Best friend ODs and dies in his arms

>best friend ODs and dies in his arms
>Eggman commits mass genocide on his species and kills most of his friends and family leaving him and girlfriend the last of his kind
>Gets captured by Eggman and goes through same torturous experience his species went through
>gets saved but suffers massive brain damage that causes him to have the mind of a six year old
Has any other Sonic character suffered more than Charmy?

Fuck charmy

It doesn't matter anyways, it all been retconned.

Knuckles got to deal with that without the bliss of ignorance.

>there was probably a Sega mandate to make Charmy more like his game incarnation which is 6 years old
>the writer decides that the best solution is giving a character brain damage so that his intelligence matches that of a 6 year old's

It's both hilarious and infuriating at the same time.

>>gets saved but suffers massive brain damage that causes him to have the mind of a six year old
Wait, the fuck? I'm at issue 68, is this actually real?

Why was the Sonic Comic so retarded?

For what its worth. Ian really wishes he hadn't done that.

Yep, Charmy didn't have a real character in Knuckles Chaotix so the comic did whatever they wanted with him, but then Heroes came around and gave him character (albeit an annoying one), they pulled this in order to be more in line with the games.

>longest running comic with no gaps
Dunno, but it worked

Holy shit, that's actually hilarious. Bad writting or not, I love the kind of shenanigans this comic pulls.

>but then Heroes came around and gave him character (albeit an annoying one)

The brain damage bit feels REALLY unnecssary since he hasn't done nearly enough since Heroes to give the impression he has no higher mental capability than a 6 year old.

Wait, IAN did that?

Penders I could understand, sure, but IAN FUCKING FLYNN?

Sometimes you make a bad call it happens.

maybe it was a rage thing? Like "YOu want me to make the character retarded? Fine, HERE'S YOUR BRAIN DAMAGED RETARD- oh fuck what did I write?"

I think its brilliant, its one of those moments so people go "shit, what is this comic even?" And check it out.

Honestly it kind of worked.
>his fiancee becomes his nanny

don't forget
>fiancee gets killed as a casualty of a dick committing a completely unrelated genocide
>reality gets rewritten so she never existed and he doesn't remember
>doesn't even get memory fucked to remember her a second time afterward unlike most of the other protagonists

>best friend ODs and dies in his arms
e- excuse me?

Yeah it happened, . They even called it Lemon Sundrop Dandelion sauce. It was LSD sauce.

Woah shit. This made me flash back pretty hard. I remember reading an issue where he was on an operating table and some of the panels were drawn from his perspective. You could see the doctors working on him and they had his blood on their gloves and shit.
I was like 12 and all I could think was "why is this in a Sonic comic?"

What the FUCK

Can someone post these fucked up pages?

Rip Mello Bee. We hardly knew ye

Here's the surgery

>This dialogue as well
Jesus Christ, that makes it worse!

And here's the part where the effects of Egg Grapes on Charmy were revealed. Poor guy.

What concerns me is how dangerously understaffed they seem to be. They got maybe one person supervising, one person doing the surgery, and a nurse. WHERE THE HELL IS THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST?!

Jesus christ.

Oh yeah, shit gets funny at times, remember the slap?
True, but he's a character with childlike mannerisms. In terms of age, he and Cream are the same (6 years old). The reason why Cream doesn't act spastic is thanks to her mother teaching her to be a proper lady.

Well

Ya did it Flynn.

Congrats.

A bunch of ants burying Enerjak always cracks me up. He even remarks on how bullshit that is.

I found Egg Surgery legit unnverving