Just got to this episode

Just got to this episode.

Holy shit, the daughter scene

There's nothing quite like it.

Bojack literally did nothing wrong

gold

It's important for me that you recognize that there's literally no justification that even begins to make what Bojack did in this episode okay.

But he didn't do anything?

Oh boy! It's been awhile since we've had this thread!

Emily is an adult woman who can make her own decisions

oh wait wrong episode

What was worse: Trying to fuck Penny, or getting Sarah Lynn to OD?

Obviously, Sarah Lynn dying was more tragic, but it was unintentional, as opposed to trying to sleep with Penny, where Bojack knew exactly what he was doing and how morally bankrupt it was.

Typical pedophile tactics of brushing off blame

>Holy shit, the daughter scene

Charlotte was in the wrong. There is nothing wrong with banging a barely legal teen.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering it, but wasn't Bojack in the process of telling her how wrong and fucked up it would be if they had sex when Charlotte walked in?

Legally no, but when you're doing it because you couldn't bang her mom, then there's a moral issue.

He was still in a position where they could have sex which is completely reasonable for Charlotte to assume would have happened.

If Bojack was legitimately not going to have sex, he should have refused any and all advances from the first place.

Nah, he brushed her off a few times, but then gave in. He was going to do it; Charlotte walking in was the only thing that stopped him.

Go ahead and let one of your bros fuck your daughter because he couldn't fuck your wife

Mumbling under your breath about how wrong something is as you pull out your dick to fuck a child isn't exactly protest

No; Chain of Events:

1. Penny made a pass at Bojack, Bojack said no and how disgusting that would be and told her to go to bed

2. Bojack met with Charlotte in the backyard, made a pass at her and got rejected

3. Bojack went back to sleep in his boat, found Penny still waiting outside, and this time invited her into his bedroom

4. Charlotte catches Bojack and Penny in bed as they're beginning to undress.

>He was going to do it;

Was there any indication of that? All I remember is her, fully clothed, standing several feet away from him. Not exactly an overture to sex.

I'll have to rewatch it, thanks for the rundown

this

You are remarkably mistaken

Funny how anons selective memory works.

Guys, I think she was just helping him take off his bow tie. That seems pretty innocent!

who the fuck has shoes on for sex, it was clear she was just fixing his tie

Key amendment to number 3, he didn't explicitly invite her to his room, he told her to "go to bed" and left the door to his room open. It's not really a moral issue and he was def in the wrong, but I think it's interesting from a character development perspective. Bojack talks big and acts all dramatic, but when the real shit goes down he tends to be a lot more passive and even fatalistic.

>worst pedophile legal team
He was just helping clean out her vagina with his dick! She should be thankful

>Pedophile

She was 17 which is legal in New Mexico. The only thing BJ did wrong was not absolutely wrecking that pussy.

Bojack isn't a resident of New Mexico. They have laws for this to protect children but I wouldn't expect a pedophile to even care about said laws to begin with

>17
>pedophilia
Are you by chance a 30+ year old woman with no children?

Just because something is legal doesn't mean you're not a huge cunt for doing it

Eh, he told her no a couple of times. That's good enough.

A past acquaintance I crushed on who is married with two children won't accept my romantic advances.
>Better fuck her daughter as a means of letting out repressed feelings.
Bojack was hard to even pity after this for me.

He could've said no a few more times, it's not like that's out of the question here

Those feelings need to go somewhere. Why not in her daughter> Or on her daughters face? I doubt she's ready for his repressed feelings in her butthole though. That takes a lot of prep.

You say no twice and you're in the clear faggot. That's been the rule forever.

What about his right hand? As for why not the daughter, I think the episode showed why that was a bad idea

So what, some kid asks you to stick it in his ass three three times and you're not a gay pedophile?

Because her bitch of a mom will walk in and ruin everything? That doesn't make it a bad idea. It just means Penny needs to learn to lock the fucking door behind her.

More or less.

Gl explaining that to the courts/your parents m8

If you think taking your sexual frustrations out on the daughter of the woman you're in love with will any way improve the situation you are literally retarded

>it's not fucking a child because I say so. Nevermind the law that says it is

>replying to someone without reading their entire post
Jesus christ I didn't used to think this happened that often but now that I've started to notice, it seems like it happens to every other post I make.

The law says it's ok. That's the point.

In New Mexico, the law (which in your own words is all that matters) legally says she's not a child.

Of course, I wouldn't assume a country that still uses the Imperial system to grasp rational thought.

Federal law says otherwise. There are laws put in place to prevent outsiders from traveling to your state to fuck all the youngins they can get their hands on and then heading back to their own state where it's still illegal. It's meant to stifle child sex rings and tourism. You're not granted the protection of the state you're fucking children in since its not your state

>in your own words is all that matters
I never said New Mexico's laws are the only laws that matters but keep putting words in my mouth because your statement can't stand without doing so

No, the real question is who was in the wrong here?

Federal age of consent is 12, our state's laws range from 16-18 typically. Its not a big deal, America is very puritan in this regard.

>the person who felt sad over a lost loved ones lose
Or
>the person who didn't want to consol them and opted to have their brain removed

Why didn't they just show the conversation that led up to that?

Because they wanted you to fill in the blanks anons.

She has absurdly tiny feet.

It was a simple medical procedure recommended at the time user. You can't expect a non expert of the period to know any better...
Not that he would give a shit anyway.

It's still pretty weird for 50 year old man to be fucking a 17 year old because she reminds him of her mom. Penny even calls him a grown up.

You'd fuck a hot 50-something woman with a successful career at 17 user.
And when you're 50 and single you'll wish you had younger pussy eager for the D.

No one. They both knew she was being hysterical, and there was only one way to fix it.

She pretty much begged him to do it and it's not like he did it just because she had a case of the sads. She damn near killed their only remaining child.

I'm not into women

LONDON

>the person who felt sad over a lost loved ones lose
You're forgetting the fact she got drunk and nearly caused the death of her daughter. She also begged her husband to make her better, telling him to do anything. It's not like she was dragged through with it against her will, it was voluntary.

He also goes on record saying if he knew what the result would've been he never would've agreed with it.

The Doctors who recommended the lobotomy

Never trust a doctor user. One minute you're wrecking a pussy, the next they're stealing your foreskin.

*might not have agreed with it

Needs a tiny, barely readable part on the bottom saying: "or I'll fucking kill you"

Depends if you judge people by the moral standards of their time, or by ours.

By ours the dad is definitely in the wrong on every front, although the mother was a danger to the public so dealing with her in some way would still be necessary.
But by the standers of 1940-1950? I'd say he wasn't.
He was never trained or prepared by society to deal with this sort of thing, and can't react to it well. His wife who is supposed to maintain his household and raise his children while he works has gone insane from grief, and publicly embarrassed the faimly, not to mention almost got his daughter, their only surviving kid, killed.
Then his wife begging for him to fix her he hears about a new fangled treatment said to work wonders for people just like his wife.
He didn't know what the lobotomy would do, he just wanted to fix his family so his daughter could be raised properly.

This makes me angry because the whole point is that trying to blame or forgive him is irrelevant. They overdid it with the inflammatory imagery.

Judging people of the past by modern standards is ridiculous. In 100 years the people of that time will consider many things that we consider humane completely immoral by their standards. The standards of the day don't exist in a vacuum. Circumstances change, the data improves, and hindsight is always 20/20. Really judging the people in the past as a whole is kind of dumb but if you have to at least try to give them the benefit of the doubt and judge them by what they had available to them.

You don't fuck your friend's kids.
Full. Fucking. Stop.

What if your friends kids are sexy?

I'd rather have my friend fuck my daughteru than some black guy

See the aforementioned rule.

And I'd rather have a black guy rape my daughter, than have her murdered.
The optimal situation is still for neither of those to happen.

Your aforementioned rule doesn't say anything about the offspring being sexy so I have to assume it's permissible.

I need a doe MILF in my life

Penny was immature and desperate to prove herself and adult. Bojack was old enough to see and recognize that. It was only when he was broken down that he gave in.
They re-emphasize this when he runs into her in season 3 and she talks about how young she was. She finally grew up a bit and realized how gross the whole thing was. I'm always surprised how many people don't get it.

That's what he did wrong you thick headed turd.

Plus later in the season at the AA meeting he admits that he doesn't know if he would've stopped there, he likes to think he would, but he doesn't think he would have.

...why would you rather have your daughter murdered than have sex with your friend? Like I know you're trying to make a point here and I agree but I'd rather my daughter be alive than horribly mutilated. Are your friends that garbage?

Why would it deserve a "holy shit"? Bojack has a lot of legit horrible moments. Getting kissed by a 17yo isn't one of them. Charlotte totally overreacted there. If Penny isn't a piece of shit, she explained what happened a long time ago and Charlotte no longer hates him.

On a side note. Are Americans really so helpless that they take people to the hospital for alcohol poisoning? It's super easy to treat: you take a lot of water, make it sweet with a syrup or just sugar, make the person drink that shit and make them throw up, rinse and repeat until it comes out completely clear and then put them to bed. Normal water works as well, but it's a lot harder to drink a lot of it.

Unless the person literally drank themselves into a unresponsive coma, there's no reason to get medics involved. And even then, you stick them into an ice-cold shower and slap them around a bit to make sure first.

She didn't overreact at all. Penny was not even close to mature enough to understand that Bojack was just using her because he couldn't get to her mom. She was clearly innocent about these things, which Bojack knew full well and rejected her for it before.

It was messed up to begin with, but it got 20 times worse when you know that he only finally agreed, after believing it was morally wrong before, because Penny's mom wouldn't bang him. Charlotte would never have forgiven him because she's aware of all of this. she rejects him, so he goes and fucks her daughter instead.

Nobody would forgive this. Nobody would want to be around that person anymore even if their daughter was fucking 35 when it happened. It was a shitty move in every respect even if you take away the "she's still a kid" aspect.

Is it just contrarianism that makes people defend things like this and Beatrice's father?

I actually think it's people who just have little experience with sex and still think it's the most amazing thing ever that don't realize everything else Bojack torched in that moment.

the jews

This.

>child

She was legal

Bojack did nothing wrong.

>than some black guy
what if it's a Wayne Brady?

but I'm your only friend

>little experience with sex
Exactly. Who gives a fuck? So he would have stuck his dick in that girl. So what? It's not fucking Saudi Arabia, she's not ruined for life and sentenced to stoning afterwards. It's only people who think that sex is always this super-intimate and super romantic thing that only happens between people who are truly in love, that think this is some sort of scandalous behavior. So instead of fucking a guy at some college party a year later, she would have lost her V-card to an older man. What's the big deal?

As for motivation, again — who cares? She wanted it, so why is Bojack the villain? It's not like he was considering it out of revenge. I think that's why they even made her 17: they wouldn't have a proper case for Bojack being in the wrong without that detail.

He did something wrong but 3 is wrong. He left his door open, she came in and he didn't kick her out.

*hardly would have bothered

She was a stupid kid making a bad choice that would only end up hurting her. It's the parental job description to try to stop your kids from doing that shit.

He's the villain because he's a piece of shit inflicting himself on some stupid kid. It has nothing to do with whatever anti-puritanical horseshit you want to bark about.

Just because she's not ruined for life doesn't mean it won't negatively affect her. She's an inexperienced kid and Bojack is a grown man with serious issues. Bojack is the villain because he should and DID know better, and it's even worse that it's the daughter of the woman who just rejected him. They made her 17 so he wasn't completely irredeemable, and yes, you're meant to assume that Bojack would have never even attempted if she wasn't legal.

That still doesn't make what he did right. He took advantage of someone at the worst possible time to do so at that.

more like absurdly cute

>consensual sex negatively affects your life
What are you even talking about? It's not like she wanted to marry him or something.

>took advantage
Except he didn't. She wanted sex and he had no reason to deny her.

If anyone was being a dick here it's Charlotte for treating Bojack like he was about to fucking murder her daughter and not just have sex with her. Or that sex with him is some horrifying experience no one should be subjected to.

tell it to the judge you sicko

Because he torched his relationship with Charlotte for it beyond all repair. He seemed genuinely happy and content around the family, but made the same self-destructive choices he always makes. And he only goes to Penny because her mom just rejected him. And Penny was, in fact, too young, and she even admitted it in season 3. It was a messed up situation all around, and as an adult Bojack should and did have the knowledge to do better. He just keeps making the same boneheaded decisions that make his life spiral worse and worse out of control.

Just because you don't consider sex something intimate, does not mean that other people should not see it that way.
Sex is situational in regards to morality, and in the boat situation, it was morally wrong to let Penny do something foolish. Bojack was wrong on not doing what was right, especially after the situation he had put Charlotte in with the 'escape with me' stuff.

But Penny wasn't one of those decisions. All the hate over it is misguided white knight moralfaggotry: just reverse the genders and it immediately becomes alright and a great way for "Penn" to end his prom night.

Trying to fuck Penny, no contest.