Was New52 a mistake?

Was New52 a mistake?

Why are you asking a question you know the answer to already?

No, it was necessary.

Yes. I dropped all the DC books I was reading.

>Larfleeze
>animal man
>Swamp Thing
>Justice League 3000
>Prez
>Multiversity
>Azz Wonder Woman
>Dial H
>All-Star Western

Rebirth
>Deathstroke
>New Super-Man

You tell me.

It was completely unnecessary and an editorial fuck up of such proportions that even the audience knew the editors had no idea what the fuck to do.

It was a PR stunt that they took too seriously and at the same didnt go far enough.

>azz wonder woman
A great attempt at executing a shitty goal is still a shitty end result.

Yep

What was the shitty goal then? And how was the attempt great?

Yes, but it's still better than anything Marvel has done in the last decade.

I can't believe people still actually buy comics.

It was necessary from a business standpoint, and they desperately needed a creative shakeup either way. But as we all know the execution was a mess and we're still reintroducing characters 6 years in.

I do think every ten years a shared universe needs a continuity cleanup and every twenty it needs a timeline shift/reboot. I liked the way it was done between the Golden and Silver Ages and what they almost did before they came up with CoIE-- shift the timeline up ("Batman was now born in the 40's instead of the 20's"), move the old continuity to its own Earth so that it's still usable if you want it, update the origins and make everything from before apocryphal in the new timeline.

The shitty goal was "clearly the only way to make Wonder Woman 'relevant' is by throwing away everything in her mythos, replacing it with even more Greek mythology and making her characterization into Red Sonja".

Just like Superdad and Superbro fusion is a mistake. They would had been fine as their own individual beings. Combining the 2 and their history is just a clusterfuck.

Nah

It gave us the first good Wonder Woman run ever but immediately took it away after the writer switch.

N52 lasted for five years and quite a few of those titles premiered a few years into it, while Rebirth is 1.5 years old and should bring some good stuff in the future. It also can't possible mangle the LoSH as badly as the n52 reboot did.

No, rebirth was.

And followed by retcons with each new writer.

Even if you compare the first year of new 52 and the first year of Rebirth the former comes out looking better.

>Larfleeze
>Multiversity
Both of these would have been pretty much the same without a N52 reboot.

Yes, and unnecessary.

Irrelevant.

>throwing away her Greek mythology and replacing it with even more Greek mythology
I swear, you will just bitch about anything.

Left off Morrison Action

>Who is George Perez

The only mistake of New52 was Black Wally, Kon-El (the clone of a clone of an alternate universe baby Jon Kent that Superman buried because he thought that he was dead when in reality he was sleeping) and Teen Titans.

Yes and it basically killed superhero comics forever.

Fucking Rucka and his "It was all a dream" bullshit.

That is All New All Different Marvel.

Earth 2 was so fucking good before this fucking twat shows up with black Superman. It had so much potential but they switched writers.

>Wondyfags are STILL mad about Azz's great run that everyone loves because NOT MUH AMAZONS

>The Perez run isn't good

Fuck out of here

Well, it ain't. Neither is Azzarello's but still.

Evil amazons. It's a stupid ass idea.

Elitist aliens that are also super scientists died out because they didn't have spaceships. It's a stupid ass idea.

Forgot
>Morrison Action Comics
>Demon Knights
>Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
>Johns Aquaman
>The Omega Men
>Grayson
>Midnighter
>Soule's Red Lanterns
>Gotham Academy

I think New 52 is going to end up with higher highs and lower lows than Rebirth, where everything is OK aside from a couple of standout titles and the Young Animal stuff

Epic contrarianism, bro

John's Aquaman mother fucker?
Court of Owls?
Martian Manhunter?
>replacing it with even more Greek mythology
But that's a good thing, most people come to WW for the same reason we go to Thor, epic mythology & god battles.
>making her characterization into Red Sonja".
Not really.
Her characterization had ups & downs.
Ball crush threats over flirting was the worst but that was only for 1 scene or so.
Strongly agree.

Omega Men and Midnighter were DCYOU, GA may have been as well but I can't remember.

Holy shit this was not the goal of the story, people's assmad over this is unbelievable. They also were not shown to be douches overall just a few of them.

The Orion thing? She was dominating him because it was the only thing he understood. She never behaved like that to anyone else in the series.

Was getting Babs out of the wheelchair a mistake?

>Court of Owls

Why do people like this story so much when it bombs the ending, we didn't even get a decent resolution to the story

People really like Snyder for some reason, even though the structural problems with Court of Owls are all over his writing.

I love Thomas Batman so much and it turne to shit after Dick

>contrarianism
opinion discarded

Demon agents and Frakenstein agent of S.H.A.D.E. were mediocre.

Still better than 90% of Rebirth.

Yup. It was a clear jumping off point for large sections of DC's fan base that utterly failed to attract a new audience to replace them.

Bullfuckingshit.
He never tried to control or dominate her, he only verbally flirted with her.

She kept demanding he respect her...
1 - Sexual attraction is not fucking disrespect.
2 - If she thinks threatening someone with the worst crime a human can commit against another is respect worthy she is fucking insane & a god damn hypocrite as she would NEVER in a billion years respect a man who used threats of violence to gain it from a female.

No the end is perectly fine & the mood & suspense & mythos are handled brilliantly.

It was basically good before Convergence

You don't get it. Evil amazons, no, not evil, even barely sexist are a problem. No matter if they're the main point of the story or not, they're a fucked up concept.
If you put them in, you're bound to have diana interacting with the other amazons and having the classical
>you're working with men in the jl? What gives
For the millionth time. It should be in the past, we shouldn't have this scene ever again.

Also, this time, they weren't plain sexist, they were fucking murderrapists. Which leaves the following options:
>diana ignores it, ergo diana is a villain
>diana deals it by bringing down the amazons, so we're left with no amazons
>diana deals it by educating the amazons, which solves the murdered/slaved guys how exactly?
Not to mention if you have malamazons , you end up with diana looking like an idiot when eventually the amazons turn back to their old ways (which they did and we all know it)

Amazons should be agents of the greek gods, which means first and foremost, zeus. They shouldn't have any inhibitions towards guys.

Remember that time Atom killed himself to create a giant hole for everyone to live in that they immediately abandoned?

Wow.

seriously, what were they thinking when they came up with the new 52 design?

Was this one of the better outfits made for the New 52?

Yeah, what this guy's said. I'm a super ultra Wondyfag, and I can't bring myself to 100% hate the azarelo run, he's a decent story teller, but there are some ideas and concepts in that run that were not very well thought out, and therefore just kinda seem fucked up. Also Wondy not being made of clay breaks the character, in an equal way if Bruce's parents didn't die or if Krypton didn't explode.

Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool

Diaper and knee fetish.

Yes, fuck New 52 right in it's face.
Especially fuck the shit they did to Supergirl and the shitty costume they gave her.

Definitely

DC editorial was terrible before the reboot.
Afterwards, they were both terrible and in charge of rebuilding the DCU.

Then they improved, but now had this big ugly mess on their hands.

we could have both
superbro which had his merit as a younger superman who could make more stand alone and pulled more action wise stories
Superdad with more experience, more focus on moral stories and chill with lois and jon...also all the great potential of remembering preflashpoint continuity (add wally here).

But they mesh them an cut off all the potential. I think the problem is that they want to strength the preflashpoint continuity, that´s why wally had not done a single thing about it too and did the kadabra bullshit story.

What don't you like about New52 Supergirl, other than the costume?

New52 started out sorta strong but tanked hard. As time went on people started to really want the old characters back and the realization sunk in that 99% of DCs old characters were perma dead. On every single title people were listing as great new52 releases they're all conveniently leaving out the parts where the creative team leaves the title and the quality goes to complete shit. Also most of the new titles introduced in the first place were bullshit.

I'm glad Rebirth happened but I'm still incredibly sad the DC universe is still much much much smaller than what it used to be. Some titles like Teen Titans have never recovered from all the crap of new52.

Aside from that making her defined by her anger to the point she was a red lantern really pissed me off.
Plus she was a bitch.

>the mood & suspense & mythos are handled brilliantly
This is what Snyderfags actually believe.

>Her planet blew up
>Was in hibernation for several decades.
>Everyone she knows and loved are dead
>Her culture and language are dead
>Found out her baby cousin is now an adult and about a decade older than her
>Dead father comes back as a killer cyborg
>Dead father turns her dead people into killer cyborg zombies
>Nobo was a member of her new rogue gallery
Honestly, she have every right to be angry. She came out fine despite all her loses unlike Batman, who went full autism.

>first time Supergirl's series is actually compelling
>stops publishing for first few months of tv series, which would've boosted the popularity
>REEEEEEEbirth ruins everything

Rebirth is shit. Boring , and messy. Even DC don't know what is real They making the shit up as they go along. Only Batman remains unchanged because he sells. Everything is effed up by Geoff Johns huge ego. Using watchmen to blame their shitty management is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

>Teen Titans.
Teen Titans shit over everything in it.
Maybe not Bunker, but the rest of it. (Actually it kinda shat on Bunker at the end of the first volume didn't it?)

Is Teen Titans on its 3rd reboot since Flashpoint, or its 4th?

Pros
>brought in a lot of new readers
>boosted sales
>gave some characters a needed boost (aquaman, animal man, swamp thing)
>did away with some really bad comics

Cons
>ruined continuity because some things were still canon while 90% were wiped out
>caused confusion with hardcore fans
>ruined some characters for no reason (mr. freeze)
>followed up with convergence and dcyou which forced the reboot

New 52 was a half boot and a mess but it worked for a while. People complain about Rebirth not being that good but that's just DC playing it safe because they really experimented and a lot of their attempts during New 52 and DCYou failed. The successes were things that could've been pulled off without the reboot.

That said New 52 got me to stop buying DC.

Your parents not getting an abortion was a mistake.

I respect what they tried to do, they fucked up most of it.

Not muh by characterfags is not a valid excuse.