Why do Americans do this?

Why do Americans do this?

formality at this point

We don't, unless the person testifying is extremely religious or bluepilled by Hollywood enough to request a Bible to swear upon.

Why shouldn't they? The United States is a Christian nation and if those trying to dilute that heritage are on the side of the muslims and Jews.

^these fucks are everything wrong in america. they don't understand their history and they have no respect for the principles that it was founded on.

^ this guy gets it. it's an act of symbolism. it's not about god. it's about remembering and honoring what this country was founded on.

religious guilt
our judicial system is fucked senpai

>have sex with 17yo
>15 years, labeled pedo for rest of life

>be within 500 feet of murder
>accessory to crime

Shit is retarded

>do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help your black ass?
>you're goddam right
>now why don't you tell everyone what the fuck you gotta say?

I would demand a bible and refuse to answer "yes"

That way I can't be entrapped.

>The United States is a Christian nation
When will this meme stop? Most of the founding fathers were agnostic ot athiest.

Doesn't the Bible forbid taking oaths? I know there's some sites that try to nuance the issue a bit, but it seems like mental gymnastics to me.

Do you not?

They're retarded and fat, thats why

what the fuck man. I'm gonna burn a bible if that shit legit.
Oath is integral part of Man.

>told to testify
>bailiff holds out bible and asks if I want to swear with or without bible
>tell bailiff i'm a cosmic origins agnostic
>judge leans forward and tells me to just say I will tell the truth
>bailiff gives me the evil eye

"Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil." Matthew 5:33-7

"But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation." James 5:12

Oaths allow you to become manipulated. There is nothing worth an oath here in the kingdom of Earth.

Because of this. Ladyboi's everywhere.

>(((America)))

THIS

(also checked)

PRAISE HIM !!!

Right.

>(((Sure they were)))

Says the two countries with refugee dicks in their butts.

Shut up gypsy

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

Ha. (((God)))

Not a gypsy, you cuck.

When it's a muslim, does he swear on the kuran ? Or a jew on the talmud ?

We atheists swear on The God Delusion.

This