Do we have any right to criticize a children's cartoon even though we're not their target audience?

Do we have any right to criticize a children's cartoon even though we're not their target audience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ov8HHPuW6GU
abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/Wellness/watching-spongebob-makes-preschoolers-slower-thinkers-study-finds/story?id=14482447
youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo
mrenter.deviantart.com/journal/News-and-Stuff-705253823
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We do, we just shouldn't be autistic about it. Sadly, pretty much every cartoon related youtuber fails to see that and in turn, becomes a obnoxious as the things they review.

Also, because of this, TTG and all of these youtubers are dependent on eachother.

Why give children culture just to rip it away from them later?

If the goal is to make them quiet then just pump them full of pills and put an 8 hour finger family loop on.

We were all once children and demography is just convenince for marketers.

Yes.
Children are grown ups except smaller.
If you wouldn't subject yourself to watching trash why would you let your child to do it?

what traits make them autistic?

Cartoons are created and produced entirely by adults, so I don't see why an adult, with decent critic abilities and understanding of the context, shouldn't review cartoons for kids.

>The screaming at a children show
>The tinfoil tier hat theories and speculation that'd make Dale Gribble cringe
>The fact that they're rapidly making "I hate TTG" a genre of it's own
>The fact that they're 18+ grown men
>Their voices

Just because you're not in the target audience, doesn't mean you can't judge it based on the qualities upheld by other shows of its kind.

Here's an example: as someone with young kids, I know to judge a kid show based on what content I feel is acceptable for them. I think Sofia the First is a good show, because Sofia is a good character, her stories are interesting, and she morals are good. I don't want them to watch Caillou because he's whiny and bald.

I think Max Gilardi does it pretty well because he expresses its own issues with some cartoons in a way that doesn't feel very on-the-nose. Taking a comedy take on cartoon reviews helps in not making yourself look like a big nerd, I guess.

>Their voices
agreed on that front
>tinfoil tier hat theories and speculation
don't know what you mean by this. you mean about the show or the people working on the show

Criticize legitimate laziness and hackiness. Nu-PPG, Mary Sue Rick, plot holes and horrible characterization in Korra, Adventure Time being written by people who hate Finn, etc.

Avoid high autism like complaining that kids like Teen Titans Go or Uncle Grandpa or something. A target audience of kids with single digit ages likes something you don't? What an outrage.

>don't know what you mean by this.
I mean people like vailksbum or the roundtable make ridiculous and pointless theories based on little info and end up getting BTFO when it's nothing like what they theorized. Yet they still keep doing it.

But yeah, I do recall a few others over analyzing the cartoons they review and that's kind of autistic too.

not all autistic people are like this, and there are people like this that are not autistic
being stupid =/= having autism
stop using buzzwords

Did I touch a nerve?

>don't know what you mean by this. you mean about the show or the people working on the show
He means that some people (read reviewers and "mega fans") take a piece of background art, a line of dialogue, or something else minute and make a massive, cringe inducing fan theory.

What's the story behind that?

And why are people reviewing children's cartoons becoming mentally ill?

Both are examples of violent outbursts waiting to happen. It's a bit ridiculous

understood, thanks
haven't really seen any of those kinds of videos, so i'll take your word for it
still, I hate cartoon reviewer voices. They either sound dead or 14 years old

>What's the story behind that?
youtube.com/watch?v=ov8HHPuW6GU

Yeah, he's close to cracking.

No problem. Always happy to help

Haven't studies proven SpongeBob makes kids dumber?

I know that, (kind of pathetic) I'm talking about Pan.

Yes. Same as we have the right to judge shit like 50 Shades of Grey.
Now the fact that all cartoon reviewers are total trash is a real issue.

We don't know for sure, but it started a little after his GF left him, so who knows?

Did she leave him because he's a grown man getting worked up over cartoons made for chiidren?

Or was it the fetishes?

It would be silly to criticize cartoons for target audience issues. Like, for example, having child protagonists, themes that children relate to directly or metaphorically or lack of graphic sex scenes. Like you don't get to criticize a chick flick for lack of explosions and car chases. But who does it to begin with?

But bad writing is bad writing. If your plot derails, swerves in stupid direction, themes break down or something like this, it's just as worthy of criticism on Disney as it is on HBO.

We don't know.

>Spends hundreds of hours mercilessly attacking bad TV shows on the internet
>Gets immensely upset when people mercilessly criticize him on the same platform

What did Mr. Enter mean by this?

It's like saying that we are not allowed to criticize media from other countries.

"Adults hating on a show made for children, how sad!"
Yes, the cartoons are made FOR children, but they're made BY adults. What we're really criticizing here is the terrible decisions made by the adults. Creators look critically at the creations of other creators and try to see how they can be fixed/improved. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

/thread
Why it took so many replies to get such a simple response, I don't know, but Sup Forums I am disappoint.

It's just that none of them are mature about it in any way. Infact, most of them rival the behavior of the children these cartoons were meant to please.

What are you, racist? You just hate it because [insert nationality] made it.

welcome to Sup Forums autist. You're not changing that.

>implying it doesn't happen.
Americans either hate or love shit.
I don't think any of you are even capable of moderation.
It's entertaining but sometimes gets annoying.

>autistics screech all over the internet that autism isn't an insult
What did they mean by this?

Typically an inability to disassociate a character's actions with author intent. Or an overly emotional response to something that's clearly not personal, but they can't help but feel it's all about them.

I mean you are right, but stop being a fucking autist about it man.

I could have cooked and eaten that crab.

>Mary Sue Rick
Since when is Rick a mary sue? He fucks up, gets shot down and is made fun of constantly.

In this season anything that happens doesn't matter because the people that are doing it are now deemed worse.

Are soccer moms autistic?

Soccer moms are not emotionally invested in the show, they are emotionally invested in their children.

Mr. Enter's favorite anime is Mean Spirited Away

>Haven't studies proven
cite some then faggot

We need one with PhantomStrider.

Some of us are parents, and probably will become parents in a few years or so.

It's in our and our kids interest to find out if the cartoon is good or not. You'll probably want your offspring to watch only the best and wholesome stuff, without being subjected to stuff like writers injecting their magical realm in nuPPG or brain slowly turning into a mush by watching Teen Titans Go for the whole day.

I'm far from biblethumping, but I'd want my kids to be my kids, and not be raised by good-for-nothing calarts numales. My kids will be raised with Donald Duck, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Earthworm Jim and Strike Witches, not steven jewniverse.

>and Strike Witches
I bet you think you were being sneaky.

you guys just troll him cause he is autistic.

DONT DENY IT.

Everything is autistic to you.

so most people on here outside of the voices?

God most facial hair is fucking lame. The only acceptable facial hair is a full, but neatly trimmed beard or a mustache if you're a cop or firefighter.

people making huge deal about children's cartoons are mentally ill in the first place

I don't know, but if true by how much? is it like the cancer thing where eating this raise your chance of cancer by 1% so basically meaningless, or is it imposing false info with a negative attitude that encourages ignorance?

Gonna complain about homophobia on Sup Forums next, buddy?

judging by the few episodes I saw, for young minds it's probably like diving straight into contaminated water in Fukushima

>We're not going to change,we'll keep using our overused buzzwords which boil to "i dont like this person"
Here's an old buzzword but one that is still true:channers are edgy retarded manchildrens

>The fact that they're rapidly making "I hate TTG" a genre of it's own

it deserves it. but since you probably like it you think they're being mean to it and want them to stop. too bad, it's warranted, for several autistic and non autistic reasons.

Is there not a single non autistic cartoon reviewer?

Go to bed Phantom Strider, making dozens of videos a month on how TTG doesn't hold up to the original shouldn't be it's own thing.

Now you're getting it!

it makes me cringe to think of so many beta autists and little stupid kids think he is "so based" and that this grown man's whole fragile world was cracked because a person calling them selves PAN PIZZA doesn't like him.

Wait what? Explain.

Can someone give me a lowdown on this video, 'cuz I'm not gonna listen to him wallow for half an hour.

I've seen kids who play with toys and review them and get millions of views.
Why aren't their vids where kids review cartoons?

I try to do this with my nephew but I still go over to visit my family and there he is watching jessie and they let him watch jessie for like 4 hours. He is in school now so that doesn't fly but still. He's 6 btw. I did show him old tom and jerry cartoons and he loved those, but he now has a low attention span and wont watch anything really for longer than 10 min. they put on some new scooby doo and he was dicking around the whole time instead of watching it, but he said he liked it and got upset when I said i was going to turn it off it he wasn't watching.

internet is starting to get to him, might go on a break

>brain slowly turning into a mush by watching Teen Titans Go for the whole day.

Friendly reminder that TTG is the only show on CN right now that regularly teaches kids about economics.

nah it should. until it's canceled. TTG is a travesty.

Despite blocking everyone that doesn't blow him or stoke his fragile ego on every platform he is on, Some people still manage to bother him but messaging him to inform him that "so and so said you're a smelly doo doo head" and it has FINALLY TAKEN IT'S TOLL!!!!!

>*worlds smallest violin plays*

thats basically it.

>I hate a show so bad all of youtube should be spammed with hate videos (pretending like that's going to do anything) till it's gone
What a loser.

Shut the fuck up you autist

Adults and kids have different criticisms of things so I don't see why not. It's just a different perspective and most adults know not to try and act like they're the target audience and therefore know some things are going to be watered down and censored and hopefully won't bitch about it too much. Art's art and I could argue that nothing made by an adult could ever truly be solely for children... except maybe preschooler shit like Peppa Pig and the Teletubbies but you get what I mean.

Yes. Severely

lol good luck with that, kids don't do what they want you to so easily and I think that once they get to a certain age they're going to be pissed off at you for not letting them watch the cartoons that all the kids at school love and for making them watch lame old man shit instead.

>soon, it may become impossible to stop kids from watching Elsa/Spider-Man shit
I'm scared, guys.

Yeah, it doesn't mean we should work ourselves up like he does though.

implying he won't become the kid from "that kid" threads whose parents let him watch hentai

Yes, you cocksucking commie.

Haha, but you see, I am a MANCHILD. I exist in both realms fool.

yeah ONE episode....and its boring, it rest of the 200+ are mindless drivel.

the irony of this is all these complaints literally fit most of Sup Forums.

Finally a lesson
Labor day episode
Who's laughing Now
Pyramid Scheme
Snuggle TIme
The Gold Standard
BL4Z3
Lictation
>ONE

Depends. For example if someone criticizes a gore manga because it has gore in it and he doesn't like it, he's a fucking retard. They dislike it because it's not for them and not because of the bad quality. Same with cartoons. Obviously something like Dora the Explorer will be boring as fuck to an adult, so you have to look above the entertainment value for you personally, and see the educational value and aspects that will entertain a little kid.

Mr Enter was a retard. He criticized cartoons for doing things he personally disliked. As an autist, he was unable to distinguish between personal feelings and feelings of others as autists can't into empathy. So good fucking riddance and a RIP in piss to that hack. How he managed to accumulate hundreds of thousands of subscribers I will never know.

No, there's a big difference between what adults think children wants and what children themselves actually want. They're not going to be hooked on a moralistic cartoon that speaks down to them.

Here's a citation.
abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/Wellness/watching-spongebob-makes-preschoolers-slower-thinkers-study-finds/story?id=14482447

What, cause you say so?

Pan-Pizza is at the very least self aware

Isn't he ACTUALLY autistic? Not just the Sup Forums brand autistic?

Most of reviews this days do not serve to inform prospective customers or advice creators, but to amuse audience by mocking works of fiction, pandering to their biases, raise reviewers' social standing or self-esteem by virtue signalling or solicit donations to produce propaganda.

So anything goes.

Mr. Enter looked disgusting--kike nose protruding--in his ugly unwashed sweater before his recent tantrum video. Very very disrespectful.

You are a child of God, OP.

Don't need a justification to say fuck you

>channers
youtube.com/watch?v=vifYelSTlMo

>How he managed to accumulate hundreds of thousands of subscribers I will never know.
Does this upset you that much user?

>That time thebalishchannel fucking owned one of Enter's shitty reviews of TTG

> Posting worst sister
Very very disrespectful

And that he is tired of people ragging him on stuff he has done.

mrenter.deviantart.com/journal/News-and-Stuff-705253823
Thoughts?
Will getting his own site to avoid copyrights even work?

Yeah, he is actually, literally autistic. I mean, at least he has a condition that explains why he does what he does. I doubt most of the people who get so triggered by him can say the same.

Or maybe they do. Maybe they're all autistic too.