Asian Beast Boy in Titans Live Action

>DC is Looking For an Asian Male Teen to Play Beast Boy in ‘Titans’ Live-Action TV Show

>DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television are looking for a teenaged Asian actor to play the role of Beast Boy for the “Titans” live-action TV series, based on DC Comics’ “Teen Titans”.

>The casting call for the role, posted on casting site Cast It Talent, stated that the production is in search of a 13-15-year-old Asian male.

>While the actual post names the character Jax, previous descriptions identified the role as Beast Boy, according to Bleeding Cool.

>Earlier announcements, as the one posted on IMDB, called for an actor with “open Ethnicity,” also indicating “Asian preferred”, but the latest post now just mentioned Asian:

>“JAX – Self Tapes –Male, 13-15-year-old, Asian. Funny, self-deprecating and charming”

>The character Beast Boy, which made his first appearance in 1965, was created by Arnold Drake and Bob Brown for DC comics.

>Asian American actor Brandon Soo Hoo portrayed the role of Beast Boy in the in the DC Comics animated direct-to-video films “Justice League vs. Teen Titans” and “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract”.

>Warner Bros. announced in April 2017 that the “Titans” live-action series would make its debut in 2018 on DC’s own direct-to-consumer digital service.

>Teagan Croft, Anna Diop and Brenton Thwaites have earlier been cast as Raven, Starfrie and Nightwing respectively, while Alan Ritchson and Minka Kelly were later cast as the superhero duo, Hawk and Dove.

What do you guys think? Would an Asian Beast Boy work?

As an AA myself, I would like for Asians to be seen in other roles besides the standard computer and math geek.

Plus BB was my favorite character from the cartoon so this is a good thing in my book.

Other urls found in this thread:

nextshark.com/dc-looking-asian-male-teen-play-beast-boy-titans-live-action-tv-show/
screenrant.com/brenton-thwaites-butt-photos-nightwing-actor/
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-walking-dead-still-no-1-has-lost-some-steam-season-7-956949
youtube.com/watch?v=MBdVXkSdhwU
youtube.com/watch?v=E-NnY0U30Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nextshark.com/dc-looking-asian-male-teen-play-beast-boy-titans-live-action-tv-show/

Link to the article by the way.

Racist

Asian beast boy seems to be perfect.

>tvshit
>cartoon only fag
Hidden

>Asian character is the "boy" while Cyborg and Robin get to be the men that lead the team
How emasculating

Hey, at least they're going for actual diversity and not the """""diversity""""" where they just make everyone black.

I don't think it matters that much as long as he's green and acts like Beast Boy, but I find it strange that they absolutely MUST have an asian boy to play him. Makes me think they are going to change some of his character to be asian focused.

also:
>self-deprecating
My knowledge of BB is limited to cartoons, is he self-deprecating in the comics?

I know yoy guys cimplain abiut it, but when has that ever happened? Making one character black like Miles Morales doesn't mean the whole cast was swapped...

Beast boy straight up hates himself in the comics but no it doesn't come out as self-deprecating humor.

so he'll be an animal that changes into other animals?

BONUS: Nightwing Fans Are Searching for Photos of Brenton Thwaites’ Butt

screenrant.com/brenton-thwaites-butt-photos-nightwing-actor/

Prepare to be disappointed.

Not I mean they've never raceswapped an entire cast but their go-to for diversity pandering is to just throw in a black person.

It's pretty refreshing to see some other skin colors thrown in.

Great, so he's going to smell like fish no matter what animal he becomes.

Fantastic Four (2015) threw in a black guy to play Johnny Storm, his sister was still played by a white actress.

I think the "self-deprecating" part might be taken from the cartoons since his appearance was often used as a joke or a jab at why people and specifically girls stayed away from him.

But chicks dig the ears.

>DC is looking for the Burger King Kids Club to play the Teen Titans

>Self depreciating

How bout no? FFS I won't stand for more effeminate depictions of Asian males

>Martial artists
>Samurai
>Ninja
>Horse archers
>Viet Cong

But you do railroad laundry for a few decades and suddenly we're all asexual or gay or just wimpy

Well fuck that shit

Fuck the cartoon version of beast boy.

But user, they casted a blonde blue eyed Australian as Raven.

The Asian man will dominate the white woman.

What's the budget this thing? Because I don't think that a direct to digital service show like this can afford beast boy.

They probaby will make him gay.

>As an AA myself, I would like for Asians to be seen in other roles besides the standard computer and math geek.

Why do African Americans have such a thing for Asians? You be racist, boy.

Having said that I'm thinking they're going for an Aziz Ansari character. A small twink who desperately wants to seem cool. Since that's how Beast Boy comes off in the comic I'm cool with that. Though it is another Asian stereotype.

>Aziz Ansari character
On board.
>small twink who desperately wants to seem cool.
Accurate description of me in real life so still on board.
Except the twink part.

>he thinks beast boy is a small twink
Haha!
No.

The actor needs to be self-deprecating, not the character. Think Borat or Ali G. Sacha Baron Cohen needs to be willing to make a fool of himself in order to bring those characters out.

Whats the story behind the pic? Is it a trap?

I don't think that's what they meant user.

Is the "try too hard Asian" stereotype not as prevalent as I thought?

Asians tend to have a reputation as trying too hard. Either the Asian girl who wears too much make-up and tries too hard to be fashionable or the Asian guy who tries too hard to be cool. They're not fashionable or cool, they're just trying too hard.

I never knew about this stereotype where I'm from. There's just

>Nerdy and/or Rich FOBs
>Cool 2nd generation asians who dance and swagger around

>Cool 2nd generation asians who dance and swagger around
Not him but that sounds like it fits the description

t. A 2nd generation who dances

what ISN'T an asain stereotype?

BIG

This has been the primary romance on the #1 show in the US for the last 5 years

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-walking-dead-still-no-1-has-lost-some-steam-season-7-956949

Glenn + Maggie have been #1 couple on tumblr (which is primarily used by girls) for years

Anything can be turned into a stereotype if you view in a negative light.

The "try too hard" thing can be applied to white people as well.

From Dean Cain to Keanu Reeves to Dave Bautista (Drax), men of Asian descent have been cast as superheroes.

Of course, it isnt a surprise all these above men have Asian fathers.

tumblr girls tend to fetishize asian males though...

just look at kpop

So Raven is being played by a 13 year old.

They are looking for a teenager to play Beast Boy.

.... and they have a 29 year old who will be 30 by the time filming gets started playing Starfire.

To be honest Diop's age is an even bigger issue than her skin colour or facial features..

>people get worried about the race of starfire
>double down and switch from asian prefered to asian required for beast boy

>kpop

Speaking of kpop, BTS new single & MV has 45 million views in 3 days and will chart extremely high on the Billboards charts probably in the TOP 20.

youtube.com/watch?v=MBdVXkSdhwU

The next One Direction, Backstreet Boys, NYNC, Jonas Brothers today is a kpop boy band where tons of Western girls fawn over them

>where tons of Western girls fawn over them

youtube.com/watch?v=E-NnY0U30Tk

I'm betting Beast Boy will become the number one husbando out of this show if and his dickbutt end up disappointing.

ChadHawk might get a couple votes.

Why not just leave out the Asian part? Let everyone of every race apply and pick whoever is the best actor regardless of race.

Cmon user, you know it doesn't work that way anymore...

Nightwing and Star are supposed to be the adult supervision of the team.

Rumors are that Johns fought for Beast Boy to be in the show, so who knows how they're actually gonna pull it off if the budget is low?

As an actual Asian, I would like you to fuck off and whine about Asians back on r/asianmasculinity
Let the show be judged on how shit it will be, not how shit the YET TO BE casted actor is.

Manaul labour, basically any outside or low wage job, I have never seen an Asian mowing a lawn or repairing a roof.

Holding doors. A lot of Asian people thinking holding doors for people and this really stands out in America where small pleasantries are like our thing.

Rugged style. Most asians groom a lot.

Having a big dog. I feel like every Asian family has that same little white dog or some variant.

At least American Asians. Just things I noticed from dating an Asian girl for awhile.

Well?

Does he?

How old is the kid from "The Last Airbender" now? He could fit the role, being Asian and an actor.

I would like to see more Asians on the big screen in general.

It never worked that way.

> I have never seen an Asian mowing a lawn or repairing a roof.
That's not on the asians, that's on you.

No

>Manaul labor
Regular chores like mowing lawns we definitely do, and repairing roofs and construction labor you might see more SE Asians do, but it won't be as good as if you hired a Mexican to do it.

>Holding doors
I always do this, so you've probably just met a lot of rude Asians.

>Rugged style
We don't really grow a lot of hair so that's a big factor in it.

>Having a big dog
This is unfortunately true.
Although I've always wanted a big dog myself. They just seem better to cuddle with.

>Having a big dog
>Although I've always wanted a big dog myself. They just seem better to cuddle with.

You guys are mis-spelling doNg! Asians are not known for having a big doNg. And yes, big doNg's are the best to cuddle with.

Asian men do not need a big doNg. They are perfect they way they are already.

I'm sorry, what?

Ther are a handful of Asians in manual labor, but they generally do craftier jobs like tile, drywall, and trimwork as opposed to cleaning, lawn mowing or roofing.

t. Interior renovator

They always cast other races mudafuckas just bitch when it's black

Everybody knows you have to include Asian in your TV shows to make them popular - just look at the Walking Dead. After not casting an Asian in the role of Iron Fist look what happened :

>Iron Fist is critically panned and is the worse reviewed Marvel property (until the Inhumans came along)
>Defenders is 'meh' with many complaining that Iron Fist dragged down the show
>Defenders is the least watched Netflix Marvel TV series

BBRae

Then why aren't there enough Asian and Hispanic characters compared to black characters? Why couldn't Starfire be a Latina?

God this show looks so fucking awful.
>tfw all modern cartoons look like the animators just hit the "make cartoon" button on their computers

Y'all bitch about calarts noodle arm shit, but this right here is a straight up crime against humanity

Yes, BB broke Deathstroke out of prison to hear more details about how Terra cucked him for Slade.

Wrong. BB broke slade out of prison to kill him.

Isn't she also like 11? Think they'll still have her skin grey?

You never actually read that issue, you're just going off comic panels that people have posted on here.

And then backed out and sat down to hear how Deathstroke was the real victim when Terra sucked him off.

If I don't get a green twink out of this there's just no point watching. I already hate the casting for Nightwing. Now they'll probably cast someone like that fat Hawaiian kid from Homecoming as BB.

That's not what happened either. This is what happens whwn you don't actually read comics.

>Fat Hawaiian kid
I GOT A POO POO PLATTA FO EVERYBODY!

They better not cast the fat Hawaiian kid. There needs to be more cute Asian men/boys on the big screen.

Finn Wolfhard as beast goy

Oh no, how will I live without understanding the ramifications of BB getting cucked by Slade.

I have no particular problem with an Asian Beast Boy, but is there any reason they specifically want it?

It's weird how you guys describe child rape.

So who else is going to show up? Terra, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash?

Blue Beetle is probably going to show up so that checks off the hispanics.

>As an AA myself, I would like for Asians to be seen in other roles besides the standard computer and math geek
There are plenty, you're just too lazy to look.

Don't you mean "being raped by a child"?

>Inhumans change two of their characters to Asian
>It flopped even harder than IF

So far:
>Raven
>Starfire
>Nightwing
as part of the main cast and...
>Hawk
>Dove
as recurring characters that have a chance at becoming mainstays if a second season gets greenlit.

Go away Wolfman.

BB as Hispanic makes more sense to me

Only ones that come to mind at the moment are the jock from 13 Reasons Why that also played Reggie in Riverdale and the kids from Fresh Off the Boat.

No, I mean, blonde chick Raven. Did they actually do that?

Jeez, you really need to dig deep.

Well the actress they cast is blonde.

me too.

They probably wanted to keep that spot open for Blue Beetle.

Blame Wolfman for promoting that kind of stupidity.

I truly believe that Deathstroke was Wolfman's secret self insert. That would explain how he could do everything wrong and not be blamed.

Terra will show up eventually, I think.

The kid who they have playing Raven looks more suited to play Terra.

>As an AA myself, I would like for Asians to be seen in other roles besides the standard computer and math geek.
There's plenty of Asian martial artists in films but you can argue that's racist too.

Wouldn't casting an Asian as BB live up to Asian airhead stereotype?

>It's pretty refreshing to see some other skin colors thrown in.
You're joking right? There have been alot of raceswaps besides blacks, you're just too stuck on your hivemind.

Whether or not a character's ethnicity 'works' is irrelevant since I'm fairly certain it's gonna be shit.

sure why not, its not like it harms the character as far as I know

Probably because Beast Boy is short, thin, has black hair, and his cartoon portrayal would lend itself better to an Asian actor.