Eastern Europe Animation thread

The previous one was sunk, but we do have stuff to share and discuss, aren't we, Sup Forumsmrades?

I can't believe that we didn't even mention Cheburashka there. Let's fix it:
youtube.com/watch?v=uYvMv4o5d0A

Previous one:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8qafmyYleE
youtube.com/watch?v=fNEE4_DCOu8
youtube.com/watch?v=OX1X6UhZbe4
youtube.com/watch?v=90UNsi4OCvo
youtube.com/watch?v=TVC1r25n0Es
youtube.com/watch?v=l8u7qoM5-uo
youtube.com/watch?v=tFuZwt1IoH8
youtube.com/watch?v=ACIwIBcP6zM
youtube.com/watch?v=rnxwG-sCH-w
youtube.com/watch?v=0-jr5CHkX7g
youtube.com/watch?v=eRXgc9aI6YI
youtube.com/watch?v=3RukNQcnM4c
youtube.com/watch?v=pJOuOkEWE5w
youtube.com/watch?v=1qprut1rkFY
youtube.com/watch?v=rL27QFfJeDI
youtube.com/watch?v=9eiqer5W9ME
youtube.com/watch?v=FC-Os6sclsA
youtube.com/watch?v=HFyiZpI-ToQ&list=PLf_21QvXdOgNkYvBZbNPTg8B9-r9S7cTJ
youtube.com/watch?v=yhcYEDOeAwA
youtube.com/watch?v=hQDywP_Sxg0
youtube.com/watch?v=tYBlAon683s
youtube.com/watch?v=sdJfstgUD4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread was a smashing success, thanks for making a new one. I'm not familiar with any other eastern european animation right now, but I wish eastern europe animation luck to be a success.

Pilot Brothers were mentioned, but very briefly - and withouts the shorts that continued the cartoon, or MTV musc video (featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Contrybootin':

youtube.com/watch?v=L8qafmyYleE
youtube.com/watch?v=fNEE4_DCOu8
youtube.com/watch?v=OX1X6UhZbe4
youtube.com/watch?v=90UNsi4OCvo (comfiest one IMO, but its plot is connected to original cartoon)
youtube.com/watch?v=TVC1r25n0Es

All in one packgage: youtube.com/watch?v=l8u7qoM5-uo

Plus, there was several vidya, social advertising and 3D TV show.

Reksio is underrated.

I loved studio Pilot's political satire stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=tFuZwt1IoH8
youtube.com/watch?v=ACIwIBcP6zM
youtube.com/watch?v=rnxwG-sCH-w
Or just simple comfy stuff like this
youtube.com/watch?v=0-jr5CHkX7g
>inb4 bad CGI
It's early 00s and made in Russia.

I realize that I'm mostly posting this for Russians and Russian speakers. I wish those videos had English subs, but alas

youtube.com/watch?v=eRXgc9aI6YI

Eeeeey
I remember him
He was alright
Czech, or Polish?

TVS's Celsius and Fahrenheit were good too.
>inb4 bad CGI
They were daily, and for dailies, it was bretty gut.

Eastern European Animation is fairly niche and there is enough material to talk about it daily, we should have this threads a regular thing on Sup Forums

Polish.
Speaking of Polish cartoons about dogs, what was the name of the one with a black and white dogs? I remember some of it but I was too young to remember more details.

Damn it, i definitely saw it, but can't remember the name too.
But "black and white" made me remember one other thing:
youtube.com/watch?v=3RukNQcnM4c

Rectifying the lack of ourguy Gustavus from the previous two threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=pJOuOkEWE5w

What do you guys think of smeshariki? It was called kikoriki in the US and other english speaking nations. From what I heard, they had nearly unlimited freedom to do whatever what they wanted and they did a great job.

This is funny until you realise that you are laughing at yourself.
We had a cartoon that started like that in the SU, it was called "A story of one crime". Animated Falling down, basically.
youtube.com/watch?v=1qprut1rkFY

>I am Gustavus's self confidense

It's pretty damn good for a kids cartoon and at times tackles more mature themes without going overboard with preachiness.
Definitely one of the only good things to come out of modern mainstream Russian animation.

A lot of these are

Is there anything else currently being made that's worth checking out?

For kikoriki, they still make movies for it every few years.

Three bogatyrs got new movies almost regularily, Baba Yaga looked somewhat promising, Fiksiki are going well (but they are educational series for children). Sadko, sadly, looks like early 2000s cartoon meets Gungan city from Phantom menace.
Remember the talk about Volkov's retelling of the Wizard of OZ? The second book got an adaptation by Melnitsa (didn't watch it yet).
youtube.com/watch?v=rL27QFfJeDI
What i always liked about the book is the conspiracy theory about how, it being made at the times of stat antisemitism, supposedly has antisemitic bias - cause Urfin Jus sounds just like Orphan Jews (soviets didn't like "cosmopolites without sence of motherland") and he is a bad guy. And in the sequel he, still being a bad guy, becomes the fire god of Marrans - spanish jews turned christian. Guys who made that up (or did they?) also invented the theory that Astrid Lindgren's Karlsson is a homage to Hermann Hoering.
Speaking of which - Karlsson is one of the top soviet cartoons too.
youtube.com/watch?v=9eiqer5W9ME
(that's the only subbed version i can find)

>bonus
Tyler Durden who lives at the roof:
youtube.com/watch?v=FC-Os6sclsA

It was really, really good cartoon for children and adults alike.

HOWEVER

If you want some adult-only material, you should check out independent youtube series from mult.ru - Masyanya (started in 2001, was in hiatus, renewed then) and, that being in my opinion much better (shorter though - it has only 20-something episodes) BO's little shop. Subs included.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFyiZpI-ToQ&list=PLf_21QvXdOgNkYvBZbNPTg8B9-r9S7cTJ

A few old shorts by the guy who made Son of the White Mare and The Tragedy of Man, just to bump the thread.
Inauguration:
youtube.com/watch?v=yhcYEDOeAwA
Prometheus:
youtube.com/watch?v=hQDywP_Sxg0
Sisyphus:
youtube.com/watch?v=tYBlAon683s
The Struggle:
youtube.com/watch?v=sdJfstgUD4A

Thanks

What did Russia think of disney way back when stuff like snow white or pinocchio was released?