Well damn. I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the first two, but I wasn't expecting THIS...

Well damn. I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the first two, but I wasn't expecting THIS. Even the positive reviews are flat out saying it's not great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mOF4Jam_JKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

im gonna see it anyway

i bet it is in fact good but its such a clear cash grab that people are judging it more critically than the first two lego films

its like a double cash grab because theyre both capitalizing on the success of lego films and trying to promote legos silly new franchise

>silly new franchise
Ninjago's been around since 2011. They had plenty of time and material to work with to iron out a script that wasn't garbage.
Also: Lego should be careful about capitalizing too quickly and too hard on the movies. They were damn lucky the first movie turned out to be the lightning in a bottle that it was, because everyone was expecting it to be a critical and commercial disaster.

I'm concern about the film being too formulated to be like the last two films. The Lego Movie had a perfect balance of corny, Lego Batman was in your face too much but at least tolerable, now i'm worried that they're continuing this route in Ninjago. I'm still seeing it though.

Of course it's not getting good reviews. It's based on the cartoon series that critics have never heard of, and even then it doesn't really have much to do with that series so any fans/kids that are going in expecting it to be like the show will be disappointed.

It only means that nobody likes ninjas

Why are millennials so obsessed with RT?

also we live in a post emoji movie world

>It's based on the cartoon series
It's a total reboot though.

I'm sorry to hear that it's bad. I thought it looked cute.

I only saw a short trailer on TV, and it looks far worse than the previous two movies by far. The detail to the world is almost entirely gone, they use normal effects like fire and smoke instead of lego blocks and the comedy didn't seem as fast paced as the other two.
Of course it could be that the trailer in my country was just shittingly edited together, but considering they normally only show the best parts of the movie, i don't feel pretty excited about this.
Then of course the whole thing with the cartoon series, which i have never watched, but apparently it is a reboot, thus i don't need to...just feels like a bad marketing choice all over the place

>normal effects instead of lego blocks

thats actually super disappointing but maybe they thought "lego" fx would distract from the seriousness of the ninjas? then again it doesnt seem terribly serious...

it IS probably cheaper/easier to use regular fx

youtube.com/watch?v=mOF4Jam_JKY

remember when they made fun of this movie's existence back in 2014

>Emmet's voice
I guess Crisp Rat was a little expensive for the short?

>I'm concern about the film being too formulated to be like the last two films.

We can hope that the failure of this movie - and it will fail, mark my words - will teach the people in charge of the LEGO film license that overbearing "quirky" meta-humor does not and will not work for every film.

Then again, LEGO has a video game dynasty where every game with the LEGO license plays exactly the same, so who knows.

At least thanks to Lego Batman we got minifigures of obscure dc villains.
Artbook was very nice.

Will Ninjago movie get one too?

The Lego meme is getting too comfortable with its current success. They need to dial it back for a while and just stick to making more Lego Elves seasons on Netflix. Those waifus make my dick rock hard.

I miss Bionicle.

People love games that play exactly the same. The fact that Assassin's Creed is still somehow a thing proves that.

>teach the people in charge of the LEGO film license that overbearing "quirky" meta-humor does not and will not work for every film.
The sweet spot of meta humor is a funny writer + people being familiar with the source, and no one fucking knows ninjago. Lego Batman wouldn't have worked without decades of "they're this close to being gay" jokes behind it.

it's from a kid's tv show. I doubt they were expecting this to be well received by the critics.

:')

If there have been two ninjago films before why is it not called ninjago 3?

>will not work for every film.
I think it would work better for nexo knights than ninjago.

Hey now, you can shit on those crappy adventure games all you want.
But there are some good lego games, like legoland.

Oh wait you mean lego movie and lego batman.
Is this in the universe of those films rather than the universe of the show? Sounds like a dumb idea if so.

And lego city undercover.

holy shit its almost like something titled "ninja go" isnt meant to be a serious commentary

I don't really care enough about Lego games to dislike or even play them. I was just looking for an opportunity to shit on Assassin's Creed.

Identity politics is a scourge.

Ah, shit, Denmark is non-white now?

Am I one of the few people that thought The Lago Movie was stupid? I thought every character was annoying as hell.

I think they're talking about martial arts.

Yes. But that's okay, not everything is for everyone.
I never cared for Spongebob, but this whole site fucking loves that show.

I liked it more than the other 2 movies t b h, but i guess critics are sick of Lego, and also can't identify with a movie if it doesn't have constant pop culture references.

Have you seen the show? It's bland as all fuck.

>I'm concern about the film being too formulated to be like the last two films
That's what most of the reviews are saying

And this is why RT is trash.

Seriously, why are literally whos like this allowed to contribute?

I think the Lego movie was popular because it told a story that could only be told in Lego, and The Batman Movie was popular because it relied on an established franchise, this movie, while great, catches all the brunt of the criticism these critics have been saving up because they were to scared to use them on the last two movies.

I'm only watching it for Zane

If you couldn't guess it was going to be shit from the trailer, I don't know what to tell you.

This is the fuckest thing I've ever read.

The supporting cast was a turn off, and I didn't like the live action scene.

wow, really activates my almonds

I'm willing to bet it's just a bunch of these reviews. If I wasn't so close to being broke with all my other expenses, I'd go see it this week.

Me too. In like 20 minutes. There's literally nothing else too watch anymore this year. Maybe except Coco, but it's going to be same Pixar thing as usual.

That bridge fight was sweet.

These cutaway gags were more annoying than funny.

This human gets it.

Who is this bitch and why does she want to ruin the name Kayti.

I'm an avid Lego fan and Ninjago is one of my favorite themes so I'm still pretty pumped to see it. I already knew it would be bashed because it's not "normal" Lego like the first one and doesn't have the comic book audience Batman did, so I'm just gonna ignore the critics.

Yes it already has one.

Yeah, agree. Ninjago was always the most serious incarnation of the Lego franchise, it is what makes it stand out among other Lego products. Taking it away pretty much ruins the whole charme it has.

I think it has to deal with fatigue. Maybe they should've released one Lego movie a year, instead of two, which they'll do again in 2019.

What's the yeeart count?

>dad is a fuck up.
>mom wasn't completely honest.
>son has to apologize.

wtf?

>that trope where they throw an object offscreen and you hear screaming cat
>they actually showed the cat hit by the object

>A complete Non sequitur of a review

Well shit, time to set my bar low and hope for an enjoyable experience.

i went with this mindset, and enjoyed it.

but yes, the "formula" is there, you don't notice it in pixar/disney movies because they are only once a year.

They even had a female role pushing the movie a bit on Project Runway.
They keep pushing shitty animation on Project Runway.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRTTTTT

don't we all

It's weird how the trailers for Lego Batman used lego blocks for things that the actual movie used effects for, like Bruce spitting out water.

Let it go Watkins

I did until 2015 happened. It's better off gone. NuLego can't handle it.

>tfw legends of chima movie never

Without all the I'M SUCH AN EPIC BATMAN NERD XD shit that blinded people to how bad Lego Batman was, all that's left is the unfunny comedy and one-dimensional characters.

>i bet it is in fact good
No.

It's not.

First post worst post.

Horses the movie now stands a legitimate chance of success

Zane's easily the best ninja.
He has one of the best jokes in the whole movie early on.