Marvel Legacy is ‘Act 3’ of a Larger Plan for the Marvel Universe

>“Marvel Legacy is Act 3 of a larger plan for the Marvel Universe,” Alonso told Entertainment Weekly. “In Act 2, we took a lot of our iconic heroes off the playing field, replaced them with either new, young characters — like Riri Williams or Amadeus Cho — or familiar characters — Jane Foster or Sam Wilson — and saw what types of stories emerged: Jane Foster as Thor, Sam Wilson as Captain America, Amadeus Cho as the Hulk. The return of the classic characters was inevitable, of course. We knew that, we wanted that, and we planned for that. That’s what Legacy is about: It sets the stage not only for the return of many of the classic characters but for the next stage in the lives of the newer characters. Now we find out if the Marvel Universe is big enough for all of them.”

ew.com/books/2017/09/20/axel-alonso-marvel-legacy-preview/

>Written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by Esad Ribic, Marvel Legacy checks in around the Marvel Universe. We see Captain America on the road, keeping a low profile in the wake of Secret Empire; we see the Thing and Human Torch trying to carry on the Fantastic Four’s legacy while Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman remain missing; and we see a conflict between the modern incarnations of Ghost Rider and Starbrand getting into a fight. That tussle actually has roots stretching back to 1,000,000 B.C., and the very first team of Avengers. Back then, Ghost Rider rode a mammoth instead of a motorcycle, Odin wielded Mjolnir before Thor, and cavemen held the mantles of Black Panther, Phoenix, and Starbrand. According to Alonso, this won’t be the last you see of this fascinating team (Ghost Rider mammoth!).

>“When Jason pitched the concept of the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers at an editorial retreat, everyone in the room’s jaw dropped,” Alonso says. “Not just the roster and details, but the concept driving it. That’s saying something. I think he’s caught lightning in a bottle with this team, I truly do. We have big plans for them.”

>we where intentionally alienating our core fanbase as part of a larger plan

nice back peddling, Marvel

>We see Captain America on the road, keeping a low profile in the wake of Secret Empire

Dude LITERALLY drapes himself in the america flag -- that's "low profile"?

When was the last time Jason Aaron wrote something big that actually delivered?

so marvel has had this cosmic bullshit happening on earth since the flintstone days?

no wonder their citizens are assholes.

>We knew that, we wanted that, and we planned for that

>That backpedal
Alonso deserves to be hit by a bus

You cant keep saying this shit is planned out, no one is buying it

Guess it really would kill Marvel to say "We fucked up, but we're going to make it right."

>please come back. We promise not to shit in your mouth again.
Lol, no.

They're not going to make it right

Marvel can backpeddle all it wants to, I'm done with it. I've moved on to other companies, and I'm never going back to Marvel.

Oh Marvel. It's too late.

That's The Spirit

Legacy is just a temporary bandaid for the Real Relaunch coming in 2018.

The relaunch will center around Thanos (in preparation for the Infinity War movie).

Y'know, if they were pitching this normally, like "Hey guys, we're doing a neat little book about the first avengers team. Cavengers!" everyone would be on board. It'd be just the right kind of comic goofiness that Marvel is lacking right now.

But the fact that they're hyping it up as being the second coming of Jesus just makes me tired.

>The return of the classic characters was inevitable, of course. We knew that, we wanted that, and we planned for that.
I wish I had the time to compile all the tweets and interviews about everyone who wanted the original characters back was just a racist sexist transphobe republican shitstain and we just had to get used to it.

>Legacy is just a temporary bandaid for the Real Relaunch coming in 2018
Jokes on you, user. The real REAL relaunch is coming out in 2019 because Marvel was planning this all along.

>“When Jason pitched the concept of the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers at an editorial retreat, everyone in the room’s jaw dropped,”
Yes, I'm sure they were awestruck by Cavengers. Truly Cavengers is the greatest idea ever come up by mankind in human history.

Fuck. I hate MCU synergy. I would rather them be their own things.

Yeah right. It's going to be in 2020.

user, please. The real relaunch isn't coming until 2035.

It was Marvel's plan to have about 40% of their comics sell under 20k?

>implying the TRUE planned relaunch isn't happenning in 2021 as Act 8 of THE PLAN
What was Act 1 anyway?

You see? that's the thing! It's BEFORE human history!

>see a conflict between the modern incarnations of Ghost Rider and Starbrand getting into a fight.
That's exactly what I want to see when I read a fucking Ghost Rider book. Just let Robbie or Johnny or Keth do his own fucking thing.

Act 5, crashing this industry...

>We've been building towards this since Avengers Disassembled

>Does not know about the PLANNED REAL Real Relaunch in 2020

Until I start hearing news about all of the talentless hacks at Marvel being trashcanned, I am not buying it.

What was act 1? I guess there really isn't an act 1 and they just said ANAD was act 2 so they could act like any of this was planned

Literally everything the company published prior to Act 2.

All according to plan.

Act 6 will rise like the phoenix, is planned since claremont´s dark phoenix saga

>>“When Jason pitched the concept of the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers at an editorial retreat, everyone in the room’s jaw dropped,” Alonso says. “Not just the roster and details, but the concept driving it. That’s saying something. I think he’s caught lightning in a bottle with this team, I truly do. We have big plans for them.”

>Translation: "We didn't know what to do for Legacy so we scouted all the offices and found Aaron's Cavengers short story and claimed it to a big event gamechanger issue"

Secret War?

They are probably delusional enough to think that adding Jean Grey to the Avengers will make the title sell well.

Bendis' or Hickman's?

Most of the legacies happened before Secret Wars 2015

Taking a fun, silly concept and turning it into THE MOST IMPORTANT MARVEL STORY THAT WILL DRIVES YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT is the kind of shitty idea that now defines the company.

Is Marvel just ironically publishing at this point? Like this just reads as comedy.

IT WILL BREAK THE INTERNET!!!!

The head of financial dept's interview was funnier desu. But this act thing did get a chuckle ot of me

>it was our k-keikau all along, h-ha-ha

>2035
That would explain why all my pre-orders are in that year.

I don't know where else to ask, but has America been storytimed yet?

>Johns: We understand we tried too many new things all at once and we lost some of what makes DC itself along the way. Well we're sorry and we're going to focus on making and getting enjoyable DC comics to our customers and retailers.
>Alonso: Y'all niggas don't understand. This is all happening like we wanted all along. We're playing 5D chess here, faggots. Also, I can say nigga because Marvel and hip-hop are one. Have you seen our covers? Sick, right? So in a way, I'm black. Just like I'm also Korean because my wife is Korean. Sup.

Why did cho turn to shit as soon as he turned into he hulk?

Reminder that Alonso is a DC sleeper agent and this is on purpose

>All your favorites are back!
>Thor still has the axe while Jane punches her way through people for saying feminist like it's a $#%* word
>Legacy was totally the next event after SE but got revamped as a Rebirth rip-off that fails to even copy it in the slightest
>EVERY ISSUE IS AN EVENT

Dear Marvel, can you make a comic about teen angst + minorities + skate boards + hip hop + memes and reddit?

>Odin wielded Mjolnir before Thor,
I fucking hate Aaron, everything he writes is about the fucking hammer

because he was a different kind of character, it was like giving jimmy olsen superman powers for more than a couple issues.

To my knowledge, no

>“When Jason pitched the concept of the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers at an editorial retreat, everyone in the room’s jaw dropped,”
>"We couldn't believe how stupid it was"

>We were only pretending to be retarded!

>"Also, Herc is 100% always straight and all that homolust in his last solo is just something you readers made up"

If Marvel spent as much time making comics as they do writing press interview questions and paying media outlets to shill their rags we could be getting okay material.

They should've just made Cavengers an elseworld desu

>"We realized that Secret Empire was a fairly dark story compared to our usual events, so we decided to do a book that's not so serious, The CAvengers."
Marvel, hire us for your PR team. We can't do any worse than the one you have right now.

Just because Marvel's fucking up doesn't mean DC didn't have a five year span of editors looking at you like you were trying to recite showtunes in Mandarin every time they got asked about their questionable New 52 choices

I think that it's time for marvel to bow out of comics and just become an IP source for Disney.

Their comics ARE an IP source for disney.

ALL comics are just ip farms or creators looking to have their idea be turned into a show/movie.

How is CHulk anyways?

Considering they let Sup Forums's fake letter get on Amercia's letter page, you're not one.

>just become an IP source for Disney.
lol
Why do you think they've been pushing all of these minority characters? It's not social justice or some inflated sense of righteousness, they're insuring that they have enough minorities in future movies.

That's not how it works. Marvel Comics itself still has to be profitable on its own. If it was just about producing ideas then that wouldn't matter.

>Axel "I like equality for women but I'm not a feminazi" Alonso

Stop trying to make Cavengers a thing.

I believe that's called Not Brand Ech

On top of that, someone who had his face literally took over the country. How does one ever keep a low profile just walking around in plain sight after that?

Nothing will happen for at least the next year and a half.
Not until Marvel milks the large anniversary numbers dry.

>Sam Wilson as Captain America
>The return of the classic characters was inevitable, of course. We knew that,
Did you really know that? Did you? Because you all spent a long ass time hyping up Sam Wilson as the one true Captain America. Even in Secret Empire you implied that Sam was meant to be the one true Cap and pushed him as so every chance.
And now he's being demoted to Falcon. Was that really part of your plan? Was it?

This actually is a really brilliant marketing strategy. They take away all their famous characters which makes people miss them and then they bring them back which causing everyone to hype them up and buy their comics because it's a bigger deal.

Alex Ross posted this and took it down a few minutes later. Is there hope?

Odin isn't living in a cave
I don't think iron-fist lives in a cave
The phoenix might be living in a cave
Doctor strange isn't living in a cave
Black partner might live in a cave?
Ghost rider probably lives in hell.
I don't know about the hulk.

Not really, pretty much a given Bendis will write it.

Why'd he take it down?

Go away, Axel

What nigger will he have sue leave reed for?

>cave-men
>Avengers
it was a thing before it was even a thing

is that even a question?

the brand new one that was always there and somehow smarter than reed ever was. Blue marvel who's that?

>the brand new one that was always there and somehow smarter than reed ever was

Nobody says he was smarter, he was just smart.

jesus anons, my posts almost always get ignored, but when I post about bendis hate and cucking, you can't hold yourselves, can you?

Why do I get the feeling that this is just going to be a shittier version of Marvel 1602?

make better non-bait posts, then

>1602 had Neil Gaiman
>This one has Aaron

It wasn't a bait post, it was a genuine question. But it's interesting to see what Sup Forums goes for.

>my racebait cuckpost wasn't bait
whatever helps you sleep at night I guess

>implying you can't see bendis literally doing it
A likely prediction ain't bait.

Heard the same about Silk, look how that turned out.

just because real life often matches bait doesn't make it not-bait

>Alienate fans until they leave
>"Comic back were always a white boys club, were changing that"
>Sales tank hard
>"G-guys were bringing them back! It was always part of our plan!"
>They don't come back

Wow what a brilliant marketing strategy.

>it's ok that our books have been shit for years now because we were being retarded on purpose
Holy shit.

what's a silk?

A Bendis oc