So how should Captain Boomerang be portrayed as a Flash threat these days? No fault to his character by any means...

So how should Captain Boomerang be portrayed as a Flash threat these days? No fault to his character by any means, and I hate treading into power level shit, hes a likable villain and works as an asshole/thief like the other Rogues. But it feels like hes regulated to Suicide Squad stuff given his gimmick. Should he be a metahuman, or just an experienced marksman? How do you make Digger work for modern Flash comics? Also Rogues thread I guess

Just do what the CWverse has done and make him a Green Arrow villain with no connection to the Flash.

We give him a...bigger boomerang

Whatever happened to him having black energy boomerangs?

Fuck you

Isn't he still a metahuman who can create his own energy-rangs?

Just keep that

that was only after blackest night, he lost that when he threw the boomerang at dove like he was supposed to.

I think it's possible to portray this guy as something besides comic relief. Apparently Batarangs are cool, I don't see why this guy can't be.

On the subject of power level shit, Flash is fucking ridiculous, there's no reason why 90% of his rogues could stand any chance at all against him. But that's fine, there's always going to be suspension of disbelief to some extent when it comes to Flash stories, but with CB it's really hard to ignore. At the end of the day, he is just a guy with boomerangs.

Is that still canon? I'm not certain anymore. I know his son had mild speedforce powers and could throw boomerangs at high speeds. How did he even get those powers anyway? What I like about The Rogues is that they're just high tech crooks. But given Harkness' gimmick he may need something like that
But most of The Rogues are packing serious shit designed to fuck with speedster powers

He's more just a Suicide Squad mainstay now than a real Flash villain.

>How did he even get those powers anyway?

He was half Thawne.

Oh don't be so salty. Villains get reassigned to more appropriate heroes all the time.

Kingpin got reassigned from Spider-Man to Kingpin. Shit happens. Boomerang works better as an Arrow villain than a Flash villain in every way.

>Kingpin got reassigned from Spider-Man to Kingpin

wat

Am I the only one that hears the Sniper's voice (tf2) whenever they read Boomer's dialogue?

He probably meant Daredevil.

But while I think the CW shows are all fucking gay, I do think thematically that Captain Boomerang seems more like a Green Arrow villain than a Flash villain. Not just in terms of "power levels" but as an esoteric hunting weapons master he comes across more like an evil counterpart to GA than some dude who can run at light speed.

Bring back the Silver Age shenanigans

Also Mirror Master, Top and Trickster are the only good rogues.

Yes.

>Not liking Captain Cold and Heat Wave
All The Rogues are great in my book

Just don't make him be an utter joke and make him team up with the Rogues once in a while.

Flash should never have recived all the power creep he did. As long as he is 1.5 times supermans speed it's good enough

Have him officially tap into the Boomerang Force.

Not every villain has to be a super dangerous threat.

>Arrow has already killed off Deadshot, Boomerang, Bronze Tiger and Amanda Waller

>Kingpin got reassigned from Spider-Man to Kingpin.

Yeah, we all know he's big and bad enough to be his own worst enemy

>he was half thawne
I would ask how but I know better by now.

I'd make him more vicious and more clever. I't seems like Boomerangs are an innately sneaky weapon. Make him unnaturally good at manipulating them. Like making a boomerang spiral down from the top of a building to hit his target perfectly... maybe that's stupid. But something like that. Something that to some degree it didn't matter how fast Flash could run because you just couldn't really predict where it would end up. And more vicious in the sense that to me Boomer seems to lighten up a bit or go easy when he's not on the squad. He should be one of Flashes worst enemies in a will do anything to win kind of way. Just the biggest fucking dirtbag. But then maybe you run the risk of making him unlikable so I guess temper it some.

Like Just back stabbing, underhanded, and ruthless

Did the Monk ever breed that? It would have been a shame if Monk didn't breed that.

Then why should super heroes give a single shit about them? Just call the fucking police of those losers.

>Dan Slott writes: The Bigger Boomerang