Are you still mad Sup Forums?

Are you still mad Sup Forums?

Yes.
First three episodes were pure kino.
Genndy's waifu should have exposed herself as a literal daughter of Aku right after the fall, chased him around while he doesn't have his sword. Then he regains his balance, regains his sword, kills the daughter of Aku, kills Aku, and never makes it back to his own time. Finds the guardian, lives out his life trying to make a better future, as prophesied.

As a long time fan, yeah. It really shot itself in the foot with how directionless it was. I get that Jack's always been episodic, but this is the conclusion, the wrap up for all of Jack's adventures. It felt extremely dull and understated.

Im mad he went back to the past instead of saving thr future and that they made her disappear. Jack deserved better

>I WUV U
Genndy is a hack, it's like the first three episodes were made by someone else. The quality drop in episode 4 and onward is insane.

Not mad, just disappointed.

I'm mad it wasn't his choice either way. The implications of changing the past were never addressed during the series, so the twist feels jarring and unearned.

It'd be like if at the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke suddenly crashed at the celebration party, muttering something about how Palpatine gave him Force cancer. It's much, much too late at this point both to introduce that kind of detail and to get that dark.

I'm more upset that Aku's defeat almost felt like an afterthought.

He technically did save the future, by ensuring it never even happened to begin with...

It felt like the series kind of forgot what it was about. Ashi is introduced and suddenly it becomes this quasi-romance adventure with her and Jack, and Jack's quest takes a back seat. Sure, it's still technically the focus, but the episodes started focusing more heavily on his relationship with Ashi than on anything else. Aku becomes an incidental character, and even the climactic fight against him is less about defeating Aku and more about saving Ashi.

Then it turns out Ashi has time-travel powers and the plot is wrapped up really quickly. All of the future characters who had JUST shown up to make a last stand are suddenly forgotten. The fact that they apparently cease to exist is never brought up, and only loosely implied by the fact that Ashi ceases to exist. Jack never spares any of these people a second thought- we had an entire episode devoted to showing how big of an impact he had on their lives and how much these people revere him and make tributes to him... but Jack seems completely unconcerned with them. They're not even an afterthought like Aku, once he gets to the past he just completely forgets them.

>kino
Is that supposed to be a reference to "cinema" in eastern European languages?

I was never mad, just disappointed. It could have and should have been so much more than it was, but I guess the years of waiting meant that expectations were unrealistically high when it was finally announced. I don't know, it's not worth being mad over, but it does kind of sour the series as a whole.

I'm always mad.
About everything.

I didn't actually watch the season, but the Korrasami levels of anger that it incited was totally worth it.

Sup Forums way of saying interesting cinematic material with some actual depth or meaning
and yeah, Kino is just Cinema over hear in Germany

>third episode
shit taste
third episode foreshadowed everything wrong with the rest of the season
everything happened too fast, Jack was mindbroken after killing a person but one short flashback happened and he's suddenly okay with it
and he absolutely SLAUGHTERS all of them, but OBVIOUSLY only Ashi survives and because PLOT he falls down the pit with her
not to mention the shitty scene with deers making out
third episode was garbage, only first two were good

Only because the ending was shit. The romance was fine, and not even that annoying.

The time-travel idea at the end, followed by really generic, non-credible paradox shenanigans was awful.

>"ASHI YOU GOT AKU'S POWERS!"
>"I DO" *WHOOSH, BACK TO THE PAST*
>Jack kills Aku just like that
Wedding
>Ashi falls
>"ASHI WHAT'S WRONG?"
>"TIME PARADOX KEK"
>*poof*
10/10 writing

Nah. Never even was mad, watching this together with all of Sup Forums was hella fun. Tumblr exploding was fun too. I can still remember how people reacted when Ashi begged Jack to kill her in the penultimate episode. Nothing can take that away, not even that ending.

Yes.
I can't believe that Genndy couldn't come up with anything better after 13 years.

I was never mad.

A lil.

>Sup Forums way
It's a Sup Forums meme and you should be ashamed of using it.

>Are you still mad?

About Ashi? Nope

About their relationship? Nope

About her getting Nia'd? Kinda

About the retcon ending? You bet your fucking ass I'm still fucking pissed!

I liked that one user's idea of future Jack flinging past Jack back out the portal to finish off Aku, maybe have two separate timelines of peace if you're into that.

To quote a great being on how to do the finale: The simplest solution is always the best. What does that mean? This: KILL AKU IN THE FUTURE AND REBUILD. I know I've said this constantly but a forest that burns down from lighting will always grow back from the ashes. Yes Aku decimated the land but everything grows back in time. Jack in the future is immortal so time isn't a problem for him. Sure it would've nerfed Ashi's demonic side but at least he would have the person who returned hope and happiness to him still by his side and helping him rebuild. Along with his friends.

That shit was the cartoon equivalent of Spiderman's One More Day.

>Only 10 episodes
>Waste a whole ep on innuendos and romance

Go on, I'm waiting for that salt

>Are you still mad Sup Forums?
Given how people keep making threads about how bad it was even if all the good and bad things about it were discussed to hell and back, yes.

Seriously, there's just no point in discussing it anymore, and the shitposts that come from it aren't even funny anymore.

>KILL AKU IN THE FUTURE AND REBUILD
That was pretty much the comic's ending. Jack and the Scotsman team up and make an army of everyone that jack has helped including a few cool bonuses like jack training 'da samurai' and go after aku's ass.

Its sad how the noncanon comic has a better ending.

>Sup Forums way of saying interesting cinematic material with some actual depth or meaning
This is a Sup Forums meme, and the actual meaning of the meme, is that something looks good, but is flat and shit in every other regard.

Redditors just thought that it meant something good because they are stupid newfags.

I've gotten over it, it was shit, but I barely feel disappointed when I'm reminded by these threads at this point.

It's just another in the long list of series revivals that should have stayed dead, now.

>muttering something about how Palpatine gave him Force cancer.
Jesus Christ kek