Yo oldfags

What was the climate like during Bush's campaigns? How does it compare to Trump? I don't understand how he won twice to be honest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAUcyfKESts
youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc
youtube.com/watch?v=PHyDMPNMqAg
youtube.com/watch?v=9TwuR0jCavk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gore was a faceless nobody who ran a boring campaign with Jew Lieberman as his running mate. Bush ran as a "compassionate conservative."

In 2004 Kerry came across as a doofus and a pussy, and the electorate was still in 9/11 mode.

Does the Democratic party ever win when they run a bland insider whose only credentials are "I've been in Washington for a long time"? Not since 1964, at least.

Trump's election is unique. Bushes were low points for establishmentarians, but still part of this long-reigning beige extranormality where the candidates were both vague centrists who didn't really believe in anything or have any connection to the people.

>Gore was a faceless nobody who ran a boring campaign with Jew Lieberman as his running mate.
this
>and the electorate was still in 9/11 mode.
and this, we were still in the middle of the Iraq war.

Gore picked a jew VP

fucking Chicago

Look how much better Bush's map was and he barely won. How are we supposed to win this? What's the path to victory?

same sense of emergency and impending disaster
jews infesting both sides
big promises

>What was the climate like during Bush's campaigns? How does it compare to Trump? I don't understand how he won twice to be honest
Oldfag here.
Voted for Bush twice (wasn't redpilled then, now I am)

Bush had virtually complete support from the Conservative base and the Republican party. Trump is the most divisive Republican I've ever seen. More so than McCain and Romney.

The media wasn't anywhere near as vicious as they are with Trump (mainly because they really didn't have any ammo they could use against the guy).

Bush had more overall support while Trump has less, but more fanatical support.

>using nate dirt

florida, colorado, a NE state and a "blue" state not many expected will win Trump presidency. NC being blue is a joke by the way, don't buy the bullshit

kek during the primaries, Karl Rove who ran Bush's team sent out a robocall right before the South Carolina primary saying McCain had an illegitimate black child. His adoptive daughter is dark skinned from Bangladesh lmao. McCain never recovered.

>Nate Helium

>mainly because they really didn't have any ammo they could use against the guy
They could have played up the fact that he was a Northeastern old money WASP that was role-playing as a salt of the earth Texan. Or that he was a former cokehead and alcoholic who had been charged with driving while intoxicated.

>They could have played up the fact that he was a Northeastern old money WASP that was role-playing as a salt of the earth Texan.
and risk alienating great swaths of the country.

As much as people might dismiss it, the times really have changed since then. The country has gotten way more partisan and angry.

>Or that he was a former cokehead and alcoholic who had been charged with driving while intoxicated.
even when they tried the "hurr durr drunk driving" thing he just brushed it off as "hey it was in my past. i'm clean now".

You even see how well he gets along with dems these days. That cooperation and being nice thing really helped with him.

I came to love W, but he was a fucking mess. He was seen as a rich Baseball team owning, cokehead wastoid.

basically, Bush successfully projected a "likability" and Gore came off exactly as you'd expect someone to come off after being VP for eight years under Bill Clinton. an arrogant blowhard

in 2004, the Iraq war had just kicked off and back then, people were naive and felt like wars were a good reason to not kick out the sitting president because it would send "the wrong message", that america lost the war.

During the first election, no one really gave a shit, they act like they did now, but the thinking goes that they were both bland establishment jackasses, the systems rigged and who gives a shit.
2004 and people were starting to wake up. Slowly, to be sure but the media was starting to question the WH lies about Iraq after years of swallowing every bullshit lie that came out of bush and Cheneys mouth. Kerry was outright boring and stiff and had no plan for Iraq. At least Bush was confident, he'll he even looked bored debating him.

Lieberman is actually doable.

The 2000 election was when this partisanship truly started. People started referring to the country as red states vs blue states, a term coined by Tim Russert of Meet the Press.

Before there used to be liberals who voted Republican and conservatives that voted with the Democratic party. Now its completely split by ideologies.

They didn't fear him in the way they fear Trump, since Trump is truly a maverick, there was no need to smear and attack Bush in the way they're doing so to Trump. Bush was firmly a part of the establishment, as was McCain and Romney.

This is the most likely victory

>The 2000 election was when this partisanship truly started.
Yeah, and it just got worse and worse. But really after the Iraq War did it go really bad. The lefties calling Bush a war criminal and the like.

>Before there used to be liberals who voted Republican and conservatives that voted with the Democratic party. Now its completely split by ideologies.
Indeed. There also used to be bipartisanship in the government. Now there isn't.

>They didn't fear him in the way they fear Trump
In 2004 after Iraq they started to.
But again, the divisiveness was in no way near what it is today.

>Bush was firmly a part of the establishment, as was McCain and Romney.
Yeah, and they didn't rock the boat anywhere near as much as Trump has.
McCain and Romney were moderates, exactly what the party thinks they need.
Which is ironic because Trump coming along gave the conservatives what the conservatives wanted. So the party doesn't support Trump as much because they see the shift in demographics.
The GOP believes it needs to go left, just not as left as the Dems to survive. A "democrat lite" party.

>what was the climate like
>Al Gore

>2000
why has no one mentions Bush "restoring honor" to the WH? that was a big campaign slogan i remember. people wanted to make sure the prez wasnt gonna be finger banging skanks in the oval office

>2004
"you dont change horses in the middle of a race" the race being the war in iraq. and they really painted kerry as a pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=oAUcyfKESts

Bush was kind of a Joke but people were sick as fuck of Clinton and his cronies. this weakened Gore significantly.

>I don't understand how he won twice to be honest
W had a fairly good tenure as gov of Texas, there was kitsch factor of have the son of a former president run for office, and Clinton fatigue that bled over to democrats in general by 2000. Also Limbaugh and conservative talk radio were at it's heights of power.

Nothing like this shit. The only crazy stuff was when Yeb helped his big brother steal Florida with Diebold voting machines. Gore didn't really give a fuck and gave up easily though. W wasn't so bad, but unfortunately he was surrounded by a Cadre of Cunts with Cheney, Pearl, Wolfowitz, etc. etc.

Bush ran as a sort of down-to-earth mainstream conservative guy who would do nice things like stop wasting our resources on foreign interventions. Seriously. Then after 9/11 he turned into Mr. PATRIOT Act neocon.

In 2004, I don't know what the fuck happened. I want to say that Kerry was just too damn unappealing and the Democrats lost it more than Bush won it, but at the same time I should probably credit the lingering post-9/11 vibe in the nation.

That fucking event, 9/11, was not particularly notable in its scale when compared with all the other tragedies that have befallen mankind in its history, but so few Americans pay attention to history or world events that America reacted as if this was the first time in world history that an attack of that magnitude had ever occurred. Bush became surrounded by a halo of pseudo-epic militarism, as if the struggle against a few thousand guys with AKs in the desert somewhere was on par with World War 2 or the face-off with the Soviet Union. "Defense" companies, I'm sure, made tons of money.

As the post-9/11 vibe started to wear off somewhat and people started to ask more questions, especially about the strange decision to invade Iraq, bit by bit even mainstream people started to realize that Bush and the neocons had probably deceived the entire country.

They reacted by electing the sophist Obama.

>The country has gotten way more partisan and angry

True that. Obama has torn this country's shit up. It's been getting worse and worse since we won the Cold War. Without even the semblance of an external threat to hold us together we've descended into the classic failure mode of all previous democracies.

Bush was a genuinely nice guy. The media still treated him like shit though. He was a drunk, a coke head, looked like a monkey (just imagine what would happen if they said the same about Obama), almost mentally retarded, illiterate, venal, a Nazi and a bloodthirsty tool of world jewry, and on and on. The mockery never ended. No respect for the office, no respect for simple difference of opinion. Now everyone acts surprised at what happened.

>no one really gave a shit, they act like they did now
Not true.
Many people were extremely butthurt when Gore lost, despite winning the popular vote.
Remember the recounts? Dade County ringing any bells?

Dems claimed the elections were rigged and Republicans called them tin-foil hatters and so on.

This election cycle really reminds me of the 2000 one.

>They could have played up the fact that he was a Northeastern old money WASP that was role-playing as a salt of the earth Texan.
This did get brought up quite often, then 9/11 happened...

>in 2004, the Iraq war had just kicked off and back then, people were naive and felt like wars were a good reason to not kick out the sitting president because it would send "the wrong message", that america lost the war.
THIS

>implying they need to smear Trump
>implying he doesn't damage himself every time he opens his mouth
wew lad

From my foreign perspective, couldn't agree more.

They did, kinda. I remember all that anyway. It just didn't fly well, for some reason. I think the left was a lot calmer then. And we didn't have the social media madness, reality show mentality or exaggerated tabloid bullshit excuse for a media back then that we have now.

>True that. Obama has torn this country's shit up. It's been getting worse and worse since we won the Cold War. Without even the semblance of an external threat to hold us together we've descended into the classic failure mode of all previous democracies.
Well the country is getting less White and the leftists have started focusing more and more on them instead of whites.
Along with cultural marxism being pushed harder.
That breeds nothing but conflict.

It's really only going to get worse.

>Bush was a genuinely nice guy. The media still treated him like shit though. He was a drunk, a coke head, looked like a monkey (just imagine what would happen if they said the same about Obama), almost mentally retarded, illiterate, venal, a Nazi and a bloodthirsty tool of world jewry, and on and on. The mockery never ended. No respect for the office, no respect for simple difference of opinion. Now everyone acts surprised at what happened.
He was a tool of the Jews but the one thing I can agree on is that he's genuinely a nice guy.

A fucking kiwi with opinions on American politics. Dog walking on its hind legs.

>painted Kerry as
pointed out the truth that Kerry was

Gore fucked up by only demanding a recount in 4 counties. He probably would have won florida on his own right with the entire state recount. The supreme court decided to stick their dicks in and play democracy with a 5-4 vote. The rest is bushstory

didnt a diebold programmer that worked for Rove suicide after getting suppoenaded for hacking election machines. most of the machines were actively connected to the internet at the tinw and running windows nt. im suprised noone has connected the fact that Rove is on team Clinton this go around.

It was pretty simple actually, Bush sounded pretty good when he was campaigning (see vid related:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

). Too bad in retrospect he was lying through his teeth.

Couple that with some minor voter fraud to overcome the party-incumbent advantage Gore had and he managed to get his foot in the door.

His second term the door was wide open, it was like 3 years after 9/11 and before everyone realized what a disaster Iraq was. John Kerry also generated 0 enthusiasm.

I was in high school during the bush presidency. I find it funny how our current Democrat led government is doing everything the edgy, leftist, counterculture kids were accusing the Bush government of doing.

>Rove is on team Clinton
What the actual fuck are you smoking you loony mother fucker

>(((Nate Silver)))

Rove wants paid. he knows who and how to rig machines. a significant amount of machines are still diebold gems machines. probably still running win 2k from the 04 upgrades.

>NV Red

I dunno about that. I think Trump NEEDS either PA or WI to win. Game over if that doesn't happen.

I was 22 when the 2000 election happened. I voted Bush. People were pretty polarized during the whole recount thing. 9/11 united us for about a week, then we started hating each other again. It's the way it's always been, pretty much.

>I dunno about that. I think Trump NEEDS either PA or WI to win.
I've heard FL and NC are his two primary "must win" states.
And of course OH, which no republican has ever lost and gone onto winning the presidency.

My favorite karl rove videos:
White board hillary health edition
youtube.com/watch?v=PHyDMPNMqAg

2012 meltdown after realizing he sucks at his job and the polls over represented Romney.
youtube.com/watch?v=9TwuR0jCavk

Hillary has pulled events from OH, NC, FL. I figure she's conceding them. I expect them to go red. We're gonna know how real this happening can be if he wins PA.

wow this post is disconnected as fuck.

How is she conceding them? I saw that article the other day too but I think its bullshit. She has 3 rallies in Florida tomorrow.

Gore = bore, 4 more years of clinton
Bush = familiar name, kickass cowboy president, 'true' (neo)conservative, nobody thought 9/11 was about to happen
2nd term = scared of 9/11, the devil you know better than the one you don't know
Kerry = scary frankenstein (somehow also a pussy despite actually going to Vietnam? that one didn't work on me)
Clinton was popular but unpopular with republicans due to sex scandals, Gore actually won the popular vote but he lacked the personal charisma that Clinton, and to a lesser extent, W.Bush possess

> CO
> red

I got bad news user.

>Hillary has pulled events from OH, NC, FL.
I don't think Hillary would ever concede FL. It's too important and it's too close to just give up.
She's ahead in NC but within the MoE.
And OH is too close to call. If she can take it, it's over for Trump.
I'd expect her to be in FL at least once more before the election. Probably in NC and OH as well. She can probably do at least two states a day from now until the election.

I personally wouldn't look into pulling events as a sign of concession.

The candidates are running around like chickens with their heads cut off at this point. Dates and locations are being shuffled around as dictated by polling and perceptions and just plain guessing.

This

Bush 1 ran against Michael Dukakis who was a manlet. Boring as fuck.

Trump is leading in NV

Philadelphia has a high chance of going red. If that happens, it's all over for the crook, no matter what NM and CO do.

People are forgetting the most important factor, the white population percentage in the US drops by 2 every election cycle

>needs WI

Ted Cruz, go home.

Isn't that the "if only taxpayers voted" map?

>Texas
>Red
Stay delusional Sup Forums

Michigan and Wisconsin will go red.

no chang thats a different map

No they're the same

It's tough.

Hard to tell. Bill Clinton was disgraced, so Gore had none of the benefits of an incumbency but all of the baggage.

Even Hillary didn't use her last name when running for the Senate. She ran as "Hillary!" just like "Jeb!" did when he wouldn't use his last name.

Bush pretended to be a born-again christian and got all the Conservatives to vote for him... that's how he won.

>Nate Polonium

I believe Trump is less behind in Michigan than presented. He could very well win that, along with NC.

Since Michigan is obviously correlated with the rest of the rust belt, it could quite easily turn into a 320 EV victory, but Michigan by itself is enough.