Alright you land lubbers, which is better version of Treasure Island?

Alright you land lubbers, which is better version of Treasure Island?

Muppet Treasure Island or Treasure Planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LX9VxBwvFFo
youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HOa_YMOzEGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OtI3ghO4jZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=qzZSTbDjsFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The one with Tim Curry and Kermit matching wits and swords.

Treasure Planet is good and all, but it is no Muppet Treasure Island, sir.

One of them has Tim Curry as a singing pirate. The other doesn't and is inherently inferior as a result .

A good pussy and relatable daddy issues can only take you so far.

Muppets for the win.

No argument. Everyone already got it right

i hate to say it since it sounds like its insulting treasure planet, but its not even a contest

hell, muppet treasure island is arguably the best MUPPET movie, and that alone puts it in a different league than planet

MUPPETS

At least put TP up against someone in the same weight class.

A couple of years ago my dad and I were channel surfing and found the muppets treasure island movie on. Within about 10 seconds of watching it we both started laughing our asses off at the jokes. I can't think of a single other movie on the planet that can inspire that reaction from two men that have a nearly 40 years age difference.

So yeah, I think this one is a pretty lob-sided contest.

This was one of the last movies I ever went to see with my Mom in my local movie theater. Fuckin' good times.

>come into thread
>was expecting everyone to say planet because Sup Forums likes it so much
I'm pleasantly surprised with this thread. Why don't we talk about this film more? It passes as Sup Forums since its puppetry.

TP is superior to AE for the same reason MTI is superior to TP: Silver

you're probably just not thinking about it very hard

The Wishbone episode

MTI made me lose my shit hard at times.

> We’re shipmates aren’t we, Jim?

-Muppet's Jim is a hard-luck sweetheart orphan
-Planet's Jim is a douchey teen with a surfboard, making life difficult for his Hot Mom.

-Planet's Long John Silver has no chemistry with Jim, and is just sent to space jail.
-Muppet's Silver ends the movie with Jim at gunpoint, but despite being a murdering pirate, admits he can't bring himself to hurt Jim. Jim, in turn, allows him to escape being tried and executed.

Muppet's had better dramatic tension.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day was on Tuesday
You missed the best opportunity to make this thread

Planet Silver doesn't go to space jail, though

Pretty sure he has some damn good chemistry with Jim too. Pretty sure that's one thing that's in EVERY Treasure Island adaption.

>doesn't go to space jail, though
Crap. I meant "was threatened with space jail"

Also, Tim Curry's performance in

I don't think that the Pirates of the Caribbean films had openings this strong.

Look at how much fun he's having

youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

The funny thing is, as a really little kid I had the PC game version of this which I played over and over, but can't remember really seeing the movie!

k Michael

>dat key change
unf

Oh no

I got the madnes!

I GOT CABIN FEVER!

AH'VE GOT IT TOO!

Treasure island
> Tim fucking Curry taking everything seriously, even the jokes, and acting the hell out of his part. He fucking SELLS hos last dialogue with Jim
> Stacks of memorable characters
> Piles of memorable moments, jokes and songs.
Treasure Planet
> furry bait
> has a robot we all try to forget exist.

>Captain Flint straight up murders 15 members of his own crew to keep the location of the treasure a secret.
>By himself I may add
MTI is way more hardcore than PotC.

not my name

I love TP for its world. I love MTI for its everything.

MARGARITAS AT THE MIDNIGHT BUFFET

Are we with the pirates or the frog captain?

Just play the gig.

I'm neither a cyborg or into adoptive father/son romance, so I will go with Muppets.

Someone post the screencap. You know the one.

I like both for different reasons.

I like Treasure Planet as an imaginative adventure story with an interesting father/son dynamic between Jim and Silver (something I haven't seen in any other adaptation of Treasure Island)

I like Muppet Treasure Island as a fun movie with great music (It's frustrating that I can't find the OST anywhere), funny slapstick, and Tim Curry.

Muppet Treasure Island is a goddamn masterpiece, there's no comparison.

MURDER IN THE AIIRRRRRR

Muppet Treasure Island is a better pirate movie than every POTC film put together.

HEY HO HO

Aye, it's the one with Maaarrf, I mean Morph, that's best.

>Planet's Long John Silver has no chemistry with Jim
I don't think you and I saw the same movie, user.

Morph is cute.

I think it's sad that people hold Morph up as an example of "annoying sidekick" when the very same movie gave us B.E.N.

Takarajima by Dezaki

Well you've convinced me. I've gotta go see muppets treasure island now

One of the only adaptations of Silver that actually made me feel bad and properly related the subtext of the book.

Legends of Treasure Island

There is only one answer.

TP is superior simply because it's better written, better animated, and is overall better than AE in pretty much every way.

>(It's frustrating that I can't find the OST anywhere)

Do you mean like, digitally? Because Amazon has cassettes and CDs. Cassettes being more reasonable than the CDs. Which makes sense given the time the film was released.

CDs are a little better on eBay. $40 instead of $100.

user, were you even looking?

You forgot the movie that opened on a mass execution and hanging a ten year old?

That's kind of tryhardy and an attempt to solidify the Pirates as the good guys.

I mean that was a pretty famous part of the book.

"15 men on a dead man's chest..."

I would vote Treasure Planet easily if it weren't for pirate Jar-Jar

>Plant's Long John Silver has no chemistry with Jim

user, you and I need to have a nice long chat

At least they explain that fucker away with literal brain damage

Did the concept pf piracy elude you? I get that you want to buy f it but you can't find it then there's no reason not to.
It's a damn shame that the Shiver My Timbers track cuts off the gunshot at the end.

>One more time now!

The Disney one with Charlton Heston and Christian Bale, clearly. Great Silver in Heston and the best child actor ever with Bale.

I love Planet, but come on now.

>Tim Curry
>Mr. Thimble
>Based Miss Piggy
>Swashbuckling Kermit
>Sam the Eagle getting a big role

Hell, this scene alone is all you need
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HOa_YMOzEGQ

DEAD TOM'S DEAD!

He's... he's gonna be all right, right / co/?

LONG JOHN SHOT HIM!

No, Titan is no where close to Planet. Planet has one of the best hero/villain chemistries in any Disney film.

>Never get involved in politics.

PO-LI-TICS!!!! PO-LI-TICS!!!!

BEWARE!!!

This is no thread to discuss piracy user.

I've heard he's recovering pretty well actually.

> Suite composed by Hans Zimmer
Well there's your answer.

Muppets.

youtube.com/watch?v=OtI3ghO4jZ8

btw, how did he do it?
With those two pistols?
Did his men give him time to reload the guns between shots?

Thats what I'm saying, he could only get out two shots before he had to bring the sword out. Even factoring in them being tired from digging, that's quite a feat.
>I wonder if some of them tried to run

he probably just carried more than two pistols

Came to post this

Book-wise I always figured he caused them to fight amongst themselves for a bigger share of the loot, before killing off the winners of the brawl.

B-but Dead Tom's always been dead. That's why he's called Dead Tom.

He attended a recent panel where he answered questions, even talked about IT. He seems like he's getting better.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzZSTbDjsFs

What is this aspect ratio?

>mfw that fucking cursed graveyard-ring subplot
I call it a subplot because it was actually cut together into a movie and released over here like that, so it felt incredibly disjointed to suddenly have cursed rings and magic mists in the middle of the Treasure Island story.

Man I own that book. Its a good book. Has a qt female pirate too

You mean A General History of the Pyrates? Because "Its a good book." is rather an understatement, considering it's THE DEFINITIVE pirate book that firmly cemented pretty much every common pirate trope in existence.

I got it when I was like 5, I just remember the cool pictures of blackbeard on fire and fighting off like 800 royal marines when he was 70 or some shit

Anne Bonny can shiver my timbers any time

Do you know of any other good pirate books?
I got obsessed with pirates as a teenager but bookstores only had shit riding the popularity of PotC.

Nothing ever seems to go in depth how I want them too, such as boring shit like how they actually lived instead of just the politics of piracy. Same when I was trying to write a Civil War story and was finding it difficult to find books about how even regular ass people lived pre, during and post-civil war.

I think it's like Sonic Satam only a shit tons more better

"How does she do that?!"

Fuck now I want to rewatch Muppet Treasure Island.

But I can't find the goddamn VHS.

there's a DVD for $10 on Amazoom

Fuck yes.

If you're looking for more books that helped define the modern view of pirates then you've got Howard Pyle's Book of Pirates, since his illustrations are basically the reason why pirates dress the way they do in movies. If you're after actual history then neither of them might be a good choice, though, you'd probably be better of trying to find a dry history book dealing with Nassau, but I wouldn't know any.

If it's the shipboard life you're interested in and you're willing to forego the pirate part then I can highly recommend the Aubrey-Maturin series. It's set quite a way after the golden age of piracy and instead deals with the Napoleonic wars, but it really does paint a great picture of the social order aboard a ship and the running of it in a way that I can't say all naval novels do. You get Jane-Austen-like woes as the Captain and his friend is on land and has trouble with creditors, as well.