Is there an interest in a Sup Forums's favourite Disney song competition?

Is there an interest in a Sup Forums's favourite Disney song competition?

A few months ago I helped arrange the "Sup Forums's favourite cartoon" tournament with a few other anons (pic related).

Last time was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again. Just surveying interest, what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo
youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=C7sYaCxpscM
youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw
youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA
youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04
youtube.com/watch?v=XV9vKnBxdlk
youtube.com/watch?v=c4COfl8DMB8
youtube.com/watch?v=8UQg4zb9dsA
youtube.com/watch?v=zc3MnoSS5Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=pLw2EfOmE7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_oh9LrvB5PE
youtube.com/watch?v=tTuwo_TqlhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0DMTlwLw4
youtube.com/watch?v=6nqWNZl3Ou4
youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I
youtube.com/watch?v=UJCOndVS-9A
youtube.com/watch?v=0HZBOiF0lMc
youtube.com/watch?v=6wuOhxyYAP8
youtube.com/watch?v=xHYvpXe75b8
youtube.com/watch?v=CLnADKgurvc
youtube.com/watch?v=jidzytvfSyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pPzvq3ZXpN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes,i would totally be into it.
The reception for this chart last time was terrible tho. Everyone fighting over the shows. But with songs, it wont be that bad if the results arent what Sup Forums wanted

The format seems really unfair. Are there plans to change it?
(Disney song competition seems retarded BTW.)

I dig it. Would it include Pixar films, too?

>Disney song competition seems retarded BTW
not OP but why? Sounds fun, and theres pletny to choose.
These are my favorites OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo
youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw
youtube.com/watch?v=aEryAoLfnAA
youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

In retrospect, the timing was horrible since the last season of Samurai Jack was airing. Especially since the first few episodes were fantastic and we did it around then.

>Disney song competition seems retarded BTW
What would you like to see instead? I thought it would be good fun and less angry shitposting like that time.

The usual format of tournaments is meant to intentionally pit the most popular against the least popular in the first round. But I agree that we didn't properly group them in groups A, B, C and D. We'd have to fix it up this time.

pixar only has the toy story main theme and the songs for Coco, which isnt out yet

For one thing, because nobody here gives a shit about them? Fuck it, I barely see Disney films discussed here in general.

>What would you like to see instead?
THEME SONG COMPETITION
H
E
M
E
S

what are you talking about, theres a thread about disney villains right now.
Of course people care about disney here

>one thread for ALL the movies
Meanwhile there are like 10 Teen Titans threads at any given moment.

As in, themes for tv shows? I mean that could work too but it could get wild quickly.
Then again, more people here like theme songs for tv shows than disney songs

>10 Teen Titans threads
not really. Thats star vs and the people who hate SU.
In any case, disney is too big for Sup Forums to "not" talk about it. Just because we dont talk about it 24/7 it doesnt mean nobody cares. Specially now that they arent realising anything.

Hell yeah I'd be up for it. Are you going to include every Disney song, or just the highlights?

I'm interested OP

It wouldn't get any wilder than the original - it would basically be the same actually, since it's the same titles really. Just with different focus.

Sure

>star vs
>SU
I can't think of the last time I saw more than one thread for either.

Do it OP.
I mean its obvious hellfire is gonna win,but who cares. I want to see the top 10

These are the guidelines I would go by, just to make sure they're reasonable.

>Maximum 2 songs from each Disney movie
flexible, but 2 sounds reasonable imo
>Disney movies only
rip toy story
>One round per day
we had 7 rounds last time I believe, but we had a shit ton of cartoons. we'll see this time around
>threads made regularly around 5pm

Or we can do a theme song competition. Respond to this post with what you prefer, disney songs or theme songs.

goddamit you put me against a wall here. I want both to be completely honest. They both sound awesome.
I would say Disney songs first, then theme songs. But only if thats what the majority want. At the end of the day, if more people want theme songs, it should be theme songs.

>5pm
What time zone you nigger?

EST, fagboy

Posting underrated songs before they get forgotten
youtube.com/watch?v=XV9vKnBxdlk
youtube.com/watch?v=c4COfl8DMB8
youtube.com/watch?v=8UQg4zb9dsA
youtube.com/watch?v=zc3MnoSS5Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=pLw2EfOmE7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_oh9LrvB5PE
youtube.com/watch?v=tTuwo_TqlhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0DMTlwLw4
youtube.com/watch?v=6nqWNZl3Ou4

This test was done when Jack hype was still strong and if it had been after the ending I'm almost sure Spongebob would've won.

>grim adventures lost to capeshit
>EEnE lost to (not)animu
sigh

I think with theme songs/disney songs Sup Forums will be less picky. Your test was done in the SJ hype train.Right now theres nothing that will influence this decision.
Like,if you make it about theme songs, im sure even SU haters would consider the theme song

SpongeBob didn't even get 3rd place you moron. ATLA would've won 100% for sure.

>Star Vs beating Harvey Birdman and Teen Titans beating Brave and the Bold?

this is complete full of shit

>Teen Titans beating Brave and the Bold
>full of shit
Why? Teen Titans should've won IMO...

If we do theme songs, this is the list for consideration (please mention if I missed anything). Should sequels count as well? Lion King 2 has some good songs for example.

>Snow White
>Pinocchio
>Dumbo
>Bambi
>Cinderella
>Alice in Wonderland
>Peter Pan
>Lady and the Tramp
>Sleeping Beauty
>One Hundred and One Dalmatians
>The Sword in the Stone
>The Jungle Book
>The Aristocrats
>Robin Hood
>The Rescuers
>The Fox and the Hound
>The Black Cauldron
>The Great Mouse Detective
>Oliver & Company
>The Little Mermaid
>DuckTales the Movie
>Beauty and the Beast
>Aladdin
>The Lion King
>A Goofy Movie
>Pocahontas
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame
>Hercules
>Mulan
>Tarzan
>The Emperor’s New Groove
>Atlantis: The Lost Empire
>Return to Never Land
>Lilo and Stitch
>Treasure Planet
>Brother Bear
>Home on the Range
>The Princess and the Frog
>Tangled
>Frozen
>Zootopia
fearful of the furfags desu
>Moana

Brave in the Bold is a much better show and has aged much better.

I remember this being floated before. If this gets underway later tonight I'll probably have some picks. Movie songs only, or TV stuff OK too?

>if we do theme songs
i think you mean disney songs

>Bojack Horseman and Wander Over Yonder couldn't even win one round
Bummer

oh yeah woops, disney songs.

also i forgot Brave but will anyone notice?

How the fuck is a campy superhero parody better than a show that regularly hits you with the feels?

>xavier lost immediately to duck tales
just imagine if this was done today, xavier would win

Because it's a love letter to old school DC.

Plus it feature an adaptation of Batmanga which feature Lord Death Man.

>teen titans regularly hit you with feels
lmao what

I just can't count how many episodes did that.
(And it was often because of Starfire, which really makes the popular mischaracterization of her as a silly airhead quite laughable.)

Disney songs first to see how it goes, then theme songs.

Can we do comics books instead? I think it's far since we had cartoons first.

>hits you in the feels

Go back.

hell no.Thats a lot of stuff in there. Youre gonna get marvelfags,dcfags,indiefags,etc coming here and ruining everything.
It would be fair, but it also would be terrible.
Also,theres the issue of volumes, issues, storylines,etc. Theres no one continious spiderman comic book, or one continious batman comic

I love Strangers Like Me. As a westernized semi autist growing up in a third world shithole, it really resonated with me.

...CONSIDER THE COCONUT

I guess that makes sense. Comics are a bit too messy structurally to make a tournament for.

>fearful of the furfags

HEY. I like the song.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I

imagine how fucking impossible doing this would be

Are there any disney sequels worth mentioning with good songs? Please reply with them if you got them. Most of them are pretty terrible. I can only think of Lion King 2.

and there WILL be assholes pushing shit like America, Hellcat and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl for the lulz. You just know it.

youtube.com/watch?v=UJCOndVS-9A

Ertha Kitt can make any song good

sure why not, I did these contests on Sup Forums once or twice and they were fun

I think we are going for the disney chart. Get it ready OP

Monsters inc has a song. Brave has a song. Other then that I'm not sure.

I would 100% be down to do this though

Go for it, I got nothing going on in my life anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=0HZBOiF0lMc

Im creating the preliminary poll right now in google forms. We'll have to reduce it to 32 disney movies off the bat, since multiple songs will come from each movie.

I'll make another post tomorrow around 5pm-6pm EST and post the link, look out for it.

So not the theme songs? Fuck, guess I'm gonna have to find something else to shitpost about for a few months. (Which is harder than it sounds.)

I personally think that there should be an official contest for a lot of things on Sup Forums, theme songs will come in due time if this goes off well.

Thank user I'll be sure to get on early tomorrow for it

>harvey birdman lost to a cartoon for children/adult pedos

>not venture bros at all

shit opinions

Can we include main tunes or leitmotifs?

I'd really like to see the Up theme in the running

Has to has lyrics and be Disney, sorry bud

Venture Bros was up there but it lost to Dexter's Lab unfortunately

I dont know how to feel about that.

I wonder how things would work if this list was updated

Should we include the compilation movies? Obviously stuff like Fantasia doesn't work because it's all classical scores but the others should be fair game.

This is a very early draft of the preliminary form to decide the competing movies. The samples are NOT the final songs that will end up in the competition, these are just to determine the movies.

If you have any feedback let me know. yes it will have the 4 clover background as is tradition

If you're going to do this again, can you please add a loser's circuit? Last time a bunch of really good shows were all in the same bracket, and the shows in the Samurai Jack bracket never even had a chance.

>Korra lost
>in the first round
>to the fucking Magic School Bus
This will never not be hilarious.

should say to decide the final 32 disney movies** fixed it.

There are possibly 64+ songs that will end up in the competition, it's very difficult and takes forever with a losers bracket.

If you guys really want it though I will

Both of these seriously bother me, and I can't help but think that the winner was influenced by the fact that the poll was taken at the height of Jack hype for season 5. A lot of choices make me wonder how many people have even watched the shows that voted; during the threads a lot of people who voted for Star admitted to have never seen Harvey Birdman for example, as did a number of people who chose Gravity Falls over Moral Orel.

Well, you will always have stuff like that in polls.
Its not like Venture Bros,Harvey bridman were big cartoons known and quoted by everyone

It's gonna be so difficult to decide the Aladdin songs.

>Friend Like Me
>Prince Ali
>A Whole New World
Pick 2

I wonder who would win a Sup Forums's favorite super her contest.

Yeah, that contest really did prove that Sup Forums has shit taste.

>King of the hill loses to spongebob
>No ed edd n eddy in the final round
I am really confused.

>DuckTales the Movie
The only song in that movie was the show's theme song which was played during the credits. I don't think it would be fair if that got in but not any other tv theme song.

>The Black Cauldron
>Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Did that movie even have any songs?

>No Winnie the Pooh
Did you leave that out in error or is the fact that they were originally featurettes and not a movie excludes it from this poll?

Eh, Harvey Birdman used to be huge on Sup Forums and I think it speaks a lot about changing demographics that it seems to be much less well-known here now. Venture Bros. is still fairly big on Sup Forums but I can see a lot of relatively newer people having not watched it. Still bothers me that people voted in brackets if they hadn't seen both, I just skipped over those when they came up for me.

Holy shit this board has bad taste

Wait, is it just me or was Mystery Inc. not even on the fucking list?

>The first two.
I'm less of a fan of the sweeping romantic songs and more of the upbeat ones.

I pretty much copy and pasted that list, but I'm refining it now. Thanks for making it easier for me user.

Could you do me a favour and suggest some Winnie the Pooh songs for the sample as well? I've never actually seen the movie.

If you guys seriously think EE&E comes anywhere near ATLA you need your heads examined. The worldbuilding alone gives Avatar the win.

Avatarfags are incredibly insistent that Avatar is some kind of flawless masterpiece. I liked it, I liked it a lot, but I'm honestly surprised it beat some of its competition.

>Sup Forums doesn't really have shit taste, they said

Are you 14? Isn't it past your bedtime kiddo?

>which really makes the popular mischaracterization of her as a silly airhead quite laughable.

*tips fedora*

>A Heffulump or Woozle
>Is very
>Confuzle
>A Heffulump or Woozle is very sly
>Sly
>SLY

And that is the only one I know of. I don't even remember watching the movie, but I remember that song.

Sorry, I don't accept tips.

Well, people being butthurt and screeching does increase thread visibility. And the best way to maximize that is to not include a losers circuit so that a bunch of decent/good songs get BTFO by Hellfire and Be Prepared within the first couple rounds.

yeah, thats why I didn't bother including it, since we have to eliminate ~8-10 movies first. if anyone thinks it has a chance i'll include it

Can live-action Disney films get in on this? If so, I choose Farewell:
youtube.com/watch?v=6wuOhxyYAP8

There's five theatrical Pooh movies but I would recommend only using the first and newest ones.

From The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
youtube.com/watch?v=xHYvpXe75b8
youtube.com/watch?v=CLnADKgurvc

>From Winnie the Pooh (2011)
youtube.com/watch?v=jidzytvfSyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pPzvq3ZXpN8

>five theatrical Pooh movies
The hell!?

I think that it does. The two are both the best of their respective genres and I personally consider Avatar getting to the end and beating even B:TAS to be absolute horseshit. It was amazing and incredible. But I refuse to say that it was that much better than B:TAS or EEnE.

>That theme song.
Shit, how did I forget a classic like that?

Besides the original and 2011 one, there were three others made during the early 2000s. And that's not counting the shit ton of direct to video ones they've made for years.