Disney sequel threads

Disney sequel threads.

Favorite?
Least favorite?
Is there any movie you wish got a sequel but didn't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CwQrEUZDJCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Undisputed best sequel is pic related, it's as good or better than the source material.

Worst is Hunchback 2. That was a true abortion compared to its source.

Pinocchio should have gotten a sequel where pinnoch goes to help save the donkey boys and defeat the Coachman along with Honest John and Gideon.

Watching it now it's pretty meh but this was my shit when I was a kid. "A World Without Fences" is one of the most overlooked disney songs, in my opinion

>Favorite?
The Aladdin sequels
>Least favorite?
Of the ones I actually watched, Hunchback of Notre Dame 2.
>Is there any movie you wish got a sequel but didn't?
Great Mouse Detective. Further movies about Basil solving mysteries would've been neat.

Extremely goofy movie. It's a historical archive of the dawn of the new millenium

this

ahead of its time when it first came out

worst is Hunchback 2 hands down

It's a clean tie between The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 and Little Mermaid 2. The former for the awfulness of its story, the latter for being the ugliest, most pitiable animation Disney ever committed to film. Both are abominations that should be purged from existence.

Best?

1. Aladdin and the King of Thieves
2. Rescuers Down Under
3. Mulan 2
4. 101 Dalmations 2

Favorite has always been and will always be Aladdin and the King of Thieves.

Least favorite is probably Hunchback 2.

Also I would've liked a sequel to The Great Mouse Detective; the first movie had some fun worldbuilding going on and more would've been nice.

I've seen two of them, and they weren't great.

Bambi 2
>Rehash of Bambi's growth into a badass from the first one
>Ronno is completely pointless and only serves to make Bambi's stepmom stumble into a trap
>tries to expand upon the personality of the Great Prince, who is not an interesting character
>The Great Prince's hinted at tough love for Bambi is made completely overt until you are beaten over the head with it

The Lion King 2
>Kovu overcomes his years of evil brainwashing in the space of one scene
>Kiara is completely forgettable
>Simba says that Scar "couldn't give up his hatred, and it destroyed him," as though Scar was Khan from Star Trek. Scar wasn't destroyed by his own hatred, he was killed by Simba for being a greedy, murderous asshole
>shitty songs
>Zira is unmenacing

Considering these two are usually considered the best of the direct to DVD sequels, that can't bode well for the others. Although I've heard good things about the Aladdin sequels.

Jungle Book 2 is top tier simply because of Mae Whitman voicing an attractive bait character.

Aladdin 2 is top tier because is actually stays true to the original.

Rescuers Down Under has a better plot than the original.

Little Mermaid 2 at least had a solid Rule 34 character introduced.

Outside of those, they're all forgetablle.

Toy Story 2 is good

>Considering these two are usually considered the best of the direct to DVD sequels
Who said that? The best ones are Cinderella 3 and Aladdin's movie with his father.
I'm one of those people that liked the Lion King 3 a lot more that the shit that was Lion king 2.

This made a certain character even better
youtube.com/watch?v=CwQrEUZDJCk

Also, I still remember enjoying Kronk's New Groove.

>Lion King 3
The Timon and Pumbaa one?

I want a Tangled sequel
Frozen is ok, but Tangled is better

I love Lion King 2
Kovu is somhow sexy...

The Great Mouse Detective would have been amazing as a series. Imagine a Talespin or Duck Tales or Rescue Rangers or Darkwing Duck tier show about Mouse Sherlock. Amazing

Tangled got a short and a show, user
A show

mulan 2 is my least favorite

>The animation is actually decent
What the shit, I was looking at clips of Aladdin and the King of Thieves and Atlantis 2 and they were bitter ass compared to this.

Come to think of it, I remember Lion King 1 1/2 having good animation too, regardless of what you think of the story.

I know and I like the show, but a movie would be great

>Scar wasn't destroyed by his own hatred, he was killed by Simba for being a greedy, murderous asshole
Simba didn't kill Scar. He was eaten alive by the hyenas.

The only thing I don't like about Lion King 1 1/2 is that they ruined the original's opening scene with a fart joke. I thought the rest of the movie was hilarious.