So what was the point of this, again?

So what was the point of this, again?

How do you fake being guilty for over 200 murders?

By having friends that killed 200 people

That backlash and negative reaction forced a retcon to this.

Seriously the Bat-Cat Two parter that followed this was supposed to be a single issue.

They added the second after the backlash.

It was supposed to have Stephanie Hans art and we where supposed to get the Mitch Gerard's Swamp thing issue.

But this pissed people off so much they had to rearrange everything, and Hans couldn't work that fast so Gerard's redid both issues and the Swamp thing one shot was pushed back.

>But this pissed people off so much they had to rearrange everything
As it should have.

To make her a threat.

>butthurt fans actually affected the story

Are Batfags the biggest cancer in the cape comics industry?

Just a reason to have Batman chase after Selina and get them close again.

Characterfags are a mistake. They are the same autists crying about Mister Miracle when the comic is great because "WAAAAH BARDA SHOULDN'T BE INSECURE"

Just let the story be told for fucks sake, proper characterization comes second.

M8, there's acting out of character then there is acting like a different character.

Why would I want to read a story about badly written characters?

If you want to ignore characterization then capeshit is the wrong fucking genre to be in.

>Batfags the biggest cancer in the cape comics industry

and the 'normie' Batfags are actually even worse, since they believe that Bruce lives happily with an entire brood of robins, including three females (somehow, Jim Gordon isn't a good father to Babs so she is living at stately Wayne Manor full time), ALL of whom love each other and love surrogate co-parent Alfred, who bakes them the best cookies every night before and after they have these innocent patrols where nothing bad ever happens.

Ballina HAYMARKET

I feel like it's the exact opposite. Characters change a lot from writer to writer.

This.
You can bend things but don't fucking break them.

Nothing bad ever happening and Barbara living in the mansion aside I would prefer that.
It was kind of like that at the start of the nu52 wasn't it?

Yes, but this is usually a negative thing. Good writers refine, shit ones just sort of tack gimmicks on.

Those are the worst.

Lets be honest. The idea that the bat-villian the state would finally execute after all this time is fucking CATWOMAN of all people is fucking absurd.

Even if you take the 200 people they say she killed as fact for the case, the Joker has easily killed three times that number, and how many passes has he got?

There's a difference between poorly written and written different from the norm. We gt this tease involving Catwman and butthurt Batfags couldn't even wait for the story to come to fruition to start frothing at the mouths about NOT MUH SELINA

King said in an interview that he agreed with the fans saying "not muh" and that it was his plan all along.

All for one of the worst copouts I've ever read.

>proper characterization comes second
What a fucking retard. None of those comes second, they both have to be there for a comic to be good. If you're writing an established character, it's your job to keep him recognizable or somehow make people accept whatever change you want to introduce.

HOW did she kill 200 people exactly? I keep seeing people bitch about it but when did this take place?

Well Batman already fucked Selina, so if she goes it's fine, he hasn't got that sweet pasty boipucci yet.

Ford v. Wainwright prohibits executing the insane in all 50 states. If the Joker can consistently get himself declared incompetent, he's untouchable.

She didn't. Someone she trained did. It was a gigantic retcon by King since the person Salina trained only really wore the Catwoman suit one time and then quit outright.

It is like a gigantic fuck you to continuity, but whatever. It is all swept under the rug now.

>Just let the story be told for fucks sake, proper characterization comes second.

Well, at least they got Alfred right.

Look that
great art

Selina looks really beautiful

This really sales

Learn Marvel!

Mister Miracle is mediocre and trying to be smart and suffers from decompression.

Orion is the only one that got character assassination, I can see Barda being insecure about lots of things but I have to admit her being insecure about her height is pretty dumb.

Also unless Scott is tripping balls in Omega sanction to make up for some of the shitty characterizations, yeah King just butchered some of the characters just to serve Scott's narrative and that itself is shit.

It was Holly wasn't it?

He absolutely does not meet the legal definition of that, no matter what retarded comic book pseudoscience you're using.

you faggots will really complain about anything

Imagine trying to cite legal precedent for a fucking comic book argument

Gotham is covered in dead bodies. Just walk around finding them and planting evidence against yourself for a few weeks.

In all honesty, I think the anger really originated from the fear that we were going to get a Felicia Hardy type character assassination, mainly from the fact that Selina was the base character used in the creation of Felicia and the fear that DC might have wanted to copy the "success" of Felicia's retcon.

>mainly from the fact that Selina was the base character used in the creation of Felicia

You got that backwards, bro. Felicia was the inspiration for modern Catwoman.

Selina Kyle-1940
Felicia Hardy-1979

Stupid nigger I'm not even gonna bother beyond quoting.

>
These two are a very interesting pair. I was actually very surprised at what I learned from this. Black Cat and Catwoman, it would seem, have everything in common. Being that Catwoman's first appearance predates Black Cat by almost forty years, and they are virtually the same character by today's standards, by proxy you would think that Black Cat is a complete rip off of Catwoman. This is actually a HUGE misconception. Let me explain. Back in 1979, Marv Wolfman was looking for a new villain for Spider-Man. He decided to base his creation off of an old Tex Avery cartoon called "Bad Luck Blackie". Bad Luck Blackie was a black cat that brought misfortune to anyone that was close in proximity. Black Cat is a cat burglar in the Marvel universe. She wears very low cut, tight leather costumes, a mask, and has claws at the tips of her fingers on her gloves. She is very nimble and agile, which helps her in her cat burglaries. She also has a love interest in Spider-Man.

>At first glance, this sounds almost exactly like Selina Kyle's Catwoman. However, at that time in Batman comics, Catwoman was only known as "The Cat" and she was nothing more than a pickpocket in a green dress with no mask. It was not until 1987 in Frank Miller's Batman: Year One, almost a decade AFTER Black Cat's appearance in comics, that Catwoman became the tight leather and mask wearing, clawed cat burglar that we know her as today. So if either of these characters are guilty of copying the other, one would have to say its Catwoman that is the copy-CAT. (See what I did there, again? I'm on a roll!) Mostly because at the time that Black Cat was created, she had almost no resemblance to the Catwoman in comics at that time. Presently both characters are identical. They are both high profile cat burglars that operate in tight leather, are extremely agile, and they are both love interests in their respective do-gooders lives.

Pretty sure he meant the modern interpretation of Catwoman. She may have been created first, but she was a bit more of a standard supervillain up until the Crisis in the late 80s, and wasn't cemented as a street level cat burglar until the 90s, well after Black Cat started to become popular.

>But this pissed people off so much they had to rearrange everything, and Hans couldn't work that fast so Gerard's redid both issues and the Swamp thing one shot was pushed back.
Yeah, so it worked out great in the end.

i think they made a pact. nobody gets to have a Cat waifu again, no matter what yo bitch and the clique you claim.

I just want best girl to be happy.

Ford v wainwright was a mistake

>It was not until 1987 in Frank Miller's Batman: Year One, almost a decade AFTER Black Cat's appearance in comics, that Catwoman became the tight leather and mask wearing, clawed cat burglar that we know her as today.

Bullshit. The 60's Adam West show had "Catwoman" with skintight black suits, claws, and a mask

The point was that she wasn't a cat burgler.

She was a lady that did cat-themed crimes.

Defense of insanity comes when you either have no control over yourself or you cannot tell the difference between right and wrong.

Joker is psycho but he doesn't fall under either definition. Sociopaths and serial killers are mentally ill but they still get convictions because they know what they're doing is wrong but they don't care.

The joker's total bodycount is like 550, and I think in the nu52 it's only aout 125.

To shock you and then pretend that it was just a misdirection all along.

How the fuck did this bullshit start? Catwoman was already a solo Catburglar in the 70s. She had the black Catsuit in the 60s, she was an antagonistic love interest since her very first appearance, she started reforming in the 70s...why the hell are you quoting some article that thinks Catwoman wore an animal mask and was called "The Cat" until 1987? She stopped that shit way early in the 40s.

This is why nobody likes Spider-Fags. You're all ignorant and full of shit and should feel bad for acting like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

What I understand is why everyone parades the same stupid copy pasta bullshit despite the fact that they always get proven wrong. I get that Black Cat might be your waifu but stop trying to imply she's anything more than a fapbait catwoman rip off.

>fapbait catwoman rip off
So just a Catwoman rip off

>Ignore rest of thread
>Delicious Selina in a straightjacket

>Felicia Hardy type character assassination
what happened to her? They gaver her an edgy personnality or something?

>Felicia gets fucked up by Otto in Spidey's body
>Completely flips her shit and goes full vengeful criminal/villain