Do people actually think Ms. Marvel has dipped in quality since it's beginning...

Do people actually think Ms. Marvel has dipped in quality since it's beginning? The only real quality dips have been when they don't have Alphona or Miyazawa on art. The writing is consistent. The latest arc finally set up some recurring villains and fleshed out some of the more tertiary side characters. The book somehow avoids major event cancer and sticks to its story. I would say one thing I didn't really like was the recent Discord reveal. Not who it was but the "we'll always be enemies" after the fact. Even then Kamala had a good point on why not to push the matter further at that point.

What don't you like about Ms. Marvel?
What DO you like about it?

I don't quite like the part where Kamala and Carol agreed to arrest people and put them in makeshift prisons for Thought Crimes. How do you come back from that and say "Hey I'm still a cute and quirky superheroine you guys"?

At first, i didn't like it. But when i like it. EVERYBODY HATE IT!

Like fuck! Is there a new fanbase that doesn't get hate on?

I like Ms. Marvel's character. She's a fun interesting character.

The point of that was to show that it was wrong. Kamala was starstruck and went along for a bit but she was against the idea the whole time and quickly rebelled.

It feels like its' been treading water for a while. As high-profile as Kamala gets in other books (Avengers, Secret Empire, Inhumans) her book feels isolated. I liked when they sent Bruno off to Wakanda and I liked the science fair issue with Miles. I don't want the book pulled into crossovers all the time, but if she's so close with Miles and Sam and idolizes Carol so much, I'd like to see them show up in her book more often.

tie-in arcs really fuck over the book

>Do people actually think Ms. Marvel has dipped in quality since it's beginning?
I think it brought in quality a tiny bit after Civil War 2 but it's still good.

I think it got a little hamfisted towards the election and definitely dipped during CW2 but otherwise it's largely the same

It had one tie in

Pre-Secret Wars is definitely the stronger half of the run.

I was expecting 'FUCK DRUMPH!!!' from the election issue, but it was just a generic call to go out and vote, so that was a nice change of pace

The next arc sounds interesting .

I don't really like Ms Marvel's patriotic personally, but she is okay!

I honestly prefer me so good ol' Red Star!

I want to say a lot of her comics were bought by people who don't buy a lot of comics, so when Secret Wars stopped it for a bit and when the events kicked in the comic no longer felt that isolated and there was all this extra reading that people must've felt was required and they lost interest.

People don't want to admit it but events really do halt a book and Marvel's constant events do hurt ongoings and creates a vicious cycle where the events and relaunches keep comics afloat while creating bigger drops.

I personally was never that interested in her.

Ms. Marvel really needs a rouges gallery .

it was never good
mediocre at best, but people waifu'd her hard

she only works in her small kebab thing with all the superhero fan wich is somehow cute, put her in big teams and events is just like put Squirrel Girl, silly, she surely will punch Hitler before 2018, and that is what they will do with Gwenpool again next year

By not reading superhero events comics like a sensible consumer. You reading Dark Knights MEtal too?

She has her own villains, but they haven't done shit with any of them. Whatever happened to the inventor or that asshole she had a crush on?

Inventor may be coming back in December, going from what I've heard. Hopefully, it's the birdman version and and not the generic human who created him.

It was never good. Her readerbase amounts to people wanting to fap over Kamala, and self hating cucks who fetishize Islam.

The Three Amigos did it first

Kamran used to work under/with Lockdown. I don't think he should recur too often. I like him antagonizing Bruno, so if Bruno isn't around he shouldn't be either IMO.

Mediocre is leaps above the rest of Marvel's fare.

Yeah, Secret Empire really pushed me away from Marvel for a while. I just came back and caught up with Ms. Marvel after missing 3 issues.

>Kamran used to work under/with Lockdown.
Kamran and Lockdown never even met.

I think he meant another villain.

so far her most prominent is Becky and she desperately needs a new suit. She just needs one solid implementation because I think she works good as the authoritarian/security above freedom character to Kamala's more hippy everyone should be happy and community is important and loving everyones difference blah blah blah
you can bring back inventor bird, that internet troll thing if you can make it less retarded, don't know if bringing back the Inhuman supremacist is a great idea because it would mean putting Kamala closer to the Inhumans
and Champions might be a shit book but she should clash with the Freelancers in her book, never hard to put in villains doing it for the money

I thought white cis scum were Ms. Marvel's villains.

That's only in other series by other writers.
In her own it's more mixed up and less ham-handed.

Kamran was a brown person he was one of her villains.

>Mediocre is leaps above the rest of Marvel's fare.
literately not true
Ms. Marvel's first arc was probably the least inspired writing of any of the recent teen heroes but had the "cutest art"

I like how nobody notice her villains until they bring in a white guy.

Name another Marvel comic out right now better than Ms. Marvel.

>This is what Ms. Marvel is running around in

QUICK

CLAIM YOUR WAIFU

I HAVE CRUSH ON CRUSH!!! A CRUSH!!! ON CRUSH!!!!!!!

Did she even ever have "white cis scum" villains?

One was a bird, one was another Paki, one was an Inhuman chick.

I guess there was that virus. Maybe the guy behind the Hydra gentrification plot? I don't remember that arc much.

Well, the Inventor's sidekicks, Faustus and his sidekick, and Discord.

Faustus and Chuck are HYDRA, so they're not Kamala's enemies so much as they are everybody's enemies. Discord... well, turns out he's more of a morally-grey than anything.

That just leaves Bird-Edison's sidekick/creator Knox as the sole villain Kamala's got left at this point, barring Kamran and Kaboom deciding to be their own baddies instead of sucking up to Lineage.

Becky needs a few anchor points for her suit, like a belt, gauntlets, and something for her head so she doesn't have that bubble helmet look.

Panic. All day, every day, twice a day if there is enough time between them.

There's also Dr. Minerva and that kid in Kamala's school who was selling old supervillain gear for money, but sadly did NOT use them in the way the cover for the comic he appeared in hinted at.

A Marvel property dipping in quality? No way, that has never happened before.

Everyone who says they like Ms. Marvel who isn't an 8 year old girl is a liar.

everything but America

I think it did a little with the event stuff followed by the internet troll stuff. But in general I like it. In her own series she has a classic Spider-man vibe where she has her victories, but also constant fuck ups. Usually those mistake feel organic and actually hurt instead of being melodramatic. Wilson is the only one that can write her though, and all of her other appearances are terrible.