Who would you choose if you were Charlie Brown?

Who would you choose if you were Charlie Brown?

Other urls found in this thread:

peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Peggy_Jean
youtube.com/watch?v=R6pC03WRcE0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Little Red Haired Girl

Reminder that "both" never works out well.

Being Charlie Brown is suffering so I would choose the barrel of a gun.

Peppermint Patty.

She's the only correct choice.

this

Depends on how much awareness he has. Marcie is far more confident, level headed and is one of the few who usually won't downright insult Chuck.

But Peppermint Patty is the only other character that truly understands Chucks loneliness and insecurities but unlike Chuck she bury's her emotions deep down inside herself and when it does come out its usually expressed as anger. If Peppermint Patty was more honest with her emotions and Chuck just stopped being a blockhead that only ever complain about his, they'd practically be soulmates.

Pepps.

If had a better home situation (single dad who works until late in the evening), she'd be able to get to sleep earlier and would probably quite smart.
Smarts and sports, WAY out of his league.

She's still an incredibly insecure person. She's shown to be self conscious of her looks and tomboyish personality, which she seems as "ungirly".

Also you're a bit wrong about her potential, she has confused Snoopy for an actual child for a long while. She's both book and street dumb.

both only fails for chuck because he's a shit.

Slow thread
I believe Charlie wasn't a blockhead after all

Patty is ugly but has a cute attitude. She's the kinda girl you spend a life with

>choose
Marcie was willing to share, just have to get Patty to warm up to the idea.
Tenchi had the right idea.

Sally

What's everyone's thoughts on the Peanuts Movie (2015)?

>
Great really understood what made the source material great. Only problem with the film was too much Red Baron stuff

Could have been INFINITELY worse, but also could have been better.
Too much Red Baron, dumb obligatory pop songs, and lack of depression or any of the other dark topics that are all over the comic are my biggest gripes.

Animation had care in it though and it wasn’t a bastardization of the source material, so it’s harmless

You don't cross Marcie.

The oh-so-sweet cold embrace of death

Patty

>hyper autismo
>instead of submissive cutie
>better choice

This

But user, that's forbidden love!

Is Charlie Brown the original harem protagonist?

When you tell a girl your deepest romantic fantasy is to be called "poor sweet baby" and she immediately does so, you should fucking know what to do

Only if you believe Lucy and Red actually liked him that way which they didn't. With a little tweeking however he'd have a top tier harem and even has an imouto route

Not really.

He likes the Little Red Headed Girl but she is a non-entity outside of a couple of TV appearances that Schulz himself hated/declared non-canon.

Lucy doesn't love him and if anything, more or less treats him as a toy to terrorize/torment

SJWers basically pushed the Peppermint Patty/Marice are gay meme so hard, that it wasn't until the last decade, when the late 70s/80s/90s Peanuts era strips were easily available to read, that people started to realize that Schulz not only did not believe in the lesbian angle repeatedly stated in canon, that both Marcie and PP are in love with Charlie Brown.

Patty, but I would not be upset if Marcie won either.

Just like my animes.

>She's talking about herself
Peanuts could get dark.

>confident tomboy with a secret side
>bookworm intellectual who may or not be gay
>smartass bitch who bullies you
>imouto loli who is sick of your shit
Was Peanuts the original harem anime? Why is Chuck's love life so damn interesting?

>He likes the Little Red Headed Girl but she is a non-entity outside of a couple of TV appearances that Schulz himself hated/declared non-canon.
She appeared once and only once in the comic during a school dance arc, but her entire body was shadowed so you couldn't actually see her. And as expected, she totally ignores him in favor of dancing with Snoopy.

I wouldn't say SJWs did that but more so Family Guy

If Lucy didn't only have eyes for Schroder, I'd see her as an option for Chuck.
That being the case, she sees him as a friend/plaything/pet project.

Snoopy

You're forgetting
>Two gossipy girls who've both shown interest in him when he was younger. (ie. Childhood friends)
>nigh unwinnable perfect girl who may one day notice you.

Marcy exhibits more signs of autism than PP.
She's more ADHD.

Marcie. It isn't even a contest.

Great movie that was better than it had any right to be.

There was only one pop song the entire film and it wasn't really all that out of place. I agree there was a lack of dark depressive tones, but honestly it would've dragged the film down. It knew what it wanted from the get go and it achieved that. And Charlie Brown was getting dicked the whole movie anyway barring the ending, so it was still faithful in that regard.

Anime fags ruin comics.

>so eternally buttblasted he cant enjoy chink fanart

This. I could be happily married by now if I would just settle, but I am incapable due to my overblown fetishization of a perfect romance.

I loved it!

>yfw Lucy is just tsundere

Lucy is Tsuntsun. The only person she's dere for is Schrodinger.

She's also (badly) sleep deprived.
That's why she keeps falling asleep in school.

It was pretty faithfull.
They knew what they were doing.
The big surprises were Charlie Brown acting, instead of moping around, and him getting an actual happy end.

Source?

the tragedy of charlie brown is that he's so obsessed with the unobtainable "perfect" little red head girl, he's completely blind to the fact that peppermint patty likes him just as much
everyone is just going to end up alone and sad

True. Half his problems come from tje other characters or life unfairly shitting on him.

I still hate this special. Damn you to hell Lucy!

Charlie Brown was pretty dense, and he was his own worst enemy at times, but still just a little boy that life isn't the kindest to at most moments.

Being Charlie Brown is suffering : peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/Peggy_Jean

Wait, wasn't this like the original harem cartoon/comic? Doesn't Charlie have multiple girls lusting over his Charlie Browniest cock?

Peppermint Patty

youtube.com/watch?v=R6pC03WRcE0
neither

Jesus Christ those last 4 panels.

and it was the last peanuts comic Schulz ever made

That's not true, it's just the last comic those two appear in.

That said, it does have an mournful feeling about it. Especially with Patty asking if they had fun while the two of them sit alone in the pouring rain.

Was an absolutely delightful film. I waited for it for two years before it was released, and the day I got to see it will forever be memorable to me.

Fucking this. What a blockhead.

20/10
Watched it twice, once on the plane to Japan and once on the return trip. Snoopy was the best character.

Cart before horse. That sentiment existed well before Family Guy made a joke about it.

>Not Linus
What are you, gay?

ur mom lmoa

It was just two and even then it was more tragic then sweet since the whole point was that he was so obsessed over his view of "perfection" and has such low self esteem that he indirectly caused another person with low self esteem to get as depressed as him.

It's made even more depressing when you realize Patty is an insert of his wife and she personally saw Schultz health degrade.

I love you so much for this post. I had only read one of these before, and to know that Schulz addressed the Marcie x Charlie x Patty love triangle this much really warms the heart

Before Family Guy, lesbian PP/Marcie was a joke trashy people told at the bar.
It is impossible to state how much Family Guy turned kid culture into trash culture.

I don't think SJWs had much to do with anything until Family Guy popularized the idea. Then some gay fans came up with fanon that treated the idea of lesbian PP sympathetically.

Not very SJWish, though, unless just writing stories about lesbians makes you an SJW. I'm bi, so I read a few, and they're usually sweet and occasionally sad.

Peanuts is really about depression and cynicism.

It's even more depressing when you realize this was the strip before last. Considering the last official strip had no dialogue, you could say this was Schulz' real goodbye to Peanuts.

No, considering he was diagnosed months earlier, he likely had the "final" strip (which consisted of one panel) drawn in advance of this one (they're all drawn in advance, but still).

Patty is a stand-in for Schulz in this strip. A comic strip author whose favorite colleagues and role models have all passed away, who finds himself alone on the field wanting to play just a little longer. "We had fun, didn't we?"

This. Even before FG or SJW existed I heard that joke.

I really dislike the ending but I like the rest of the movie.

Wow! man where do you read it? I wanna read it for myself.

Peppermint Patty had an crush in Charlie before of Marcie first apparition. I think that it began in 1967 or 1968 but I don't remember it very well right now.

During the first years of peanuts Lucy had a crush in Charlie. And

I would choose a white bitch, because I'm tired of husslin' dem hoes for my benji greens! I also got bigger tiddies to lick right now, like what kinda shit I gonna swipe in the abudabi at the mall.

Snoopy is highly overrated.

>I'm bi,

Too much information...

You are correct sir!

>peanuts minus charlie brown

Holy fuck

Lucy

The ending works for me in that it provides a sense of closure for the franchise as a whole

Charlie Brown is what happens when a harem anime protag is a dumb asshole obsessed with some bitch who isn't in the harem

This is the first time I seen Marcie actually get violent. Especially toward Patty. Did this ever come up again?

Not that user, but I find that in interesting opinion. I personally didn't like the ending because it _didn't_ offer a sense of closure, let alone for the whole franchise.

When I was in the cinema hall and it got to that tableaux of the characters froze in the air I was genuinely baffled, 'wait, that can't be the ending??' This confusion was two fold:

1. I was so hyped for the film that watching it felt like it was all over in half an hour
2. It wasn't a Peanuts-y ending. No Peanuts special or movie concludes on such a happy note, and with Charlie Brown actually getting to talk to the LRHG I was anticipating some kind of twist.

That being said, I did absolutely love the film. It's just that the ending happened to be confusing to me.

There's not even a joke. This is just sad.

Isn't that the point? Giving Charlie Brown a win? And it's not even an unreasonable one. It's literally just a girl noticing that he's a nice kid and agreeing to be his pen-pal.It's a small victory but it's still a victory.

Besides He still falls for the football gag in the credits.