Is he the Mel Blanc of our generation?

Is he the Mel Blanc of our generation?

lol what?

no that would be Tom Kenny

mel blanc is dead and hes alive. idiot.

Fuck no. Mel Blanc was talented.
This is like how that beiber kid said he's like kurt cobain
The stupidity of this is just astounding.

Who's this?

fucking who?

His voice is not that prolific. I'd say it's Dee Bradley Baker.

He voices a lemon. Also, a pickle, but only when he wants to be.

Does he do voices for a show that you need very high IQ to understand?

or Jim Cummings

oh, alright
How fucking dare you compare Mel Blanc with that talentless hack you colossal faggot? Mel Blanc is a fucking legend, thats like comparing Robin Williams with Pauly Shore

If we're going by range, Cummings has it by a mile. Even Billy West's characters all have a noticeable "sameness" to them.

Even so, there's a creativity and soul to Blanc's voices that no living voice actor comes close to having.

He's genuinely funny. His other half however, is a fucking retard.

Suckin' dick in Mayberry!

Is he a white supremacist like Mel Blanc?

I'm sorry but not a single voice actor can match his range

You mean a Jewish supremacist?

Frank Welker

Who's the June Foray RIP of today?

Oh yeah him for sure.

>Mr. Chubbikins

Holy shit.

Not talented at all. He sounds the same in every damn cartoon!!

minus pooh bear...

>The same guy who voiced speed buggy, Monkey, Apu and Scooby Doo also voiced fucking Darkseid

Yeah never mind. Winner is here.

Peter Cullen then?

>Ace the Bathound

Holy shit I can't believe I forgot Frank. Yeah, he wins hands down even though a fifth of those credits aren't really voices so much as just animal noises.

Now THAT'S a tombstone!

>ctrl f
>no mention of Maurice LaMarche
For. Fucking. Shame on you, Sup Forums

Franky-frank Welker would come in as a close second though.

I have no idea what will happen the day he dies. He feels like a man that could live to 100 and still be Scooby Doo and Fred. Him coming back as Megatron was a mistake and I wish they would bring back Corey Burton or David Kaye

Who?

I love Justin, but not THAT much

His voices are usually pretty definable though good (Oscar sounds so much like Morty). He also reviewed my script one time so that was pretty cool.

Did Mel Blanc ever even write anything or just do voices?

I adore and respect every single actor in this thread, but a legitimate argument could be made for Matt here.

This. Frank Welker and Jim Cumming are legendary, but no two Homestar character voices sound even remotely the same. (save for that Videlectrix programmer that sounds like Strong Sad)

See pic.

I'd say it's down to Welker vs Cummings. It all really depends on how many characters will sound different after they're dead. After Welker's gone, Fred and Scooby won't ever really sound the same.
Cummings goes, and Winnie the Pooh, Pete, Tigger, Taz, and Darkwing Duck are just going to sound wrong forever.
Then again, Rob Paulsen and James Arnold Taylor probably have at least as many classic roles under their belts. They just haven't been in the game as long

You can be Jewish and a white supremacist at the same time though. Just look at Ben Shapiro and Otto Skorzeny.

>Yoshimo
Check out the cast list for Baldur's Gate 2 sometime, it's like a checklist of well-known voice actors.

I am still amazed he is not celebrated more in VA circles. The man singlehandedly voiced like nine completely different sounding characters and is able to do remarkably difficult voice acting tricks like voicing a character impersonating another character (for reference, Hank Azaria is on record saying that in-character impersonations is one of the few things Mel Blanc could do that very few VAs in existence can do).

>no mention of Maurice LaMarche
That's because half of the characters he voices is just an Orson Wells impression.

RIP