Wraparound Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS
Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
Variant Cover by GREG LAND
TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
BLACK AND WHITE VARIANT COVER BY JOE QUESADA
BLACK AND WHITE VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
VARIANT COVER BY AMY REEDER
EVERYTHING STARTS HERE! It begins at the dawn of the human race, and ends with a child’s prayer! In between, empires fall, mysteries brew, secrets are revealed, quests are undertaken and legends are forged! All leading up to the dramatic return you’ve been waiting for — and one you’ve been dreading!
Jason Aaron (MIGHTY THOR) and Esad Ribic (SECRET WARS) usher in a new dawn — one whose rays will touch every corner of the Marvel Universe in the days to come!
MARVEL LEGACY: It’s everything you’ve been longing for — and more!
64 PGS./ON-SHOT/Rated T+ …$5.99

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/universe/Celestials#ixzz4tHK1KYwH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This could've been just a fun one off but for some reson this has to be their next big gaming changing thing.

>All leading up to the dramatic return you’ve been waiting for — and one you’ve been dreading!
So if the latter is Jean Grey, who's the former? Because the former definitely isn't Jean Grey.

Already posted earlier with NO watermarks:

Nick Fury the Watcher, perhaps.

Can someone explain to me why Thor's Hammer landed in Puerto Rico

This could've been a nice one off observation but not brainlets feel the need to parrot this in every thread

>That metal ass

ohyeh

is sharon still a old lady or was the rectonned yet?

Maria was Worthy.

Isn't it basically just a fun one-off that they're pretending is a big game changing thing because they think that'll help it sell?

So yeah, I just read Marvel Legacy. For the most of the issue, it's just a dumb elseworlds where the Cave Avengers fight Cave Doom and a bunch of weaklings that resemble modern villains. Best part was the end though. There were some neat little pages that are, I assume, supposed to be brought back up in their own ongoings. Like Samnee Cap, Ribic Thor, etc. I really don't understand why we got those disgusting ass primer pages instead of this though. Anyway, Loki also makes an appearance talking to Gorr, asking about All-Black.

Guess who's coming back?
It's honestly just Jean. Although to be fair, she hints at old Marvel spotlights like Logan, Scott, etc. coming back. The ending hinted that the reason the Fantastic Four haven't returned is because they're actually holding something back that got awakened/created after Secret Wars. Whoever "HE" is just wants to live in the past. Reed is all about the future though. The comic ends with the FF defeated and a hand tearing through the not-source wall into our world..

Voyager replacing the wasp?

What's Cave Doom like?
Anything Iron Man related?
Are the F4 in the Unis from Ross' deleted tweet?

Probably gonna be retconned unless Steve's gonna abandon their relationship and date someone young and hot and Sharon's character will fade into the background.

I really liked the idea of Steve and Sharon being together in their golden years and leaving the next generation of heroes to it.

Shame they couldn't pick a Captain America and brought him back.

>Whoever "HE" is just wants to live in the past. Reed is all about the future though. The comic ends with the FF defeated and a hand tearing through the not-source wall into our world.

So they're doing Multiversity style stuff now? They'll inevitably fuck it up.

>AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS

Wow, hold on there Marvel, no need to go all crazy with these creative and innovative ideas!

Janet's retconned id?

>Jason, a lot has been said about what “Legacy” is about, but as one of the people defining that, what does it mean to you? And by extension, how does that come through in Marvel Legacy #1?

Jason Aaron: You’ll probably get a different reply to that from each creator you ask. I don’t think it has to boil down to one simple answer. For me, in terms of all the stuff I’m doing, and most especially the Marvel Legacy #1 one-shot, it’s about honoring the rich history of Marvel Comics, honoring the amazing roster of characters and all the ridiculously imaginative creators who’ve worked on them over the years and whose broad shoulders I’m lucky enough to get to stand on every day. But at the same time it’s about taking these characters and doing something new and exciting with them, taking them somewhere they haven’t been before.

I think that’s always the challenge when you’re working with characters who have been in continuous publication for over 50 years. How do you do something new while also honoring the past? That to me is what “Legacy” is about. It’s not about just putting big numbers back on the covers. It’s not about picking the bones of those classic stories from the past. It’s about acknowledging those stories, and playing with all the insanely amazing toys those classic creators left behind in the toybox, while using all those tools to tell the biggest, craziest new stories we can.

>How does Marvel Legacy #1 fit into the Marvel Universe as a whole?

Aaron: Marvel Legacy #1 is a huge primer for everything coming up in the Marvel Universe. We’ll touch base with more characters than I can count – more characters than I’ve ever written in one book at one time, that’s for sure. And it’s very much about the past, present, and future of the Marvel Universe. All three.

We dig deep into the past, to the Stone Age, to a previously unseen prologue to the Marvel Universe as we know it, that will ultimately prove pivotal to understanding why the Marvel U is the way it is. We visit the present day, touching base with basically every major character around the Marvel Universe. We’ll see a lot of the different versions of those characters – both Captains America, the different Thors and such. We give you a roadmap for the current landscape of the Marvel U.

Then there’s stuff that points toward the future. In the Legacy one-shot, the groundwork is laid for a few different stories that will spread out through the other books of the Marvel U in the months to come in a very big way - including the next new thing that I’ll be doing.

>You mentioned going back to the past, and I assume you’re talking about the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers – Iron Fist, the Phoenix, Agamotto, Odin, Ghost Rider, Starbrand, and Black Panther. How did you decide on the line-up for that team?

It’s a pretty easy list to come up with when you start thinking about the biggest, longest running legacy characters in the Marvel Universe. How do you put together the Caveman Avengers? Which, let me tell you, is a question I was really excited to ask. And the answer came together pretty quickly.

I’ve obviously done a lot of stuff with Odin in the pages of Thor, but he’s mostly been an antagonist for his son and for Jane Foster – which is a role he’s played a lot over the years. But one of the cool things about writing gods is that they’ve been around for so long, through a lot of different eras and incarnations. And as I’ve done with Thor, where I did stories of very different versions of Thor Odinson at various points in his life, I like the idea of exploring a different sort of Odin, at a very different period in his very long life. We get to see Odin do things we haven’t seen him do before. He was the first member I knew I wanted on this prehistoric superteam.

The other pieces of the team then fell into place quickly. I liked the Phoenix being a part of it, as well as Iron Fist – those seemed like no-brainers. I liked getting back into writing Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider was one of the first characters I had a big run on at Marvel. And Starbrand is a character we don’t see too much of these days, but who was a big part of Jonathan Hickman’s Avengers. He plays a big part in this one-shot in a couple of different eras.

There’s a reason each one of these characters is there, and there are storylines set in motion here in prehistoric times that will have ramifications for the present day counterparts of those characters.

>So I take it that means we’ll be seeing the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers again?

Aaron: Yes, we’ll definitely see them again in a huge way. This one-shot is very much a self-contained story in and of itself. As much as I can possibly make it so. That was one of my main objectives. It’s not just a prelude to something else – I wanted it to feel meaty and satisfying on its own, so there’s big stuff that happens just within these pages. But the Prehistoric Avengers will definitely be seen again. This is the beginning of a story that will play out in the months to come – I just can’t tell you where yet.

>The solicitation for Marvel Legacy #1 mentions a return that readers have been “longing for.” What can you tell us about what that means? What have readers been longing for that’s returning in Legacy?

Aaron: There’s a specific character that’s returning, but I can’t spoil anything about that.

As for what readers have been longing for, I don’t presume to be able to answer that. My job is pretty simple - I write stories ultimately for myself. That’s all I can control. I don’t write stories to please one group of people or another - I write stories I want to read, and I’m lucky enough that some of the most amazing artists in the world are tasked with drawing them.

>Fair enough. I’ll reframe that slightly – as a fan of Marvel, what have you been longing for that Marvel Legacy #1 will bring back?

Aaron: I’m not sure there’s a specific thing I’m trying to bring back to Marvel. Because I think Marvel is so much bigger than any one kind of story or character, and I’m really proud and happy about the rich diversity of titles that you see on the shelves these days. I guess I’m trying to tell the same kind of story I always wanna tell - stories that are big, insane, emotionally relevant and above all else, fun. There’s not a lot of “fun” when you turn on the news these days, regardless of your politics. There’s a lot of ugliness in the world today. I think it’s important that comics not turn a blind eye to that, that we continue to reflect the world outside our window as much as we can. But at the same time, I think it’s important now more than ever that we give readers stories that are hopeful, that make us look up to the skies in wonder again and dream of better worlds.

>Aside from that one major return, you said you’ve written more characters in Marvel Legacy #1 than you ever have before. Are there any of your favorite characters you snuck in? Who do you think people will want more of based on this one-shot?

Aaron: Hopefully it’ll be like that with the 1,000,000 B.C. Avengers, who are all new versions of the characters we know and love. Hopefully people will want to see more of them, because I’ve already started writing more of them.

Beyond that, there’s a lot going on here. There are a lot of characters getting involved in the action. I liked making Jane Foster, Sam Wilson, and Riri Williams a big part of this, as a team. And I liked writing Robbie Reyes, a version of Ghost Rider I haven’t written before. And of course the Deadpool bit was pretty wickedly fun.

There’s a lot of stuff like that in there - characters I haven’t written in a long time, or ones I’ve never written before, interacting in new ways.

>You’ve written some big events for Marvel before, but Marvel Legacy #1 is very different because it’s a single issue that tells a complete story. How do you approach telling a story on that same world-changing level in a single issue instead of a whole series?

Aaron: It’s a lot to juggle, honestly. A lot of different characters to wrangle and find a voice for. There’s a lotta big crazy stuff going on in this book. But that was always the goal for Marvel Legacy #1, for this single issue to still be a complete story.

And we’ve got this amazing murderer’s row of artists lined up on it too. It’s really a beautiful book, and I get to work with a long list of people I’ve never worked with before and have always wanted to. The whole experience has been beautifully wild.

>With so many artists working on Marvel Legacy #1, did you try to tailor each individual scene to the person drawing it?

Aaron: That’s not really something I do anyway. No matter which artist I’m working with I always just try to leave things open enough in the script that whoever the artist is they can bring their own voice and style to the table.

I think, in terms of this issue, this story, to have so many different artists involved actually works and makes story sense. We’re dealing with a lot of different characters, a lot of corners of the Marvel Universe. So if you’re going to do a page focusing on, say, Thor Odinson, it makes sense to have Russell Dauterman, the artist on The Mighty Thor, drawing that scene.

>Are there any of those artists that we can expect to see you working with in the future? Aside from Russell Dauterman who will continue drawing Mighty Thor, of course.

Yes. As a matter of fact, yeah. I can’t tell you who it is, of course, or where that will be, but I am going to be working with one of those artists on my next big thing. But I suppose that’s all I can say about that. Other than that, I continue to be as excited as a kid in a candy store when it comes to my job.

I think Janet is here but she is small

This is honestly plausible enough to be completely true.

Would have to be drawn there. It's all founding members with Voyager. Also hinting Hulk never left when Cap came.

>The comic ends with the FF defeated and a hand tearing through the not-source wall into our world..
That's what Ross' art is for, isn't it

this is a villain who actually existed a million years ago (as bacteria, with another host)

Fake n gay

Hmmm

So do you think there bringing the ff back and how do the new costumes look?

Hey, it looks like Pepe Larraz could be the next big Avengers artist. If the rumors about Aaron and Ribic Avengers are true he could be the second artist on the book. He already worked with Aaron on WatX

Most likely that the new costumes are the ones from the Alex Ross art.

So the villain is old Marvel readership who don't want the new and diverse replacements?

I know i was asking how they look with color and stuff like that.

at least it'll be nice to look at

God I hate this retcon

I fucking hate it so much I want to see marvel burn

This is fucking embarrassing

Is that Kelly Sue at the counter?

No tats

>those Iron Nips

How many pages is this $5.99 floppy?

It's not a new thing. I can't remember when it first showed up, but I know I've seen a few takes on it. Perez's might be the original. It had Wasp on Hank's finger. When that image was first released before we knew about Voyager people thought they were making Jan more prominent and retconning in a new costume for her.

Pretty sure it's 64.

I rather if they reboot her history and remove the slap.

My favorite thing about that statue is that Hulk was literally there for just the first issue and didn't reappear until much, much later.

I can see this happening, desu.

Hey, he was in the second issue too.

>Esad Ribic
Thank you Jesus.

The handle is still foreshortened as was intended by Loki. Now everything doesn't make sense again.

Fuck this trinity. Not my Legacy!
t. 90s boy

Wait a second what did i miss? Why are Thor/Odin/Mjolnir related to the Phoenix Force now?

Phoenix was on a team with Odin in 1 million BC.

Odin had an ancient fuck-buddy

Odin created Earth. Not Gaea anymore.

I need fucking proof right now

Say whatever you want but this is fucking cool

Ribic draws a pretty nice Celestial.

Larraz had a solid run on Uncanny Avengers with Duggan, and he co-drew that Ultron OGN with Remender. Definitely deserving of a good Avengers run.

>ED MCGUINNESS

whats he working on?
except for McNiven and himself all the others are doing monthlies or are doing steady Marvel work.

interested in seeing aaron's take on Robbie.

This event bothers me because I'm pretty for sure humans didn't exist a million years ago. They were still a bunch of different hominid species. They put the date back further than it needs to be because ONE MILLLLLIIIIIIOOOONNNN sounds cool. Once again proving Marvel thinks only about style rather than substance, they can't be bothered to read a little anthropology to make something NOT retarded.

The First Celestial Host.

>they have visited the Earth at four different periods in the Earth's past, each time altering the course of history. The first Celestial Host came to Earth approximately one million years ago to perform genetic tests and experimentation on Earth's highest lifeform, the nascent human being. Testing the versatility of human genes, the First Host created two sub-species of humanity, the Eternals and the Deviants. Their sole legacy to the mainstream human race was the implantation of a dormant DNA complex which would one day permit benevolent mutations.

marvel.com/universe/Celestials#ixzz4tHK1KYwH

Oh what!

More like a metaphor on how old fans are trying to hold Marvel back from the progressive future.

I get your point but this is the same company that has a secret dinosaur jungle in Antarctica.

Loki has timetravel, though.
Odin created the universe with his dad, duh. Even so, Gaea being created by Odin doesn't mean he can't fuck her.

This honestly pisses me the fuck off so much that it hurts. Why in the ever loving fuck would you butcher 2 characters' history by making some OTP bullshit up? Not only do they not fit with each other, but why the fuck would Odin need an Earth girl when he can go to literally any other realm?

Fuck everyone that thought this was a good idea.

It's more like Odin fucking the physical form of the Phoenix. Hell for all we know that is actually Phoenix which explains why she targets Red Heads.

the phoenix has to be very very nerfed for this story

I mean, this cant be the real Phoenix, it has to be a host, kinda like Excalibur Rachel

Credit where credit's due, Marvel hasn't constantly stated how this is completely different and so much better than Rebirth?

What about Zeus and the Titans? What about the Egyptians? What about the Kami? The reason why Odin apparently created the earth is because Asgardians are the most mainstream gods because of Thor. Face it. We all know Celestials are the true gods

jesus christ I didnt realize it was Agamotto. Im having really uneasy feelings about this. On one hand it looks fun and will be nice to look at. On the other, Odin created Earth, Agamotto was there, Odin has Mjolnir, Odin and the Phoenix are lovers (why did he never talk to Jean Grey or the multiple other hosts?), etc.

>Whoever "HE" is just wants to live in the past
>RRREEEEEEEEE WHY ARENT READERS LIKING OUR SHITTY NEW OCs!!!! THEY JUST HATE CHANGE REEEE!

Stay classy, Marvel.

>Another Imperial Guardsmen will be an Earth hero
But why?

is that a Shi Ar? I dont think so

It sounds very "Crises" honestly.

The Phoneix Force isnt on par with Tge First Celestial Host?

The Phoenix can delete/abort/amputate all of reality-the present if he doesnt like it, or if he finds it to be too damaged, infected for further evolution or progress.

Jean did that at the end of Morrison's run. She detected the exact moment when the universe went wrong (That was Cyclops retiring after her death to become a depressed lonely alcoholic), and sent back in time a telepathic impulse that made him make out with Emma Frost over her (Jean's) tomb. That way she created a better future.

>...In these very dark and troubled times.
OH BOY. Not even one page in.

When does this shit come out?