Spider-Men II #3

This issue of Spider-Men, a series all about Spider-Men teaming up with each other, has no actual Spider-Men in it. Instead, enjoy the backstory of 616 Miles, or don't.
Bendis does it again!

I could have sworn that Wilson Fisk had never been in prison before until Bendis' own Daredevil run.

You know what they say about guys with small hands

>Any form of continuity
>Bendis

If this would have been a no name indie comic it would have been great, but again, all the established characters are used to glorify an original character, as written by Bendis and against their own character, continuity or previous history.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a America #7 storytime today?

And here we are introduced to our real main character. Spider-Man, who's that?

Damn! didn't see that coming!

The only type of continuity Bendis cares about is from something he wrote. If he didn't write it or it's not an "iconic moment", he doesn't care.

I like this issue. Bro Kingpin is the best

>I needed to do a short stay for paperwork
What the fuck does that even mean?

Fisk is sassy.

He forgets things that he wrote too, even in the same issue. There's a part of Civil War 2 where Tony tells Thor to take Miles home, and then Tony gets angry about "not knowing where Miles is" less than 8 pages away

>Wilson Fisk with hair
This feels wrong

You're being way optimistic. We have already established he doesn't even care for his own continuity.

He contradicted himself literally the next issue at times.

It's not bad, it just feels out of place in a "Spider-Men" miniseries. This should have been an issue of Miles' own book.

At least he didn't try to rape him like that one guy in Punisher MAX

>you have powers?!
Anndddd dropped. Thanks anyway OP.

I swear, if Bendis says that this guy is on IGH...

Wait what "Italian sugar daddy" can Fisk possibly have

>MGH
Hey look, another Bendis classic.
Kind of weird that it's being used this far in the past though.

The fault is your own, user. Bendis cares about the timeline...Its MGH.

It probably goes without saying that only is the cover a lie, but so is the solicit
>Meeting the Miles Morales who was already in the Marvel Universe sets OUR Miles OFF! As if he weren't struggling with interior conflicts that were tougher than the external conflicts, this revelation hits Miles hard. Luckily, Peter Parker, an expert on personal tragedy and dark spots, is by his side!

Bump for the book in which nothing actually happens.

>bro Kingpin

This is weird.

I can't help but notice that 616 and Ultimate Miles have literally nothing in common. Why would Miles freak out about a guy with a completely different life and age sharing the same name?

is it really that weird to see Kingpin as a man who will repay favours with kind?

Terrible issue.

I guess Miles Morales was Wilson Fisk's first Wesley.

At this point you can replace Kingpin with adult Ganke, and Miles with, heh, adult Miles.

The scars can be replaced with being black.

The idea of the Kingpin as a matchmaker/wingman is pretty weird.

Why would he risk exposing himself by hiring an assassin that could possibly be traced to him?

Why would he tell the assassin his real name so that he could definitely be traced back to him?

This guy, Don Rigoletto. Who for some reason doesn't have his eyepatch.

Because the plot demands it.

There are two different, real ass people in California named Miles Morales right fucking now according to the White Pages. I don't think they'd freak out if they learned about each other.

>Not mine. His.
Wait, am I reading this right? Wilson wanted Miles to become head of the Mob?

Or at least this subsection

Are there really any "rules" saying you can't leave crime?

What the fuck Bendis, are you getting back your powers?

this is a spiderman comic right

no, it's a spidermen comic

I completely forgot about this
Will you do issue 2 also?

This guy. I like this guy; he makes me laugh

I honestly wonder how somebody as slow-paced as Bendis could possibly end this story in just 2 more issues.

Blood in, blood out

This issue feels like a blatant attempt from Bendis to reconfigure his Donut Steel into a character suitable for the Netflix shows

Probably by keeping evil Miles around as a villain for good Miles. He has, what, one or two villains that are actually his and not borrowed from Peter?

And that's that, hope you enjoyed.
Next time: Miles freaks out because a man twice his age he has nothing in common with happens to have the same name and a similar face as him.

Is this a meme drawing? Isn't there a jpg of a guy putting whip cream into another guys mouth while looking at the camera whit a sinister look, very similar to that cover?
Does anyone have it.

>HOLD ME BACK, NIGGA, HOLD ME BACK

Bendis openly hates continuity and pulls for people to stop adhearing to it

Time for noogies!

>Have a three year sentence
>Kill your cellmate
I don't think a few thousand dollars would make it worth the extra 25+ years added to his sentence.

>Are there really any "rules" saying you can't leave crime?
Didn't you want the Sopranos? The only way to leave organized crime is jail or death

This exact scene was in Silent Hill Downpour, chubby guy and all. Of all the things to rip off

I want a variant that's Kingpin holding 616 Miles back.

>Bendis' super special OC saves Fisk years before Daredevil is able to beat him
wew

Fisk is best friends with and co owns a restaurant with a Miles Molores
Never ever brought up till now

Wow this composition is shit

Why is Mafia Miles "whiter" as in, could be a Cuban?

>hope you enjoyed.
I know you're just being facetious but, stop that.

Wait a second

>HOW DARE YOU HAVE THE SAME NAME AS ME

>and a similar face as him.
Like, what? He doesn't even look similar to Miles either. This guy seems more like a mixed black/latino than Miles himself, who just seems Black.

Or how in Ultimate Spider-Man, Matt Murdock revealed his identity to Peter and then in the Ultimatum tie-ins Peter said he'd never seen him before after unmasking Daredevil.

>Kind of weird that it's being used this far in the past though.

Yeah, that part threw me especially since this is before Fisk became Kingpin.

Or within pages of the same issue.

>The only type of continuity Bendis cares about is from something he wrote
Except Bendis is constantly contradicting things he himself established.

>the good stuff still isn't ripped but somehow this pile or absolute garbage got ripped in time

god fucking damn it fuck this gay earth

>that last row of panels
wew

Maybe you should *buy* the good stuff, user.

My favourite part was how the previous issue literally showed their profiles next to each other and they're completely different.

It's more closer to this than

>in the hands of a better writer this could be really good

How badly did this story fuck up Kingpin's backstory?

No it isn't faggot. You're whining literally because it's Bendis

You know, he doesn't really look like our Miles at all.

He doesn't even look that. He looks like a really dark Italian or maybe Greek.

>Miles was already an adult when Fisk was a young man and first spent his time in jail
>this would be when Peter Parker was a child at the very most
Oh that Bendis and his spectacular regard continuity.

We'll, we know Ultimate Peter is out her than 616 Peter. And Ultimate Miles is only like six years younger than 616 Peter, so what if in 616 Miles's parents met when they were really young and had him around ten years before Peter. Then Fisk first ends up in prison in his late 20s and Miles is 18 and Peter is a kid who faces Fisk years later when he's in his late 40s and Miles is in his mid 30s. Now 616 Miles is in his 40s and Fisk is in his 50s.

Never mind. Fuck this shit. Making this work is impossible. Bendis sucks.

one is half black while the other is full Hispanic, their profiles are obviously gonna be different.

He's so fucking predictable isn't he?

We get it Bendis you watched the Netflix shows and repeat what they do.

>anything involving Miles
>good

Is 616 Miles not black?

MIles was about ten when spider-man showed up (that season one story had him as one of the first people Peter saved along with his mother) and I think Peter ran into the Kingpin before he dropped out of college. Did Miles get tried as an adult or something and the MU citizens were too dumb to look at his birth certificate to find his real age?

SLIDING TIMESCALE

It's SJW Marvel, black person can do no wrong and they can't make him white or else it would be whitewashing.

So making him ambiguously ethnic is the best thing, Marvel doesn't care about pissing off Latinos, America is proof of that.

This could work really well as an elsworld where Miles is an enforcer for Kingpin. Throw in a few other heroes who would fall for the "I'm cleaning up Hell's Kitchen" angle and it could be pretty good.

I should've known you people would've pulled an epic xd btfo remark like that instead of just blaming it on Bendis being a terrible writer like a normal person would. Nevermind the fact that the current main villain on his other book is black.

I liked this issue. Bendis writes a great Kingpin. You guys bitch just to bitch.

Or Miles’ uncle who was scum

Or the other Venom

Bendis has no problem with black villains

Pretty sure Bendis isn't drawing or coloring this issue.

Yeah because artists just draw whatever the hell they want without any direction from the writer.

That scrawny guy tries to pick up a fight with a dude who is strong enough to punch and rip robots and undead monsters into pieces and has wrestled down an army of ninjas at one point.

I have mixed feelings, I really, really want to see Miles banging and making pregnant the 616 MJ just for the blacked meme and my fetish, but at the same time he is such an awful character that I really would love to see Peter killing him.

This basically retcons criminal scum and drug dealers knowing about mutants in detail before the general public or governments even knew about them.

In Marvel? Sometimes they do if Priest is any indication.

But yeah I assume someone with Bendis' profile gets to dictate whatever he wants to the artist, the fact that a lot of artists who work with him do the repeated panels gag a lot is a clear indication of that.

>Bendis
>Continuity

You expect too much.

I can't imagine Bendis not throwing a hissyfit if something isn't exactly how he pictured it to be honest. Let alone the adult version of his husbando. Why he did it is anyone's guess. Maybe since Miles' dad is black he wants to do a "hurr durr this is what he'd be without his dad" thing for 616 Miles.