New Super-Man

What does it mean?

Justice League of China incoming.

Has to be JLC or maybe something happens in imperitous lex or oz effect that warrants one last arc.

>this gets cancelled
>trash like Harley Quinn and Suicide Squad still have healthy sales

Why do DC comic fans have such bad taste? It's their fault DCYou bombed as well which had some great books

Aw fuck yeah I'm excited

Hey, this was the only DC title I was even pulling, don't blame me.

Wait, I lied. I forgot I had Cave Carson pulled too. THAT ends this week too though, so pic related.

JLC

OH SHIT HELL YEAH

>36 likes

Its so funny to me that thousands of people complain about diversity and yet none of them are paying attention to this book because Marvel has brainwashed them to hate DC.

Isn't that continuing after the crossover? I assumed that Shade would die before it but that is apparently going past the Milk thing

"Diversity" means "black," don't you know? Asians and Hispanics don't mean shit to SJWs.

Based Yang is gonna surprise us all by launching 中华正义联盟

I had this on my pull list and I'm just as upset.

Goes to show people don't care about minorities in comics unless they are _____-American quirky queer grown women acting like teenagers.

It also hurts to see shit like Squirrel Girl get critical acclaim while stuff like Super-Man, which is really thought provoking and has a lot of interesting stuff about Chinese culture, just go unnoticed.

It's true, if they cared about us Latinos and Hispanic America would have never been written by Rivera.

JUSTICE
LEAGUE
CHINA

I find it hilarious that nearly all of the people criticizing her twitter are hispaniards calling her "whitewashed" and "disowning" her, then she goes and acts like it's "white raysises" when no whites are even reading the comic.

This book is pure gold

>thought provoking and has a lot of interesting stuff about Chinese culture
Someone post the octogram S page please

should relaunch it as New Bat-Man

Oh hell to the fuck yes! Now aqua man of china gets his time to shine!

oh please oh please oh please

>tfw you miss Doomed
>tfw you know he'll never be seen again

I think there is a subtle movement in DC to slowly replace Aquaman with a woman. First the Aquawoman in Multiversity, then Mera in the league, now Metal has a chick as Aqua-Batman
Basically what I'm saying is I want Aqua-Man of China to be a dragon lady, metaphorically, mystically, and literally.

I like Chinese Flash and Batman, I really, really like them.

DC needs to lock up Yang as exclusive if he's willing. Seems like a cool dude and he's a great writer

This, but I think Yang likes his indie work a little too much
>yfw they give Yang something on Vertigo

Cape comic fans generally have bad taste because they are characterfags and don't like to leave their comfort zone. Harley Quinn provides "comfy" fun but a book about a Chinese boy is "not muh Superman"

New trinity.

yang would never stop producing his personal works to get an exclusive doing capeshit

capeshit is a side gig for him that is much less profitable than prestige works that get bought by schools and shit

"Exclusive" for the Big Two just means you can't work for the other company, or so I thought. Lemire was exclusive to Marvel but he was doing Valiant and Image stuff on the side.

>But then--!
Hell yeah, motherfucker.

Who would you add to the Justice League of China?

I'd steal Ryan Choi from the JLA and Cassandra Cain from the Bat family

On a podcast he said that the two cape runs that had the biggest impact on him growing up were Alan Grant's Detective Comics and Justice League International. He seems like a solid guy to keep around.

I really like New Superman but I think I got into too late. DC really just doesn't advertise their books. They need to reach out more and show some stuff off too more people.

>just tossing in any Asian you can find
That's beneath you, user.

This ain't War Machine's funeral.

Trips of truth. Doomed would have been fun with current Lobdell.

He's got fine taste.

It worked for a variant cover, but that's it

I was just happy to see Grace in any capacity.

>my thread still alive
Neat.

Cyb-Org of China when?

The complainers have never and will never read comics

he does have the better waifu

I don't read the book, and I assume they appear, but you'd have to poach some of the great 10.

Ryan Choi and Cassandra Cain are both Chinese

DC changed their exclusives to include creator-owned stuff, if you read the releases they all mention Vertigo as part of it

J L C
L
C

What ever happened to Kevin? He hasn't showed up since Nu52 JLI I think.

>cared about us Latinos and Hispanic America would have never been written by Rivera.
But they got a non-fiction writer for black panther and bendis for Riri. If they cared, that wouldn't have happened either

Kevin Kho was just in Giffen's Blue Beetle

It was a very long, boring and drawn out arc with ugly art

Giffen brought him back for Blue Beetle.

>Hispanics
Did you fall asleep during the last election?
>Asians
They got an actor to leave a movie because they bitched about whitewashing a half white character, only to get a full asian actor who isn't even japanese and they're planning on making beast boy asian. You can argue whether they don't care as much, but don't pretend they aren't exempt from this sjw shit. Do you think the sjws who bitched about ironfist care about actual comics? NO, just live action shit. every.single.time.

Ah, I stopped reading Blue Beetle as it was literally going nowhere and I lost interest.

This and Darkwing were the only books I was pulling. If Gene doesn't continue in some way, I'll probably just pull RHatO.

Cass is only half, and that isn't really the point anyway. Throwing in random Chinese (or Asian) characters just because they're Chinese (or Asian) isn't the way this should be handled.

Yeah that's the Marvel Method

It works sometimes.

No ones clamoring for Duke Thomas like they did for Miles. sjws don't really care about what DC does, but will make a big deal about anything just slightly more mainstream: Marvel comics and live action adaptations. Not even Hellboy is safe. Look at where their priorities are via "likes"
and look at that, the last one was retweeted by a Marvel writer.

You could replace sjw with Sup Forums in your post and it would be just as valid.

Ryan is literally from China though and just studying in the US. It's less forced than the Flash girl.

Good. DC can afford to have 1 or 2 (this and Cyborg) low selling main line books especially considering Marvel has literally 10+ that sell worse than NSM

He's a brand new diversity character that is pretty much universally loved by all the fanbase and critics alike, from tumblr to reddit to Sup Forums.

Not to mention the movie potential (though they'd have to tone down the anti-government sentiment a bit to actually get it into China) so even with low sales WB should tell DC to keep it going.

DC should be pushing the shit out of low selling books like New Super-Man and Red Hood and the Outlaws that have great critical and fan reception. Instead it's nothing but Batman ads or videos.

>Justice League International
Damn, now I want to see him on a new JLI book. After Mark Russell

JL China featuring the Chinese Green Lantern. Chinese Green Lantern is now the 7th green lantern of Earth and will have a tie-in on helping stop Volthoom with the other Green Lanterns of Earth
Probably not but I really want this

No more human GLs

Please, no more

They do have that Hard-Light Academy
It could be a rip-off GL

I thought I was weird they mentioned that GL academy. Wonder-Woman is already green, and we don't really need one

No. Orlando, Seeley, Abnett, Tynion still write for Boom and Dark Horse. It's just "don't write for Marvel and Image".

how about the Russian Green Lantern that Kyle trained that was never mentioned again because Johns is dumb?

and Seeley was still allowed to finish Revival at Image (though that was lackluster).
His new miniseries is at Vertigo though

So did they change any of the awful Vertigo policies that made people leave for Image or just tell people they can' work with them?

Guessing the later.

DCYou was really good and it's a damned shame that it never got the readership it deserved.

What awful Vertigo policies? It seems like titles from at least 2013 onwards are owned by the creator, like how Paul Cornell is continuing Saucer Country at IDW right now.

>It could be a rip-off GL
tfw Jade Lantern

>Hard light Academy will feature Yellow Costumes with green highlights, bc China would end up training sinestro corp

well Wonder Woman and Superman share a color scheme on the actual JL

I bet #18 was the end but he's being asked to write a follow-up story to set up JLC as it's own book, while I'd like to have New Super-man and JL of China to have separate books so we get more stories from this, just having these characters around for longer is great, Justice League of China is almost definitely happening, even if it means New-Superman is getting cancelled.

Quite the opposite. It's kinda Marvel's fault. They saw NEW Super-Man and thought it was another diversity replacement.

Tubby and Snakefu meeting Bruce and Diana when?

Funnily enough one of those did actually show up in Aqua Man of all comics. He was called Warhead and was designed as the Chinese Cyborg, but intended for military use instead of being part of the JLC.

...Hey, yeah, what gives with that?

I just realized that Ryan Choi is taking a photo in Dr Light's hand

I'm down with this

best boy was too pure to live

DC should be translating the trades for sale in Taiwan, the Chinese market, Hong Kong, Shanghai (sp?) and pretty much also translate them for South Korea and Japan as well, even if they have to change pieces of it for just the mainland market (they wouldn't for Japan, Taiwan or South Korea and not translating them would probably be better for sales there).

Once they establish the demand, they should shoot the movie. Then reissue these trades and do a volume 2.

Have you thanked Didio, Sup Forums?

Russell doesn't want to do super heroes

Some of DC You was good. Stuff like Bat Mite was crap. It got hurt by the marketing that tied DC You with the rest of the New 52 (which didn't actually get branded the way the New 52 went on every issue), with the depowered Superman, the amnesiac Bruce Wayne being replaced by Armor Bats Mohawk Gordan, etc. etc.

Hm, would it sell?

How big is the superhero comics market over there?

>Russell doesn't want to do super heroes
That's a shame, his Booster Gold/Flintstones issue was what made me think he'd be fucking perfect for a JLI book.

I think this book might be something that would be absolutely gutted by Government censors if it tried to get published in China.

You mean Jim Lee this time

>Anya was given a power ring and agreed to join with Rayner and others to form his new Corps, however, after a disastrous mission and a betrayal, Kyle decided to disband his self-proclaimed Corp, take back the rings and return to Earth.

It would sell in China.

Wonder Woman made like 75 million and it's not like she's Spider-Man or a better known (for that market) hero.

Then skip the mainland. Not sure if Hong Kong has to go through censorship, but it would definitely sell in Japan very well, and possibly in North Korea. They could do one translation for Japan and one for Taiwan and see how it goes.

true that

Heck yeah man
China just loves big shiny action movies. Make a big action movie, market it as one.

They're Chinese characters with ties to the actual Justice League

>everyone saying JLC
JLC is dead.
But it'll evolve into JLI. Blue Beetle ends just after NSM and Booster is getting reintroduced in Superman.
So we'll either get Blue and Gold or we'll get JLI featuring Kenan as their Superman plus Blue and Gold and the JLC in supporting roles

As much as I hate the "LE REPLACE EVERY HERO WITH LE MINORITY" shit going on... this was done correctly.

They didn't -actually- replace Superman with shit, and within the context of the universe, it would make sense that other superpowers besides "america" would want to develop their own teams of superhumans, in regards to domestic, international, and SUPAH-INTERGALACTIC-MULTIVERSAL problems.

Oh hey, it's Bat-Rider No, not that one, the other one

>Riders
>in China
Everyone knows who the real big superhero in China is

>not muh Superman
There's no reason to feel this way towards Kenan, though. He was never meant to replace Superman, any version of him at all, he's just a guy with the same powers doing other shit on the other side of the world.

DC only signs garbage to exclusives now.

>Booster is getting reintroduced in Superman.
what?????????/