Friday is the first day of fall Sup Forums, are you ready for a rewatch?

Friday is the first day of fall Sup Forums, are you ready for a rewatch?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9MhnVYZT!upxCHxJOHnn7KTo9AfcbCg
thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not fall weather yet. There has to be frost and highs if 50ish for that. Probably during October.

Where I live we don't get that kind of weather until mid November.

i'm so ready for comfy

It's a Halloween viewing for me.

great idea!

Damn right I am, been meaning to watch it since July but I've been waiting for fall.

We should do an episode every Friday or something, just as an excuse for the most OtGW threads possible

Had a cold morning over the weekend. Made coffee and rewatched early. Shit man this show is great.

Might wait until October at least. But yeah, that sounds nice.

OTGW is overrated shit.

You're overrated shit, user. Wait, I mean underrated. Fuck.

Was planning on waiting till October 1st, but if the threads start earlier, of course I'll show up for them.

This. OtGW is for October.

Yeah, here it's been in the 70s/high 60s in the mornings and that's good enough for me.

I've actually been waiting all year for this. That and Halloween streams.

When and where can I watch this?

Available on i-tunes if you want to support the series but mega here mega.nz/#F!9MhnVYZT!upxCHxJOHnn7KTo9AfcbCg

You can watch it any time but mid to late fall time is best

You can buy it on DVD too. Hopefully, they'll actually show it on Halloween this year and we can have a watch thread

You can buy it on Blu-ray by importing, why waste money on horrendous DVD quality?

Saving it for late October.

They already aired it like a week ago.

And before anyone fucking says it, don't expect them to advertise it a ton, regardless of it's quality it's still going to be an old re-run, and likely treated as such.

Yep. Can't wait to watch it around Halloween, or my birthday.

Only thing that sucks is that I now live in the basement with no windows so I can't look outside and enjoy the autumn scenery.

And yet Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer required constant shilling for almost a decade straight

I don't remember them ever really advertising that it was airing, they just aired it a bunch.

While we're talking about it, what are some other good fall shows or movies?

I'll be alone during this october so I'd like something cozy.

Song of the Sea isn't anywhere near a Halloween movie in the traditional sense, but it does take place in the fall and on Halloween and that kind of ties back into what the holiday was originally about.

Fuck yeah I’m ready

For anyone who’s interested, here’s a list of all the classic horror movies being shown on Turner Classic Movies during October

thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/

It's not explicitly Halloween, but Coraline is a tradition for me, as well as the peanuts short Nightmare before Christmas.

Born ready. GF hasn't seen it but is into animated shows, so we're gonna watch it on Halloween w/ a couple pals.

Fuck this shit, just watch Gravity Falls instead.

What's so funny? GF is an incredible series, while OTGW is pretentiously artistic.

Now, now, let's not digress and go on a skubfight.

Honestly anything remotely regarding spirits is great Fall viewing, pretty much anything Latkia is top comfy for fall

>*Hopefully, they'll actually show all 10 chapters on Halloween this year and not edit out two of them like they tend to do
FTFY

What are you talking about?

There aren't nowhere near enough fallen leaves where I live. The ambiance isn't right.
I think I'll play it safe and give it a rewatch either during or after Halloween.

I recently moved to New Hampshire. On parts of my daily commute the leaves started to turn, and when there's a good gust of air there will be yellow leaves blowing through the air like snow flakes. I'm surrounded by beuatiful woods and crumbling stone walls.

I've already rewatched twice.

With 10 episodes, OtGW takes up a two-and-a-half-hour time slot if aired all at once. But there have been multiple times when CN cut out two of the episodes so a rerun of the miniseries would only take up 2 hours of their precious TTG! airtime; the most recent rerun mentioned by was aired this exact same way.

But WHICH episodes? Are they always the same ones?

Paranorman and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Both of the Cartoon Saloon films are enormously comfy autumn/winter viewing.

I wish I left my house and lived near some woods. I miss that feeling.

Huge disappointment for me. It needed more episodes, everything felt so disconnected and they didn't explore the world enough.

i think people go into it expecting something it's not, it's really just a collection of fairytale stories with a loose overarching character arc

It had aspects I really liked, but it was ankle deep when it had room for much more.

As it is, I just have a few visuals and scenes to remember it by, wish it could've been more.

Watch Gravity Falls if you want more. It's like OTGW but actually developed (doesn't hurt that it's over 8x the length).

>doesn't hurt that it's over 8x the length
It really hurts tho.

I just want to pop in to say you're the fucking man, thanks for this

No it doesn't, it helps massively. You get to appreciate the well-developed characters over almost an entire season before getting thrown into the real plot in season 2.

>well-developed characters

Yes, well-developed.
I know Sup Forums likes to rag on the females in GF but they're written realistically, i.e. developing less and facing fewer consequences for their actions than the males, though you certainly can't say none at all. It's just how it is in real life.

> realistic = well developed

This. Over the Garden Wall is a strict Halloween-viewing for me.

I remember the episodes were posted on Sup Forums before the premiere in November, and I watched it during Halloween day all alone. It was one of the comfiest cartoon experiences of my life.

Within the constraints of realism, yes. (Come to think of it I should probably have said "developing less BECAUSE they face fewer consequences".)

I can't remember exactly, but I think the edited version always has "Lullaby and Frogland" and either "Schooltown Follies" or "Mad Love" cut out.

So the edited version always cuts out the ONE middle episode that's actually critical for the plot!?

> this show is good because it is as shitty as the shitty vision I have from reality

You might as well just give it a german based term to denominate this kind of stuff.

No, I can accept it's not going to fit some insane vision like that which you seem to have, where male and female characters are interchangeable. Go back to your SJW training.

>Go back to your SJW training
Watching GF?

It's definitely a poor choice of an episode to edit out, but I remember being caught off guard by that when I last saw CN's abridged version of the miniseries... almost a year ago.

Sup Forums only?

I do Hocus Pocus, and HalloweenTown,

Sgon be comfy boi

I feel bad for all the fags that can't experience watching otgw with fall weather and trees

So comfy

>tfw all you need to run the air conditioner during all your autumn and winter holidays

Shit sucks, dude.

More like NOT watching it.

Heat costs more

NOT, more like watching it

Electricity costs more than gas where I'm at and constant 80 degree weather ruins my autumn aesthetic. I'm super jelly of all you people that get actual seasons to enhance your holiday specials.

The one thing I hate about this series is how shit the characters look when compared to the backgrounds.
They don't mesh well at all.

I got snow today

This, I can't stand that noodle-limb garbage.