This seems like a possibility. What happens if they tie at 269?

This seems like a possibility. What happens if they tie at 269?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fob-AGgZn44
realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ut/utah_trump_vs_clinton-5834.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0-RQm_PjkXI
insidesources.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/InsideSources-NH-Journal-Poll-10.31.16-a.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Death match.

SUDDEN DEATHHHH

Trump/Kaine.

>red NH
FACTS, NIGGA, DO YOU HAVE A SINGLE ONE?

Duel on the White House lawn

>NH goes red
>Maine 2nd district doesn't

Yeah nah

>NH in your id
>thut (thot)
DEADASS MY DUDE

Yeah, but Trump is splitting Maine, so Trump wins according to this.

President McMuffin happens and we all fucking die under the neocon death squads.

Actual answer here. The House of Representatives votes for the next president if neither candidate reaches 270 electoral votes. The house is currently republican controlled, so it's safe to assume that Trump would win.

Or they all get together and decide Trump is a fucking trainwreck and just elect Jeb.

There's no way that Utah is going red.
Utah will be blue
NH and AZ might also go blue.

MI, WI, and MN could go red.
PA could go red.
ME is split, it's a weird state where Trump will get half.

>What happens if they tie at 269?
The greatest happening since the fall of the USSR.

I'm still #JebTrain

>MI, WI, and MN could go red

Actually none of those states will go red.

votes are being counted as fractions, please watch

youtube.com/watch?v=Fob-AGgZn44

Hillary is literally in third place in a lot of Utah polls, next to Trump and McNuffin. Trump is winning the state with roughly a third of the vote to McMuffin's 24 or so.

>What happens if they tie at 269?

Well, if that question is "who wins the presidency", the answer is Trump, because if no one reaches 270 the house of reps gets to decide who is President and It's Republican controlled

But you can be fucking SURE there would be riots in the streets all across America for weeks if Trump won via congress appointing him

You forgot Maine 2nd district, Kek
A tie will never happen

How many fucking times are we gonna have this same exact thread?

>utah will go blue

You know, its really easy to google "state name poll"

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ut/utah_trump_vs_clinton-5834.html

Actually it's the NEXT house. Not the current house. So unless Republicans maintain their control of the House through the election, it could go to Clinton on a tie.

The house decides the president. Each state gets a single vote, 26+ wins. Must select from the three candidates with the most electoral college votes.

The senate decides the vice president. Each senator gets a single vote, 51+ wins. Must select from the two candidates with the most electoral college votes.

The Senate gets to pick the VP too.
If they don't pick someone by March 4, then Biden becomes President.

Technically the House (and Senate) doesn't have to pick someone who actually ran either, though I suspect they would do so to avoid a crisis.

However in practice some of the electors at liberty (from states without Faithlessness laws) would likely flip their vote if that was a real possibility.

I didnt know how Maine worked.

This is best case scenario for Trump I think.

Goes to Congress

The next house will also be majority republican, even in Nate Shitter's "worst case scenario"
The problem is losing the senate.

The house is pretty safe. The senate is more of an isssue, which means that a Dem vice might get possibly picked with a Republican president.

Agree completely. The LDS Church controls Utah. The would NEVER sanction a Hillary Clinton Presidency for the reasons of Pro-Life stance alone. Same thing with South Central PA which has a sizeable White Protestant population

Nah it's the current house that makes the vote not the one that is due to be elected in.

That would be fun. From what I can gather that used to be the way things ended up a lot before the 12th amendment, since the 2nd-place candidate became VP.

UNSTUMPABLE

civil war 2.0 red vs blue states with Obama as the cheerleader

I'm confident second district goes red
NH has a good chance of going red

Each state gets two electoral college votes, plus one for every congressional district they have

In Maine and Nebraska the votes are not awarded on a winner take all basis, the winner of the state gets the two votes but each congressional districts vote is separate

So Clinton can win Maine, but Trump might beat her in Maine's second congressional district, which is more rural and favourable to him (polling has him leading there I think).

The reverse is unlikely to happen for Clinton in Nebraska, although it did happen in 2008 for Obama.

I think PA will go red

because polls?

In a perfect world, user.

That might actually be pretty damn cool. The whole damn point of the pre-12th amendment executive branch appears to have been something like a shadow government.

That's not correct. Congress doesn't settle the election until January, after the new Congressmen take office. See the 20th Amendment.

congress picks jeb or some shit

He's doing better in Colorado than he is in New Hampshire. What makes you think he's winning New Hampshire?

I would personally welcome riots in the streets and military called in to mow down democrats.
youtube.com/watch?v=0-RQm_PjkXI

It would be sexier if they took the 2 out to make it 69

New poll has Trump leading in NH + rising in others, better than CO

>live free or die state
>voting for clinton
nope

no they can only vote for someone who actually won a state

i think everyone here is forgetting nevada. isn't he down by a decent amount there? that'll fuck him over.

imagine the shitposting if this happens

IMAGINE

Yeah, but what's the sample size? Margin of error? What are Trump's averages in those states?
They easily went for Obama. What makes you think he'll win in New Hampshire?

Clinton has a 1.5 lead in Nevada.

I came up with exactly this last night. Actually how I think it will likely turn out. To win Trump needs a miracle in one of these blue states and can't fuck up a single red state.

both candidates pull down their pants and whoever has the bigger dick wins in this situation

I figure it would defer to the popular vote. Which would mean checking how many dead people voted as well

In this case do you mean "shadow government" in the same way as there's a "shadow cabinet" in opposition in parliamentary systems, or do you mean it in the "hidden underground real rulers" sense?

keep me maga'd

you naive fool.

This

insidesources.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/InsideSources-NH-Journal-Poll-10.31.16-a.pdf

>408 sampled

Yeah, nah. Trump is too far behind.

Yes, that is certainly a normal size for a state poll.

Im pretty sure the normal size is 1000.

No, both are common. 1,000 = +/-3% and 400 = +/-5%

SLOW AND STEADY

can the skeleton be replaced with a little trump?

PA's going red.

They filp a coin, whoever wins becomes president and the loser becomes vice-president

lol.

then trump becomes president
in the event of a tie the senate votes, which is majority republican

>there are people on Sup Forums who dont already know this

trump would win because of the popular vote

It would have to be between Trump/Clinton unless one brave elector decides to deflect and vote for Jeb! Or Johnson manages to get an electoral vote. If no one gets to 270, the House of Reps has to choose the President from the top three electoral vote getters. Not just whoever they want.

The interesting thing is, its one vote per state. So through backdoor colluding, I am sure that even some blue states in the electoral math could swing towards Trump. I believe the vote by the US Reps has to be a 2/3rd or 60% majority, or else the VP becomes acting President

Which is even more interesting because the INCOMING Senate chooses the VP. We could have a Trump/Kaine scenario or even a Biden/Kaine scenario depending on whether or not SCOTUS decides to step in and interpret the 12th Amendment. Personally, I think if the electoral math was this close, then the Republicans would not lose the Senate, meaning we would at least have Pence to clean up this mess if the House of Reps ends up deadlocked.

And lots of states have laws that barr an elector from changing their vote/not voting along with their assigned region. But we all saw that didn't matter for shit in 2000 when one abstained.

tl;dr barring some genius double cross by an elector and a miracle takeover by the Democrats, we'd have Trump/Pence

Yes, right, I mean in the sense of a shadow cabinet. Little late at night for me.

But thats wrong, retard. Incoming Senate chooses VP, not President, and the polls prove that Democrats could win or get a tie in which case the current VP is the tiebreaker.

House picks the President but I believe they have to get to 60% not 50%. But thats on a one-vote-per-state basis so 60% isn't that hard.

Look it up.