youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc
youtube.com/watch?v=jbW8AXQSNLE
youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw
youtube.com/watch?v=fErRjperZiM
youtube.com/watch?v=8pM7Xwx6TiE
youtu.be/Ut5sk0RUlS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

>Films like Peanuts and Captain Underpants show that cgi can capture the look of certain art styles perfectly.
>Sony makes this trash instead of adapting Beatrix Potters charming and timeless Illustrations.
Sony studios is in a bad part of LA anyway.

>In 1936, Walt Disney expressed interest in making a Peter Rabbit film. He proposed his idea of a feature-length film to Beatrix Potter, but she refused and did not give him the rights.[10]

Really makes you think.

I can't say that I'm very familiar with Peter Rabbit, but what were literally all of those jokes? Also hey I know that song from radio!!

what a waste of good animation.

Can Sony Pictures just go out of business already? Please?

I liked the version where's he's just a kid instead of an annoying edgy twentysomething more

youtube.com/watch?v=jbW8AXQSNLE

And then Peter met General Woundwort

>Well General. I told you that I would impress you, I hope I have
>And I told you I would kill you myself. There's no bird here Bigwig.
You don't get dialogue this good in most live action films.

i know a guy who'd do peter rabbit correctly

pretty sure the original story was something about the farmer/hunter kidnapping peter rabbit and trying to skin him or something for stealing his vegetables. Peter escapes and vows to not steal any more...i think?

Peter Rabbit could have been a disney classic

I grew up on Beatrix Potter's stories and animations. My most favorite being the Roly-Poly Pudding. I know Peter was a bit rebellious but this is over the top ridiculous. He wasn't a party animal... he just wanted to eat from the garden. McGregor looks depressed.

What they did to this is depressing.

This and the Fox thing look fantastic.

But I do recall there being a britbong series that I think was made by the same studio that did the version of The Wind and the Willows with Rik Mayall as Toad (AKA the best version). I remember having the Tom Kitten and Jemima Puddleduck shorts on vhs as a kid, and that they looked damn good.

Jesus Christ, that was far worse than I expected it to be.

Potter must have drilled down to the Earth's core with all that grave spinning.

Say it with me Sup Forums

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw

I think we've crossed a threshold here. A whole new level of awful. There weren't even any jokes...Not a single thing that could even be passed as a joke. I don't understand. I DON'T UNDERSTAND

>mfw these fucking cunts are ruining my childhood memories.
This will forever be the only Peter the Rabbit worth watching.
youtube.com/watch?v=fErRjperZiM

>I think we've crossed a threshold here.

No user. Not until they make a honey-heist DJ Winnie the Pooh who is hip with the kids.

My Nubian comrade

The music still makes my skin prickle and puts a smile on my face.

If only more cartoons with talking animals were like Watership Down. I don't care for violence I just want them to be intersting, smart and not infantile.But of course if they made it into some kind of fantasy movie it would be better but also less profitable.

Peter would be told to not go into the garden by his mom, gets caught on a fence trying to escape and loses his jacket, goes back to get the jacket so his mom won't be mad, gets put in a sack and manages to chew through it and make it home for a scolding from his mom.
At least I'm pretty sure that was one of the books, it's been over 20 years since I read them or seen the tv show.

This trailer made me tear up at how bad they rubbed their taints on her books. It's horrible and would of done fine if they hadn't tried to give the animals those names and clothes. It could of been some shitty animal party movie and made tons without pissing off the fans of the books.

>those girl bunnies

The end credits to this show brings back memories of when I was a small child, watching them on VHS with my late mother, reminding me of a time I will never get back.

>that ending song
It makes me tear up.
youtube.com/watch?v=8pM7Xwx6TiE

I think I remember there being like two Peter Rabbit stories I read by Beatrix Potter, one where he's a kid and living with his mom, and another where he and Benjamin Bunny are both apparently adults with kids of their own. So I don't mind him being aged up, but I still think OP's trailer really fucked up his personality by not eventrying to stick to the tone of the stories.

That's the real problem I have with it, is the tone. I can take the art style they went with and certain other elements fine.

Yeah, I think Mr McGregor the farmer was going to have his wife cook Peter in a pie.

The only good thing about current US copyright law is that Disney and the Milne estate would draw blood before that happened.

>this trailer

Every day we stray further from god's light.

My question is, did NOBODY at the board meetings for these stop for a sec and think this might not be a good idea?

Are whimsical kids movies just not allowed to exist anymore?

Why all these dated references and songs in literally every movie.

Who the hell is the guy who keeps pitching this same goddamn "Human meets Cgi character" to Sony?
This is the same thing that happened in smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Hop and Yogi Bear. Why do they keep reusing this same damn cliche!?!

>mfw Beatrix Potter are your favourite children's books
>mfw I had no idea that this was a thing
>mfw watching this trailer
>mfw i'm dead

is this that rabbit movie with russel brand

Springtime for Hitler, and Ger sony!

His mom is a dilf in that one. Also, although this movie looks benign enough, I also like the tv show

youtu.be/Ut5sk0RUlS4

Oh no, they all thought it was a shit idea. That's why they're doing it. It's why they did the Emoji Movie, it's why Dr. Seuss continues to be raped from beyond the grave, and it will continue to happen so long as audiences never wise up and actually stop going to these movies.

In the day and age of the net, outrage over destroying a childhood icon is seen as publicity. After all, people will take to the tubes and complain about how X movie is disrespectful to the original, and that complaint will ignite a fire underneath another two or three people, and so on and so forth until people from all over are made aware of the movies existence thanks to the hate that gets spread. Then, when the movie is actually released, there are two kinds of moviegoers: the kind that go to see if their nostalgia has actually been as destroyed as anticipated, and those few people who actually like the looks of the movie. The former always outnumber the latter, so Hollywood makes bigger returns on the movie than they would have if they had just done the original justice.

Paddington was pretty whimsical. Sequel should hopefully be the same.

some needs to tell these clowns that cute characters with 'TUDE was outlawed after 9/11.

What in the actual fuck was that?