Why is Sup Forums taking Batman: Metal seriously when DC isn’t...

Why is Sup Forums taking Batman: Metal seriously when DC isn’t? This is very obviously meant to be a totally ridiculous event meant to be goofy, comic book fun and you guys are sucking all the joy out of it.

>i-it's supposed to be bad!!
Lousy excuse.

...it isn’t bad, though. It’s like Paul Verhoeven’s Starship Troopers. If you’re reading it expecting a serious Batman story, you’re in for a bad time.

Tell me why it's bad so far

>See, a silly concept! That means the story can't take itself seriously despite the execution and tone being all doom and gloom about the impending multiverse threat.

The Bat Family tricks the Justice League into following them into a confrontation with Swamp Thing by using magical flowers. Meanwhile, Batman’s secret plan is Baby Darkseid blasting him with the Omega Sanction. And the ultimate trap is sprung when Batman is exposed to a super secret metal called Batmanium. Do you have a sense of humor, user?

>silly concept
>implying babyseid won't be revealed to be fully aware and capable
>implying once barbatos goes down babyseid won't arch his stubby fingers going just according to keikaku

I want to see Darkseid’s entourage bending and scraping to a bored looking baby.

If I wanted silly nonesense I'd read Marvel.

>Why is Sup Forums taking Batman: Metal seriously when DC isn’t?
They're not. It's largely a couple of assblasted Mouseketeers shitting it up since Legacy and other things have been getting shit on by everyone for the past year plus.

>Red Death is a batman fused with the flash
Dc's def taking the story way to seriously. God co take a chill pill and just have fun

That's an insult to silly nonsense

>completely deranged Batman uses all of the Rogues’ weapons to take down Barry Allen
>joins with the Speed Force by strapping Barry to the front of a Cosmic Treadmill retrofitted Bat-Tank and going really fast
>serious story meant to be taken seriously

Have you ever watched a slasher movie? They can have horrific imagery too. Doesn’t detract from the camp. Rocky Horror Picture Show features a scene in which a main character’s ex-boyfriend is eaten at a dinner party. Does that mean Rocky Horror is supposed to be serious?

Over the top silly concepts has been Snyder's shtick since his Batman run. He can't execute them for shit and they come off as the same stories over and over again.

Marvel can't do silly nonsense. It can do redditpool, SJWshit disguised as silly nonsense, and stupid nonsense that thinks itself serious.

thats my point its not suppose to be serious also I'm vary verse in slash movies. Jigsaw, Victor Crowley and Cult of Chucky are some of my most anticipated movies of the fall season user kun

I apologize for coming off aggressive, and am glad to find someone else that can enjoy campy horror.

Jack Kirby comics were silly and over the top and took themselves seriously, with complete sincerity. Snyder said he's aiming for the same thing.

Does Babyseid know the path to enlightenment?

No, only the path to [H E A V E N]

SJWshit is a non-issue, stop believing in that bogeyman. You guys hyperfocus on race and project your white genocide bullshit onto everything.

That's satire moron.

>Marvel can't do silly nonsense. It can do redditpool, SJWshit disguised as silly nonsense, and stupid nonsense that thinks itself serious.
True, true

It’s still over the top and purposefully ridiculous so as to create humor.

This. The Superhero genre is by default over the top and trying to spin this into Starship troopers is ignoring that there's nothing original here.

Yikes, bro

this user has the right of it

the concepts are silly/"fun," but Snyder is a terrible writer so he flops the execution, just like he always does.

Exactly. The need to wink wink nudge nudge and act like this mess of Batman derivatives is a multiversal crisis is exactly how spider-verse went down.

Doesn't matter that it's over the top and ridiculous. It's still bad.

And the silly COMIC BOOKS shit isn't even used well. If you're going to introduce a Justice League Megazord, FUCKING USE IT. Don't have that be the cold open, you blue balling sack of crap. That had better be the subject of an entire issue. Fuck you, Snyder, you fucking hack.

Sry about your IQ, friendo

>>completely deranged Batman

I still don't get it, is that Bruce Wayne from another earth or timeline?

all the Dark Multiverse Batmen are

although Red Death Batman is a very obvious reference to TDKR Batman

Think of it as an Elseworlds that terminates before it goes anywhere since the Earths are too unstable to persist.

>although Red Death Batman is a very obvious reference to TDKR Batman
how so?

did you read the issue?
there is an entire dark/negative multiverse. it's entirely unstable, and by nature every one of it's universes is basically meant to decay and die. They all, without fail, at some point, reach a cataclysmic end where the entire universe dies.

the Red Death is a universe where Batman has gone crazy trying to stop it, and it's clear that Him and Flash are the only Leaguers left.

So batman came up with the notion that to save everyone, he needs to be everywhere at once, and so he forcefully stole the Speed force from Barry by fusing with him.

so yes, he's a Bruce Wayne from another Universe.

All of the "metal" bat-men are going to be alternate Bruce Waynes from alternate universes in the negative multiverse.

>Bat-Tank
>older, grizzled Batman
>dead Robins
>Mutants

well for starters

his comic pays some heavy nods to TDKR.

bats is older, and comments that he feels himself growing older- you have a bat tank right out of there- (and an actual interior homage shot) and you see the mutants running around when gotham becomes overrun by crime

because autistic people don't pick up on these kinds of cues

With zero storytelling and characterization.

>If I wanted silly nonsense I'd read Marvel parody

Buy all my books.

its alright

These dudes get mad that the 10,000 B.C. Avengers has a serious tone, and at the same time get mad that Metal doesn't

You guys are literally saying "just turn your brain off bro"

You'd need your brain on to get the jokes and the references

We're still talking about Metal, not Secret Empire.

yeah, Batman whipping Baby Darkseid out of his utility belt is really the thinking man's joke

Look who thinks he’s too good for Babyseid. You would obviously rather read more mature comics for mature consumers such as yourself.

if only the entire comic could live up to the concept of Batman having Babyseid in his utility belt

but this is Scott Snyder so of course it doesn't

I dunno, man. The guy that wrote Red Death seems to be in on the joke.

I'm not talking about Red Death, am I?

I’m trying to defend the event, not Snyder.

then defend the actual event, not tie-ins

it's like saying Civil War 2 was good because the Ultimates tie-in was good

Fair enough

>The JL escapes Mongul's arena with a Voltron mech
>Batman escapes Blackhawks island on the back on a velociraptor
>The Batfamily distracts the League by baiting them to Swamp Thing
>Batman's ultimate weapon is Babyseid
>Red Death is a Bruce who lost all his sons and decided he would steal the Speedforce by strapping Barry to his car after facin him with the Rogues weapons.
>MEANWHILE, Immortal characters are meeting in the Legion of Doom HQ

I don't like Snyder's Batman run, but this event has been a lot of fun so far. And the Dark Knights are more interesting than I thought, them basically being Elseworlds Batmen where everything went to shit and who now want to hijack the main DC canon. It's also cool that they exist because of Bruce, planner-paranoid extraordinaire, imagining just how insane he could become.

So what's the reading order for this event?

Ra’s was also written really well in the short scene he was featured in. I’m always happy when he’s depicted as a cunning strategist and pragmatist, rather than an unhinged terrorist.

It's only fun if you just like silly things dangled in front of you without getting any real substance or camp out of them. It's like letting a baby stare at a shiny pair of keys, it's just eye catching flash with nothing to show for it.

This plays into my theory that all batmen will. Jokerbat will be KJ killing Joker.

Going theory is that the Batman Who Laughs lost it during Killing Joke.

I don't even care about the stupidity, the Batwank is what pisses me off.

Yes. By me.

I'm enjoying this almost like I was enjoying Brave and the Bold when it was on. Yeah there might not be much substance, but so what? I don't feel like it's sold like a "It will change everything" event, even if the stakes are meant to be high.

It's Snyder writing cool shit for the sake of writing cool shit. Nothing wrong with that.

and you're a cunt

>tfw I can enjoy both Prieststroke and Metal

Because it's not goofy nor fun. The Looney Tunes crossovers did fun well. Metal is just shit.

this is an anonymous image board, one man's theory is all of ours

I know but I'm proud of myself!

Comics have been too dark and gritty lately. I love dark and gritty stuff sure but they try too hard to be dark, gritty and the biggest sin of them all, "realistic".

I want comics to take themselves less seriously. I want the Joker to go back being a cartoony asshole that makes stupid puns and uses clown-themed weapons and gags instead of this too deep for you, romanticized edgelord he's become.

I want comics to be balls to the walls crazy again. And all of these version of Batman from alternate universes and Baby Darkseid is a good start honestly.

"Batman is every superhero" is a really fucking boring and lame idea. I dont disagree that camp and fun are good, but there's camp and then there's just retardation and trying too hard to be weird. Baby Darkseid seems extremely reddit to me, but no one here thinks so, which is weird.
Maybe METAL is supposed to just be goofy and thats supposed to be its charm but it just comes off as a waste of time.
Why is everyone batman? That just makes it seem like its corporate bullshit, " we need more batman, more batman!"

Doesnt help that it's by Snyder who is obviously a bat fanboy. So it comes off as more bat wanking instead of it genuinely feeling like the guy just had a random funny idea he expanded on.

Camp comes from a genuine feeling of fun, this doesnt feel genuine at all.

Anybody who reads capes expecting nuances is a fuckin moron.

>sucking all the joy out of it.

But this exactly what Sup Forums does normally. You new or something, friend?

>redditpool

Are there seven Batman elseworld stories famous enough to get omages though? And are you saying they are literally KJ character or just a nod to it? Cause that former theory is retarded.

>tfw the only event your favorite hero will ever be known for is the destruction of the entire world and nothing else.

nod

Metal is silly and fun enough for the first read through, but there is not much to be found on the second go. That's been Snyder's problem ever since his Batman run, which is the equivalent of Lost. Immensely popular at its heyday, but quickly forgotten.

Babyseid has been the only good balance between funny and silly in Metal.

I caught up with this yesterday.

I still can't believe he pulled Darkseid out of a fucking bag. Why the fuck would you just have a baby in your rucksack? It's so fucking dumb, it's great. I still don't get like 90% of the MUH METAL dialogue. It makes no fucking sense to me.

>All of the "metal" bat-men are going to be alternate Bruce Waynes
>One is a woman
I don't wanna know what happened in that universe.

It's the one where he went bareback on a atlantean.

so how many issues have you bought so far?

>buying floppies

well he is a new god baby... makes sense he could be tossed around in a backpack like a football

exactly, all this fucking bitching and moaning and shitposting by a bunch of failed abortions that just pirate everything anyways.

and? Does the method of acquisition somehow lessen the criticism? Are people who pirate or tradewait somehow less capable of reading than those who buy?

No... No you're not wrong Walter, you're just an asshole...

This is this pretty much an Odyssey follow-up?

So they should be praising it and saying it's great? What kind of retard logic are you trying to use to defend this work against all the criticism that is making you so buttmad?

no they should shut the fuck up because they have nothing at all invested in it. if you don't like it don't fucking read it, its not like you dropped 4$ on an issue and feel ripped off. and if you do feel ripped off you need to seriously reality check yourself.

>You didn't pay for it like me so your criticism doesn't matter!

What did he mean by this?

it's not nearly as crazy as Odyssey

I'll laugh if one of the dark Batmen is an Odyssey reference though

how will I know if I like it if I don't read it?

>charging money to have an opinion
lol am I talking to Trump here on Sup Forums?

And what does this have to do with Dr. Manhattan and Mr. Oz?

Why did Batman de-age Mr. Freeze?

The Dark Multiverse is the universe you see Manhattan create in that Watchmen comic page. Been a crazy event so far.

But at least it had tits.

If so Barbatos VS Manhattan?

No, same side. Barbatos is working as part of the Dark Multiverse.

Just cause it's goofy doesn't mean it isn't part of the Hypercrisis.