Neo Yokio has come out on Netflix

Neo Yokio has come out on Netflix.
Anyone watched it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/09/21/arts/television/netflix-neo-yokio-review-jaden-smith.html?mcubz=0
vulture.com/2017/09/my-immortal-rose-christo-under-the-same-stars.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's good

It's 6 AM, so no.

Really?

>Jaden Smith

Just no senpai..

It's good

It's hilarious. honestly kaz being a melancholy fuck boy and not giving a shit about people is fucking hilarious.

I wasn't ready, 2 minutes in and it was already beginning to be too much. Still not sure what to think of the fact he made his own grave and appeared to regularly visit it. That mostly fades away and the comedy starts to come from how out of touch he is with all this fashion and rich lifestyle bullshit.

It's legitimately bad. Not "so bad it's good" or a car wreck you can't stop staring at. It's just bad from start to finish.

I forgot about this. Thanks op.

I don't like him personally, but its not like his voice is horrible.

>the comedy starts to come from how out of touch he is with all this fashion and rich lifestyle bullshit.

That's literally just what the show is. Just him bitching & moaning about his life not being bourgeois enough scoffing at responsibilities to support his rich lifestyle while at the same time the show tries pushing him as relatable.

>my existential dread is acting up today

I just went t Netflix to see if anything new was coming out this week and when I saw it at the top of the screen I clicked right away

Being rich is pretty relatable

i related with your mom this morning.

nytimes.com/2017/09/21/arts/television/netflix-neo-yokio-review-jaden-smith.html?mcubz=0
>Originally made with commercial breaks for FXX’s Animation Domination block
That explains a lot

Which one? My dad has been through 7

All 8 of them

God it's so awful but why can't I stop watching?

This show is making me feel like a brainlet.
I can't figure out if this is all satire

Jaden stop stealing your sister clothes and get back to suck Soros wrinkled penis!

Everyone is saying it is complete shit.

Wait jayden is a tranny now?
How much has he disappointed will Smith?

That's kind of hot.

Just started the first episode holy fuck the voice acting is awful

There are good voice actors in this, Jude Law for example.
But the animation is horrible. Painful to watch. A homage/callback/parody to old bad-quality animes doesn't need to have garbage for animation.

Does The Remberancer ever move any part of his face? Some occasionally blink and some have lower eye lids but his creepy ass face is always looking into your soul.

And who the fuck puts a race track go through people's homes?
>Neo Yokio does not concern itself with the safety of its slum denizens

It is to the surprise of no one since everyone online said it would be the moment the trailer got released, the show is a bit funnier than expected though

It's because most of the voice cast here has no voice acting history.
And it shows. Being a good actor and being a good voice actors are very different.

>Kaz dresses less like a fag than Jaden

>Oh archangelo what do you live here?
>...I wish I lived here
>....me too.
Okay that got me

INB4 REEEE IGN

I shouldn't be finding this robot so attractive

Any nudity in it?

Episode 5 ends with credits rolling as a naked old man fishes

They had about fifteen different ideas with this show and not one of them landed. They somehow managed to make a show about a rich guy with ethereal powers who rides a mech everywhere into the lamest attempt at "parody" I've seen in a while. I was hoping to at least get a few ironic laughs out of it, but holy shit, it's just so BORING.

I started watching without knowing it was supposed to be a parody thing, and ultimately cracked laughing out loud at the toblerone thing because of how ridiculous it all was. I really didn't expect to like it, but I do despite the lesser animation. Just finished episode 4 and so far I'm enjoying it.

I'm 3 episodes in.

There have been times I laughed out loud and I'm unsure if it was because I found something funny or if I found it to be so bad it was funny.

Also, I like how the rival and his "crew" get a splash page cutaway every time they are in an episode.

Archangelo is just the best.

>There have been times I laughed out loud and I'm unsure if it was because I found something funny or if I found it to be so bad it was funny.
Yeah I have the exact same problem, but I believe it's safe to say everything is bad on purpose. Even the MC's design.

I wish they had more animation budget though, or maybe wish they learn to spend the budget better. I'm seeing a lot of good frames wasted on stupid reaction faces, and some action scenes which could use more frames, or better "frame-placing" if there is such a thing.

It's out but not on the Netflix front page. They don't really believe in it.

>There have been times I laughed out loud and I'm unsure if it was because I found something funny or if I found it to be so bad it was funny.

For me, it's both. It's a cheap show, and a lot of its attempts at being low-key an real fail. But the melodramatic moments usually hit.

Honestly he's not that bad His whole character feels like a parody of himself, and he pulls it off better than I'd have expected him too.

>watch trailer
>Goku Yagami is a slender handsome rich boy living in future city and has it all:
>wealth, looks, women, intellect, melanin...
>*record scratch*
>but in reality, he's also the magical chosen one
>and now this rich magical playboy is going to face off against an evil cult using only his powers and robot and smarts and fortune
>"MAN FUCK THAT OLD MONEY"
>Netflix's Neo Tokio Jokio
it's bad on purpose, right?

Jaden Smith and self-awareness are two things that are mutually exclusive.

It's just bad.

I'm almost offended people are actually watching it after the train wreck of a trailer

>His whole character feels like a parody of himself
I think you're falling prey to the reverse of Poe's Law

His behavior and attitude are so ridiculous you have to believe it's satire, but it's genuine.

Pic related is Jaden Smith wearing an all-white batsuit at Kanye's wedding.

I just rewatched the trailer and it's worse than I remembered.
Jaden's delivery is really...it's edited like he's delivering punchlines to jokes but his tone sounds like he's not at all.
I honestly cannot tell whether a lot of stuff is supposed to be a joke or not.
There obviously attempts to tribute anime cliches but they're done in that very surface level mid 2000s way like you'd see on the simpsons.

I need to reset my netflix password and just watch it I guess, but if everyone does that won't it technically be a success?

forgot muh pic

Jaden Smith is the black Christian Weston Chandler

>but if everyone does that won't it technically be a success?
Yep.

Even if everyone watches then thumbs down, Netflix just cares that you watched it and continued to subscribe to their service

Why isn't the show about him?

>I think you're falling prey to the reverse of Poe's Law
>His behavior and attitude are so ridiculous you have to believe it's satire, but it's genuine.

I'm convinced the show plays on Smith's reputation and line delivery as part of the joke. The first episode has him visit a grave he built for himself to mope, derail and old man for using an unfashionable perfume for a romantic gesture to remember his dead wife (funniest scene in the show so far) and go eleven in all classic anime hero parameters - his hair is a mess of pink spaghettis for God's sake!

It's like the people who made "How to draw manga" books actually tried to make an anime.

>I'm convinced the show plays on Smith's reputation and line delivery as part of the joke
From the trailer it's clear that someone, somewhere, at some point in the process was "in on the joke." I'd bet one of the editors.

The writer? The VA's? The director? Absolutely not.

>he's mopey to the point of absurdity
>his hair is a mass of pink spaghettis
You're not familiar with Jaden Smith, are you?

Or just crappy middle-school faux animu in general

Come on, man.

This is a show I'll neve watch on netflix even with a subscription. I'll wait till illegal streamites do their job.

Why Is Every Word Capitalized?

What's the point when you alrealy paid your subcription?

It's Thought Provoking.

Because every word is important.

Any good Smithian philosophy to digest in it?

Is your dad's name King Henry VIII?

Except Jaden is the son of film/television stars and has the money to fund his autistic lifestyle

Why the buttler robot gets the brit accent? Why pinkJaden just throws a Cartier watch? Why New Yokio is attacked by monsters and not by thieves and terrorists? Why is this hilarious?

I'm guessing his point is a +0 in netflix metrics for that show, but I'm not sure why would he care.

Really the bigger diss would be to watch it but then give it a thumbs down.

That's the kind of shit we wish we would do.

Pretty sure most anime people will hate the show, and most cartoon people too, and you need a certain type of sense of humor to dig the funny out of it. We need a Venn diagram to explain how niche this show is, that's why it won't be successful. I feel bad for that because I actually enjoy it.

>Watching Jaden Smith
>in anything aside from a real snuff film where he dies
no thanks

The demon Chanel suit story in the first ep is a rip off of Tokyo Babylon manga, scan attached

We are watching because the trailer was such a train wreck Linda like the America story times

Netflix only cares that you waste your time on netflix. The thumbs down stuff is probably just to keep a profile of the shows you watch.

I'm planning on checking this out anyway. Looks entertainingly bad.

I honestly thought this series was called Neo Tokio at first. I like western/anime mixes but this one feels forced judging by the trailer.

Wearing girl clothes doesn't make you a tranny.

So he just publicly cross dresses is he a fag now?

I really don't know how to feel about this show
I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either
I didn't really care about what was happening at all
If you're curious about this show, you're gonna come out of it feeling weird

Though I will Jaden Smith did an okay job for his role as Kaz, I feel like if he had more experience he could be a decent voice actor
Can't really say the same for most of the characters, especially Helena who had a terrible voice

It truly is the second coming of Kappa Mikey.

Remember kids capitalism is the root of all evil, go communists!

He said in a pent house, with a robot butler while eating a giant Tobleron™, contemplating the meaningless of existence.

It's like it was written like a fan comic of some undergrad who has had everything handed to them and bing watched old toonami blocks.

Sailor Pellegrino had a ghetto voice.

Really I though the butler and Helena voices were the only tolerable ones.

This is the problem with the show. People is not sure if is a comedy or the speech of a neorich celebrity.

Well, buttler is Jude Law.

I loved Sailor's introduction. In her first scene she's singing some opera shit and then her actual voice is some sort of southern redneck girl, it got me good

>Jaden Smith wore that to Kanye's wedding

You know, I'm starting to like this kid.

I wish this hadn't made me laugh

See, Jaden is just an user living his fantasy. Any user with money would try to make his own animeation and would fail in the worst way. At least this shit is blatantly stupid and doesn’t try to be serious. I mean, even being a comedy fails, but at least is not a tryhard shit.

Was I not supposed to female lexi

Jesus what the fuck is going on with that anatomy, it is really like I am watching IBO. Pretty much everything going on there is wrong, doesn't help his is a big white block.

>Desus & Mero in Jaden Smith and Vampire weekend's not!anime

There are things here that I am interested in, and things that I do not want to check out at all. I'm conflicted

No, it looks like shit and I'm not encouraging modern American values in my anime.

I'm waiting for someone to rip the episodes.

Ooph

This, it might be worth a drunk watch with the bros to laugh at, but it doesn't deserve money or views.

I thought the trailer was awful too, and started watching the show just to see how much of a trainwreck it would be, but the jokes are actually landing.

I'm only on episode 3, so I can't yet say if it stays good throughout.

No, he's just really dumb.

THe first one actually made me think.

So it's worse than 'My Immortal'?

That was actually written as satire.
vulture.com/2017/09/my-immortal-rose-christo-under-the-same-stars.html