Realistically, is there any way they could have hidden the Once Ler's face for the majority of a 90 minute movie?

Realistically, is there any way they could have hidden the Once Ler's face for the majority of a 90 minute movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course. But that would require extra time and effort to make it work.

Probably. It isn't like his generic human faces added much to the story.
But it got women wet so, it is probably not the biggest flaw of the movie.

>But it got women wet
Oh god, don't remind ne.

>But it got women wet
The fuck? His design doesn't look like anything special.

>He doesn't know about the Onceler fandom

Not guys?

I fuck him.

*would

Man, this movie sucked.

He has the personality of a wet rotting sock.

What I would have done, as a way of showing the Onceler has full gone done the deep end, is have him sit in his iconic chair, turn his back to the audience, with his green hand holding his cigar being the only visible thing. It would have been a nice nod to the book.

Also some creativity and talent. Pretty sure the directors of most of these second rung Dreamworks movies just try and get script to screen, while emulating Pixar as closely as possible

>this entire thread
I had no idea this thing existed before today. Was it some straight-to-Blu-ray deal or something?

No. How the fuck did you miss it? There wer commercials and tie ins everywhere.

>I had no idea this thing existed before today. Was it some straight-to-Blu-ray deal or something?

I remember when the Lorax shilled for some fucking SUV ad.

Wonder if that'd piss off Dr. Suess more than Pro-lifers finding their message in Horton Hears a Who.

well his personality was essentially ed helms

also you fuckers better be thankful i left my onceler fanart folder stored in another hard drive

Back when it was still irrelevant to hate this movie I thought the Onceler would've worked better if he was essentially Anonymous. A faceless, nondescript humanoid with the same personality as the Onceler (or something closer to the original 70's version) to show that The Onceler can be anyone, therefor the movie would've had the same message.

They also should've used Biggering instead of How Bad Can I Be?

youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw

>used to write oncler fanfiction
>used to go on deviant art everyday for more pics
>was heavily involved in the fandom
>net a bunch of friends there and we all agree never to speak of the autism we left behind
>fucking threads like this drag me back
LET THIS PAIN END

Okay, quick rundown for those who didn't catch it.

>Illumination (guys behind Despicable Me) make a movie about The Lorax
>Get made fun of for some poor choices in marketing (tie in with a car company for this environmentalist story)
>add some weird shit to the beginning and end where the kid who met the Onceler in the book has a whole thing with a villain and saving the town with a new tree or something
>Most of the movie focuses on the Onceler plot, like the original-except young Onceler is a handsome skinny nerd with a guitar and a sympathetic backstory, perfect tumblr bait
>Tumblr begins to obsess over this one character perfectly made to be their husbando, doing all their usual stuff...except there's one problem.
>There's no other handsome dude the same age to ship him with
>So Tumblr decides to ship him with HIMSELF. It starts with pre-evil Onceler getting with post-evil Onceler, but expands to dozens of separate AUs with their own versions of Onceler, all getting shipped with each other
>devours Tumblr
>comes crumbling down when it's brought up with the Onceler's voice actor, who proceeded to mock the shit out of the whole deal

All in all prime internet autism.

say what you will about the fandom, but everyone became friends with everyone in the onceler tumblr community. i was part of the more popular (ongoing) circles and the connections influenced a lot of people's lives. its pretty fascinating how that all worked out

nothing will ever come close to replicating the onceler fandom ever again

...da...fuq..? When was this? I feel like I've slipped into an alternate universe.

>nothing will ever come close to replicating the onceler fandom ever again

It sounds exactly like the turbo-autism surrounding Bill Cipher/Gravity Falls and Marco/Star vs (to a lesser extent).

I acknowledge Biggering makes better thematic sense for a movie based on the Lorax, but I like How Bad Can I Be better as a song.

yes. Chuck Jones animated an entire fucking cartoon and never showed the onceler's fucking face.

Holy shit. You have absolutely no fucking idea how mad this fucking movie makes me. It's garbage in every fucking way. Maybe Danny Devito could have been a great Lorax but not with that shit writing. I wanted there to be a theatrically released lorax movie so much i used to lie about people saying it was coming and when it did i was actually excited but once they revealed they show the oncler's face I knew it was shit.