Voltron: Legendary Defender

New Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=LtGxLvrMGbo

Interview: ew.com/tv/2017/09/19/voltron-season-4-trailer/

Tell me how this is not the face of a man destined to be cucked.

Already? October?? I was expect nearly a year of waiting.

3 and 4 were actually just 3 split in half do to netflix being tight with their money. That's why it was so short.

This.
The only thing that is disappointing to me is that we'll be getting 6 episodes instead.

From the trailer it looks like we're going back to the "Voltron coalition" that got introduced in the first episode and dropped afterwards.

Would be nice if we got token lines of dialogue in the intervening episodes for the show to remind audiences that they weren't going to drop it but it's good that we're getting concrete confirmation of it.

It's people's own fault for not realizing that they're dropping hints for storylines and that they'll eventually get to them.

I'm tired of people assuming ideas get introduced and will be forgotten forever.

Is Axca going to be okay. It looks like someone edited her pupils to be hilariously big in photoshop.

In this case it's kinda ridiculous but to be fair the show does have a bad habit of completely ignoring plot elements without any indication of which ones are going to be important in the future.
e.g. I think it was scaultrite was brought up in the first season as a one-off mention before the Weblum, the weird glowy purple creature at the bottom of the mermaid planet might be connected to the quintessence monsters

Several things about Shiro being off were introduced in season 1 and indicating that his character arc was going to go in a certain direction only to be completely dropped as of Season 2, and indicating his character arc was going to go in a totally perpendicular direction. Then as of Season 3 they're bringing those hints back, indicating that his arc is actually going to go the original way after all.

The Balmera seemed like a one-off event but then we return in the second season after all, in what was largely a pointless filler episode without foreshadowing.

Allura's shapeshifting powers may come back but we don't know because they've been dropped with zero mention since then to indicate that they're more than a single episode thing, even though you'd think this is the kind of power that might get minor play here and there.

Some of it is the fault of viewer attention spans but the show could afford to be more cohesive with its sense of continuity. Pidge's quest for her family is probably the best handled in this regard.

I think we'll find out more about the shapeshifting if this guy really is an Altean/Polluxian.

I imagine it's just an animation error/difference. Not the first time characters have been given big eyes to the point of looking strange.

How badly will Keith fuck up this season?

What I hope: Not at all. Turns out he was right all along.
What I know will happen: He's fucking up ad nauseum because episode 2 and 3 apparently didn't drive that fact hard enough.

Interviews around season 3 said Pidge was going to do rash things that would split the team. And now they're saying Keith will be doing that as well. So are they going to ever interact in a meaningful way?
Because I figure they're two of the characters who would get the most out of bonding with each other.

>Voltron going to the space mall again
Finally, a revisitation that won't be boring. And possibly Hunk and Vrepit Sal interactions that I'll overanalyze and use to justify Hunk/Sal.

The only other revisitation we've had so far is the Balmera isn't it? Anyway Rolo's coming back and while his episode wasn't the worst it was pretty pointless so I don't know how I feel about it besides getting to hear Death Stranding-kun again.

>Norman Reedus voiced Rolo
>Weird Al voiced one of the merpeople
Is this why they get money constraints on animation sometimes?

Official variant covers for Lion Forge comic.

Not only ugly, but they even messed up with Shiro's arm

I know the quality is shit, but all I see is Kallura.

I'd like to think that his leader fuck ups in season 3 were the turning point. I'm hoping his reason for splitting is actually good otherwise he's going to make it very hard to like him.

>Characters look like they're ripped from Voltron force
What the fuck, dreamworks

That fucking Pidge face

Only Hunk does. Voltron Force designs were ugly and generic as fuck but at least they were anatomically plausible.

I've been seeing some people theorize one reason we hardly see Keith is because he's in his Galra form and with the BoM.

He may have done it in the show before, but Lance's dreamwork's face is really too glaring here.

Post lewd Pidge

Kallura on first page, Pance on other.

Don't we get a whole bunch of shots of him in the Black Lion in the trailer. I'm thinking he decides to chase off Lotor on his own while the rest of the team realizes that's a fucking stupid idea and focuses on helping the coalition in the meantime, until Keith realizes they're more important than beating Lotor and comes back.

That's a fucking stupid theory that isn't going to happen and how dare you bring back my hopes only so they can be crushed.

Shiro supports Pance. Hunk roots for Kallura. It was meant to be.

So uh about those weekend only threads

I really thought they would've arranged it as the Plot Trio (Shiro-Allura-Keith) on one page and the Normie/Garrison Trio (Hunk-Pidge-Lance) on the other.

Yeesh, I tend to like heavy stylization but... not like this....

It's news, user.

It's a new trailer, it's enough justification for this thread. I still would've liked it to be on the weekend too though.

I'm super excited to see these guys again! Pidge doesn't seem too happy about it, though.

That was for dry spells. We have actual shit to talk about right now.

Pidge remembers what dicks they were.

I can't watch the trailer, can anyone summarize any new information learned from it?

There seems to be no reason for this character's placement, unless artist was too afraid to put Keith on the same page as Lance or Shiro, knowing its going to be another fule for shippers.

Fuck you, Heillura is a patrician OT3.

Eh, it still seems to be arranged that way if you look at it as a single image with a back (Hunk, Pidge, Lance) and front (Allura, Keith, Shiro) row.

Pidge is gonna tase some bitches.

I'm about to go to bed but I wanted to throw this at y'all first. The characters might be finding out about Project Kuron sooner than we thought.

I would like them to stop killing off the good galra characters

Kuron gets to eat shit this season.

It just looks like a generic Galra soldier to me, much like the people on the ship in Season 1 Episode 11.

You definitely could be right, I should grab better screenshots in the morning to be certain.

in the meantime though SPACE MALL SPACE MALL SPACE MALL

I'm sure it'll just be a short little visit, but that episode was so good that I just have very positive feelings about the space mall

>he decides to chase off Lotor on his own while the rest of the team realizes that's a fucking stupid idea
This sounds really similar to what happened on Thayserix but that's the idea I got based off this new trailer too.
>Keith needing to learn the same lesson AGAIN

I find it funny that they're gathering all the great alliance guys together in what's going to mark the midpoint of the series. Seems a bit premature to go Gurren Lagann/Samurai Jack and bring back all the warriors like that unless they're planning for some super serious shaking up shit to go down in the finale.

>Keith needing to learn the same lesson AGAIN
I would fucking hate that so much.

Maybe this time the whole team will openly go "you know what, fuck Keith, he's the worst, nobody even likes him, he doesn't deserve any second chances."Only for Keith to realize he does care about other people besides Shiro after all and being a lone wolf kinda sucks. So he openly accepts criticism and decides to reform once and for all. Maybe they can squeeze in a meta moment about how half the fandom hates him in the process.

>half a fandom hates him

I think that's over exaggerating it a bit, it's not like he's fucking Mabel. While I don't see a lot of love for him in some places, the only place I really see Keith hate is /vld/. I think most are just kind of indifferent to him.

I personally love Keith.

I follow discussion of the show on some other sites where there's little shipping talk at all and most of the opinions about him are pretty negative, ranging from "he's alright but clearly the weakest link among the crew" to "he is actively holding the show back with how terrible he is".

>Mabel
No, we're not in /gfg/, I will not go on a tirade about her bitchy attitude again

>make a thread about Keith
Who is this faggot

>make a thread about Mabel
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Which sites I'm curious

I won't deny he is disliked by a good many fans but until he reaches levels I wouldn't consider it half the fandom hating him.

Mabel was good and not selfish until time travelers pig, thus began the downward spiral.

Various subreddits, spinoff 'chans and TV Tropes
Yeah half was maybe a bit hyperbolic but he's the most controversial main character. Even Lance and Hunk don't piss people off nearly as much.

What the fuck
They could throw 100$ at some random voltron fanartist and chances are it'd be better than this

>going to reddit and tv tropes
Why do you hate yourself user?

The only people Lance and Hunk seem to actively piss off are people in /vld/. Even then it's not so much even Lance but tumblr's extreme lancefagging. None of these characters are worth getting worked up over in my opinion. Even the ones with negative traits are incredibly mild to how hateworthy and obnoxious characters from other shows that won't be mentioned are.

Mostly out of curiosity really. It's interesting to venture outside my bubble to see what others think about it. Also it's where my favorite Youtubers hang out.

Most Voltron fanartist would do it for free.
My only guess, some Dreamwoks suits wanted to make a present for their underage niece/nephew and make their sloppy DA fanart into official art.

You're losing me more and more every second but as long as you're happy that's what matters. Wishing you the best.

Now say something nice about your favorite voltron character.

Funny thing is it's apparently from an actual pro artist who's done work for Marvel and DC.
The thing about most fanartists is as talented as they are they're not accredited professionals, even if their work is more aesthetically pleasing than many pros.

Are they good youtubers or the youtubers that fall under the "I'm 16 and this is funny" category? I know there are good ones that 16 year olds enjoy just as much as anyone else, such as dunkey, but I hate youtubers that seem specifically tailored to meme shit.

Pidge is cute and hilarious and I love how her voice actor gives zero fucks. And Shiro is almost too good for this show, should be put somewhere they can actually explore the various themes about him with proper depth.
What do you think of Two Best Friends Play? I know several anons in these threads also watch them.

Any chance of him appearing?

Will he kick Lance's ass?

As likely as that one brainwashed girl with the stupid accent who jumped off a cliff to "return to her home planet".

About as likely as nanny coming back to dish out spankings to the whole main cast.

Only as purple alien or dark-skinned elf.

Two best friends play are good, they never try and make themselves have funny moments, they just happen naturally. I know that sounds weird, but having moved past game grumps I can't stand moments where you know a commentator is being deliberately over the top and trying to force something to be funny, anyways back to TBFP.
A shame they had to work with Machinima, did they ever fully go independent?

Maybe as a curiously attractive snekman.

They still do but it's turned into a side thing. Apparently it's because the contracts are very favorable and they're basically half of what's keeping that channel alive right now.

Probably not, the reason any of us remember him is because of his design and being the first big villain after Allura became a pilot. They'd just replace him with another disposable Galra anyway.

Do Lance and Keith have a chin battle in this comic?

>in the meantime though SPACE MALL SPACE MALL SPACE MALL

I got my fingers crossed that we'll see the Unilu chick again. She's probably my favorite Voltronfu besides Pidge.

I was hoping the announcement of the change in artists would mean they're actually trying to improve the quality of the interiors but I remember someone posting previews where they blatantly copypasted the characters from official art and I think it was for the newer ones too.

So what are the chances of Nyma/Lance being the slow burn?

Can it be considered a slow-burn if they only met for one episode and never saw each other again since then?

I really like that ship. I brought it up as a possible slow burn but anons kept shutting me down with "Nope! We will never see her again!".

Shidge is pure!

I always thought that was really stupid. Lauren keeps mentioning how much she likes Rolo, Nyma, and Beezer so they definitely weren't going to be one-time only characters.

I still think it's gonna be Pance.

Doubtful. They're fun but not meant to be permanent, same as the cabbage guy from Avatar.

Anyone else think Shiro/Kuron sounds different in the trailer than how his voice usually sounds? Seems a lot older and hoarier.

>the balmerans appear again
well fuck this shit

Reminder than Hunk's arc in S5 will be about cooking something for the Balmerans and he farts the entire time.

Does Lotor know his parents are space druggies / zombies bent on infecting the rest of the universe?
>Yet?

Any more of her my good user?

>How is Shiro handling being on the sidelines?
>DOS SANTOS: I think more so than his reaction, it’s almost about the people around him — how do they react to it? How do they deal with this situation?
>MONTGOMERY: For sure.

So is this leadership conflict still going to be about most of the others deferring to Shiro when Keith suggests something dumb?

gotta love the mice

>3 and 4 were actually just 3 split in half do to netflix being tight with their money.
What did tight with money have to do with it? It's not like they split season 3 in half and aired the other half a year later?

>yfw when half of this trailer is from s3
I know that s4 is just a second part but damn.

Why the fuck all of them have sharp chins?

Chin fetish?

Probably.
Even Zethrid has this chin now