and I share my views, "It doesn't matter, he's so far down in the polls."

God speed, user. STAY STRONG.

this is what happens when people buy into 'identity politics'

Sup Forums is full of it

He fell for the friends meme

abandoned all my liberal friends feels good desu

That's fucking retarded. Americans please.

>losing friends because being in the 4th reich
thats why i became a NEET, only waifu i need is 2d waifu

I also did in 2013 when shit hit the fan here

Losing battle, friends are increasingly distant despite the fact I dont talk politics often. The mere knowledge of my political leanings is enough it seems.

Oh well, I know why the call it a battle for the future now.

It's true, the only girls from highschool/college who keep in touch with me wanted me back in the day, and they are either single or their relationships suck.

I think I lost a friend aftermhe brought up a political statement and commenced to go ape shit after I said a woman is in no place in power (ye ye, woman president but luckily a president is a symbol, doesn't do shit"

His gf proceeded to mock me to the point I didn't care for some dyed hair tumblr whore that probably slept with foreign nignongs in Tartu.

I remember she said that not by supporting a woman in the elections is literally me in my thoughts calling her a bitch and then she said that by calling a woman bitch is calling every woman a bitch, like my mother.

That point I slapped her so hard, she fell on her ass flat with a huge handprint like its some mushroom tattoo. I think she sat there for like 1-2 minutes looking point blank at the ground as her cuck boyfriend wanted say some shit but was too pussy.

I left and never looked back. It's rather funny it's only been like 2 decades since the declaration and Estonians are quite cucked.

Then you were never that close, shit talk them to mutual acquaintances for being such lousy friends.

I've lost friends I've known for a decade because I asked a question that apparently triggered them. I'm a centrist, so basically everyone thinks I'm on the left/right until I have an opinion more in line with the right/left, and then bam, no friends.

That being sad, I much prefer right-wing people to left-wing. At least they don't want me to be a cuck.

Fuck you for 3kb image of oppai.

All it takes is starting a thread and waiting for the Steinshills to show up. From then on, the hardest thing I have to do is pop open another beer as the shills and bernouts dance.

As for actual friends who are on the left, I've got them all going for either Stein, Johnson, or Bernie, depending on their preferred flavor of bullshit. After we win the election and Trump starts making America undeniably great again, then comes the redpill.

I had already lost them to SJWry and since all this wikileaks etc stuff came it, it only makes me feel vindicated.

I wasn't a trump supporter at the time but i have became one

"Fucking bigots."

Seems like you have dumb friends. Even though most of my friends are liberal, and I am a bigot, we disagree but we are still friends. After a couple of years of friendship, you literally have to fuck someone over to cease being friends. Stop trying to talk politics with people you just met this year and expect them to not be making impressions of you.

Yeah but it took me a long time to realize he was a retard who couldn't think for himself. Since I started coming here and researching this election, he would repeat thing, pretty much verbatim, of this I had read in Washington Post, Reddit and The New York Times. Last time I talked to him he started yelling, "You always blame the Jews for everything!" Well, I guess he will never know that they really do.

I used to know a chicky. She would wet herself at the sight of nazi memorabilia. After we got estranged over the years she tried to bitch at me for using colorful language. I had enough with her escalating virtue signalling, and so I deleted the little bitch.
She was a bit stunned, probably thought I was a beta orbiter, wrapped around her finger instead of someone who genuinely liked some of her better characteristics and wanted to see them come out. Now she's just someone I think of as dead. A greyed face in my memories.

I have trump stickers all over my car and Wear a maga hat everywhere. My friends don't really care because we're not Americans because most of them support bernie.

I havent lost any friends over my beliefs, even when they sometimes disagree with me, they dont try to tell me I'm wrong for thinking that way, then we just move on and talk about other things.

I'm lucky most of my friends are redpilled, if I told my longest known friend about my beliefs I could see him blocking me but it wouldnt matter as I only talk to him once every few months anyway.

I don't discuss politics with anyone under any circumstances in real life. People that know me know this and avoid talking to me about it.

Luckily no, my two best friends both love Trump, and were actually nervous I would have a problem with it.

They're also both monster voters, since this is the first time they've bothered to participate in an election

lost my girlfriend because I support trump. Ex now. we were together for a year. She was a major liberal I guess. the whole "trump is a racist bigot" shit.

lol who cares what other people think. If you're confident in what you believe in you will make other question themseleves, specially liberals since they're very insecure.

I only have 1 friend and we love arguing about everything through email.

It took me more than 6 months of daily redpills (tens of links of every kinds, along with thousands of words of arguments) to convince him that the recent "syrian" migration crisis is not good for the country, and while still a liberal, he's starting to turn more conservative on many issues.

Sometimes I wonder if the thousands of hours were worth it, when I could just have pretended to agree with him and save myself the hassle.

What kind of friends did you have that you lost then over different political opinions. I've argued politics with my friends plenty of times but at the end of the day we just put it aside, our friendship isnt based on politics.

>1466459654882s.jpg
>s.jpg

>I'm an audiophile despite being hard of hearing.
Is this even real?

They are all gone except one... Maybe two.

It's sad and amazing all at once.

Haven't lost a friend but I've had heated discussions with family. I'm a black dude and right leaning views are pretty unpopular.

Been arguing with my dad about this election, racism, and race relations as a whole. I've studied history and try and argue we have more parallels with the fall of Rome yet he's adamant to say this is pre-WWII Germany. I have some interesting conversations that show the difference between Gen X and Millennial experiences. He doesn't have any experience with cultural marxist and regressives, for lack of better words, and thinks all of these protest are just in some way and thinks they'll just grow out of it. Despite saying that it's only some BLM protestors doing this he argues a majority of Trump supporters are "angry white people". Not to mention he still has a Cold War mentality thinking Russia is some super villain. As well as thinking Russia is the one trying to start a war and not the US. He also has the tendency to move goal post and making highly improbably hypothetical situations.

Shit's annoying but he's family

I wear my Maga hat everywhere too :)

Friends? Fuck, I've lost family. My brother is a Democrat and is as corrupt as Hillary. He lies, cheats and steals. Fuck him.

>and nothing of value was lost

Yep. Now Russia is becoming a major wedge.

I dumped two liberal friends -- one I have known for 45 years and one I have known for 40 years.

They aren't friends

I stopped talking to nearly all of my friends right around January when I brought up Trump and asked what their thoughts were on his presidential campaign and one of them started screaming, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

I wasn't even a Trump supporter at the time, at that point I was trying to work out in my mind whether the media was trying some weird reverse psychology in order to get him elected. Didn't take long after that alarming response from my friend for me to get on the Trump train.

My best friend of 18 years won't talk to me anymore because I'm for trump.

No. I've never had major leftist friends. I'm friends with like gays and trannys and black guys and shit but they aren't so indoctrinated to just drop me. I feel like you have to look for people so brainwashed and I don't know where you people find them. But I am nominally a lower class white guy so I probably just run in different circles.

Leftists are incapable of true friendship imo.

>i'm oppressed because i chose to make friends with bigoted retards who get triggered easily
Mostly your own fault. Make reasonable friends this time. Avoid subhumans.

Anyone who's close enough to me to be called a friend knows I'm pro-genocide of all Mexicans.

>This feels ... oppressive, politically. Like I'm not in a free country anymore.
The plan is to divide the country with polarizing political discourse, and (((they're))) winning

muh nigga

All the time. Don"t talk politics with anyone you don't want to alienate.

Did he start yelling just because you asked him what his thoughts on Trump's campaign were, or because you expressed your favourable views of him?

My best friend is a chink and its really hard to tell if he's joking or not. I know he hates hillary and supports trump, but i dont know if he actually believes in all his jokes about race which he makes constantly. Although im sure he does to at least some extent.

Honestly, what drives someone to vote for Hillary? You guys have known she's a cunt for over a decade. I hate Obama but I can still understand why people voted him in.

When the future of the world gets at stake, we get to know those who are our friends and those are not. Too many interests and values are in the table, this is such an interesting redpill user, a red pill you takes and get to see reality in a different spectrum.

My dad more or less cut off contact with his brother when his brother accused my mom and dad of being racist because they didn't like going into cities. Well, he didn't outright accuse them. He's a liberal, so he did it in a passive-aggressive sort of way, saying shit like, "yeah, and it's full of brown people, too..." The kicker? He's a state representative, owns something like 3 homes, and his main residence is in an actual gated community. My dad pointed this out to him and he got very uncomfortable.

For my friends? I've kept my Trump support on the DL, and deflect the question most of the time. They know I love Trump memes, but I think they think it's mostly ironic.