Why are they making a movie about this (especially after the suicide squad disaster)?

Why are they making a movie about this (especially after the suicide squad disaster)?
Was gotham city sirens that popular?

Because Batman shit sells, dumb bitches love Harley, and the decision was made with next to no thought regarding the comic

SS made money and they are giving the female star of it another movie, whether or not the story was done well doesn't matter.

>especially after the suicide squad disaster
You mean the one that was wildly popular with the moviegoing audience, won an award, and was only hated by critics for not toeing the feminist line correctly?

You have a strange definition of "disaster."

They announced a new omnibus recently, but called it "Harley Quinn and the Gotham City Sirens"

Could have said the same about suicide squad. Look what happened.

Despite your greatest wishes, Suicide Squad was a decent movie that made a lot of money on its own merits, and wasn't even allowed to be shown in China. And yet it succeeded. People liked it. WB is giving people what they want.

You're fucking kidding me. Branding everybody!
You expect executives to learn anything

You're making the mistake of thinking this is about producing art and not about making money.

>Look what happened.
WB made a bunch of money and has multiple marketable characters they can spin-off into other movies. Yeah, they definitely don't want to do that again.

People won't get fooled twice.

>, and was only hated by critics for not toeing the feminist line correctly?

No, it was hated for being a mind-bogglingly bad movie.

Suicide Squad did well because it was released in August and had no competition. Even shit movies can make money, don't pretend it was good.
I never said that, I know damn well its about making money.

you'd think that, but then you see the money Transformers movies make

My mistake then. The fact that you thought the executives had anything to learn suggested to me that you thought the quality mattered.

or the mcu

>was only hated by critics for not toeing the feminist line correctly?
Have you seen it?

>w-well it only did well b-because
Just stop embarrassing yourself.

fanservice the movie.

>girl power
>lesbian subtext
>hot actresses in latex
gee wonder why

Im not denying it did well, numbers dont lie. Doesnt mean it wasnt shit.

Who's the hot actress?

>lesbian subtext
wat
>hot actresses in latex
just like the WW actress?

well shit movies get sequels because they make money user
good movies don't because they don't make money

Hollywood blockbusters are made to make money not win oscars
although suicide squad did win an oscar and make money

>tfw they completely ruin Ivy by just making her Harley's shoulder gal who can control plants

A truly in-character Ivy would threaten to feed Harley to a giant flytrap for being too annoying.

It made a fuckload of money and audiences enjoyed it for the most part?

Because Harley was the only thing anyone liked about Suicide Squad, they could make a solo movie about her but pairing her up with other hot girls will sell even better.

Calm down, you idiots. I doubt there will be any HarleyIvy subtext in the movie.

Harley and Ivy have a canon on and off relationships in the comics.

why is Detective Comics #850 going for a lot of money now? I don't recall anything special happening in it.

>and was only hated by critics for not toeing the feminist line correctly?
wat

Maybe Eva Green could be Ivy. Her cans would look good in a floral halter top

THIS
DC gives fans what they want

....why wouldnt they?

I mean, why make ANY movie with characters? Especially POPULAR ones?

i have never heard the "toeing the feminist line correctly" line about suicide squad....

...is this something fresh spewed from the echo chamber? lol

I like the movie...but it was edited to FUCKING SHIT like there was a fire in the film room.

I think they could do better but I see what you mean.

Are you sure we saw the same movie? It's easily the worst movie in the DCEU yet, and that's saying something with a movie as bad as BvS in the lineup.

The normalfag waifu market is almost untapped.

hahahahahahahaa

though some fags say Harley and Ivy have a CANON gay relationship, that shit is not canon but used in Harley Quinn a non canon book and some non canon things like Bombshells.

Nah it was in Harley's current title, casual

they liked the movie good or bad but they liked it.

Oh wait I misread, you think the current title is non canon because you say so? even funnier!

just a retared could think Harley Quinn is canon cause DC said so, some retarded casual who loves Palmiotti

>Current Harley Quinn book is canon.
>Even though it never references or is referenced by any other book in DC's current canon.
>Even though pre-Flashpoint Power Girl and Terra recently showed up with no explanation.
>Even though it directly contradicts Suicide Squad, in which Quinn is being held prisoner in Belle Reve, not living in New Jersey having adventures with her wacky friends.
>And SS has had multiple crossovers with other titles that are part of the main DC canon.

It's okay. It can be canon if you really want it to be, user.

You're an absolute moron if you think Suicide Squad was even remotely good

It was a decent music video and wasn't as offensively bad as BvS was, it knew it was stupid and didn't pretend to be otherwise, where as it's predecessors were pants on head retarded

>made load of money without China
>won an Oscar for a technical aspect
>disaster

if you think that was bad you should check out literally any other superhero movie

eva for catwoman or bust

I agree that Suicide Squad was popular, but
>was only hated by critics for not toeing the feminist line correctly?
there's a lot more to criticize in the film than Harley wearing skimpy clothing user.

It was literally cut together by a trailer company at the last minute holy fuck.

Literally this