There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government...

>There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

Was he wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/what-if-taxpayers-only-voted-map/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Chicago
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did he actually say this? Pretty redpilled thing to say for a cuck.

Yeah, this is not a helpful view of the world and not a viewpoint I would want from someone who is supposed to be the President.

Nope, he was right.
Yes, he said it, and it may have cost him the '12 election.

Are you so young that you don't remember something that happened less than 4 years ago?

Funny how this faggot said this and it tanked his chances.

But Trump says more awesome shit on a regular basis and he just keeps gaining more support.

This statement was attributed as one of the main reasons he lost. Dems used 47% and "binders full of women" as a rallying cry.

He wasn't wrong about 47% not paying income tax, but it was stupid for him to say that he gave up on those people.

I don't know, should be easy to find out.
What's saddening is that even if it's completely accurate it would still be enough to tank his chances of winning.

He said it and it did cost him the election. It went viral around the world and killed him. It made him look like an arrogant as fuck, rich asshole who doesn't care about anyone but the 0.1%. - The location was also very critical.

Retard didn't realize Republicans HAVE to run as populists because the lefty media will attempt to destroy you no matter what.

He's right, but it was wrong to say it as a candidate for presidency.

It was his deplorables moment.

He told the truth too hard and too fast. It probably cost him the election to insult 47% of the nation but it doesnt make what he said any less true.

Why? if 47% of the nation are reliant on handouts why would they vote for anyone other than he who keeps the milk and honey flowing? When you have a nice subservient underclass ready to continually elect the other party what can you possibly do to convince these people? Look at the neets here, why would they give up their lives to go and join the remaining 53% they see as slaves?

See pic related, the united states was lost long ago when they began all these programs and entitlements

This. A republican will never win again running on a sound platform. Rand wouldnt have stood a chance this election, sound reasoning about budgets and the like is of no use anymore. If youre a repub you are painted as satan himself and your only option to win imo is to go full trump, embrace the sleaze and laugh your way through it

Maybe that would be true if they weren't going against fucking Hillary. I think Rand would do well against her. Not nearly as controversial as Trump, and theres probably no dirt on him at all.

ok i take that back, against hillary maybe but if democrats push out more generic mulattos/hispanics/women candidates who speak well repubs will NEVER EVER get back in

>no dirt
AGUA BUDDAAAAAAA

What do you mean? It's like 10000x more true because they're going against Hillary. Media has never shilled for a candidate more.

The people don't like her regardless. If he we're against Bernie it would probably be tougher tho

>i can't convince the other 47%. it's tooo harrd...

A bloo bloo bloo. No wonder you lost.

>tfw 20
>tfw my biggest worry 4 years ago was whether or not I could buy a new pair of shoes

47% of the nation are not reliant on handouts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the amount of people who don't pay any income tax. If I'm right, I think there's a huge difference there.

>When you have a nice subservient underclass ready to continually elect the other party what can you possibly do to convince these people?

Right, this can happen. But I don't think it's true that 47% of the country falls under this category. I think this is unfairly harsh.

Painting enormous swathes of the population in this way and then going on to say your "job is not to worry about those people" is not something I would want the President to say. This is very similar to Hillary's comments about Trump and Bernie supporters: unfair generalizations of parts of the electorate.

pic unrelated

Pretty ridiculous especially considering he's a literally who with no support. His policies are also a lot more radically economically right wing

shilling too hard, check cnn's facebook page, every top comment is calling them out. This level of shill its very apparent what theyre doing, she has too much dirt to ever possibly hide from normies. An obama style shilling again would be unstoppable.

good luck convincing half the country currently living on cradle to the grave government to give it all up

Yes, he was wrong. He equates paying income tax with personal responsibility. Factory closed? Job got outsourced? Fuck you, lowlife, I don't want your vote.

That's why he didn't win the primaries, obviously. In a alternate senario in witch he did, and he was well know, I think he'd beat Hillary no problem, just like Bernie would do against Trump. Thank God the DNC fucked him over

Its a stupid ass comment because it assumes all poor people are all liberals with some kind of victim complex.

Yes. His context was during a campaign talking about a Left that was radicalized into believing Obamacare was going to fix everything. Nothing but GIBBMEDATs. The whole lot.

His angle was obvious but retarded. Didn't have an option since he sponsored similar shit himself.

I agree the numbers are probably skewed and unrepresentative. Id rather see the proportion of people who on net balance pay tax. Here in aus you can pay tax but the benefits your receive outweighing them will make you a net receiver of benefits.

>The one-third of working households receiving more in government benefits than they pay in tax

I think this is the better measure to use. 33% of people in this country here receive more than they pay in, his comment would be adjusted to 33% if he wished to spew that election tanking rhetoric here

No, he should have taken the time like a strong leader to figure out the issues and then attempt to alleviate them. Instead, like a jackhole, he turned his back on half of the country just so he could make jabs with his plutocrat buddies.

Fuck Romney and fuck anyone who wanted to vote for a plutocrat.

47% is way too high, but that's the only thing he was wrong about.

Being more or less right doesn't change the fact that it was a fucking stupid thing to say and might have been the thing that lost him the election.

>Fuck Romney
and fuck white people

Whether he was right or wrong, the fact that he said this in front of a group of wealthy donors while still trying to act like an everyman in public is what was wrong. Same thing with Hillary calling Trump supporters deplorables in front of her wall street fans.

>. It made him look like an arrogant as fuck, rich asshole who doesn't care about anyone but the 0.1%
Are you implying that's wrong?

It might be wrong, but it didn't affect the polls in any appreciable way during either case.

It's not hard. Nobody wants to be stuck making $500 a month on welfare. But considering unemployment is still there even in conservative cities and states it's your job to convince them why you're not full of shit.

Moreover, he omitted the fact that most of those who "pay no income tax" are getting fucking crushed by the payroll tax, a tax from which he and his rich faggot friends are exempt.

You'd think it would be a well-established rule for politicians: DON'T INSULT YOUR OPPONENT'S VOTERS. The opponent will always exploit it and it will always backfire on you. The fact that Hillary Clinton did it after her 30 years of experience shows you how bad her judgement is.

Rand would get utterly destroyed by the Clinton machine. He'd definitely win against Bernie "no refunds" Sanders.

>implying that voting for republicans ends welfare
not what reality says. Don't forget to thank the Hardworking Democrat Man for giving you handouts

Working class whites were already not pleased with that pampered prick Romney and this just cemented it.

Terrible candidate all around. Too bad the primary choices were all terrible.

Doesn't mean it's the Republicans getting them, it's niggers in those states dragging them down.

>Too bad the primary choices were all terrible.
How was Ron Paul terrible?

>it's niggers in those states dragging them down.
typical republican dindu nuffin, always blaming his problems on minorities

California is the most diverse state and see where they are on the list. Meanwhile West Virginia, Idaho, Montana and a couple of more are gibsmedat states

What would white trash like you do without niggers to scapegoat...

Yeah, all those Utahoian niggers.

And fucking shit Nebraska is full of niggers, too.

Indiana? God damn.

Iowa? I didn't know niggers could filter-feed on the floodplains but thanks for teaching me something new.

Wyoming ho lee shit, i knew those first settlers were niggers in disguise!

Kansas...

I actually started to write this thinking you had an annoying point, but thanks to you, I learned just how fucking stupid you white people really are! I'll ship you redneck retards you have at home on permanent disability some canned whole chickens, how about it?

Ron was too pure for politics. Terrible is not the right word, I say the choices were terrible because he felt like someone from outside the party. Kind of like Jim Webb in 2016.

Also he was 77 and sounded like a screeching chicken in the debates. Like it or not that effects his political mojo.

No. I voted Johnson that year in my first election. I wish I didn't.

He was 100% right.

Pic related.

Its hilarious. The states where the know its not working fight it by voting R.
>implying thats bad

>spreading lies

Of course you are a republican. You can only act with your fee fees and facts confuse you.

snopes.com/what-if-taxpayers-only-voted-map/

"Red-pill" hurts bro

It's because he said it behind closed doors in a private meeting. It contradicted the typical cuckservative message of "unity, and moving forward as a nation" he'd been peddling up to that point.

It made him look like an affluent, two-faced corrupt businessman, with a public opinion and a private opinion... Sound familiar?

Trump says everything openly and plainly, he comes off as genuine. That's why he survived the Access Hollywood tapes incident, which, make no mistake, that would have killed any normal politician.

Nice try. First 4 are all diverse(Alaska has a large native population). Other white states like WV got screwed over by NAFTA. And yet, even with the crippling poverty their states aren't 3rd world tier like Detroit, Ferguson, Chicago. Also note that is federal money, and there are more factors to wealth and jobs, etc.

And how as that turned out for them?

Not good according to FACTS

(((Snopes)))

>Snopes

You might as well thank yourself for correcting the record. This is the same website that bashed the people questioning Hillary's health, 2 days before her collapse on 9/11.

Lol I'm not a Republican.

I'm a former Democrat who is now independent after the Democrats have absolutely destroyed their own party this election.

Also you just cited Snopes, which is a fucking propaganda site.

MS, LA, AB, AK, SC- niggers
NM, TX, OK, AZ- illegals, natives

I'd be willing to bet there are a decent amount of whites on welfare in the states where illegal immigrants have lowered the cost of labor
inb4 dey took our jerbs or whatever, doesn't change supply and demand facts.

I used to be of the 'both parties suck' (still dont like a lot of the GOP) but I was at the DNC as a press member and seeing all those illegals speaking spanish and complaining they might get deported made up my mind to never support them in anyway.

>meanwhile in blue states

>Other white states like WV got screwed over by NAFTA.
and mexicans and blacks got screwed over with racism. Literally whites dindu nuffin

>aren't 3rd world tier like Detroit, Ferguson, Chicago.
Literally everyone would rather live in one of this cities as opposed to some bumfuck nowhere hick republican lazy town

>not an argument

If you republicans cared about FACTS you could see that the site debunks your shitty pic.

>Literally everyone would rather live in one of this cities as opposed to some bumfuck nowhere hick republican lazy town
This is total delusion. Nobody wants to live in fucking Detroit.

You tard, you don't even know who you're talking to. I'm not a republican.

I hated Romney at the time and I still said the 47% speech was fucking nothing.

In all fairness, this map is actually wrong. That's a map of white voters not taxpayers (almost the same thing anyway).

>MS, LA, AB, AK, SC- niggers
>NM, TX, OK, AZ- illegals, natives
what about Cali? It''s the most diverse state in the union. It kind of destroys your whole argument

>literally boasting to live in subsidized states, being a burden to Hardworking Democrat Mans

>>There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax.

Was he talking about Trump?

whatever, i don't know if it's chicago or detroit the nigger city.

>and mexicans and blacks got screwed over with racism
Lol. If we were a truly racist country we would never have allowed Mexicans to come here and be as uppity and self centered as they are.
Blacks succeed more if they are living among whites vs living among their fellow blacks. They also got screwed by trade deals/having to compete with low cost of illegal labor.

Cali is like 15 on the top poverty states list.

>hardworking democrat mans
lolno, republicans make more money than democrats

Easy way to spot an idiot is to see whoever takes a fact-checking site as the incontrovertible truth. I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but there are millions of people who think a site like Snopes can't possibly be inaccurate or biased.

It really is a defeatist attitude Morrell than anything, isn't it?

I don't want a president who throws 47% if the population under the bus.

>Easy way to spot an idiot is to see whoever takes a fact-checking site as the incontrovertible truth.
what the fuck man? I only used the first result in google image search. I never heard of snopes. But the facts still remain that that map is not of the taxpayers, like he said.

I know republicans don't like facts and instead prefer to ramble on about "muh livrul media conpsiracy!!!!!", but you could try to make an effort

Qatar is the richest country in the world, must be because Arabs are so genius right? There are other factors at work. Hollywood, Silicon Valley, desirable weather, etc.

By diverse, what do you mean? If it's the usual meaning of least amount of white people you are wrong, there are plenty of southern states with less whites by percentage.

>According to 2015 US Census Bureau estimates, California's population was 72.9% White, 6.5% Black or African American, 14.7% Asian, 1.7% American Indian, 0.5% Pacific Islander and 3.8% from two or more races. By ethnicity, 38.8% of the total population is Hispanic-Latino (of any race)

86% white and asian

He was right that Dems start off with a big advantage, but saying that he shouldn't worry about those people is false. I still remember him going over to Univision begging for spic votes and getting booed

>white hispanics are white
Come on man. It's not that hard to argue against that tripfag, but get it together.

>comparing oil states to developed western economies

Yep, it's a republican.

>California's population was 72.9% White
hispanic white are counted. In real "white" Cali is only like 35% white.

But whenever it best suits republican fee fees hispanics can be whites.

>there are plenty of southern states with less whites by percentage.
wrong bro. California is the most diverse state

>It's not that hard to argue against that tripfag
Doesn't seem so. You guys are getting demolished.

This guy here even thought hispanics are white lol

I'm waiting for one of you 400 pound lunaticsto start sperging out in this thread like they do in my holocaust denial threads

No, you're just arguing against a retard, but most of your ideas are shit.

> but most of your ideas are shit.

like what?

Well, he's only saying they won't vote for him, not that he won't help them. I'm sure he genuinely believes his policies will help them once he's in power.

Hispanic is a nonsense term to begin with. Put aside the memes.

>comparing oil states to developed western economies
missing the point

>wrong bro. California is the most diverse state
No.

NYC is a diverse city and wealthy, is it the large black and hispanic population responsible for this?

Thinking that Detroit, Ferguson, and Chicago are more desirable places to live than some small town.

>No, you're just arguing against a retard
What? Hispanics can be Indian, Mestizo, or White.

Oh you're the poster that gets autistic over the use of the word "hispanic." That explains a lot.

he also legitimately said "if you want free stuff vote for the other guy"

he was a real idiot. instead of stressing the good part of getting off welfare i.e. stable job and disposable income he shot himself in the foot

>NYC is a diverse city and wealthy, is it the large black and hispanic population responsible for this?
Of course yes, you retard. Not completely but they certainly had their hand on it.

I give you the nigger infested one, Detroit iirc. But Chicago at least is certainly much more attractive then some small town meth ridden hick central

>Chicago
>not nigger infested
seriously m8?

>m-maybe if I call him autistic!

>>Chicago
>>not nigger infested
well, if we take into account average american city demographics, no, it's not nigger infested. It's even quite a white city

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Chicago

>had their hand on it.
Meaning? Replace them all with asians, jews, whites and the city would function fine. Can you honestly say you could replace whites,asians, jews with blacks and hispanics and it would be just as wealthy and safe?

If so, find me a desirable city majority black/mestizo

>Replace them all with asians, jews, whites and the city would function fine.
baseless speculation. The thing is that California is the most diverse state in the union and it's the economic powerhouse of the union.

And they vote religiously democrat. So that is why RWR want California to leave the union...

>find me a desirable city majority black/mestizo
every american city