Back the kickstarter years ago

>back the kickstarter years ago
>the unprecedented clusterfuck that led to it's final release
>wait 4 days AFTER any idiot could buy it to get my code
>nothing but references and 2 instances of a game of snake
>about 2 hours of actual gameplay

This is the last escaping fart from the gas-bloated corpse of what could've, at one time, been one of the greatest webcomics ever made...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NgxKlx5YtgA
community.welovefine.com/m/fan-forge/designs/Hiveswap-Fan-Forge
youtube.com/watch?v=bjAK8D5ytiU
youtube.com/watch?v=RI7y7ZkkOJs
youtube.com/watch?v=WZXTh2Qol6c
youtube.com/watch?v=L1n-vuZuT4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It may not be the last. Sales have hit a point where there just might be a second part.

But I think we can all agree that Hussie launching that Kickstarter was a horrendous idea that permanently marred his comic's legacy.

>Homestuck
You only have yourself to blame.

They were already planning the other parts. It was always going to be split in multiple episodes.

Yeah, but it was speculated that he blew his entire cash wad on the first part, and there wouldn't be subsequent parts if it failed. It's doing just well enough that I think that won't happen though.

well even if it failed, there's always Toby 'sugar daddy' Fox to help push out one more episode

The first dev company fucked the entire project over by using the money to fund their other shit before pulling out of the project. That's where the money went. Hussie should've taken them to court.

>But I think we can all agree that Hussie launching that Kickstarter was a horrendous idea that permanently marred his comic's legacy.

But that time was arguably the best time to do the kick starter. Waiting until the end would of just felt like making add on DLC in the form of a game. The time was right but hussie was just a fucking artists with some web skills and was not qualified to handle a million dollar game project. If he had a decent lawyer then he wouldn't of gotten fucked by FYG. His dads death and his posse of yes men only made things worse.

>speculated

There's the problem.

with what money? But to be fair, that money DID end up making a pretty good game and in the end, isn't that what's important

I planned to pirate this, but I can't even bring myself to do that.

If you have shit internet it would literally take longer to torrent than to finish.

Just watch a lets-play. It's seriously about an hour and a half of gameplay and if you didn't read and understand most of the comic then a huge chunk of it is going to be borderline incomprehensible

I meant that I wanted to pirate it just to spite Hussie, but at this point it there is no catharsis.

I liked it.

I would have liked it more if it wasn't only 2 hours long.

this amuses me.

youtube.com/watch?v=NgxKlx5YtgA

No Vriska.
No fucking 8uy.

>This is the last escaping fart from the gas-bloated corpse of what could've, at one time, been one of the greatest webcomics ever made...
Toby stole it's life force to create undertale...so yeah.

>Metal Squad

Yes. This pleases me.

>no "Look at his lips"

To be fair, Hussie got an anime out of it.

>new homestuck content
>no old witty Hussie
>made by just 2 boring moralfags

I know its homestuck, still why the fuck torture yourself like this?

@dril's a moralfag?

But but but!

There was that one offhand meta-comment about the blue lady paintings that are vaguely referencing her! That's worth 8(see, even her favourite number is in it) dollars r-right?

I'm just here to laugh at the mess. And tell homestucks to kill themselves sometimes.

So was I right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he is, he agreed to work on Homestuck.

We have Trizza, she's better.

Literal fucking who?

>doesn't pay attention and expects to be spoonfed
Typical tumblr reader

>spoonfed
Why should I care a8out trash?

not that guy but you fucks come up with new people to gossip about like literally every fucking day

most of us don't stalk these fuckers day and night, not matter how much dick they suck

>new people
You really should pay attention, Trizza is the heiress

>If you don't know every single character you're tumblr
We fell down so far? Really?

Tumblr is the reason the cast is such a bloated clusterfuck

What's so good about the game they made

I am an old Problem Sleuth fan. I tried to get into Homestuck but it was ALWAYS a clusterfuck from day one to day last.
Homestuck fans are people who never saw the webcomic for what it is, but instead saw the potential that Hussie never actually brought into reality.

Its like watching high school lovers who are more interested in what their partners could become as adults rather than who their partners are NOW. Ooh he could be the lead singer of a band, he's got such a dreamy voice. Ooh she could be a model or sexy journalist, she's so beautiful that she could be on television daily but she's smart enough to do more than model work.

The comic always hinted at greatness. but refused to tap into it because the creator knew whatever YOU imagined would be more interesting than what was actually planned.
>Homestuck is "LOST the Webcomic"

>if you don't read or pay attention to things you're the teenage girls that don't pay attention or read things

Yeah, that's how it works. Are you stupid and a tumblrite?

man hiveswap sure was fucking rememberable then!

You talking shit about Whisper?

community.welovefine.com/m/fan-forge/designs/Hiveswap-Fan-Forge
I dare you to find a good design

This is pretty good

Xamag and Angel would win by a lansdlide if they were still in the fandom

>toby's 2 year old game currently has four times the people playing it than hussie's newly released one

JUST

The game is a fucking chore and incredibly flawed in its design. The "puzzles" are fucking jokes, and the attempts at humor are fucking abysmal. The writing comes off as some try-hard wanting to sound witty but completely failing at delivering a good joke and making the "player" laugh.
It also misses the point of classic adventure games. In an adventure game you're not supposed to try every item combination with everything in the environment. On the contrary, the game makes fun of you for trying that, calls you stupid and rewards you when you find the correct combination. This is not the case with Hiveswap: if you want to read everything to know all the backstory you have to try every fucking combination and sit through a lot of garbage text. If anything, the game punishes you for solving the "puzzles" because you'll miss a lot of text if you do that.
Getting in a new room is a NIGHTMARE because there's all this useless decoration that you need to click with everything in your inventory to read even more walls of unfunny garbage. You completely forget what you were doing, and you kill any sense of urgency the game is trying to set.
Making every combination produce unique text was a mistake. I don't feel like I'm playing a game, or like I'm reading a story.
The music is nice and catchy, and the art is the best art that anything related to Homestuck has ever had. Other than that, the chore of the game ("""gameplay""" and writing) are fucking shit. And it lacks the wit of Homestuck writing. Fuck, it's really depressing that the narrator is so polite all the time. It doesn't fit with Homestuck's tone at all.
This game wasn't worth it, and it ruined Homestuck.

>good game with great reply value sells more than shameless scam with near 0 gameplay
oh wow

Things only really start going to shit when you start loading more.

Why would anyone do that

I wanted to see how bad it got.

Why

>stole
Toby was one of the few things still giving it life
Good on him for getting the heck out of dodge so he wouldn't be stuck with the sinking vessel
even then he still made one of the best tracks for Homestuck well after he jumped ship youtube.com/watch?v=bjAK8D5ytiU

>it ruined Homestuck
>Implying implications
>88

Don't you have to be lezbeeans with some blind whore somewhere else Vriska?

To satisfy my morbid curiosity.
All in all they're not too bad, most of them are just okay and only a couple of them are out-right horrible.

look at the top of his head bwahahah

>Griever
lmao

They should make this official. Fits the release of hiveswap PERFECTLY

>his

Well, did it get any better?

Of course, every moment vriska is on screen is the greatest moment in homestuck

reminder that pajama sam had
>three full fledged minigame, one with 150 levels and multiple challenges
>secret collectibles
>a whole giant underground minecart section that survived no purpose other than to be an interactive rollercoaster
>animations for the entire environment, with tons of interactive elements
>full voice acting

I actually beat all 150 levels of Nuggets. Damn fine game.

what the fuck is going on

Okay. Noted (but ultimately discarded).

Anybody else?

this is fucking sad
where's ikimaru

valid complaints
the environments are fun to explore at first
but the backtracking was annoying as fuck
the chatlogs had no charm and felt rushed

Crying over davejade probably

Remember the strife theme?

Now it's stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

>5 FUCKING YEARS

Funny how when one of the Giant Bomb guys asked about it on Twitter, some dude got really passive aggressive about it.

I don't remember any of the music. None of it got stuck in my head, partially because the tracks that actually played weren't anything special. The tracks during cutscenes either skipped or didn't play at all. I went on youtube to see if I missed anything important. (I didn't.)

>Remember the strife theme?
No.

Hussie was a fucking idiot with the first game company and didn't bother to check in till it was too late. That company took the money and made better games- The King's Quest game and something else.
It was Hussie's fault and now he's been trying to brand deal all the other shit to pay to release the game.
Also the entire 2 hours is a game, point and click is a fucking game type.
It's not great even as far as point and clickers go. The re-relase of Day of the Tentacle is way better and I hear thimbleweed park is good as well.
For $8 I'm not mad at it though. I did enjoy the puppy surprise cause that was the one I had as a kid.

I think he means either this
youtube.com/watch?v=RI7y7ZkkOJs
or this
youtube.com/watch?v=WZXTh2Qol6c

Not only are 3 more parts planned, but they have a whole second companion game planned about the troll that got sent to earth which will presumably be 4 more parts. Hiveswap isn't over anytime soon.

>the peak corresponds exactly with when I stopped reading

Oops. I think my leaving might have broken it.

no you fucks I meant THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=L1n-vuZuT4k

oh well RIP hiveswap I guess. not that it had any good prospects in the first place but whatever

I wonder how much of that big ol' impressive to-do list of a game is anywhere close to being done right now.

it sold better than mvci

>better than MAHVEL BABY

that can't be real

>MAHVEL released yesterday
>hiveswap released a week ago

maybe that has to do with it

what in the flying fuck is this?

A Jade with two right hands and brown skin is eating an apple while sat hunched over in the grass.

>homosuck
Not even once.

You tell me.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking

a dead webcomic

I'm pretty sure I've never met anyone who now hates Homestuck as much as Ikimaru.

Why do they hate Homestuck?

Is that true? Please find me the source senpai. I want to read this. I fucking hated that bitch so much and has been so deeply involved with the fucking cancer I just HAVE to know what she thinks about homestuck now.

They were the one that had to draw davekat and they don't like it and ship davejade. How would you feel if you started that shit.

>fucking hated that bitch

It's time to log off and go outside user.