M-Marvel wins again!

>M-Marvel wins again!
So, is it now clear that the only reason Marvel makes more than DC is them releasing more books? Looking here you can see the brunt of their titles end up at the 20K-10K Zone.

What does the graph even mean
Also aren't Marvel launching their own 52 or something

>What does the graph even mean

It's just grouping the number of titles in each range together. Not difficult to read.

>Also aren't Marvel launching their own 52 or something

No, they are pretending they're doing Rebirth but no one actually believes them

>So, is it now clear that the only reason Marvel makes more than DC
Yes retard. They've been known to flood the market with titles to fuck other companies over. They tried it first in 84 and they have no reason to stop doing it.

>They tried it first in 84
Go on.

How does overshipping affect these figures?

First Comics and several other companies sued Marvel for releasing a slew of comics to force them out of the market. They also sued a printing company for allegedly undercharging Marvel. Marvel managed to keep the case going on till 88 but by then the damage was done.

>Marvel tries to fuck with indies
>indies fuck back

First ultimately got BTFO; it ceased publishing all-new issues in winter 1990-1991 and finally shuttered several months later.

>the hero dies but the villain has a worse fate

I said that the damage was done didn't I?

The fuck happened to Janin? His stuff in Grayson actually still looked somewhat 2D. This looks like it was paused in a middle of a cutscene

Freaking Marvel. The more I learn about their history, the more I wonder why the heck there are people who still support them.

Wrong thread, dude?

y-yes..... I'm gonna go back to Batman.

That's a real shame, First Comics was a cool company, they gave us those beautiful Elric comics. I think that Titan Comics now owns their licenses, atleast some of them.

And based Ostrander books.

Marvel made more money with constant events and relaunches, putting out more comics, and charging a dollar more for most issues. There's also Star Wars.

But now that they're cutting down their comics and allegedly not doing anymore events and chasing after large issue numbers they'll probably be making as much or even less money than DC. I bet Disney cut their budget and told them to slim things down.

Are those the graphs for store sales or actual sales?

>the only reason Marvel sells more is because they overflood the market even though most comic fans prefer DC or any other company that doesn't defecate on their property and fanbase on a regular basis
Gee, what a surprise. As if we all didn't know that already.

Current status of well-known First Comics franchises:
>American Flagg! and Nexus - rights reverted to their respective creators
>Dreadstar - Titan
>Grimjack, Mars, and Jon Sable - IDW
>Starslayer - Dark Horse (previously Titan)
>Badger - Devil's Due/1First revival

>>Dreadstar - Titan
>>Grimjack, Mars, and Jon Sable - IDW
>>Starslayer
DIGITALS
NOW

Grimjack and Jon Sable moved to Comic Mix.
A shitty click bait site where some of the most talented comic creators write articles. Their trades are also extremely expensive.

The Starslayer collected edition by Dark Horse is already available digitally, and Dreadstar too through Dynamite (sorry if I've mistaken earlier).

>Grimjack and Jon Sable moved to Comic Mix.
Where Grimjack creator John Ostrander is a regular columnist. How about asking Mike Grell for a re-release of Jon Sable?

>The Starslayer collected edition by Dark Horse is already available digitally, and Dreadstar too through Dynamite
Thanks! Where did I leave my credit card...?

>How about asking Mike Grell for a re-release of Jon Sable?
They already put out three "omnibuses" for it.

They will still get a big boost for a few months with the renumbering and overshipping (because of course they are going to do that), but unit numbers will fall quickly. Look at how well the newest X-Line and GotG are doing these days. 8 issues in, they sell less than Superman and Wonder Woman sell on their 20th issues. They will always be ahead in dollar numbers though because of their more expensive books.

Sales to stores from Diamond, not what the store sells.

So what your saying is someone needs to sue Marvel and therefore Disney. I'm surprised they don't have a monopoly with mouse money