Tfw the series never topped this moment

>tfw the series never topped this moment

How could we have saved Steven Universe? By killing tumblr?

By finding better writers?

You can't kill that which has no life.
Also I like current steven universe. Thus character is way more interesting than lapis.

What you don't like the epic moment when Peridot (Lapis' girlfriend) cursed out Yellow Diamond and she made Le funny face? :^)

No.

SJW is not the problem with the show.

The worst problem - of course - is the release schedule.
Another issue is the relatively low-level animation.
The character development hiccups count.
And the poor pacing.

How could we have saved it? We couldn't. It is what it is. We should be grateful for what good things we did get.

Just make White Diamond the biggest baddest fuck ever

Then when we find out Pink was killed by Yellow and Blue is mad, White just shatters Yellow and doesn't give a fuck

*Having actual writers

She's also nicer.

But frankly I dig autist Lapis more than the "Lady of the sea, happy as can be" some people envisioned she would be once the Malachite issue was resolved.

Frankly, the series' peak. It encapsulated the entire message of the gem side of the show: it's wrong to destroy a world just because someone tells you to.

The same way you could have saved Adeventure Time: by running a tighter ship

Pink was shattered by White. Yellow hides the truth from Blue because she loves her and she knows Blue would never accept it, confront White and be shattered as well.

>it's wrong to destroy a world just because someone tells you to.

Peridot was just checking up on it she wasn't the one who decided if it goes off or not. l

Adventure Time should have ended a long time ago. Also Adventure Time was a loose comedy until they started adding shitty drama and half-baked lore.

I don't think Lapis works well currently because you have to humanize a snarky character when she does shit like brush off Connie after she says she almost killed her makes her come off as less human.

>how could we have saved Steven Universe?

By making it shorter. At this point, there's so much "filler" that it absolutely ruins the pace of the show. Any mystery about Homeworld or Pink Diamond has been diluted down so much it's essentially a teaspoon of salt in an entire fucking ocean. And once you get that little bit of salt, its fucking delicious, but you won't get more for a long time.

You wanna know what would saved SU? Three seasons, 52 episodes each. Maybe one or two specials, like what they did with Bismuth. Give me the story, the characters, a little bit of background development, and maybe some fun stuff to ease tension between the story points. And as a quick note, they should do more with fusions. What a cool idea that is completely wasted with little they've been used.

TL;DR, SU is beyond saving because it's gone on too long and any cool ideas are lost in a sea of shit.

She ISN'T human.

And I didn't say 'snarky'. I said 'autist'.
Pretty antisocial, doesn't really understand other people that well, finds enjoyment in things that puzzles other people and the inverse.

>finally getting space adventures
>Su has gone to shit

>Space=instant good
user, that's not how it works

>Three seasons, 52 episodes each.

But that's around the amount of episodes we have now

>She ISN'T human.

So? Literally every gem comes off as a human, even Jasper.

>>finally getting space adventures

No we aren't Stevens back on earth and is probably only going to go back to Homeworld for the finale.

*Having actual animators

You're right, I'm retarded.
Maybe I meant 26 episodes each. Just something smaller instead of 5 seasons with a rumored sixth on the way.

Getting space adventures by now is like reaching level 99 wood cutting in RuneScape
Congratulations you did it, was it worth it?

>thinking any scene with lapis is anything close to actual quality
Maybe back then when we didnt know anything it was,but i binged the show and now i dont give a shit about mirror gem/ocean gem. I hate her so fucking much.
Change the pic to stronger than you and peridots redemption arc.
>but peridot is a meme
Not back then
>she was better when she was "'"""intimidating""""
Retard

>TL;DR, SU is beyond saving because it's gone on too long and any cool ideas are lost in a sea of shit
The Simpsons Syndrome?

You can't. Wherever you happen to believe the show went bad, whether it was after the first season or the second or the third, it's not going to get any better. Let's just hope it ends as quickly and neatly as possible so we can at least remember the good parts.

They're more human than the goddamn Asari from Mass Effect.

>Change the pic to stronger than you

That's even worse

>>she was better when she was "'"""intimidating""""
Who are you quoting?

They topped it a while ago
>pic related

Peridot was a million times more interesting and fun when she had her limb enhancers.

>Peridot random comedy
>Smokey Quartz quipping

That episode sucked ass, try again.

Well, SOMEONE has to be 'least human'.

>a million times

Yeah... I feel like saying something like "Surely not EVERYBODY was Kung Fu fighting".

Well, I beg to differ. I thought it was a highly enjoyable pair of episodes.

Smokey being a fat ridiculous lump made perfect sense because that is precisely how both Steven and Amethyst view themselves, and in a fusion non-complementary characteristics are magnified.

And it didn't make any difference for how powerful she was - ridiculous and fat, she was still the product of two quirky Quartzes who are stronger than they realize.

And what would be more final, more humiliating for the 'perfect Quartz' than to get her ass kicked by her diametrical opposite?

>save show by killing it's only real fanbase
Not sure how that would work. Little kids only watch this show when their two dads make them.
Sugar makes her shows for homosexuals and hipsters, and children that will eventually become them. You can't save a show from it's creetor's agenda.

this ignorant ass nigga over here

>peridot random comedy
oh my god,the comic relief character is doing jokes. Why is this happening and why isnt she being a badass and out of character.
>Smokey quartz quipping
whats wrong with that.

Jailbreak was one of the best episodes, but everything with Ruby and Sapphire after it was bad and started to drag the show down.

Would it have been better if SU ended on Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem, like the creators thought it might?

but that was the best arc

hell no nigga.
So many people suck S1´s dick but it wasnt that good either.Steven was so fucking annoying jesus christ.
Also,no matter how shit your story is, it cant end wtih a cliffhanger.

Because it's a shitty way to write off a good character by having her being jobbed and quipped at.

AT got good again but I'm still glad it's ending.

Airing new episodes every week, not every half year.

Also, I was a huge fan of the slow development, it really added weight and depth to some characters. It made it sort of feel real, how characters cant just shake off their thousand years old emotional baggage after a pep talk under a single episode but need several seasons to work through their issues. I liked that, but I really hate how the development of some of the most popular characters like Peridot and Lapis happened entirely offscreen in the fucking memebarn. Same shit with Lars, we finally get to space adventures and its not even Steven doing them, and the entire thing happened offscreen.

A pet peeve of mine but I also really miss the little adventures of S1. Its not like they have stopped doing them, it just happens offscreen aswell. They would make much better filler than random townie shit.

So it should be be a "good" character

There's still at least one more season to come after that though, which they'll probably use as justification to squeeze in more townie shit.

After the aquamarine and topaz thing, townies shouldn't be allowed to ignore gem shit anymore.

Rebecca doesn't really "write off" characters, she just stuffs them in a box until it's their turn again 40 episodes later

Ending at season 2

>IM LAPIS LAZULI
>AND YOU CAN'T KEEP ME TRAPPED HERE ANY MORE!
it was fucking garbage

Can you tell me exactly why they never returned to that moment, even though it leaves a lot unanswered?

>never topped this moment
So, i actually forgot about it, didn't leave that much of an impression on me.
I actually have a few better moments for you:
Peridot calling YD a clod. It's not because of funny faces, it's because what it meant for peridot as a whole.
Lapis (as malachite) Screaming "I'M NEVER LETTING YOU GO", because that's badassery.
Pearl's song on Mr Greg, of the few times this show made me feel, that was the hardest.
The obvious Stronger than You moment.
And last but not least, Stevonnie's/Garnet's duo on Here comes a thought. All the meaning behind it, their voices, the animation during the scene, it was all so good.

You're everything bad with this fandom

I don't think so. I'm not an activist of any kind, and i don't think it's the best show ever.
I just don't think season 1 is the best because a random character screamed something out of context that for us meant nothing.
I'd rather connect emotionally to a character before seeing them explode with emotions i don't get.

Give Peridot back her limb enhancers and give more character than being moe meme goblin

There are no villains because the world of Steven Universe is sunshine and Daisies and the concept of a person just being a total cunt doesn't exist

The audacity of the writers is something to behold. Basic information about the gems like who they are, where they come from and even who the fuck Steven is, is held hostage by pointless townie episodes and life lessons that no one wants.

I don't remember the specific interview but Rebecca said she created the scene before even coming up with Lapis or the context around that scene before the show was even greenlit.

>memedot or stronger than you
Check out this retard

>because that's badassery.

This. It was f*cking epic

Agreed

Unless they're a man literally raping you by asking for a dance

No hes not. Hes right.

Go back to /sug/ faggot. Peridot did have great moments and even if stronger than you isnt the best,its better than whiny lapis.

When the fuck is CN going to air this again

What is jasper,yellow diamond,navy and aquamarine then.

Go back to /r/stevenuniverse fag. How was Lapis "whiny" when she had a perfectly valid reason to be mad?

What are even Peridot's "great moments" after she turned into a midget? Her YASS QUEEN SLAY shit with yellow diamond or her "funny" explanations on anatomy?

Not even close.

Those episodes weren't even good considering how Lapis ended up being the worst character on the show and didn't even have much of a reason to hate the CGs like she did in them. Steven let her out of the mirror, then she stole the ocean, tried to kill everyone, flew back to homeworld, got brought back to Earth by Peridot, fusion raped Jasper, tried to kill the CGs again as Malachite, got seperated from Jasper, then told Steven that Bismuth punched her and a random homeworld gem put her in the mirror, then she played baseball with the CGs like she never hated them and started acting like an autist in the barn.
SU has a lot of boring characters and awful writing, but Lapis is exceptionally awful and should never have existed.

>jasper
Gone and a "tragic character who didn't actually mean harm and was just following what she was meant to do" character

>yellow diamond
Not an actual villain, she isn't even aware of the protagonist

>navy
Not even a threat and is probably not gonna pop up again

>aquamarine then.
One off henchman

>she had a perfectly valid reason to be mad?
They never hinted at Lapis having a problem Peridot. Jasper was the one treating her like dirt in Jail Break. They pulled the "she interrogated me" bull out of their asses. In fact, Lapis had a huge bone to pick with the CGs, but she NEVER talked to them after coming back and it was never explained.

Don't get me started on "REEEE I WANNA LIVE EXACTLY HERE BECAUSE OF THIS CONTRIVED CONFLICT"

I heard Lapis doesn't want to fuse ever again after the whole Jasper ordeal.

>"tragic character who didn't actually mean harm and was just following what she was meant to do" character
That sums up a good amount of villains tbqh.

>Dont trust them Steven
>Literally nothing came of this
Do we blame Sugar for this or blame CN for using it so heavily in their promos?

Why is he everything wrong with the fandom? Those are genuinly good moments, not at all forced-feelings and shit like others people aclaim.

>Homeworld Gem doesn't trust a bunch of rebels
Colour me surprised.

Sugar because she didn't actually plan out anything to be done with it and just created the scene because she liked the idea of it.

>By killing tumblr?
Why does everyone assume tumblr is the source of everything wrong in a show?

>Lapis is exceptionally awful and should never have existed.
The biggest problem is that she COULD have been an interesting character. In Mirror/Ocean Gem she was warning Steven not to trust the CG's, which made it seem like she had a strong reason not to trust them, which coupled with Garnet's reaction to everything made it seem like they imprisoned Lapis themselves. When we finally got the backstory it turned out that she was cracked because she put herself in a fucking warzone for some as-of-yet unexplained reason, and was trapped in the mirror by someone who she doesn't even think was a Crystal Gem. Then like you said she just fucking plays baseball with them like nothing happened and gets tossed in the barn, where from then on she stops being an even remotely complex character with ups and downs, like she was in her introduction and Same Old World, and just goes full brooding. Her biggest problem was that she had tons of promise as a character, and as a means to bring complexity to other parts of the show, and they just fucking tossed it in the air for whatever reason.

CN, their promos are always misleading.

This. They actually trick me into thinking the show will be good.

She sounds more like a plot device than an actual character.

Because they hired Lauren "Lapidot" Zuke from tumblr

>They actually trick me into thinking the show will be good.
You have no one to blame for that but yourself dum dum.

She not even a plot device, because she doesn't affect the plot at all.

They also hired Amber Cragg and Maya Peterson from tumblr.
One bad apple doesn't ruin the whole bunch.

Because she was and Rebecca admitted that.

And?
If you killed tumblr, they'd just hire some from dA or Pixiv.

>Jasper
I wouldn't agree with the whole "tragic character who didn't actually mean harm and was just following what she was meant to do". She's more of a "tragic character who did harmful shit on purpose, but the tragedy comes from the fact that she drank the wrong kind of koolaid"

At least that would mean it would be more likely my fetish would be put into the show instead of dyke shit.

>tfw no Fazoli's
>tfw no Lazuli
>tfw no Lapis Lazuli gf to eat Fazoli's with
>tfw Lazuli doesn't rhyme with Fazoli

WA LA!

I want to live in the timeline where Same Old World doesn't cause the show to plummet into an endless hole of feces.

Bullshit

>At least that would mean it would be more likely my fetish would be put into the show
So you're admitting your into diapers and inflation?

I met her, Sup Forums. I dreamt that I washed up on the shore of Beach City and I was greeted by her presence.

I was flabbergasted, and immediately ran to embrace her. I held on tight while I felt her skinny arms wrap around me. I had never felt so happy, so comfortable and whole. My mind was a jumbled mess, spewing spaghetti as I began asking her about Gems. I questioned about Gem reformation, if the consciousness is intact, or does it deliberately wash into dormancy, awakening at certain intervals.

She grinned, and spoke to me with a voice so soft, yet firm. Reassuring and stern, but friendly and sincere. She said, "you would have to find out, if you wanted to. Or, you can stay here for eternity, with your mind and soul at rest."

My body was throbbing at the exciting news I didn't bother to process. To stay with Lapis forever? I can't imagine anyone passing up on that offer. I told her that I wanted to stay, with her. Again, I embraced her. She muttered under breath, "but, you can't." Suddenly, I felt my collective weight surge into my chest, and abruptly dropped to my feet.

I spoke in disappointment, "it's because you're not real, isn't it? You're only a concept of valor, personified as a perky alien girl to help alleviate the fear of the unknown, when we suffer. I'm no better than a waifu-wishing moron."

I felt her smile warmly into my chest, and break the embrace for a moment so she could speak, "No. Because it isn't your time, yet." She placed her soft pale hand on my cheek with a reassuring stroke, then pinched it like any grandma would. "Look for a girl who looks like me when you wake up, in the meantime before we meet again. You'll find her."

Her words revitalized my doubts and felt complete again. Then she slowly faded away into darkness and I woke up.

It was so bittersweet, and I feel weightless.

This looks like an old HSG shitpost. So did the HS fandom really just transform into the SU fandom?

It really didn't.

Yes. I legit fapped to when Malachite inflated when she poofed.

Why were Peridot and Lapis so horrible from that point on then?

Is the hiatus over yet