Most chaotic election ever?

G'day burgers,
We all know what an unbelievable roller coaster ride this US election has been so far, and it looks like it's only going to get more hectic in the remaining days.

So as an outsider looking in I ask this question; is this the most chaotic election ever seen?

I doubt it. Lincoln won the presidency without a single southern state. That's pretty crazy.

2016 American election is Legend of the Galactic Heroes live action.

No, that would be the election of 1860.
>Whig party disintegrated a few years back
>A no name from a no name party vs 3 Democrats
>1 democrat not even allowed in the south and was shot at a few times when he did try.
>Lincoln won by Dems splitting the vote.

Yes, I think so actually. Fucking hell the civil war 2.0 is really happening

Maybe it's the possible events that happen after which may prove most telling.

the question was "ever seen", not "ever read about after "read about a week after the fact from a newsprint delivered by horse and buggy"

I'll say yes because it's really the first election where people have access to mass information, i.e. a lot of talk about this election is taking place online and not regular people listening to the news like in 2012.

No.

>1800
>Jefferson accused of being a monarchist that fucks his black slave
>Jefferson's VP, Aaron Burr, literally ends up killing his political rival in a duel

>1824
>the House has to decide the results of the election
>the guy with the least amount of votes (Adams) wins

>1840
>one party (Democrats) has been ruling the US for 40 years
>Whigs finally break the monopoly of power
>their candidate dies 1 month into his term

>1876
>highest turn-out of all time
>the guy with the least votes wins by agreeing to end the occupation of the South

>1884
>Cleveland puts an end to 30 years of Republican Presidents
>he only wins thanks to 1,000 votes in Jew York

>1888
>Cleveland loses the election despite winning more votes

>1892
>rematch of 1888 - Cleveland wins

>1896
>context of deep economic crisis
>beginning of the fourth party system
>the 1890s equivalent to Trump, Jennings Bryan, completely changes the Democrat party's main ideology
>Bryan loses to McKinley
>McKinley begins the US' long history of foreign intervention

>1900
>rematch of 1896
>bryan loses again
>mckinley is murdered shortly after the election

>being this obsessed with the political history of a nation you don't belong to
lol

GenXfag here. Certainly the most chaotic election of my lifetime. Nothing comes close.
I think this is the only time I'll see something like this. By the next election cycle, (((they))) will know what to expect and shut it down.

>being this obsessed with wars you shouldn't be part of
lol

Merely a fan of history, my sharty friend.

>Not remembering the tumult caused by Ross Perot in '92
>Not remembering the hanging chads of '00

Back to your mom's basement millennial scum

wut

Now that I'm a jaded adult, all I see is shitty CGI

>is this the most chaotic election ever seen?
not necessarily. I think Trump has been consistently trounced and has always been on a steady decline. Except for the primaries. That was the most contested primary ever.

>>Not remembering the tumult caused by Ross Perot in '92
>>Not remembering the hanging chads of '00
fuck you I saw Ross Perot speak at my college.
I saw that staged video of him jumpstarting his truck in front of reporters. Think a millenial knows about that? He was interesting but not Trump level.
The hanging chad nonsense was a race between globalist A or globalist B.

By far.

Most the very controversial, chaotic, and interesting elections (1800, 1824, 1860, 1876, 1916) happened when politics were handled in a very backroom manner, so people didn't get to see how the process worked up close. 1948 and 1960 were both close and weird, but still generally civil (even if JFK stole the 1960 election thanks to the mob).

2000 went off the rails, but that really didn't have a nasty campaign. The problem in 2000 was that Florida fucked up and everyone spent a month talking about hanging chads and counting ballots.

This election is by far the biggest mess ever in presidential politics. Cable news, social media, billion dollar campaigns, and mean candidates have created something that's insane. I'm freaked out over how bad 2020 is going to be.

Trump is probably by far the most controversial candidate ever

but thats about it

>2020
It will be chaos if 4 year plan fails.