ASHI!! YOU'RE NAKED!!!!

>ASHI!! YOU'RE NAKED!!!!
Where did it all go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/dPUjS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When Ashi didn't die when she first fell.

Bingo.

more like when she didn't die the moment aku was killed in the past.

When [as] only gave It a ten episode season instead of a proper 13 episode one.

The very second Genndy decided it was time to bring in the waifu part of his mutant slaying adventure dreams.

It wasn't that bad.

I honestly you people give this season too much shit. It was flawed as hell, nobody can take that away from you. But it wasn't the steaming pile of garbage you enjoy to call it so much.

It was pretty bad.

s-s-s-s-samurai

When she opened the portal and they went through it.

>Ashi! You have ah-a sword of your own I see.

What could've been.

Consider the context. We've been waiting for a conclusion to SJ for years, barely believing we'd ever actually get it; it was like the Half Life 3 of cartoons. Then we not only got it, but we seemed to be getting something that would actually live up to our highest expectations. The first episodes were spectacular.

And then it just devolves into a boring love story with some character we don't really give a shit about. Aku barely does anything interesting, and we get a crappy 'bittersweet' ending which is bittersweet for the wrong reasons (concentrating on Ashi dying, rather than all the characters and places we loved being erased). It wasn't really that bad as far as modern cartoons go, but it was such a disappointment after such a promising start.

And it's not like it was doomed to fail due to overly high expectations; look how much Sup Forums loves the new Twin Peaks. It was actually very similar; a cult classic from years ago finally being concluded by its original writers, focusing on the main character rediscovering his old cheerful self, with a mix of new characters and old ones. People had the same high expectations, but it largely managed to live up to them. So Samurai Jack wasn't doomed from the start, it just failed to be as good as it could have been.

People only like Ashi because she's a hot girl.

when you thought a writer who made a story with a clear end goal but didnt plan an ending would actually create something other than a shitty ending.
Genndy is only good for standalone episodes. Thats why seasons 1-4 and his star wars shows where great. He didnt have a big story, just adventures in this cool setting.

The only way anyone could like her is if they self-inserted as Jack. Ashi wasn't really hot. Her design was weird, and she had an anteater ape face. Ironically a lot of the people who defended Ashi said that the people who hated her self-inserted as Jack and were mad because he wasn't alone and miserable anymore like they were, which struck me as nonsensical. As in it literally did not make sense to me.

She's only hot because people find her T H I C C.

I liked her because she was really sympathetic and had great character interactions.
Her redemption arc mid season was really good as well, but her ending was absolute dogshit in every conceivable way

Does anyone have a link to the archive of this?

It's because the entire thing was changed late into pre-production; far enough where the beginning was already planned complexly and they had to build the end around what they added in the middle. Aku wasn't even supposed to be in the show because Mako died and Genndy wasn't planning on having anyone else play him. That's why there was a cult around him, because he just left one day. A lot of planned lore was changed around very late, which is why the ending is a bit anti-climatic.

They didn't take time from Aku for Ashi, they took time away from Ashi for Aku.

That being said, if Season 5 happened right after season 4, we would have gotten a more cohesive narrative ending, but it would have been less hype for it and it wouldn't have gone all out either.

>Aku wasn't even supposed to be in the show because Mako died and Genndy wasn't planning on having anyone else play him. That's why there was a cult around him, because he just left one day.
That would have been even worse. WTF was Genndy thinking?

Honestly, I doubt 3 more episodes would have done any better.

He wasted assloads of time everywhere, not the least of which was the final episode.

imgur.com/a/dPUjS

meant for

There's more to characters than their appearance. I thought she was great, the crazy amounts of salt here only deepened that opinion.

This was too much fun

When Jack lost the beard, the season lost its charm.

By doing an unsatisfying reset ending instead of a satisfying one. Killing Aku in the past should've automatically flung Jack and Ashi back into a perfect future where all of Jack's allies were alive and happy. The time-stream would alter in a way that Ashi would have a real biological father and her mother would be a nice person. Then Ashi and Jack get married and go on more adventures out in the wild.

Seriously, Genndy, if you're gonna be derivative at least rip off something western like Scooby Doo, not Gurren fucking Lagann.

This wouldn't work in real life because her vagina would still be very noticeable.

On the one hand the new VA genuinely couldn't hack it, but yea he's just too integral to the story.