What the hell is a "namor"? Is it an angry aquaman?

what the hell is a "namor"? Is it an angry aquaman?

Okay.

This time I didn't make the thread, since I already have a "Namor a shit" thread going on.

Yes, OP, Namor is edgy Aquaman, and sell as much as you can expect from such concept.

You pathetic

I miss Namor being a villain. Like when he was a legit member of the FF's rogues, or when he was a recurring nemesis to the Avengers, and even threatened New York enough for Daredevil to try and stop him. He used to be in Doom's league of title-spanning villains.

Not as much as Namor stories or sales.

That's what you get for shitposting so much, now you have your own sad faggy impersonator.

Namor came first, so if anything aquaman is a shitty beta namor.

I know Sup Forums doesn't read comics but you don't have to prove it every day.

>implying Namor even has comics to begin with
The alpha is the one who sells the most.

>what the hell is a "namor"?
It's "Roman" backwards

Savage, but true.

Namor the Sub-Mariner created in 1939

Aquaman created in 1941

He's a sexier Aquaman that every girl wants to bang.

Aquaman total sales over the last year: nearly 400,000

Namor total sales over the last year: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAH

And here comes the "he is so sexy" Namorfags. Relatively speaking, Namor has more gay fans than Lady Gaga. Nearly 100%.

So... storytime?

>Namor has more gay fans than Lady Gaga. Nearly 100%.
And that makes him less attactive how?

>Namor is edgy Aquaman
I thought Aquaman was edgy Aquaman?

Well, edgiER.

Arthur had good reason to be edgy, though, while Namor is a retard to appeal the edgelord, low standard fanbase.

>what the hell is a "namor"?
it's a Roman spelled backwards

Namor is not always edgy :'(

imagine dedicating time from your life to bitch about a fictional character

Imagine dedicating part of your life liking a shit character without any good story.

>Is it an angry aquaman
no, he doesnt talk to fish yet he still commands them

he talks at them

>namor comands a bunch of sharks to save some sailors

>"namor you can talk to fish?"

>"No, they just know better.

He is angry Aquaman, then?

Aquaman is already kinda angry.

I'll take it that English isn't your first language?

its a joke user. As if he doesnt waste time actually talking with fish. im sorry it was too subtle.

I was also making a joke, Austismo

I would be angry too if i had to masturbate with a hook because my wife was fat

What? More cushion for the pushin. Besides he still has the other hand.

Nah, he is just stoic.

Namor is so angry angry angry that writers tried to give a scientific explanation to his edginess.

Not even Spawn is so try-hard.

why was Emma already pulling her pants down? did she want to ride him on the snow?

> Implying sales mean quality

So Death of Superman is the greatest story of all time then?

Namor is Aquaman except with personality

Stoic's don't shoot glares at random people in a restaurant.

How the fuck would Daredevil defeat this overpowered atlantean ? Sheesh...

>Besides he still has the other hand.
he's master of the 7 seas, not god

Namor canonically has a tiny dong. Meanwhile, Aquaman's dick made Mera betray her dad

Mind control was forcing them to fuck

'The Sub-Mariner' isnt a good story? Fuck off ye straya cunt

Sales don't mean quality, but mean popularity.

Namor has none.

>ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY is personality
The state of Namorfags.

Wanna know why Namor has no good stories? Because of this kind of low standard.

I forgot Sup Forums doesnt actually read comics so ill forgive you for not knowing about this

Yet Morrison liked him enough to include him in 1234

And? Morrison likes Egg Fu, user.

And I hope you fags aren't talking about Byrne's run. It is terriboe,just like any Namor story.

>That bulge

> not popular
> has been used in comics for 78 years
> two namor threads on Sup Forums right now

Bait

Accept that he's popular with a shit ton of writers. Despite being such an "unpopular" character he's constantly used.

There is never a good reason to be edgy, unless you think there is a good reason to be a retard as well

According to you, Medusa must be super.popular too, since she has more than one thread on Sup Forums.

Since you seem to think that Namor is an A-lister, tell me how many comics he sold over the last year

> There is never a good reason to be edgy,
Well, tell this to Namorfags. They think that edginess makes a good character.

>There is never a good reason to say, "edgy"
Fixed

How many did Etrigan, Lobo, and Wolverine sell?

Wolverine sold a lot. OML is one of Marvel's best sellers.

Etrigan and lobo aren't A-listers like Namor. But one had his own book a few years ago while the other has a mîni coming up. This is more than Namor had in ten years.

Give me numbers user.

I am a Namorfag. Namor isn't edgy, he is protecting his people

So am I.

You were the one who said that Namor is very popular. You are the one who has to prove it.

Is he more popular than Jessica Cruz? Show me how much he sells compared to a brand new character like her.

lmao how is someone who lives underwater so goddamned thirsty all the time

Better question:

Sub Mar-in-er...

Or Sub Mar-een-er?

I never made that statement. Quit conflating anons.

Civilians in the comics call him Sub-Mareener which I thought was funny.

Do they? I remember a guy in Marvels doing that but I thought it was intentionally wrong

He is edgy, user. Other characters are perfect able to protect their own without being so angry angry angry angry.

One of them is the King of Atlantis, and he sells way more than Namor.

Yeah, it's intentional. I guess they want to show that the civilians are a bit dense. They spell it with the two e's in bold to show the mispronunciation.

He didn't. Namor kicked the shit out of him, then felt bad about it and withdrew, "out of respect for his valiant bearing."

>good writing
>Namor is a pompous twat

>bad writing
>Namor is edgy

Considering it's Marvel, guess what we normally get?

You know there's not much point to bragging that you didn't make this thread if you're going to shit it up with your insecure shitposting all the same.

An important character trait of Namor's is how honourable he is.

This is a story in which he was attacking New York for no better reason than being a retard edgelord.

How very noble!!

But his fans like him because he is edgy! Are you saying that Namorfags like bad writing?

Because I agree.

The think about Namor is he does things that he believes to be for the right reasons and he often end up being wrong or doesn't have the full story to which he modifies his behaviour.

thing*

We call that "intellectual disability".

I mean he's very emotional and that gets in the way of his reasoning but when he calms down he isn't completely retarded. I like that he's got that kind of flaw. I think it makes him an interesting character because you end up sympathizing with the situation he's in but also disagreeing with how he goes about dealing with it.

Aquaman is bland ripoff while namor lacked good supporting cast

Its roman backward

are you actually capable of describing what it is about namor you dislike without using the word "edgy".
It come across as a total crutch for you, to save yourself from actually articulating your opinion

>I mean he's very emotional
"Very emotional" is someone witha wide spectrum of emotions.

Namor only has unjustified rage. ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY for no reason. If anything, he is emotionally retarded.

>because you end up sympathizing with the situation he's in
user, he was about to kill innocent people for no reason at all other than "I was angry and someone told me to attack NY when I was angry". There's no way to sympathize with that shit.

Yeah, he also constantly tries to force himself on another man's wife.

It's more you sympathize with why he's upset because it's his people who are constantly being put in danger which drives him to do these things. Namor isn't often depicted causing harm to innocent people, especially not in the 60's-70's era comics.

>tfw you're so much of a joke that your fans have to compare you to an unlikable antagonistic cuntish C-lister to make you look good

>"Very emotional" is someone witha wide spectrum of emotions.
Nope.

I dislike his shallow and one-note personality, I dislike his stories, I dislike the very few lore he has (his Atlantis was never really fleshed out), I dislike how he is a tool to badly written soap-opera drama, I dislike how characters bend backwards to point how this retarded that has tried to kill innocent people due to his always angry personality is actually totally noble and honorable (Captain America and Sue Richards being guilty of that).

So, what more he has to offer?

How do you call this pose and is there more, for uh research purposes

Manspreading.

Atlantis is a bit better flushed out in Namor Vol. 2 (2003). It's a cute story. I liked that book a lot.

It is called "Faggot Bait".

>Namor isn't often depicted causing harm to innocent people
user, please. Do you think he intended to destroy New York without killing anyone?

He killed thounsands of Wakandians not long ago for dumb reasons. He isn't noble. His noble nature is worse than "tell, don't show". Is "tell one thing while showing the opposite".

Bad writing.

he actually predates Aquaman, so really Aquaman is a less edgy and better person overall (and probably king of Atlantis too) version of Namor

You're example isn't from the era I was referencing. Also I think most people agree AvX was bad writing.

your*

Jim is also his best friend to be fair

Hating a fictional character isn't going to make your parents get back together.

Namor would be into Arthur. He likes them blond after all. Someone post the art of the two making art. I need this for a friend.

user, PLEASE!

Hickman's New Avengers is considered good (some Namorfags even say it is the best Namor story ever written) and there he said that he would like to kill even more innocent Wakandians if that means hurting Black Panther.

He isn't noble, user. His nobility is yet another badly written part of a character usually written like ass.

That was after the war with Wakanda which left Atlantis destroyed again. I'm not arguing that Namor was right here. I'm just saying that it's possible to sympathize with his situation.

>I'm just saying that it's possible to sympathize with his situation.
Only if you are incredibly patient with a grown-ass man that behaves like a 12 years old retard.

Most literal nobles waged war constantly.

Which doesn't mean that "waging war because I'm edgy" is an honorable thing to do.

Nobody claimed it was.
>ctrl+f "edgy" 15 results
>ctrl+f "angry" 21 results
Yeah at this point I don't buy that you didn't start this thread.

>Nobody claimed it was.
Then why the hell did you make that point? Are you as retarded as angry fish man?

Anyway, Namor writers (lol) do think that "waging war because I'm edgy" is a noble thing.

>Yeah at this point I don't buy that you didn't start this thread.
I didn't. Believe in what you want.

Not my fault if his personality is so shallow that can only be described using those two words.