Batman #31 Storytime

>A year from now...Will you remember me?

The War of Jokes and Riddles is almost at it's end. Part Five!

Other urls found in this thread:

www16.zippyshare.com/v/ZYse75C7/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>posting reaction images mid storytime

holy shit, this is Land-tier art

lewd

lewd

This is stupid and I love it.

I prefer Selina with short hair.
Also thanks for the storytime Norrin.

The whole thing was worth it just for this.

He actually did it. He teamed up with the Joker

In two weeks, the conclusion, and the answer we've been waiting all summer for...

Support your local comic shop.

Hell yeah.

Well color me shocked.

King why.

Heh. That's actually not a bad joke.

King isn't a very good writer

I still dont get how he convinced Grundy and Freeze to wage war with him

Neither are you.

Green Lanterns: Injustice:

She is going to say yes, right?

Let's put the most iconic hero in the world standing next to a woman who mass slaughtered children!

that's a good one

What if this is a fakeout and we get her answer but never ehat he actually did?

Yes, finally someone told kite to shut the freaking up.

filth

Batman actually rapes the joker

Isn't this nigga working against the Riddler

lewd

batman kills the joker. in his last moments joker sets off a bomb of his first batch of joker venom. it turns riddler into the new joker. the riddler in all comics set after this was not the original edward.

what threw batman in for a loop regarding the 'three jokers' thing, is that he knew about two jokers, the original and the one who used to be riddler, and he's seen enough shit to know that its possible someone revived the original, but he has no idea where the third one came from and more importantly, when he came onto the scene

fag

Can't wait for new artist.

Batman 031 (2017) (webrip) (2 covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/ZYse75C7/file.html

...I doubt it's gonna happen,but kudos for creative speculation.

>batman kills the joker
And Selina wouldn't be okay with this? She doesn't have the same moral code as Bruce.

But then who is current Riddler?

that whole "cat"/"bat" shit is so fucking annoying and forced

Good joke.

Norrin is still the best thing coming out of DC Rebirth!

Sending his fiance to the Joker is kinda stupid.

he hadn't propositioned her back then. remember, this is a story that present day batman is telling to Catwoman about events which happened during his second year of being Batman. we just got taken out of that story a moment for Batman to apologize for putting her in harms way back then

Yeah didn't Riddler fucking kill his kid?

Ok I have got to use that one.

I like King. I love the idea of Joker and Riddler at war.

This is easily one of the worst and non-sensical stories I've read in recent memory. Even the feels I got with Kite Man reminiscing on his son last issue can't save this story.

Fuck yeah. Finally a good issue.

Ok. I like this but how can we ever see Nigma as a nerd ever again?

Kek maybe King lurks here after all.
Oh come the fuck on Batman took down Deathstroke and Deadshot with one punch each, how the fuck am I supposed to be afraid at all?

I know it's not the main problem but I can't help wishing that this arc wasn't constrained by DC's current timeline. Using the classic interpretations of the characters and not forcing this into being year 2 of Batman's tenure would have been so much nicer. We could have had Robin and other family members involved and things would have made more sense.

It doesn't make sense for Deathstroke but Batman had been watching them go at it for an entire week, letting them tire each other out.

When will these losers learn that it's impossible to beat Batman?

its not that batman is about to get the shit beat out of him
its that batman is about to do something he deeply regrets

wouldn't surprise me if King's initial proposal for this was something out-of-canon like Batman Europa

>I raped them both Selina!!

I don't want Riddler to be a nerd, I don't see the appeal of it.

Best Catwoman suit coming through.

>its that batman is about to do something he deeply regrets
Like what? Not kill them since they're both alive. Not get his ass beat because like you said he's not afraid of them. There's been zero fucking foreshadowing of what Bruce is going to do besides it being DARK and full of DARKNESS.

Seriously Bats should just knock their asses out, the end. He fucking took out both of their armies, there's no threat left.

The hero we need.

Anyone else want Kite Man to join the Tec team?

That could have been better, but I doubt it.
Something this "big" in scale really should have been the size of something like No Man's Land or even War Games. This is supposed to be the entire rogues gallery involved in an all out gang war that completely took over Gotham. That's massive and deserves to be explored through more than 6 issues from the perspective of two people that weren't involved in much of it.

I want Kiteman to hook up with The Carpenter

As much as I'd like it, why would he kill the Joker then?

Oh right.

>want Kite Man to be written by Tynion
I find the Kite Man meme too annoying, but I still don't hate him enough to want this for him.

Obviously that dark thing was promise Joker a sacrificial child to be named in the future (of that time) if he would just lighten up for a while.

The next week Joker was doing the Boner Crimes bit.

So instead of the usual complaints of decompressed storytelling, the problem is that this one is TOO compressed?

Readers can be so unappeasable.

Fuck off with your passive aggressive shit King. Maybe both complaints are valid when they're directed at different stories. War of Jokes and Riddles is only too compressed because it's supposedly about an enormous event involving so many characters and yet we see none of it and it's totally glossed over.

The problem as I see it is that King writes a huge event in a decompressed style. The war should be huge, but kinda isn't.

Kite man to replace Tim in Tec when?

Kite Man. He was ended there, after all.

Bat-man could have ended the Joker there, but instead he save his life by making him laugh.
(cue a silver age-like period in-continuity, with boners and all, ending suddenly with Jason's death)

Kite Man is still alive and well in the present day arcs

that's a new, unrelated Kite Man

Earth 3 Kite Man would approve

Phone.

>The war should be huge, but kinda isn't.
A gang war isn't literally on the scale of a real war.

King honestly is a good writer for single issue contained stories. He's kinda awful at doing long arcs. The need to put him on single issue things.

Where's the Penguin? We saw all of the Joker's men get taken out except him. He must be planning something.

that meme is stupid but it made me kek

He's really not going to stop this "Bat/Cat" bullshit is he? Jesus, it's so grating.

It was so easy...and Batman let how many people die so that Kite Man could bust him out?

this art is a fucking travesty

Batman attacked the Ice Lounge in the previous issue, i guess he went down there

God I hope the kiteman stuff gets collected separately because I don't care about the rest of this.

>At the last minute, the Penguin shows up with the GCPD, turns out he's been an informant for them all along.