OTGW digital soundtrack just released!

itunes.apple.com/us/album/over-the-garden-wall/id1287185354

blastingcompany.bandcamp.com/album/over-the-garden-wall

amazon.com/dp/B075RGT669/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1506104379&sr=8-5&keywords=over the garden wall soundtrack

And Pat said there'll be on Spotify, too.

I hope to have flac version(bandcamp) megalinks......

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/asnbic.flac
youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=mg_w79t4F3ybDl95NgC-3R6pxSF8MTUwNjIxODAwNkAxNTA2MTMxNjA2&q=https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=6759B00418615782&resid=6759B00418615782%214808&authkey=ADVlJ2xyeZ-uZOk&event=video_description
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks for the notice! I've been wanting a copy of this but I wasn't able to nab one of the records.

Song list

Prelude 01:32
Into The Unknown 01:27
You Have Beautiful Eyes 01:32
Pottsfield 01:31
Patient Is The Night 01:27
Adelaide Parade 01:38
Money For School 01:16
Ms Langtree's Lament 02:27
Potatoes & Molasses 01:12
Off To Bed 01:05
The Beast Is Out There 00:46
The Highwayman 00:31
A Courting Song 01:22
Endicott Manor 01:02
The Journey Begins 00:51
Half-Room Mirror 00:56
McLaughlin Bros. Jug Band 00:37
Over The Garden Wall 01:45
Send Me A Peach 02:02
Adelaide's Trap 02:12
Like Ships 00:30
More Bones To Sort 00:50
Old North Wind 01:03
Forward, Oneiroi 01:32
The Fight Is Over 01:18
Tiny Star 01:41
Old Black Train 02:15
The Old Mill 01:23
Come Wayward Souls 01:51
Potatoes Et Molassus 02:22
One Is A Bird 01:38
Black train & End Credits 00:36
The Clouded Annals Of History 00:34
Can't You See I'm Lonely 01:19
Shine On 02:18
Everything Is Nice And Fine 01:20
Halloween Halftime 02:17
Two Old Cat 00:56
The Jolly Woodsman 00:48
Tome Of The Unknown 00:16

Why did it take them so long to finally get a digital version out?

How many years has it been? It took them this long? I remember Mondo released the vinyl over a year ago and I thought that took forever.

'Cause they can sell the various versions of vinyl. About one or two years ago, Pat said he wasn't planning to sell the online version of the album "yet". Such a beautiful show, but not Mondo.

Yeah, I bought the vinyl 9/25/2016, I guess. I thought the manufacturer would only sell to vinyl. But Mondo company is making money and I think it keeps making goods. I knew that Artbook was not originally planned, but it was made.

>Everything is Nice and Fine
FUCKING FINALLY I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST THREE YEARS FOR AN OFFICIAL RELEASE OF THIS ONE MINUTE TWENTY SECOND SONG FROM A CHILDREN'S CARTOON HOLY FUCK

Hi buddy... You and I waited three years.

This was mastered by a different guy than did the vinyl, my guess is they neglected to prepare a digital version of the master or that they were unsure about the licensing, and by the time those things got sorted out they decided to just wait until fall rolled around again.

Reminder that this was supposed to be a yearly anthology but the execs killed it for more TTG.

literally not true
go kill yourself

Anybody know which vendor gives the most money to the original artists? I'm guessing Band Camp? Anyway I bought it on Band Camp.

And they also provide flac version. It's really nice, isn't it?

On my shitty Logitech speakers I can't tell the difference between 192kbps MP3 and lossless, but yeah I guess it's nice.

pic related

I'll just wait for the download links.

so am I.

Does "Come Wayward Souls" cut off in the middle of a note for anybody else?

my.mixtape.moe/asnbic.flac

The last two seconds are cut off for some reason.

That’s how it is on the Bandcamp streaming page, I think it’s meant to transition into the next track.

Bought it Wednesday. It's interesting to see different artists' takes on the Unknown.

What's the story of that comic? I saw only 2017 #015... 016... and so on

There are three stories, each by a different artist. They are not connected to the ongoing series. Beatrice is in one of them, so I guess you could say they take place during the events of the show.

But honestly, I don't even try to fit them into any sort of "canon". I just see them as different artists adding their own stories to the Unknown, so to speak.

Has anyone storytimed this?

Yeah, 2017 edition is not canon, only the 2016 edition is supposed to be canon.

>still no download link

What's the flac version?

I find it kinda funny theres still an OTGW ongoing.

Glad Sara us a main character, but they haven't done much with her.

Immediate buy

It's twelve bucks and buying supports the creator

I'm broke bitch

>those morons who bought a turntable just for this shit
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>people still care about overrated tumblr crap
Sup Forums: the board with no taste

THIS

>a sane person on Sup Forums
How do you live with faggots who jerk off to such tumblr crap?

By watching and promoting vastly superior cartoons instead. Like Gravity Falls, for example.

And actually my success rate isn't too bad here.

>Gravity Falls
Gotta admit, pretty shit taste.
But you clearly despise tumblr shows with a passion, so I'll let it slide.

Eh, don't get me wrong: GF's character design is the typical CalArts shit, which is very unfortunate. The writing is really just fucking amazing though.

>GF's character design is the typical CalArts shit, which is very unfortunate.
The Simpsons style is suddenly CalArts now?

>The writing is really just fucking amazing though.
It really isn't.
But compared to Over the CalArts Wall, it's The Wire.

>27.
>Old Black Train 02:15

Poor broke bitch, so noble

not recently

>caring what other people do with their money
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

download link when?

It kind of is, actually. You could call it proto-CalArts style.

>not already owning one

If you don't have every form of audio and video player available you should neck yourself.

I'm comparing it to other cartoons, and I've yet to find one with better writing. (Sorry, ATLA fans.)

I'm pretty sure everything will be considered CalArts style somehow.

youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=mg_w79t4F3ybDl95NgC-3R6pxSF8MTUwNjIxODAwNkAxNTA2MTMxNjA2&q=https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=6759B00418615782&resid=6759B00418615782%214808&authkey=ADVlJ2xyeZ-uZOk&event=video_description

I kind of do, because it's their fault a number of releases are not made available in digital form. Like this very soundtrack until now, for example.

Digital is superior to analog for ALL media.

WE WANT THE FLAC VERSION you fucking idiot

Also, that may be the ugliest link I've ever seen.

You think it's better than Over the Tumblr Wall and that's awesome.
Remember, don't fall for overrated shit.

>it's their fault a number of releases are not made available in digital form
How do you figure? OTGW is exactly the kind of cartoon that would appeal to hipsters and other vinyl buyers anyway.

you are an ungrateful spoiled little fuckshit desu

> thread about an ost released
> posts YouTube link

Do you think that's some kind of hidden skill, everybody can search a fucking adding in yt.

Again, I'm not really disagreeing, but you haven't provided any examples of cartoons with better writing. If you know of any, post which ones so I can maybe watch them.

Teen Titans Go

Funny. How about real examples?

The PPG reboot is pretty good.

Why sould someone be glad about Sara being "important" in the comics? she is just a background character she is nothing important for the story, and she is a little boring in the comics.

Okay, now you're just trolling.

Cause she's a qt

>if you don't like overrated tumblr crap, you're a samefag
You need to go back.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If "hipsters and other vinyl buyers" didn't exist, music would only be released digitally.

She's very important even in the original cartoon.
Without her Wirt would not have the motivation to get over his fears once he is back in the real world.

Wait, is her face actually revealed in the comics?

This sounds fake but I'd love to see different characters from different eras end up in the Unknown. Unfortunately we'd already know the twist.

Even besides the quality, the bonus tracks from the digital release are missing from this link.

People hate PPG to look cool.
It's actually a pretty well put together show.

Huh, it actually is.

Bro, the *original* PPG wasn't really that great.

Exactly.
Which is why the PPG reboot is so much better.

Thanks! Dunno why it's so hard to find anywhere.

Says who? It's probably because of the hipsters spending money on vinyl that Cartoon Network of whoever own the rights figure there's any interest at all in a soundtrack for a three year old cartoon special.

Which is why they're suddenly releasing a separate digital version now, with bonus tracks to boot.

Wait...

Sigh*... McHale doesn't think so, she is just a highschool crush. She is not a motivation for Wirt, Greg and Beatrice are the motivation for Wirt, he can overcome his fears when he need to help them.

Sara is not important and she doesn't becomes an motivation for Wirt when he leaves. He retracts himself in the last scene because McHale don't want give him a definitive ship, he wants keep it ambiguous.

Ok... She is not that cute... but well.

Sweet! My record doesn't have any of the bonus songs so I might think about buying this again.

It's obvious that you are same fag, you are only guy who always come to OTGW threads to say how bad it is and how good GF is, obviously you are the same guy who says that Mabel is a good character and Beatrice is a bad character.

You are more like a troll.

If she is soo cute? Why is she gonna kill Wirt in the future?

Gotta a cap of McHale saying any of this?

He "retracts himself" in the last scene because he's still nervous. It would be highly unrealistic for him to instantly get over deep psychological issues. But it still shows his significant progress.

Beatrice is a horrible bitch, you don't need to compare her to anyone else to figure that out.

Horny for murder?

Not true. It’s all in the mastering, and a lot of the time they clip and distort the digital versions of things just so they’ll be loud enough for people’s shitty earbuds and phone speakers. The vinyl version of a given album isn’t ALWAYS mastered better but it is fairly often, because there’s no need to apply that heavy processing when you know it’s going to be played in someone’s home and (hopefully) on decent equipment.
Also having a vinyl version of an older analog-recorded album (or a newer one that goes that route) means you have a direct transfer from tape that has never been turned into digital 1s and 0s, which means by owning it you have access to the “original artifact”, a different experience than the kind of recorded sound most people experience every day (and a good, clean pressing on suitably quality setup sounds excellent). Remember that our brains still process things in an analog fashion and that will never change. Nowadays it’s a novel thing that only appeals to those who enjoy owning physical copies of things, and there are obvious disadvantages in stuff like convenience and noise floor, but it’s also pretty easy for you not to by them. They’re a lot more valuable and collectible to the people who care about them than CDs are ever likely to be.

I myself can’t justify buying digital generally because files feel worthless to me, and CDs are digitally identical to the FLAC files I can get from a torrent trackers (and the artwork is pretty wimpy compared to an LP). There’s no way to make an exact copy of a record, and that’s why actually having it is more special.

There is an interview, where he explains that Wirt doesn't really know Sara because "when you had a highschool crush you don't really like that person for who he/she really is..." He answer this when the interviewer ask him: why we never see her without her disguise?

I'm obviously assuming identical mastering.
>Also having a vinyl version of an older analog-recorded album (or a newer one that goes that route) means you have a direct transfer from tape that has never been turned into digital 1s and 0s
The analog artifacts introduced in pressing vinyl are much worse. And it doesn't really even matter because music releases that never pass through some digital stage are pretty much unheard of now, even for older music.
>They’re a lot more valuable and collectible to the people who care about them than CDs are ever likely to be.
They are more valuable because of hipsters, many of whom fall for the memes people like you spread.
>There’s no way to make an exact copy of a record, and that’s why actually having it is more special.
There's also no way to stop it from degrading. Every time you listen to it, it gets a little worse.

>why we never see her without her disguise?
Because she's black, and never showing her actual face BTFOs racists and SJWs at the same time. It's fucking brilliant.

>when you had a highschool crush you don't really like that person for who he/she really is...
Sounds like he's talking from bitter personal experience, which is not very representative.

There are plenty of couples who got together in high school, married, had kids, and stayed together for decades. Used to be more, but they're certainly still out there.

McHale said: "We deliberatery make things ambiguous..." That's because in "For Sara" he makes many references to Beatrice but he never mentions the name of his "Dear" and when he tries to say it he is disrupted. (For Sara is just the tittle of the extra content but it's in fact a sequel of the cartoon) That's because McHale doesn't want give him a definitive ship.

But it seems like McHale has preference for Beatrice as Wirt OTP, because he express in his comics and extra content why Wirt likes Beatrice but Sara is a "highschool crush".

Beatrice is supposed to be an spoiled girl with a bossy personality, but the story doesn't see it like a good thing, she is supposed to be a girl who need correct herself just like Wirt need correct himself and she did it. Her story is about the repetence and forgiveness.

A funny thing is that Beatrice has a really good opinion of Wirt but she is shy about express it.

"Haha, it's amazing that someone with your brain can't deal even when the daily shores"
"Oh you mean... someone so smart like me"
"Ugh..."

Her disguise is based in Harlequin a friend of Pinocchio, Pinocchio offers his life in exchange for Harlequin life, and Wirt called her "Pidgeon who will never see the sea", the pidgeon help Pinocchio to reach his father who is in the sea. The sea in OTGW represents the unknown.

Sara is going to kill Wirt.

Lol

Hey here is an spoiler... Wirt is McHale self-insert, just like Greg is based in his son and probably Beatrice is in part based in his wife.

>There are plenty of couples who got together in high school, married, had kids, and stayed together for decades

That almost never happen, it's not reallistic, when the school is over the most part of the students go in different directions and many of them never see each other again, that's how life works.

Talking in a non-realistic sense, Wirt is Dante, Dante is always separated of Beatrice (his ideal woman) but they will be always reunited with the time. That's happen in every story based in the Divine Comedy that's how these stories work.

The mastering is obviously different on this particular release (and many others, to the point where “discounting” it is being ignorant to one of the main reasons people bother to purchase records) because it was done by an entirely different person.
Can’t find the link but some mastering engineers did double-blind tests and found a fresh vinyl lacquer to be closer to a master tape than either hi-res PCM or DSD. Obviously the manufacturing process can introduce dust and other defects (it’s a simple fact of using a century+ old playback mechanism that involves physical grooves) but ~95% of the records I buy sound more-or-less perfect after a cleaning.

And also vinyl only degrades with each play if you play it on an extremely shitty turntable that’s tracking too heavily. Literally a non-existant issue if you have your cartridge calibrated correctly. I have 300+ LPs and not a single one is worse than when I bought them because I take care of them.

Beatrice has cucked Wirt.