User! You said you had a cartoon idea?

Tell me all about it! I like a good story, give me the details..!

It's a story about a hack who goes on cartoon forums oddly situated on anime sites and steals ideas from random individuals to profit off of for himself. It's called* Rent is due in a week and Jessica is gonna leave me, what has my life become. Oh god oh god oh god*

Listen, ghost, I don't know who you are or who told you I have an idea for a cartoon, but I don't. So go be dead and invisible elsewhere.

A depression-era homeless man gets abducted and forced to work at an office job at a futuristic office on Mars.

Meals that are on wheels

Maybe shorten the title? And change the story entirely?
But I'm a friendly ghost! And I'm already on Sup Forums, where else am I supposed to go? C'mon, what's the harm in telling a story?
Strange. Is there a lot of dry humor?

Are you okay if I post a cartoon idea that I post in a lot of threads like these?

a series of shorts staring a cave girl in prehistoric times. She has a large makeshift cigar in her mouth (made from random materials she finds lying around in the wilderness.) and rather than communicate verbally she blows different shapes out of smoke

The wacky antics of a cult worshipping an eldritch horror from another dimension. Sort of like the Lovecraft Mythos meets Father Ted

Go for it! Maybe I haven't seen it?!
Who's the rest of the cast? More cave people that are dumb? Cave people that are smart? Dinosaurs? Sentient talking dinosaurs?
I love wacky antics! Oooh, it'd be super funny if one of the cult members WAS the eldritch horror they all worship. He/It liked the attention and wanted to partake in the group fun.

A macabre yet light-hearted animated comedy series set in a rather gloomy and old-fashioned mental asylum in the middle of the woods, where nights seem to last far longer than days. The asylum is quite large and sprawling, and the architecture is downright bizarre in some places. The characters would be the various patients and staff members, with roughly equal levels of sanity between them. For example, the head (and only) nurse is an 11 year old girl, and the only orderly is a hulking brute with a spiked ball replacing his right hand. Tonally, the show's inspired by stuff like Ruby Gloom and Courage the Cowardly Dog

The main character is a wide-eyed and spacey little girl. She has long, slightly unkempt red hair that reaches to her knees. She’s rather loopy, eccentric, abundantly creative, and unusual. She also scares easily, and has trouble making new friends due to her personality. Unfortunately, having these traits caused her to be diagnosed as certifiably insane and sent to the asylum. She wears a hospital gown, a makeshift ribbon made out of a scrap of cloth, and a pair of soft white slippers. She adjusts rather easily to the asylum, but she adamantly insists that she’s perfectly sane, though she does sometimes doubt her own sanity.

I've also worked on a few scripts for it, but I'm not sure who to pitch it to at the moment

I love Ruby Gloom, and I was getting that vibe from it. I really like the idea, it could really work! How 'light-hearted' would it be? It could be as mild-mannered as Ruby Gloom, or it could have some "adult" themes, like what happens to the really-loopy patients, showing blood, etc. Also, who's the rest of the cast?! I'd LOVE to see a wide arrange of weirdos and looneys that cover a spectrum of personalities, and it would be even better if they (the ones that were capable of it) had this little tight-knit family going on. The beginning episodes would be her meeting everyone, and slowly getting integrated into that family. More story is revealed, back stories start to get touched on (including hers), and everyone engages in mishaps turned adventures throughout the asylum. Oh, God, I really like this story!!

Okay, thanks

A sci-fi/Space Western/Opera/Fantasy about two estranged fraternal twins reuniting upon their father's death to both inherit his strange, blackbox alien freighter ship as well as a list of jobs he had not been able to complete.

The twins must set aside their differences and join forces with the Ship's amnesic AI avatar and an alien* hitwoman to unravel the mysteries surrounding their late father, his businesses, and the secrets of the galaxy, and learn more about eachother along the way.

The male twin is a space cowboy, his sister is a space samurai. (to the point where I used the tacky pun of naming the son 'Ushio' and the daughter 'Samara')

It's a universe of lost civilizations, truly bizarre alien peoples, of giant mecha, of space ships, and psychic powers.

and I can't do a much better summary in my current sleep deprived state.

>Okay, thanks
That's all?? Come on, I'm more than ready to listen, and you end it with "Okay thanks"??? Rave about it user!
Ooh, I like this too. A nice adventure-y story with a mix of action, romance, comedy, and mystery. I'd say it's a "general" genre, but it's a good one! A little bit of everything can make a story great! If I had to take a guess, I'd say one of the big mysteries of the show is "Where's the mom?". Am I right?

Well, what sorts of things would you like to know more about specifically?

What are you doing.

>How 'light-hearted' would it be?
>Also, who's the rest of the cast?!

>mostly light hearted, but with a few darker themes and jokes here and there
>the other patients and staff of the asylum. I was thinking one of them would be a ghost girl

No ...you might steal it and become wildly successful and rich.

I'm lending an ear to those people out there that need it! I love threads like these, because I get to see what everyone else comes up with and I get to indulge in their stories. I read what people say, and then I ask questions about it and tack on some loose ideas to maybe get some inspiration for them. Is that so wrong?

see ;3

I've posted this before, but maybe you haven't seen it yet

A middle-aged barbarian frost giant is cursed and turned into a dwarf.

He tries to find a spell to reverse this, learning several other spells (particularly ice spells) in the process, and becomes somewhat of a wizard. Naturally, his ice magic would start off small but grow in power as the series progresses

Since his home is too big for him to live in now, he stays in an inn in a town for more human-sized people. Some of the inn's other regulars include a zombie peasant girl who's all too willing to help him with anything (he treats her more like a minion than anything, at least at first.) and an ogre/troll (not sure which one yet) who's an aspiring barbarian who was a fan of the wizard's back when he was a giant. The three would essentially be the main trio of the show. At first the dwarf wouldn't respect the other two much, seeing them as easy servants, but he'd warm up to them over time

The show would be a comedic fantasy (though preferably without anachronistic jokes because those are in pretty much every comedic fantasy) with fantasy elements loosely based off of Norse Mythology. It would be sort of a domestic fantasy, with most of the episodes taking place in and around the town

Still Not quite sure if the episodes should be 11 minute or 22 minutes.

Fuck it, why not

The story is about a young girl in a world that's kind of a classic fantasy take on early America (think around 1700's). The girl grew up on a farm idolizing her grandfather who was a former Woodsman (basically the adventurers of this world) who told her stories of hunting vicious monsters, surviving off the land, taught her too shoot and survive in the woods, etc. He died later in her life and when she turned 16 she took his flintlock rifle, knife, and set out into the world to become one of the first female Woodsmen, using her wits and the lessons her grandfather taught her to make up for her shortcomings as a woman.
During this time, an event known as the cruel wars is going on, the first war in human history fought with rifles and explosives, the death toll is unlike anything experienced before. This serves as the backdrop to the birth of the series antagonist, the first wendigo to be seen for centuries, extraordinarily powerful and violent monsters that make everything else pale in comparison, a beast that most Woodsmen believe doesn't exist early in the series, but slowly and surely becomes a massive threat as it consumes entire towns and leaves a trail of death within cities, seemingly impossible to kill with normal weapons.
>Why is the main character a girl
Honestly I just think it'd be cute too see a just barely 5' girl carrying around a knife the size of her forearm and a rifle nearly as long as she is (consider most woodsmen are absolutely fuck huge), plus maybe add a little extra challenge to her so she has to learn to fight smarter, not harder; granted the average beast shits all over even the biggest humans in sheer bulk and most woodsmen also have to rely heavily on their wits, they at least have a little more luxury to throw around some weight if things get really desperate.

She wasn't until now.

Really the bulk of the cast would be those four mentioned.

I haven't cooked up too many villains and antagonists yet, but I want to focus on keeping the protagonist cast small so I can go into plenty of detail with their histories and develop them thoroughly, hopefully to avoid 'main character blandness'.

But to summarize the twins, I sort of imagine them a bit like Stanley and Stanford Pines, though each one has had a role in the other's downfalls, but also each had a hand in their zeniths as well. Part of their shared story is burying the past.

As for 'light-heartedness' it would vary a bit. As an action series and a sci-fi with supernatural elements.

The setting is inspired by /tg/'s Space Superstitions thread, the sci-fi filk album Carmen Miranda's Ghost, and the Stardust CYOA.

I think she was asking

Norse mythology is definitely ripe for parody

Honestly, a Ghost haunting a cafe could make for an okay cartoon. Maybe some kind of shorts series or the central hub of an anthology.

Like a less rotting Crypt Keeper.

Its the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world

A girl accidentally time travels into the distant past and meets her ancestor. She lives with her ancestor while trying to find a way back to the present, all while desperately trying to not erase herself from existence

>OP asks for ideas
>Abandons own thread

suspicious.

It's about an eldritch abomination trying to blend in with human society to study humans and attempt to become one because it believes humans are gods and it could also become a god.
The reason for its belief is because humans constantly boast about "making things," it doesn't understand that they mean they just convert things like trees into chairs, but legitimately will objects into being which only gods can do, and it also doesn't understand that somethings aren't "alive." So it comes to understand that humans form their own pocket dimensions (houses) where they are the gods of everything within it and that if it doesn't like something than the human solution is to kill it.
Think in one episode it gets a chair as a slave and expects it to do things, but when it inevitable does nothing it gets bored of it and uses it's powers to light it on fire (aka, "kill" it).
No, I don't mean this as some kind of social commentary or whatever, I just like the idea of a terrifyingly power main character with a blue and orange morality misunderstanding mundane stuff as being extraordinary feats of godhood

A little girl who lives in the belly of a sea monster as it swims all over the ocean

A loli that helps some dude in a pseudo-romantic but not sexual way. It's based on a webcomic.

What webcomic?

These are all me :c

Yep, I have seen this before! It's a curious idea, and I like it. I'd recommend the 11 minutes for one episode, so you'd get the 2 in a 30 minute bracket.

Interesting! Making the main character a girl would add on a lot more trials for this adventure, most of it being.. well, sexist. It adds a lot of conflict, more so compared to what this adventure has in store already.

Yep, that was a goof on my part.. But, none the less, , keeping the main cast small so you could focus on them and their development is a smart move. But don't let that limit how many "unique" characters you make. We'll get more info the the main characters, yes, but that shouldn't leave supporting and re-occurring cast from having a bit of development!

LMAO YES, GHOST CAFE!

Also interesting! Putting a skew on what we call "normal" can bring up some actual thinking, but more than likely humor.

>I'd recommend the 11 minutes for one episode, so you'd get the 2 in a 30 minute bracket.

Alright, that could work. Any other thoughts on the idea?

What do you think of this one?

A boy from Earth awakens one day in a magical world of adventure with an old wizened swordsman telling him that he has been chosen for his bravery and if he completes his mission he will be returned home.

That was four years ago. He's killed countless warlords, demons, villains and just plain bad dudes and is not a single step closer to going back home. Nearly resigned to his new reality he comes across a small group of kids from Earth under attack by assassins. Fighting them off he is informed that his mentor, the man who has trained him, sheltered him and been like a father to him is the great evil, having been using this soldier, specifically selected for his potential as his own little attack dog.

This originally started off as a novel idea but as it got deeper into development the overall themes and really tone of the series started looking more and more like it would fit better in a visual medium. Mostly because I've been rereading Vagabond recently.

Take the transported to another world cliche. Don't deconstruct it or try to make it overly dark and edgy to shame people who like the escapism of the idea. Just take the idea, mix it with a Stephen Hunter novel and Tom Clancy.

26 episodes. 22 minutes long. First season would be one closed storyline about him trying to find his mentor and gank him.

This is just a terrible sketch, and it's probably not what you imagined her as, but I wanted to take a shot! :3

Thanks!

Well, if you go with 11 minutes, you could make 22 minute ones episodic specials. As for story, hm... What if, for a special, the dwarf changed back into his original, giant self? It'd be a shock for everyone, and it would remind him of his goal. Meaning, he settled into this life of being a magic dwarf when he's supposed to be this intimidating figure. While the life he had gotten isn't bad, for a few certain others, it would be like a downgrade. "You accepted this pathetic life as a dwarf? What of your old, prideful, giant self?"

Having the story focused immediately on her meeting her ancestor is probably not the best move. I'd say have her meet some random folks who she becomes acquainted with over time as she tries to figure out how to get back. THEN, have her meet her ancestor, introduce the conflict of changing history, etc. But it's your idea! If you can make it work, work it!

So the show is focused on this boy, now man(?), trying to murder his mentor, who he found out was "the great evil" he needs to kill to be set free? Not that I'm questioning it, just trying to confirm it for myself haha. Okay, so would these other children be taken under his wing? If so, they could tell him about how the world has changed (and it could introduce the "two worlds moving at different times" troupe). Also, would the mentor/great evil still be the big evil? I mean, if you're raising a kid for four years, are you really capable of keeping to your true self of villainy? If he hasn't changed, so be it, but if he HAS, for the better, then that makes the story kind of... tragic... sad face.

I was thinking him finding out how to turn back would be the finale

Ghost user here, I gotta go to bed, but keep posting ideas! I loved reading all of the ones here, even if I had already seen them. Hopefully I inspired some, or at least got some gears turning for their stories. I'll toss out some more terrible sketches for everyone later, I can assure you. See ya around!

If you want I could describe my ideas for how the characters from my thing would look

>Okay, so would these other children be taken under his wing?
Not at first. His personality makes for a great student but as a teacher his edges make it a bit difficult.

He's not a loner and he's not gruff and mean but he doesn't have a teacher's patience especially after four years of working with someone who is very very good at what he does. He's very self aware about the fact that he's being a dick but being aware does not mean it will magically go away. Alongside that is the issue of these are the people who told me I have to kill my pops.

He softens up eventually but it takes time.

Like a lot of these ideas I have to wonder how the minute to minute of this would actually work.

If you're still deciding on length how much work have you put into the point to point plot of this.

What do you mean by minute to minute?

An episode is 22 minutes long. Do you have the stuff to fill it? Or are you still on the outlining the entire series phase?

I'm still deciding on whether the episode plots would work better as one 22 segement or two 11 segments

So you have the plot but haven't decided on how long the stories they are would take to tell? How planned out are they?

It would be episodic with some continuity. I've got the overall premise figured out but not individual episodes

Do you have the characters firmly hammered out?

Pretty close to that, yes

someone stole my cartoon idea and now theyre making 2 dollars on patreon

How much? You don't have to go into great detail and it would be better if you don't but if you were to leave them on their own or hand them off to someone else would there be enough of a framework for someone following the specifications closely to have something to work with?

Link?

Yeah, if I described it in detail

So you have the characters, the overall premise solidified but not the individual minute to minute meat of it.

You should really just sketch some down before you go any further. It doesn't have to be concrete but malleable premises tend to reveal whether an episodic series is actually going to go past more than just a few episodes.

I do plan to write scripts for potential episodes eventually

You don't even need a full script. A rambling paragraph covering a full episode, not even with exact details but the beginning, crux and end would work.

That's fine, but I've written scripts for things before and that's how I prefer to do things

So what's the timeframe exactly of when you're going to start writing these? A couple weeks, months?

I'm not sure, I'm busy with other things at the moment

Okay hear me out here. Just here me out.

An anime fighter plot except the main character is an American.

Bam.

But seriously this is a character study about a boy who overcame tragedy and a tired worn down soldier and them wondering what people actually need power for.

A surreal and absurd cartoon for Adult Swim that is just like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies, Perfect Hair Forever, 12 oz. Mouse, Xavier: Renegade Angel, and Neon Knome (The Problem Solverz Pilot).

It follows the story of a human male named David Richardson and his dog Buster Richardson as they get into some weird and crazy situations. Other characters include Mr. Hugsy, a lovable, huggable bear, Kovo, a weird orange furry creature, and Celestine, a lizard.

so gets this, its a world where kids have the responsibilities of adults and adults have the responsibilities of kids.

Bump