When this show came out in 2005 I remember people on the Internet really ripping into it and saying Cartoon Network was...

When this show came out in 2005 I remember people on the Internet really ripping into it and saying Cartoon Network was dying. But now that time has passed and its target audience turned into adults, I see many people having fond memories of it and defending it.

This is similar to how others feel about Batman Forever and the Star Wars prequels.

If you want people to keep talking about a show, you really should come up with more original posts on it.

expect it to happen with Teen Titans GO!

in about a decade, this place will be flooded with people saying how amazing it was to watch TTG all day long

It's one autist posting this shit repeatedly. Nobody likes this crap, and nobody will like TTG, for nostalgia reasons or otherwise.

I even see YouTube comments saying Johnny Test was awesome. I never thought that day would come but it did.

It's just trolling. That show is universally despised.

No, I seriously see people say it was awesome and that they loved it when they were kids.

It's not surprising though, I mean the Bakcstreet Boys and NSYNC went from being widely hated in the early 2000s to being beloved nostalgic institutions in the 2010s. Nostalgia changes perspective.

Except there's actually something to like about those bands, even only ironically. There is nothing to like about Johnny Test (except *maybe* the first season, but I doubt those commenters are talking about it separately).

Nostalgia is too often a buzzword used to dismiss legitimate criticism about how product (and also service) quality is dropping in general.

I know a girl who unironically loved Johnny Test, she's like 23 or 24

Though, she is also not very invested in Western cartoons so probably sees them all as vapid kid shit anyway, and she's also a huge Dragonball fan so there is no accounting for taste

But yeah, there do exist people who like every shitty show imaginable, Sup Forums is just a place where people take these cartoons seriously and thus are hugely cynical/critical about things most people would never put under a microscope that way

If she sees Western cartoons as "vapid kid shit", she couldn't have "loved" one of them, ironically or otherwise. You're really not making sense here.

Plenty of people who liked crappy shows will often say "who cares it's for kids" when pressed about it being shit, as if something being for kids means it's excused from trying on any level to be good, it's like if you say Little Caesers makes a shit pizza, people will say "WELL IT'S ONLY FIVE DOLLARS"

People apply that logic to anything "for kids" as well, and even worse when it comes to weebs who grew up with the mindset that anime is rebellious, deep, and "adult"

At least, this is how I'm making sense of it, they were her words not mine....she said she loved it, I bet she just meant that she is nostalgic about it and liked it as a kid, which is understandable

I loved Street Sharks as a kid, I'm capable of rewatching it now though and seeing it was pretty shit and not one of the shows of that era that holds up in any way

but user
people already like Teen Titans Go

>I bet she just meant that she is nostalgic about it and liked it as a kid
The type of nostalgia you're talking about here is really quite irrelevant. Generations growing up right now aren't going to seek out these shows even if they remember watching them fondly as kids (who didn't know any better).

That is emphatically not true for kids watching many 2000s cartoons, for example, to the point that entire communities have been formed over things like "lost media" trying to scavenge them.

sounds like an argument against all nostalgia fags ever

basically dumb kids enjoy terrible things and fail to understand just how bad those things were even when they grow up

Here's the well known secret of the internet

Nobody actually knows what they're talking about and nobody cares. There is no consistency.

TTG is a step above something like JT, in that there are clueless normies who like it unironically. That much I'll give you. (And it's actually a lot like LOK in that sense.)

But said normies generally don't watch cartoons much, and they're certainly not the types to nostalgiafag over them.

I don't see how it's irrelevant, my point is that there do exist people who enjoyed Johnny Test

There exist people who enjoy TTG as we speak, just not Sup Forums

Hell, I wouldn't say TTG is my cup of tea (I've grown tired of any show that's purely comedy, good, bad, for general audiences, adults, just don't have interest in watching episodic shows) but hell, even I can admit TTG is not nearly as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be, not by a longshot (the same can't be said about Johnny Test, which is pretty much just as Sup Forums says it is)

So yeah, lots of things Sup Forums hates has actual fans out there, and because of the nature of Sup Forums mainly discussing shows aimed at children who do not post on Sup Forums, there is always going to be a generational shift every five years or so as new posters join the site at age 16 being underageb&s

Hell, don't take my word for it, look in any Transformers thread on this board, Transformers is a good example because it constantly has a new show on the air and never went away since the 80s, and while certain series can be argued are "agreed" or "disagreed" upon more than others, those threads are still chaos with people arguing for "their" version of Transformers that spans the best shows to the very worst, it's a generational thing that continues , what might be hated by a 30 year old right now could be simultaneously enjoyed by a 12 year old, and that 12 year old is a potential future Sup Forums poster

>enjoyed
EnjoyED. Not enjoy.
It's all about that difference, really.

>I see many people having fond memories of it and defending it.
who the fuck is defending that trash?

>and the Star Wars prequels
where are you finding such terrible opinions

I liked it. I didn't like how often it resorted to butt-humor, and Adam sounded whiny, but otherwise the show was relatively pretty good. Creative concept at least.

Had the big standard high school tropes (genius friend, stoner friend, class clown friend, smart shy girl, bully) as well as some other characters that were pretty creative and funny. I enjoyed the principal a lot.

Overall, good episodes and bad episodes. 6.5/10

Don't. It just hurts to look at. Like league of super evil.

>Transformers is a good example because it constantly has a new show on the air and never went away since the 80s,
Is that true? I thought it mostly went away until the live action flicks. Though I know it had that Beast Wars show in the 90's

>like if you say Little Caesers makes a shit pizza

As a kid I always changed the channel when this came on. I didn't hate but thought it was pretty boring

G1, '84 to '87, Beast Wars '96 to '99, Beast Machines '99 to '00, Robots in Disguise '01 to '02, Armada '02 to '03, Energon '04 to '05, Cybertron '05 to '06, Animated '07 to '09, Prime 2010 to 2013, Rescue Bots 2012 to 2016, Robots in Disguise 2015-present day

Take reruns into consideration and yeah, Transformers has basically had a TV presence since it's incarnation. Impressive really considering most toy based cartoon franchises haven't had that track record.

>That one episode

I thought Gym Partner was kinda decent when it came out, and I wasn't a kid at the time. A solid 6/10 show, not worth disliking

which episode?

Miss me yet Sup Forums?

I gave you early Adult Swim, the Cartoon Network City bumpers, Teen Titans, Justice League, Samurai Jack, Code Lyoko, Codename: Kids Next Door, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Genndy Clone Wars, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, 2005 Ben 10, My gym partner's a monkey, and Class of 3000.

>That one episode when all the females went into heat.

Whole series worth it just for this one moment.

Stop making shitty threads about this shitty show

Wrong. I was a kid when it aired and it was pretty bad then too. It was only slightly above that goddamn squirrel boy show.

It had a really fun platformer game on the cn website though. That's about my only fond memory of it.

I liked the reference to Samurai Jack they had in one episode. An overseer of the school's space program looked like Jack, only his name was "I Didn't"

Awful show that needs to die off and not be remembered for many years to come.

I know the show is about animals but that image is exclusively for ants

I remember liking it when it was airing, but I didn't think it was really that good though.

I think you could cut this show down to about thirty episodes and have a good time binging it

Don't care for the show but I'd bang Johnny's mom.