TTG teaches kids how to build rental property

Moralfags BTFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcu58f56sbs&hd=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0ibjXCnxY&hd=1
youtube.com/watch?v=qMlDuvxS45Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly, even I learned something from that episode.

>Moralfags
what's immoral about renting out property. I wish there were people that had more rentals here. There was a 5 year boom here and people converted all the apartment building into condos so the only apartments left are trash heaps like what I'm living in

>Reminder that "Who's laughing now" was an episode dealing with college debt.
>They basically said College was a waste for most and you should focus your money on better investments.
TTG teaches kids the most on Modern CN, at the moment.

South Park also suggested flipping homes.
Maybe I should listen

This show just taught kids about a share-economy recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=vcu58f56sbs&hd=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0ibjXCnxY&hd=1

Bait thread.Contrariansfags ironically praising a "controversial" but ultimately mediocre and innofensive cartoon.Sad.

That's what the episode is literally about, but ok

>Modern Cartoon

>nu teen titans
>promoting capitalism
the fuck?

They also got pyramid schemes
youtube.com/watch?v=qMlDuvxS45Q

>the leprechaun episode where they explain the gold standard and fiat currency
I was actually shocked

It was a pretty good episode and the DBZ fight made it gold.

Communist are people. Therefore OP is a gay animal.

This is actually really good. If they did teaching moments like that more often...

Didn't Robin got arrested for fraud in an earlier episode?

There's plenty of laws and ordinances in written in the books to prevent renting out property because moralfags don't want their community to get too populated and their schools to be crowded.

>lolsorandum cartoon occasionally gives tl;dr lessons so dumb parents will think it's an educational cartoon

they're not moral fags. theyre jelly communist who cant mind their own buisness

Is it really not obvious? The occasional educational episodes are so parents will think it isn't just ADHD: the cartoon but rather something they can leave their kids watching 8 hours a day instead of actually parenting

Tell me more of your tinfoil hat theories

Tbh it's arguably the most educational kids show (aside from preschool shit like sesame street teaching the absolute basics) on TV at the moment.

Why is TTG so based?

Rent is usury.
Rent is usury.

That's a conspiracy theory if I've ever seen one. Maybe they're just tackling educational and adult topics because there's natural humor in the topic appearing in a kids show, and the additional fact that it's practically an untouched well of content for the writers since most kids TV avoids "boring or advanced adult stuff" like economics.

Me personally, I think it's a nice touch and they carry the topics well.

Because you're thirteen.
Why does being "educational" make a cartoon "good?"

Because kids are retards and need TV to educate them.

This.
TTG is doing wonders for children more than GF and SU ever could.

t. retarded mutualist

They don't beat around the bush and they put a nice spin on what most would consider to be boring.
Being educational doesn't make anything good automatically. All I said in that post was that TTG is arguably the most educational kids show on TV at the moment. And that is because it deals with actual adult life lessons such as rent, pyramid schemes, investing, college debt, etc. from time to time instead of leaving the plot of episodes at the level of kids hanging out with their friends or going on fantasy adventures that have no bearing to anything IRL. The most many other cartoons will offer are moral lessons, whereas TTG is throwing out some objectively good advice for topics outside of emotion. Which is additionally what makes the whole thing hilarious. You don't expect to see that from TTG.

>whats immoral about being a capitalist pig-fucker?

Can someone list all the educational or good episodes of this show

t. Someone from the writing staff

No, but I wish I got paid to write televised shitposting.

Since when was TTGo teaching children more about finances and economics than the public education system?
Well, at least the show is using its powers for one small good thing.

College is still useful in some situations, where you actually need technical training and guidance to build enough competency for the entry level. Some employers ask for college degrees because it's an easy way to filter out who's been willing to sit down and study for 4 years to get a degree.

The price for a degree is way too much in a lot of places though, and might as well be a racket that preys on teens. And student loan debt lessens their risk tolerance for entrepreneurship in the time of their life when they're young, energetic, and not tied down by family responsibilities.

>stop complimenting that show I don't like

Prepare to get educated, yo

Finally a lesson
Labor day episode
Who's laughing Now
Pyramid Scheme
Snuggle TIme
The Gold Standard
BL4Z3
Lictation

This Friday Teen Titans is going to teach kids how to write an AI program from binary code that'll destroy them all.

>supporting capitalism

Dumb commieposter

If you worked on this show, what would you do differently?

I would assassinate all the writers and burn down the studio for making such an atrocious abomination that's killing my Cartoon Network.

In all seriousness, I'd do more educational stuff like what's brought up here. I'd say explore more about the process of developing an animated cartoon, but they tackled that in bits and pieces through out the series.
I actually like the show now as it is. It's definitely improved compared to the first season.

Usury is strictly about lending money, not property or land. Try again.

More 80s episodes.

Girls Night Out 5.

People buying property just to rent them are destroying the housing market, fuck TTG for promoting it.

>Lictation
Uh... what?

TTG has a lot of episodes about economics. They just had the shareconomy one a few weeks back and then the labor day episode more recently. It seems like an odd place to attempt to draw comedy from.

>Bottom
appLICATION.

I think at this point they know the show is secure for a good while and are doing whatever pops into their head. Even if it's as out of left field as financial lessons

>That entire episode that's basically a metaphor for College

>go to community college for 2 years while working some easy part time job for 15-20 hours a week
>use Pell Grant to make tuition cost less than a 15 year old used piece of shit rusted out car, pay it off outright
>maintain perfect GPA, apply for and matriculate to university with 1/2 of all credits taken care of, receive scholarships and dean's awards
>get 4 year degree for way less than $15k
If you live in America and you didn't do the above, then you are indeed incredibly fucking retarded. Getting a college education isn't a meme, and it's not a waste, it's a test to see who the dumbfucks are in this country. The dumbfucks are the ones that went through college without a single scholarship. They're the ones that took 5 digit debt every year for 4 years straight. They're the ones that didn't test to see if they were actually mature or smart enough by enrolling in a community college.

Tuition costs hiking up SHOULD have been a blessing, because it SHOULD have been a disincentive for people taking the moron's route through the higher education system. Instead, the average American doubled down on their dumbfuckery and actually paid the inflated bill instead of looking for the proper and obvious routes around it.

Maybe if America didn't keep pushing this "it's either college or failure" mentality, people would be able to think more clearly, and more kids wouldn't fall into this pit trap.

During HS, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and nobody to help me figure it out. come graduation all I know is that I needed to do something else im wasting my life. So I decided to throw my life away on a shitty art degree.

I live in America, didn't go to college and make ~$60k/year.
It's not going to make me wealthy, sure, but my job is easy and I didn't have to sit and listen to professors whine about Hitler and racism.

Did that art degree at least not cost you over 30k in debt using only federal (no private) loans? Because that's a lot easier to work with than having private loan debt

I mean, these kids are literally right out of high school, and chances are that their parents are average working adults. The average working adult in america is probably more likely to accept the notion that everyone just has to take on huge loans to gamble on college to make anything decent of themselves these days.

Not to mention that college seems to be marketed as a 4 year funhouse in some cases, which just makes it harder for 18 year old kids to resist postponing financial responsibility.

Ideally, the weeding out process shouldn't be how much loan someone can take on, but the academic standards required to pass the admissions and freshman classes.

Nah, Veteran Affairs.
Im only in 10k dollars worth of debt since I didn't have enough for my very last class.

I'm more upset that I possibly wasted four years and all my cash for a shit degree, with limited employability, because I decided to go on a whim.

But well, you live and learn.

My parents didn't help me at all with understanding college. I had no idea how to apply, what tests to take, nothing. I graduated high school without taking the ACTs or SATs. The most I ever heard was "go to college when you graduate high school" from everyone and no follow up. But I wasn't a fuck-up video game addicted brainlet cattle child that panicked because no one was leading me. I took initiative, did research, made phone calls, and got into a community college where, for dirt cheap, I was able to figure my shit out. Now in this so-called era of crushing student loan debt I barely have anything piled on me, because I took shit seriously for like 5 minutes and made level-headed decisions as a teen. Something which is apparently impossible according to the millennial generation, somehow.

People can blame every external factor there is, but ultimately it comes down to them to watch out for themselves and make the right decisions. We're handing out excuses for this garbage like it's candy on halloween.

This. I don't know how the fuck somebody can be so fucking braindead and asleep at the wheel that they'd take on private loans. American kids deserve to be crushed under the weight of this shit if they have so little value of responsibility. The only problem is they're going to take everyone down with them, just like their boomer piece of shit parents.

Is it just a general fine arts degree, or something in the commercial arts like graphic design/illustration at least?

Get your reasonable and thought out opinions out of here, we're here to get butthurt over cartoons

Animation.

no one likes landlords, money-lenders, or employers. everyone wants free stuff.

You seem like a reasonable individual, but not everyone is going to be reasonable. Half the population in the U.S. has an IQ of less than 100 and that hasn't changed much for many decades, but there's been something predatory about the way student loans have been for the past couple. I'm not going to disagree that personal responsibility should be accounted for, but the severity of making an academic financial mistake (and mistakes inevitably happen) that early in adult life is pretty drastic.

If you're still drawing or practicing, isn't there any way you could apply your knowledge to 3d modeling and animation if you haven't tried that route already?

I'm pretty decent at 3D modeling and in general most things to do with animation. If I didn't own a toaster, that didn't shit itself at any 3d image, I'd love to get back into learning how to rig and rendering shit. All I can do is make simple skeletons for models, but obviously you need to be a literal god at if you want anything decent.

After all, why would I study only one aspect of animation when I can learn everything about it? Iunno, I'll just pick up a programming book until I get a new computer to fuck around with.

I don't disagree that you can get in over your head. It definitely happens, and it can be paralyzing. The problem is, we have this narrative about how kids are being taken advantage of because the world didn't just miraculously call them up one night and lay out the plans for their entire lives down to the most minute of details. That's what is going on, kids are so fucking checked out in life and self-absorbed that they find it almost unthinkable that they would have to actually CALL or VISIT the offices or sites that are pertinent to these things rather than the world pausing everything and making sure they're completely taken care of and are taught shit.

I'm not an anthropologist so I have no idea on such matters, but has there ever been such a shiftless and blame-free generation of people ever in the history of mankind? I feel somewhat ashamed that I'm even part of this generation, when I see what my peers are doing and how this is being spun as if it's big bad academia screwing kids over, or latchkey upbringings. As if they weren't saturated with instant access to all human knowledge right at their fingertips and could break away from their trivial bullshit for 3 minutes and answer very basic questions that they should be asking.

Why not end the cycle of having to pay your way? There's enough houses for everyone to live in and enough automation potential to meet everyone's needs and the some. Instead we slave over desks and lines so someone can make bank for just owning the land, factories, what have you.

Because without regular and meaningful-enough work (note: work, not just money), an increasing number of people get bored and go off to get high and/or kill themselves.

Sounds like you need a free helicopter ride.

If it still had to be in the style of TTG, then I would fire any of the writers that test positive for ADHD, which would be at least half of them. That should cut back on the annoying factor prominent in the show.

Can't they work on superfluous things like organizing public events, arts, trades? People are already killing themselves from feeling like a third of their lives is spent doing disengaging work.

I wish you could just ask what to do when you don't know what you want to do with your life. All I knew was that I liked cartoons and video games and sort of liked science. while I did look up what I needed to do if I wanted to be involved in those things, I still legitimately feel like I made a bad choice.

Not having any purpose is downright terrifying to me. That is what I consider true failure. I may have made a bad call choosing art school, but fuck it, I'm going to be the best damn artist there is.

Seriously, dont tell me I can do whatever I want, that doesn't help at all, that's just shit advice. but my situation could be worse. my debt isnt as bad some people I know and seen.

No more stupid randumb waffle episodes. Make Beast Boy less annoying. Everything else is pretty damn good.

link to episode

captcha humps street

Yeah you really can't know. You're told to follow your dreams/passion, but many aren't really passionate for something, and all they know is they don't want to be poor and working long hours.

I hope you do become a great artist, but that's not enough. From what I hear, it's very important to build up a resume and to network with people in the business you want to enter while in college, so be sure to do that to not end up waiting years for a call while thousands of dollars in the hole. That task alone is really hard if you are antisocial which many of us seem to be. Best of luck, dude.

The thing is that not everyone is creative or cut out for it, the same way that not everyone is going to do well at welding. Even seemingly mundane jobs still offer people some structure and routine while giving them pay to live and a place in an organization. But increasing automation and AI is going to pull out the rug on a large proportion of the population who might potentially find themselves with both no work and no income.

It's also not as simple as giving them enough money to meet basic needs even if the country could afford it, since sitting around with no options but to piddle away on community projects with no route to climb upwards will probably be socially disruptive. Crime rates can increase with relative poverty, even if the bottom 10% have all their most basic needs met.

>I wish you could just ask what to do when you don't know what you want to do with your life
I would say armed forces, but if is you I think you know the pull already for that sort of thing and what roads it leads a person down.

It's tragic that we're not told what to do since we have an ability to understand so much, dabble in so many interesting things, and we're so tuned in to the sheer breadth of possibilities that one could undertake. But for fuck's sake, we as a generation treat out futures as if we're potentially going to be rock stars or the leaders of a field with zero drive to match. It's a recipe for disaster. Nobody lives a fabled life, and maybe one in 10,000 people follow a passion with a matching internal motivation to succeed; in reality you kinda just make a million small and insignificant decisions that navigate you down an increasingly narrow path, and then you succumb to crushing malaise.

That's ultimately the only thing that kids need to be told: you are constantly fucking yourself out of good things, because you let the smallest and most trivial intricacies of life lead you by the hand instead of keeping your eyes on a goal. A real, tangible goal is out there, and you need to look at the million stupid things you do every day and ask what percentage of that serves you in getting to that goal.

I see a lot of people talking about the Jordan Peterson lifestyle meme stuff and it took me a while but I now understand why it's so appealing to a Sup Forums user. It's at such a base level of common sense for bettering yourself that, realistically, we don't even acknowledge the fundamentals of it and are amazed that it can work. It's almost like somebody describing to you the kinesthetics of a physical activity like running, and you're like "ah fuck you, I know how to do that," but then you think about it and you realize that you looked like a floppy retard flailing about every time you ran and now you set about to improve your form.

Do you have a portfolio site? Did your program have any classes that talked about assembling mailing lists, looking at the work of already working professionals, and other aspects of self marketing? Depending on your portfolio pieces it might be a matter of contacting companies that fall in line wit your style. Since to hire you they have to know you exist first

Well I personally would want the concept of money to evaporate, and less things to be considered crimes, pretty much every victimless crime. And if enough people do want that structure in their lives, I know a few people who would agree that allowing that person to take a machine's space to save energy would be a good idea.

I just realized TTG teaches more than any modern childrens cartoon out here.

How exactly is replacing a highly efficient robot or AI program with a much less efficient person (who needs to eat and sleep) going to save any company energy and expenses?

That is a good point, and I made an error of simplifying the point too much.

Let's just say there would be no top down companies and everyone would just have access to the modes of transportation, factories, and land necessary to produce. If a group of dedicated workers with relatively less help from machine can produce enough to supply for their community then that should be opted for instead of full automation for that specific community.

I could still be simplifying. I'll see to it that I read more theory and discussion on the topic to refresh my mind.

Yes, yes I do have a portfolio site and they did have a class on that stuff. I'm still applying to companies right now. Just came from a interview at UPS last friday (they wanted another in house animator/editor) and they've yet to contact me again, so that's probably up in the air now.

It turns out self marketing is harder than I thought, I mean I know it takes time to build a following but shit dude. But this thread reminded me that I should really try speaking with people I know in the industry more. I know one of the animators on Rick and Morty, and I haven't spoken to him since he graduated.

It's clearly done as a joke because the show HAS no educational value. It's a "SEE? WE TOTALLY ARE EDUCATIONAL" joke. And then it went right back to its regular formula, because the goal wasn't to trick anyone.

fuck off man

Yeah, it turned me into the blue collar bum I am today.

Go to college, and pay your tuition. Don't be like me.

Okay snark aside, that's all fine and dandy but that doesnt make it good

What do you do? I like hearing about easy jobs

Fuck off, enterbot. Everybody knows the pyramid scheme episode was more beneficial to the development of children.

t.Muhammad.

Su only rots your kid's brain with its tumblr garbage

The thing is that that has absolutely nothing to do with a universal basic income. Like if you make sure everyone has food and shelter, the majority of people still will want to work for the reasons you've already established, because working is something humans value doing (and also the acquisition of luxury and/or status goods and services). So I don't see how what you said is an excuse.

nixon actually appearing on the show when?

Implementing UBI is the equivalent of welfare but on a broader scale. It won't work because it disincentivises people to work as hard as they would out of necessity. If people work with less effort the economy will inevitably slow down, if the economy continues to slow down perpetually whichit will, then UBI will become unsustainable.

Lets not even mention the massive hit the economy would take when you begin to tax everyone to high heaven in order to have UBI be possible in the first place.

Except the people who need shitty minimum wage jobs to live are killing the economy because they can't fucking buy anything because they have no money. If you take care of their necessities, they will still work and most of them won't really save or invest their money but instead spend it on goods and services, which increases circulation of currency which is good for the economy.

The only people it might be bad for are the rich people who also barely spend money, but instead just keep it locked up in accounts they barely use, and have it outright vanish in shitty real estate and land stuff.

There is zero actual evidence that people would want to work for the sole purpose of buying shit they don't need. The fact that welfare queens are a thing or the fact that 96% of migrants in Europe remain unemployed because welfare benefits are so generous that they legitimately have no need or desire to work is proof enough it won't work.

People on minnimum wage can't spend their money on frivolous shit because socialist policies and government regulations require higher taxes which leaves everyone with less spending power.

Whenever you tax the rich more, they'll simply take their money offshore. That money goes offshore then it can't be taxed. If it can't be taxed then the gov will have less money to adequately provide for the people who are eligible for UBI(which is everyone). When the government realizes they have less money for UBI then they'll increase taxes wihich will just agitate the situation.

You wan't to help the economy? Reform socialist policies so you can effectively lower the tax-rate which leaves everyone with more spending power.

I don't like organizing public events, or art. I don't know what you mean by trades.