Why do American cartoons all look the same?

Why do American cartoons all look the same?

>"Why do American cartoons all look the same?"
>while posting a pic showing a variety of different styled cartoons
Maybe you didn't think this through

>Steven Universe
>is crying
kek
>Family Guy
>actually looks better than any FG character design
double kek

>R&M
>dot eyes instead of scribbly eyes

i think this is bait, further more it's ironic bait as this is the type of bait that would be posted on Sup Forums. I do find OP's picture interesting, I only thought this meme existed in western art circles

I know this is some weak troll pic. But the problem exists: Ricardo and Mortimer, Hack Falls, Star vs Marco's Sweet Trap Ass, Hiatus Universe, OK let preschoolers design our characters and Spaghetti Time are all some of the most popular cartoons of recent years and all are drawn in this unoriginal, simplistic, craft-decaying style known only as "Calarts".

So easy

>anti-anime poster
>facebook filename and quality
Like clockwork.

This artist is surprisingly bad at mimicking even simple artstyles.

Except they have all completely different design approaches and looks that are easily distinguished even when applied to a set character, as demonstrated by OP.
Although SU is cheating.

David Gemmill pls leave

I thought it was pretty good. I mean Superjail and Rick and Morty have a similar art style, but the artist manages to make them distinct.

>different design aproaches
Ducktales, BTAS and ATLA have different design aproaches. The difference between the mentioned shows is the difference you will get if you let several different people emulate the same style. You can draw them together and fool a person who hasn't seen neither into thinking they are characters from the same show.

>I know this is some weak troll pic
But it's not, Japanese and Korean artists love doing these chart pictures where they try emulating other styles.

Being from different decades and drawn in house styles everyone knows probably helps in that.

Is no one getting that the OP was being ironic.
Sup Forums is turning out to be one of the most retarded boards in this site, ffs.

>my little pony
Doesn't this mean this thread could be deleted under Rule 15?

I meant in juxtaposition with the OP.

>exporting animation to Worst Korea somehow excuses utter lack of creativity in design
???

Half of these styles attempts make really simple mistakes. I mean he has round irises on the rick and morty style.

>he

Which one Sup Forums?

This would work better if the older character wasn't based on rejected 90's toons.

most people criticize calarts without knowing the amount of skill that takes making designs so simple work

>Sup Forums is turning out to be one of the most retarded boards in this site
And it took you this long to realize because?

>I posted a smug anime girl reaction so I don't need to post an argument or proof
Not to mention that this is irrelevant.

Rick & Morty because puffy vagina

>Draws self in Power Puff girl style
>IS a Power Puff.
Every. Fucking. Time.

>draws self in my little pony style
>is a pony
really fucks my brainpussy

Okay, you try it, draw an original, simplistic, appealing character.

Why? I'm not the one with a show on a major network.

Exactly.

That is the point lad

>durrhurrr if you can't do something you can't criticize it
i'm sick of this meme

But you're not criticizing it, you're saying it's uncreative and easy to do, so you should be able to do it pretty easily if thats true

At this point I just shitpost on purpose because I've really come to hate this board and everyone in it.

>Why do my animes all look the same?
FTFY