How'd you feel about the Ninja Turtles movies from the 90s?

How'd you feel about the Ninja Turtles movies from the 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gjv4IBwHsH4?t=18s
youtube.com/watch?v=v7uUUrRB7Mg
youtu.be/v7uUUrRB7Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=2ODCJzJ3L_0
archiveofourown
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I loved them!! I saw them was I was a kid and they were really great. Honestly, these trutles had more sense being stealthy as ninjas than the ones from the last 2 movies. (I mean, how can they be so quick and agile with such heavy shells on their backs?).

My only complaint is why we didn't see Shredder's mutation into the Super-Shredder in the second movie. It was really intense, but too short.

are you me user? Cause that's my opinion too.
am I samfagging right now and not even aware of it?
my whole world is shattered.

The first one is the Turtles to me. I don't go in for all the Krang and other mutants stuff the 80's and Nickelodeon shows focus on.

First one was great.

Second one was meh.

Never saw the third one.

Dude, there's always someone in the world who share your opinions about something. We are 7 billion people after all.

The original is one of the best comic book films. Aged like a fine wine.

The second one is good, but it has flaws (namely they had to tone the violence down because of overbearing mothers).

The third is just way too kid friendly, has the worst suits of the three movies, and the lead villain is the dude from Lethal Weapon 3. It doesn't have anything too cringe-worthy like say a Bay-TMNT film. But it was the lower standard of TMNT films because of it being way too light.

Still, it has Casey "mutha-fucking" Jones in it, a descent subplot involving Mikey, and April parading around in a shorts showing off dem legs of her's.

I like all three.
The first one is a legit good movie, kung fu tortoises or not.
The second one is more of a cartoon but it was a neat little time capsule.
I honestly really like the third one. It came along a little too late and the turtles themselves are cheaper looking but the story is solid and not out of line with the kind of stuff that happened in the Mirage series.

All in all, they were better than they had any right to be especially given how comic book movies usually ended up

Let's just say that everytime I order Pizza Hut, I always watch these movies on my VHS while I eat it

My language's dub was full of slapstick and they even put in additional sound effects to make it more cartoony.

I've seen the second one easily +50 times and it's the primary reason why I spoke fluent english in 2nd grade.

Out of all things I especially remember thinking the sets were amazing. That underground shopping mall looked fun. The junkyard looked fun. The apartment looked fun. It would continue defining my views of what America looked like for well over a decade.

The first one is probably in the top 3 of comic book movies for me. Definitely top 5 at least.

The first one was great.
I've got a bit of a soft spot for the third.

Agreed 100%. The first one is a legitimately great movie to this day.
The second one is good for completely different reasons, much goofier, more in line with the cartoon at the time, but still lots of fun.
The third one is the worst of them, but it's not nearly as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. I honestly wish Renet had been put in the movie to make it closer to the time traveling stories in the Mirage comics, considering they use what looks like her time scepter in the film.

The 1st one is arguably one of the best kids' movies ever.

this. right up there with Batman 89 and spider-man 2. Seriously though, ninja turtles 1990 is a timeless master piece, it's amazing how they handled shedder, he's almost like an osma bin ladden type of villian and the footclan are like isis.

looks like you meant you got a hard spot user.

The fact that the movie came out and was as dark as it was is a miracle. I dont know how it got all the way through production and release in the state it was without major meddling.
TMNT wasn't some underground niche thing at the time. It was a major franchise and at its height of popularity.

How did it get away with the lighting? The dark themes? The emotional core of the multiple stories weaved through it? The long stretches of no action?
It's seriously the slowest, most talky of almost any cape movie. and it's TMNT of all things!

I have no idea how the movie got made but I'm glad it did.

First one was the best, bar none, but I favor 3 over 2 because 2 dumbed everything down too much for the kids who only knew the TMNT from the cartoon and the parents who complained about the violence. At least 3 didn't coast on another boring-ass Foot Clan plot.

because although it was popular, it was not taken seriously and no studio touched it. Until fucking Paranormal Activity it was the most successful independent film ever made.

Remember this scene?

youtu.be/gjv4IBwHsH4?t=18s

the first 45 seconds. donatello seeks out Mike because he is uneasy about what splinter said, and Michelangelo's response is completely in character, he says nothing and cracks a joke. So much is said with so little. The movie is a masterpiece.

I'd give them a 9.95

What are you deducting the 0.05 for?

Not being the 2003 cartoon.

Or at least that's what I would do.

I think the first is one of the most rewatchable movies I know of.
I also love looking at early 90s New York.

It's a reference to the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=v7uUUrRB7Mg

youtu.be/v7uUUrRB7Mg

Oh come on, that song's not bad. It's pretty catchy even.

No one said it was bad?

>that gritty as fuck 90s NY setting for the first one

sweet

But you said you deducted 0.05 points because of it.

They were fun to watch. I didn't like how shredder was treated in both movies though. Especially super shredder who just dies from rubble. So lame !

1 and 2 are fun.

3 is the weakest entry, but the turtles keep it afloat and it's fairly funny at times.

I enjoyed the first two, the third was fun in it's own way. I actually know someone that owns, Michelangelos head from the third movie! Along with just a TON of other Turtles memorial.

I only saw 3 as a kid

But I loved it

youtube.com/watch?v=2ODCJzJ3L_0

I dunno first Shredder was cool. He was dark, brooding, gave that fuckin speech to all the teenagers, and kicked all the Turtles asses, Splinter as the one who took him out.

The sequel could've handle him better, of course, they had to be more light-hearted about it.

Because of this song, 9.95> though

Met a girl at a bar and we were the only 2 who knew this dance.
We will be together 5 years in October.

First movie was awesome. 2nd one not so much.

they were the soul reason pizza hut got so much money from my family

first was kino
second was shit

archiveofourown org/works/12119991

>I dont know how it got all the way through production and release in the state it was without major meddling.

It got through production because it wasn't a major studio production. The first movie was an independent film. The following two, however, were not.

TMNT 2012 is ending on Saturday.
What did you guys think about it?

It was not good enough.

Very much felt like a spiritual successor to the original Teen Titans, fitting that I know some of the crew work on it.

Also fitting that the 2012 series' successor is going to be more in-line with TTG. I'm really curious about who's going to be cast as the Turtles in the next series (Rob Paulsen confirmed there's a new series coming, but I don't believe he confirmed that he's involved with it unless I missed that).

Shit, man, I didn't know that. Been watching out for a bit now, it varies from "okay" to "damn good".

Best Splinter, best Donatello, best Shredder, good versions of everyone else.

the first one is the best movie ever, second best is "out of the shadows"

s1 leo was best leo.

sean astin was a good choice but he wasn't very good at amping up raph's anger. But he cracks me up.

The first season was great, but it went downhill each season. It ended up feeling like they just kinda wanted to do Splinter fanfic irl. Which wasn't bad, necessarily.

I'm very disappointed that raph/casey wasn't more of a thing.

meant for

Best TMNT media alongside the 2003 TV show

>Very much felt like a spiritual successor to the original Teen Titans
No it doesn't, not at all. TT was generally GOOD, for one thing.
>fitting that I know some of the crew work on it.
Yeah, and they're trashing their own legacies by doing so.
It doesn't hold a single candle to TMNT 2003.