Only character I'd give a fuck about with Marvel Legacy. Bring him back, or I don't really care

Only character I'd give a fuck about with Marvel Legacy. Bring him back, or I don't really care.

He's too much Charles and Erik now

He's only been dead a year, give it a bit more time. They'll bring him back eventually.

Leave him dead: Marvel wanted Cyke to go down as a villain, but that kind of backfired. In death, he's free from bad stories and editorial bullshit, and he can remain a giant middle finger to the company.

he died from getting too much character development for a comic book character. thats a medal of honor.
let him rest, and let Emma move on and fuck another man.

Nobody cares that you don't care. Let him rot a little bit more.

DESU this may sound like fanfiction, but I really wanted closure for the character. Just one shot of him entering heaven or some shit surrounded by loved ones(jean, logan, and Charles).

If Scott comes back, the only way I see him working tbqh is as sort of a more heroic version of IDW Megatron.

What I mean by that is that Scott in recent years has been at both his best and worst. He has saved the mutant and human race multiple times, become a better leader of mutants than any other figurehead before him, perhaps even after him. Yet, at the same time, Scott has never been worse than his current self in some regards. He has created teams which exist soley for the purpose of killing, approved of missions which have resulted in great harm being done to both himself and his friends, and helped push away those who loved and cared for him.

So, when he comes back, I'd just love to see where he went from there. He's done his duty, the mutant race is saved and the X-Men under new, albeit, weaker leadership. What I'd like to see next is essentially, what I think X-Factor should have been. For the first in his life, Scott doesn't know what he is, but he wants to be a hero.

In this hypothetical run with this character, I would give him a group of other disgruntled X-Men, former and current. As Scott lead and mentor this team as he tries to be what he percieves to be a hero and leave the the person he was behind.

My dream line up of the team he was leading would be:

>Hope Summers
>Nate Grey
>Magik
>Hellion
>Surge
>Elixir

This is not a good enough list. You can do better than this.

>that lineup
>no Rachel
Apply yourself

>Cyke not brought back for Legacy
>Cyke fags stop pretending to like X-Men forever

Wins all around!

Seriously, go read fucking Captain America or whatever. It's the same shitty plot armor character only he's less whiny.

Really, I could see that lineup really working.

See, Scott due to the actions, Post M-Day has fucked up quite a lot of the New X-Men and Hope. To me, X-23, Surge, Hellion and Elixir were the ones who suffered the most, mentally and physically. Now, as Laura's being getting a lot of attention lately, maybe not good attention, but attention none the less.

Now, Elixir, Hellion and Surge on the other hand have been pretty fucked over in regards to character devolpment despite there being so much potential for it. So, having Scott mentor them is sort of him trying to redeem himself, both in his eyes and in the eyes of those three.

As for Hope, she is a character similar to Scott. She is an event character who has now completed her duty. She like Scott is trying to find a new purpose and goes along with Scott as although they don't like each other, she thinks he has a plan.

As for X-Man, well, we need more Nate in our comics. I would also like to see Scott and Nate grow a unique sort of bond. A bond where Scott confides and seeks Nate's advice and help, due to Nate's viewpoint as a Shaman while Nate devolps a unique respect and intimate knowledge of his father, seeing Scott as the man he is, rather than the messiah/devil, others see him as Even after, or perhaps because of the fact he learned of Scott Nate sees him as one of the greatest men in the world

Magik would be on the team, due to the fact that I'd say in the current years, she found Scott to be an interesting person and she would be very interested to see what he would do next. Illya would also not disguise the more inhuman aspects of her nature as she feels that Scott would be more accepting of it.

Oh, Rachel would play a part in the book. However, she wouldn't be part of the team. She'd be a guest character who would show up twice, or thrice a year, greatly impacting the story, as would Havok, Emma, Cable and Adam X.

I'm just telling you it's not good enough man. There is no romance on this team and Hope Summers is a terrible PoV character for younger readers. It's imbalanced towards Summers family drama. Plus no bruiser and a lot of characters with big powers.

They should replace him with a female version of him.

Not OP but I don't want him to be gone for five years like Charles or four like Logan (so far). Atleast with Logan his fans get OML who is basically the same, Scott is replaced with faggy teen Scott.

Eh...

Romance, I would, per typical X-Men fashion, have a love triangle. The members of it would be Hellion, Surge and Elixir. I'd tease Scott/Magik, the only good thing to come out of Bendis' abomination of a run.

As for Hope, she wouldn't be the PoV character. I don't think I said she would be. In fact, I would have the three main PoV characters be Surge, Hellion and Scott. Mainly because the first two are the easiest to write and the third is sorta the main character/favourite 60s-80s mainline X-Man.

As for the Summers family drama, I can understand that and in some respects you are right. This book, due to the fact it would revolve around Scott would be based on Summer's family drama. However, I do think there are other things that can be done. For example, the New X-Men and Emma can get some sort of closure for their relationships. Elixir could bond with the girl who he last saw as a child and who thought of him as a friend. Magik can actually be something other than the 'School Bus' as she and Nate's connection to magic can play off each other. Surge, Elixir and Hellion can finally devolp as characters again.

As for the power sets you are right. Cyclops' optic blasts are powerful. Hope's power mimicry is powerful, but I have plans on how to edit her powerset, which also serves a commentary about her character. Hellion is decently powerful, but he is not exactly stable, same with Magik, and as a result they can cause problems as much as solve them. Elixir is also going to have a lot of hangups about his powers and Nate has been seriously nerfed already so there's that. As for heavy hitters, getting hit by something at the speed of lightning is going to hurt, so Surge fits the role of Bruiser okay.

I might add in Armour a bit latter to balance things out a bit, thinking about it.

This is steps in the right direction but don't forget that Magik is literally a hell-lord and has the solution set of Teleport everyone to Limbo->Auto-Win button. Consider that a Bruiser is there to get hit as much as too hit. Also this concept isn't friendly to the 'Everyone's comic is their first' concept. Consider that you want an 11 yo or 12 yo to pick up this book and decide to devote their life to X-Faggotry, you aren't giving anything for the kids.

>give it a bit more time. They'll bring him back eventually.

See here's the thing. I don't want to. I know they're going to undo a lot of shit that pisses me off sooner or later but honestly I don't see why I should stick it out in the meantime. And more the point the fact that it's all going to get undone anyways is part of the problem. Why should I care if Marvel doesn't.

Have him come back and just try to be normal. He sees that he did end up saving the world but a part of him doubts if he did the right thing so he goes low key. Probably doesn't even want to be a hero anymore but he can't turn it off. Play up the fact that even if he's revived he's still getting old. Shit, I bet if they gave him some grey streaks that extend along the axis of his visor it would be dope. It could be some weird meta book with his watching and judging the rest of the marvel universe while he does street level stuff and builds his life.

Yeah, I can see the issue and in some respects you are right. As for Magik teleporting people to Limbo... I am going to go the Claremont and Simonson route with that. Which is that even though she is the queen of Limbo, Magik is going to have to fight to maintain control of it. Dumping someone in there could actually cause much more harm then god in the long run. As for the Bruiser you are right. After the first arc, I'd probably add in Armour to fill that role.

As for the concept of 'First comic', I'd say this. You are right in the respect that this revolves around continuity. However, I'd try and make it as inviting as humanly possible. That's why I want to use Surge and Hellion as the audience surrogates. Mainly because they don't have a lot of history, all things considered. Therefore, introducing the characters and their powers would be easy as Surge and Hellion don't have that much experience with them.

I'd also take a page out of Jim Shooter's book and try to write most issues to be first time friendly. I'd also copy a bit from MTME in terms of the writing, by referencing previous events that characters have been involved in but make it so the readers don't have to know the specifics of the events themselves.

Not him but I liked his team.

Illyana was 'hurt' recently and she can't teleport anymore. I love her but the this nerf could be good thing in the end, and also, after that new protegee stuff and the weird Limbo portals and well, the fucking last big reset, they could nerf Limbo as well.

So no more bus driver illyana and more blackbird chat, maybe she could slowly regain her teleport but more to Blink levels, even if she's much slower, that would require smart use of stepping disks as traps and other tricks) and definitely no time travel, she's also getting much better in magic and incantations without appealing to Limbo and her personality is fun

>Let Emma fuck young Cyclops
Fixed

Now that you mentioned, remember the "mind upload" shit jean did with Xavier when Cassandra Nova striked? holy fuck, imagine Emma having Scott's mind saved in her+the cuckoos shared mindscape only waiting to eventally upload him on Youngclops

Oh, she was hurt recently in Gold? I have to say, I haven't been keeping up with it as after about the first three issues, I gave up on it. As for the Magic side of thing, that is great.

I honestly loved the magic side of the X-Men mythos so, focusing on that rather than the science fiction aspects of the franchise appeal to me.

I agree with this. Until they're willing to play ball and actually make him the heroic leader of the X-Men again there's no point in bringing him back.

Let him rest. Else he will be brought back to suffer the same fate as SE Cap and be defeated by Teen Scott for Old Scott's a Hitler.

She almost did in Blue, she tried to turn boytoyclops into rightclops.

Easiest way to bring him back: Thanks to fuckery, he never really died. Instead, he was in a terragenesis coma. So he wakes up and is technically an Inhuman now, with new powers.

At the end of the mini, he 'uses up' all his juice and returns to normal Scott. Or he just goes solo for a while. (To be fair, all reboots of a character have been really bad - See Angel's weird clusterfuck of powers - and Cyclops has a straightforward ability. But there has to be SOME gimmick.)

Maybe vision-related powers? Maybe his blasts now take on the property of the energy he's exposed to, because his biology is in flux? So if he's not 'charged', he's normal for a bit.

I confess I haven't been super into X-men or Marvel for a long time but it's scary how little it resembles when I was into it. It almost feels like a whole separate continuity

To be honest with will, I still need to catch-up with secret empire, but one kind user mentioned that she was hurt trying to teleport thanks to the hydra shield covering earth and is she unable to teleport currently, not sure how long this will last

also, not sure if she's ready for a relationship, but if I would risk something, it has to be with a older man, not sure if cyke is the right guy

thanks god Bendis managed to not fuck up with her (maybe she respect her because of muh kitty), turning her into a lesbian would be so easy as a lazy 'solution'

Fucked up my post thanks to this bad phoneposting habit, sorry

>to be honest with you
>maybe HE respect her

That's... weird, I guess. I suppose it could really work to Magik's advantage though. Give her more stories about magic and what not. Not that I have any faith in the man who wrote Ink/Young X-Men. As for the relationship, I would do it in a manner of Illya having a crush on Scott, while Scott is oblivious to it for a while. When he becomes aware of it, mainly by Magik making the first move and kissing him when they are stranded in a different dimension due to magic.

After that, they would go on a couple of dates. Scott would try to figure what he felt for Illya and Illya enjoying herself. It could easily go romantic or platonic, depending on how I am feeling. Regardless, the idea of it is that around Illya, Scott would learn to be a bit more loose while Illya would slowly try and be a better person.

I always felt Scott should hook up with Psylocke. Not in any long form romantic way o anything. I just think they should have a lot of casual sex. They can be free to break it off whenever.

I think it's better if you tease it but never go the whole way. Honestly I'd like to see more Darkchilde. Scott actually hooking up with her is, while reasonable, probably not going to fly with the diversity squad when her only other established ship is Kitty.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'd do tbqh. The two of would never really hook up. It'd more be a fling which could be something more, or less depending on what happens.

That would be good actually. Just the two of them using the other as a way of comfort and relief, with no sort of romance attached, apart from perhaps some subtext.

That's my idea anyways. They come home after a mansion and we see a trail of clothes leading from the door up to a bed with them panting and exhausted after going at it like rabbits. She wanted him SUPER bad in the 90s but they basically just resolved the issue after he got married by saying she was just plain wet for him and that was it. Maybe they start to feel something more but realize it could never work and just break it off. Maybe they try it. Either way it would be better than Jean coming back into his arms.

Betsy is definitely a good option for a easy going relationship, but we need to remember that Emma is still alive and I having him "cheat" again wound not be fair, he's not that kind of man. How do we solve Emma? Do we really want to end their relationship? She devoted her life to his cause. She fucked up at the end but her intention was on par with him, she just crossed THAT line (in fact the writer killed her character but...)

As for Magik, maybe the teasing route with light humour would work, specially if we include Piotr as the overprotective brother.

It amazes me that they managed to keep the evil but no so pure dark lord russian qt virginal for so long, even if she was a relatively normal teenager regarding being girly and crazy for boys

Emma was trying to make good long before she was getting the one eye. Honestly she was better back in Gen X when she was focused on teaching. Maybe have her realize that's where she belongs. It's important to fight all the threats and aliens and whatever but she can do the most good in a class room. You can just have them go in different directions. Then while on mission in I dunno, Mojo world or the Savage Land Scott and Bets make sex happen. And it's great. And then they decide that while it was just a heat of the moment thing there's nor reason not to do it more often.

Or just have a threesome. Emma's inner circle hellfire club. Hell Betsy is a member via her father too.

The whole thing with Emma is that good or bad she's a teacher first and foremost. She has classes, her students die. That's her consistent arc. I would like to see her fight against that more.

Yeah, I think this works. Simply put, I don't think that Scott and Emma, as much as I like them as a couple would really "Work" post-resurrection. I'd like Emma, preferrably by using the New X-Men to realize that there are still kids who she can mentor and help to a brighter future, she takes becomes a guide, rather than a leader. She and Scott should still cross paths again, because they travel in similar circles, but I think that their relationship should be on hold.

As for the Psylocke thing, I'd like them to fuck and confide in each other. It's not a romance per say. It is just two people who are trying to find comfort and release in each other as Scott just feels alone and Betsy after Fantomax and Archangel is just over romance, but wants release and needs someone to talk to. Essentially, their relationship is a bit similar to Starfire and Nightwing's in outsiders. There is attraction from both sides, but there is too much shit that they have experienced to allow them to pursue romance.

I care that he doesn't care. Every bit of apathy towards Mousevel is a step towards a better industry.

Scott, Logan and Chuck are in a better place. You should be happy you don't have to see them suffer through the ordeal of being in a current Marvel comic

Bumping for discussions on Rightclops.

But then they're dragging the name of Scott even while he's dead.

No fuck off

I agree with the anons that say that he died a glorious death, backfiring on marvel's plans and being an eternal middle finger to them, but.
But!
Don't you think they can't retroactively shit on him, now that he's dead. They can very easily have heroes discover hitler-esque plans of his hidden somewhere, that he never got a chance to use.

Him being dead doesn't make him safe in the slightest.

I want to hug him.

>jean
she's coming back

>logan
logan in heaven? bwahahahah

They have already tried and it backfired really hard.
As of IvX, the only way they mention Old Scott anymore is with Youngcott rumblings in that SE tie-in.
Emma is in a worse position than Scott right now imo.