ITT: Hilariously backward ideas for comic characters

ITT: Hilariously backward ideas for comic characters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5XGTPCYaBrw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's nothing wrong with Icon

Except for his costume that is. Bad need of a redesign.

He's a black conservative.
That's the equivalent of a Jewish Nazi.

So this is another Sup Forums thread then. Plus it mean sense that he is a conservative considering how he was raised during slavery.

Wouldn't the fact that he was raised in slavery make him lean left as an adult.

>point out the unfortunate implications in a comic character
>go back to Sup Forums!
When did this site suddenly swing right?

Lincoln was a Republican
#
Except he didn't he made a retarded statement.

>lean left
You do know that back then both parties were almost the opposite to what they are now.

I swear McDuffie must be rolling over in his grave. Nothing wrong with being a black conservative but the fact that you think there is says something about you.

>When did this site suddenly swing right?

About ten years ago?

What was left at the time is right now. Fun fact, Clarence Thomas, a black conservative justice on the Supreme Court, is a fan of Icon and has quoted him several times.

Meant to reply to

McDuffie was a liberal, I'm pretty sure he'd agree with this thread.

>I swear McDuffie must be rolling over in his grave. Nothing wrong with being a black conservative
LMFAO you fags know nothing about McDuffie, dude leaned hard left. He found out that Clarence Thomas loved Icon so much he actually fucking quoted him, and McDuffie was unable to write Icon for a while because of how pissed he was. He used to call Thomas "Uncle Thomas", McDuffie fucking hated "black conservatives".

Aren't most blacks conservative, sexist, homophobic bible-thumpers though? Them being accepting and far left is just a fucking meme that Tumblr has deluded themselves into believing.

>Fun fact, Clarence Thomas, a black conservative justice on the Supreme Court, is a fan of Icon and has quoted him several times.
And McDuffie, as an ardent liberal, hated the fact that the right were using his works as propaganda.
He almost quit writing Icon because of this.

Not every person practices conservatism the same way. A white conservative isn't going to value and agree with everything a black conservative would.

Also, McDuffie mostly did that to contrast Rocket, who was a liberal. The real appeal was seeing them disagree and debate over topics. Not to mention her being the one that gets him into being a superhero, despite being his sidekick.

This!
The fact that people think that Icon is a good character totally goes against what McDuffie tried to do and shows what people are really like.
If anything, he'd be rolling in his grave for people saying that Icon was a good character.

Holy shit stop making bait threads about fucking Icon, you got enough replies the first time

>Aren't most blacks conservative, sexist, homophobic bible-thumpers though?
That's literally all white people.
Most black people are pretty laid back politically, i.e. Obama.

Depends on the region. Where I am, they lean left so they can get welfare and shit, while at the same time regularly spouting homophobic, sexist, and Christian supremacist shit.

And Rocket was always correct whilst Icon was portrayed as behind the times and ineffective.
It's like you people don't understand McDuffie.

Never read anything with him honestly. Whats his personality actually like?

>Whats his personality actually like?
Basically an Uncle Tom.

Are you sure you're not talking about trailer park trash?

If they're conservative on every issue except welfare (and probably weed in many cases) that makes them right leaning.

>Nothing wrong with being a black conservative
You know, except everything.

There is nothing anti black about Republicans.
There is anti crime & gang culture about them but that isn't anti black as crime & getto culture aren't fucking genetic.
Your a fucking retard.

He's not an Uncle Tom. Stop using words if you don't know their meaning.

Like what?

>lawyer
>Republican
>criticizes other black people for every little thing
>hates Rocket for being liberal
Sounds like an Uncle Tom to me.

It's always funny when left-wing writers create right-wing characters to criticize them and make a counterpoint to their views, because the audience usually ends up loving them and agreeing with them.

>What is American Dad
>What is Steven Universe

Sounds like a racist to me

Well for starters, putting down black people and halting their progress.

Explain to me how being a lawyer and criticizing other people's actions is being an Uncle Tom. And he doesn't hate Rocket for being liberal.

>You do know that back then both parties were almost the opposite to what they are now.
>Republicans supported the Nazis before America entered WWII.
Sounds like there hasn't been much change since then.

Wouldn't a lawyer be something valuable to getto minorities and not a uncle Tom since Lawyers protect them against the system?

Superman as played by Sidney Poitier

Lawyers are biased against blacks and are more likely to put them away.
Icon is literally putting his own people into prison.

Icon was a good character. He just wasn't Superman. He wasn't seemingly flawless.

It's not you, it happens with every character now where there perceived political beliefs are being used to determine the quality of the story or writing. And in life political beliefs being used to determine someones morality. Icon just had a certain perspective on life. Because even with what he lived through he lived through it as an outsider, he lived through it with abilities that allowed him to overcome obstacles that held others back and that framed his opinion on others around him for better or worse. Icon was great character because of that detail and reativity that was put into his creation. And saying he wasn't because you don't agree with his world views is like saying Amanda Waller isn't a good character because she's super mean and violates the constitution.

American Dad is about a right-winger becoming more progressive, doesn't really fit into what I was saying. I don't watch Steven Universe.
I was talking about stuff like Judge Dredd, where the writers consider him to be a fascist and wrong, yet a good portion of the fanbase considers him to be a straight-up hero. A similar thing has happened in my country (Brazil), with the Elite Squad movies. The main character, a hard-line policeman, was meant to be a critique of the repressive police system, but most of the audience here ended up idolizing him.

...So basically Tom from the Boondocks if he had powers.
How horrifying...

Lawyers hate defending black people because they tend to lump them in with the rest of the legal system and refuse to cooperate, even though their job is make sure they win the case.

t. A black guy trying to act white

Your utterly delusional.
Democrats have ZERO incentive to solve the issue of racial tension in this country. They care about votes.

Intercity getto minorities corralled as they all are in their little ethnic pig pens for ease of exploitation with no experience of regular American towns away from cities & crime leaving them little choice but to buy into the Dems message that America outside of Liberal cities is nothing but a wasteland of Rednecks & Klansman, leaving them to bow to Dems every whim.

Why in the lowest chambers of hell would Democrats want to solve something that would take that fucking hussle away from them?

Tom is NO Sidney Poitier

Wew lad.
Lawyers put criminals in jail regardless of race.

>I was talking about stuff like Judge Dredd, where the writers consider him to be a fascist and wrong, yet a good portion of the fanbase considers him to be a straight-up hero.
This is bullshit.
The guy who wrote Prophet spoke out against the Judge Dredd comics and people applauded him for it.
There's a reason Dredd flopped in theaters...

Well, I need this now.

It can sit between my copies of Diesel and Quatro Gang.

Thank you OP for dropping the charade. So what is it about a successful and upstanding black man that gets you so upset?

Is that Brian Michael Bendis?

Conservatives don't put black people down.
They put down intercity gang culture getto members that simply happen to be minorities.
African genetics didn't make them into criminal & drug dealers, their cancerous culture did.

And you want to know what really stifles progress for blacks? Calling every black person who is halfway successful in life a uncle fucking tom.

>Them being accepting and far left is just a fucking meme
Black people that don't consider themselves democrats are heavily ridiculed within the black community. Like every black movie and tv show for the last 40 years have talked about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XGTPCYaBrw

They're both oreoes.

Yes, that is the joke.

No they're successful black men

Prosocuters yes. But not defenders.
>Icon is literally putting his own people into prison
A criminal is a fucking criminal. So your saying minorities should get a free pass on drugs, rape & murder by their own race?

A good portion of black people would vote republican if they don't have that racist stigma attached. A lot of black people hate gays, hate taxes, hate abortion, love christianity, and love guns.

The people who applauded him for it weren't the fans of the comic. How dense are you?
Even Wagner has complained about people who think Dredd is the hero.

Thing is.
2012 Dredd was a actual hero & was vastly more reasonable then comics Dredd.
Comics Dredd will add a decade more time to your sentence for just talking out of turn.

He's also killed millions of people.

So, there was actually an idea for a black hero called "the brown bomber" back in the 1960s or 1970s. It was vetoed, but a writer (I think it was McDuffie) decided to use it as a joke later on, and he modelled after a fat white guy (totally Bendis)

I thought it was more the left-leaning sorts that whined about how people had to go back to Sup Forums?

At any rate this site's long had a thing about boogeyman-places which are apparently the source of all people that annoy us. Sup Forums's just the most recent scapegoat

makes sense to me

he's rollin his grave alright
because hes fat
so he had a bunch of rolls

I'd love to see one of the tumblrinas in this thread calling Thomas Sowell an "Uncle Tom" to his face.

It was actually the Black Bomber.
And it was Tony Isabella, not McDuffie.

How are you enjoying Scarlet Spider tripfag?

yes i am certainly reading a 2017 marvel book about a character and franchise i don't care for by a writer i don't care for

I was hoping to trigger your PAD autism. It's hilarious to see you fume over him. Do you still have that copypasta?

it's pretty flattering that you're attributing that pad pasta to me

Apparently Clarence called Dingle and Cowan into the fucking Supreme Court chambers to chill with him because he liked Icon so much

Whenever you go on a rant it's never too far behind. And it just so happens to cover your issues with him. Just a coincidence I noticed.

>He's a black conservative.That's the equivalent of a Jewish Nazi.

The majority of African Americans are Conservative by nature and practice, they just uniformly vote Democrat because they want welfare.

>poor assholes are similar
WOW

i am not particularly interested in trying to hard to say 'fuck PAD' so its literally just a coincidence

>not knowing census CONSISTENTLY shows that blacks are consistently more right leaning than even conservative whites, but always vote Democrat because when they're at the booth they become single issue voted motivated by a dependency on the Democrats' welfare state

McDuffie sound like the "good li'l BOY" lefties love, then. Hooray.

Someone post the Quantum and Woody page
You know the one

Because they love having someone to blame. Anyone who makes a better man of themselves is "trying to be white".

Reminder that the left and academia invented "black authenticity" to force blacks back into their inner city thug culture they should be trying to escape from.

"We'll keep those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!"

No. You fucking idiot.

It's less "welfare state" and more the idea that ever since the 60's, the Democratic Party has been the "black party", like the two have merged in terms of identity. There's a strong sense of tribal unity and kinship. A lot of American politics is less about policy and more about identity.

Poorly-educated lower-class Americans lean heavily towards regressive populism but support whoever promises them the most benefits
Really jiggle the gonads, don't it?

>all white people literally believe the same thing.

If that were even remotely true to being the case not a single minority politician would be elected anywhere in the United states. And thats ignoring the abysmal voter turnout that PoC hav.

>ruin a people by inundating them with a welfare system that radically retards progress
>repealing said system will actually do even more damage rather than reverse the damage it's already done because you've made people totally co-dependent on it
Is this the most dastardly long con the Dems ever pulled?

Ill-behaved characters frequently become the most popular ones because they offer catharsis to the audience. It's not just ultra-violent Punisher types, it also includes dense idiots, wacky lunatics, and raging psychopaths. Just because people like a character doesn't necessarily mean they endorse the character's behavior. That said, making a character with ironic intent often backfires since satire usually goes over people's heads unless it's delivered with the subtlety of an anvil.

Most people on welfare are poor whites.

what a butthurt little faggot

Total, not as representative portions of their populations. Meaning individually a black is more likely than a white to be on welfare.

Poor people have been voting Democrat for fifty years.

And they're still poor.